Author Topic: Stranger Things - Use Spoiler Tags  (Read 94005 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: Stranger Things - Season 2 Out Now - Use Spoiler Tags
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2016, 09:29:27 am »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2016, 11:18:04 am »
;D That's ace
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2016, 09:40:14 am »
Every time I see you avi man, I burst out laughing. Helps we have a pug in our family.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2016, 10:37:33 am »
Boss, and my bird who thinks everything other than soaps and that Essex wank, is shit, also thought it was boss, so it must have been boss.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #244 on: January 8, 2017, 09:37:54 pm »
Just finished it last night - loved it. Took me right back to being a kid. It borrows heavily from ET, Goonies and Stand By Me (plus a host of others), but does it convincingly.

The chemistry between the cast is fantastic. Plus Elle, who is clearly boss in her own rights, is a red.
JFT97

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2017, 10:28:31 am »
50 Facts You Didn't Know About Stranger Things................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmHgDc1pfQg

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2017, 07:28:19 pm »
David Harbour gave a blistering speech at the SAG awards last night as they accepted the award for Best Cast (best series)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/veLOQLrQfNU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/veLOQLrQfNU</a>

Winona's facial expressions were amazing.

A big shout out to Winona's cleavage too. A much-missed highlight of my student days making a return to form here.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2017, 09:27:16 pm »

Winona's facial expressions were amazing.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 1, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »
David Harbour gave a blistering speech at the SAG awards last night as they accepted the award for Best Cast (best series)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/veLOQLrQfNU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/veLOQLrQfNU</a>

Great stuff that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #250 on: February 6, 2017, 03:05:02 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9Egf5U8xLo8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9Egf5U8xLo8</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #251 on: February 6, 2017, 09:56:14 am »
All in.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #252 on: February 6, 2017, 02:53:51 pm »
Gives me a very The Mist vibe!

Halloween is ages off... Perfect date for it though!

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #253 on: February 6, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9Egf5U8xLo8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9Egf5U8xLo8</a>

I'm really rather excited for this. 

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #254 on: February 6, 2017, 09:57:21 pm »
I'm really rather excited for this.

Netflixs must have high hopes for it, buying a Super bowl slot at $5 million a minute months before release usually its only films and high end ads.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 09:59:50 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #255 on: February 6, 2017, 09:59:17 pm »
Netflix must have high hopes for it, buying a Super bowl slot at $5 million a minute usually its only films and high end ads.

Netflix is worth about 32bn I doubt they care about $5m

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #256 on: February 6, 2017, 10:02:13 pm »
Netflix is worth about 32bn I doubt they care about $5m

Very true, for some reason I still keep seeing them as a small company forgetting how big they really are.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: February 6, 2017, 10:08:43 pm »
Halloween?! I don't wanna wait that long!

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #258 on: February 6, 2017, 10:20:12 pm »
Gives me a very The Mist vibe!

Halloween is ages off... Perfect date for it though!

I though The Fog and a little bit Alien .

They are doing Ghostbusters I wonder if they do Gremlins that must have came out at the same time because we saw Ghostbusters and after that finished we went to another Cinema to see Gremlins.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 11:31:28 pm by Trada »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: February 6, 2017, 11:24:57 pm »
I though The Fog and a little bit Alien .

They are doing Ghostbusters I wonder if they do Gremlins that must gave came out at the same time because we saw Ghostbusters and after that finished we went to another Cinema to see Gremlins.

Ghostbusters and Gremlins actually came out on the same day in the US.

Can't wait for the 2nd season, they clearly have high hopes for it with a trailer in February.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: February 7, 2017, 01:20:17 am »
Halloween?! I don't wanna wait that long!
Agreed, that's another 8 months too go  :(

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #261 on: February 7, 2017, 10:29:42 am »
Really loved the first season. Amazing script and acting was just superb. Can't wait for second season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #262 on: February 7, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »
count me out....didn't make it past the halfway mark of season one....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #263 on: February 7, 2017, 05:19:45 pm »
The first season was great. It's best if you don't take it too seriously. I've genuinely seen people dismiss it by saying it doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside the likes of The Wire and Breaking Bad, as if you can make any comparison between the content of Stranger Things and shows like those. Two different worlds.

My only worry is that it might become a bit self aware, a bit try hard. I don't think they anticipated it turning into the phenomenon it has, now there's a lot more anticipation on them to deliver.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: February 7, 2017, 05:50:02 pm »
The first season was great. It's best if you don't take it too seriously. I've genuinely seen people dismiss it by saying it doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside the likes of The Wire and Breaking Bad, as if you can make any comparison between the content of Stranger Things and shows like those. Two different worlds.

My only worry is that it might become a bit self aware, a bit try hard. I don't think they anticipated it turning into the phenomenon it has, now there's a lot more anticipation on them to deliver.

Agreed, bear in mind the creators had however long to write season one and less than a year to write season two. I would have liked them to be all self contained stories maybe different time periods and different characters and whatnot, but I'm optimistic for season two.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #265 on: February 7, 2017, 06:28:34 pm »
Agreed, bear in mind the creators had however long to write season one and less than a year to write season two. I would have liked them to be all self contained stories maybe different time periods and different characters and whatnot, but I'm optimistic for season two.

Yes yes YES. Think I said the same at the time. As great as these kids are, I don't need to go back in to their story. Make it another series with another odd occurrence in the same way The Twilight Zone worked.

I suppose the concern there would be if they saw how a show like True Detective fell flat when they swapped characters. Then again part of the reason TD season 2 struggled was because of the pressured timeline to write it, and Stranger Things seem to have taken the same risk.

Very excited though, hope it doesn't disappoint.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #266 on: February 7, 2017, 06:34:22 pm »

First person I've seen say they didn't like it. Each to their own I suppose.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 7, 2017, 07:25:08 pm »

True. The first series came out of nowhere, don't remember any fanfare about it except reading about it on the likes of Den of Geek but it's always nice when a show does that, especially one created by and starring virtual unknowns (Winona Ryder and Jean Ralphio excepted of course). Good point about them trying too hard and I don't know if the second series can live up to expectations regardless of how good it is.

Still, looking forward to it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #268 on: February 7, 2017, 08:23:36 pm »

First person I've seen say they didn't like it. Each to their own I suppose.

Really?.....i know a few people who thought it was a load of shite.......wouldn't go that far, but still
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #269 on: February 7, 2017, 08:25:46 pm »

Me neither. Felt I'd seen it all before .... although in better 80s films.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #270 on: February 8, 2017, 12:08:02 pm »

Absolutely

Me neither. Felt I'd seen it all before .... although in better 80s films.

Never set out as 'look at us, we can do it better' though. In fact, a major element of the series was to act intentionally as nostalgia.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #271 on: February 8, 2017, 01:56:09 pm »
Yes, it was intentionally nostalgic from the era the makers grew up in. It's why I don't think another time period would really work for them.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2017, 01:40:29 am »
Stranger Things: How many seasons will the Netflix series go?

It had one of the most talked about first seasons in recent years and its second season is arguably one of 2017’s most anticipated returns. But how many seasons will Stranger Things go? EW talked to creators Ross and Matt Duffer who want to make sure that Things doesn’t wear out its welcome.

Right now, the Duffers are envisioning Things will last four or five seasons but that can all change.

“Everything changes as we move forward so we’ll see,” says Ross Duffer. Adds Matt Duffer, “I want it to have a really finite ending. I don’t want it to be one of those shows that runs out of gas and they lose it because they’re losing interest. You wanna end when you’re on top.”

Much like season 1, the Duffers are aiming for Stranger Things 2 to feel like one long movie. Says Ross Duffer, “Hopefully you’ll come to the end of season 2 and feel fully satisfied and want more but you’ll feel like it has come to a conclusion. But also we’ve laid the ground work for further seasons.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/13/stranger-things-how-many-seasons/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Offline Show Me The Exit

• Anny Roader
  • No Mané mo' problems.
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2017, 02:27:29 pm »
Watched this over the past few nights with m'lady and loved it.

Agree its not in the same league as The Wire and Breaking bad etc. and i was all set not to e like it for being overly nostalgic but it was great.

There were some genuinely touching scenes and the kids were all well written. Her only complaint was that it wasnt scary enough.
Mate, with all due respect, you are an absolute fucking fruit case -MOZ

Seriously mate - You post such utter fucking gash with such conviction it's quite spell binding. - Alan_X

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: March 5, 2017, 05:45:11 pm »
Watched through it all last night. Fantastic stuff. Eleven the Red was awesome.

Also that Nancy girl was like the cutest thing ever, fuck Steve!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2017, 03:51:50 pm »
New, earlier release date. 8)

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2017, 05:14:03 pm »
That poster looks properly ace.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2017, 12:24:15 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vgS2L7WPIO4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vgS2L7WPIO4</a>

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2017, 12:50:41 am »
Looks brilliant can't wait.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2017, 10:50:19 am »
Such a good trailer. Can't wait!
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.