Author Topic: The Great British Bake Off  (Read 42125 times)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Great British Bake Off
« Reply #400 on: November 24, 2021, 12:51:36 am »
Delighted Giuseppe won. I think overall he deserved it more than the other two and looked like it meant more to him.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #401 on: November 24, 2021, 07:19:56 am »
He kissed the spatula. That's what did it.

I thought he'd fucked it up when he left the oven off but a well deserved win.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #402 on: November 24, 2021, 09:09:16 am »
Glad he won, but they were all good.

Proper X-Factored it this year though, and there's fucking no chance Chigs has only been 'baking for a year'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #403 on: November 24, 2021, 11:22:45 pm »
Not having someone winning after burning one of the bakes but fair play to him, probably did deserve it based on overall performance.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #404 on: November 24, 2021, 11:28:06 pm »
Pleased for Giuseppe, he was my favourite contestant. Had to feel a bit for Jurgen going out in the semi-final after the performances he put in. Thought they were all pretty likeable, Crystelle was sunk by serving raw dough, otherwise she'd have won it I reckon. She and Chigs really kicked on in the last 2/3 weeks.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2021, 09:45:50 pm »
Crystelle is so full of shit. “I have had a few important moments, I was the class clown and my family sat me down and told me to sort my life out”. At 8.

She really is, an either she’s never made a focaccia before in her life or she just tried to bullshit that she didn’t know what happened, I think the latter. Doubt there’s much chance you lift that 3cm slab of dough from pan to plate without seeing it looks like an oily uncooked turd. Fucking state of it  ;D

Made up for Giuseppe, was really nice seeing his family and story with his dad.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: November 26, 2021, 09:54:45 am »
She really is, an either she’s never made a focaccia before in her life or she just tried to bullshit that she didn’t know what happened, I think the latter. Doubt there’s much chance you lift that 3cm slab of dough from pan to plate without seeing it looks like an oily uncooked turd. Fucking state of it  ;D

Made up for Giuseppe, was really nice seeing his family and story with his dad.

When they showed the foccacia still in the oven my partner was saying it looked wrong, she felt very proud of herself when it came out looking terrible.

I liked how Giuseppe's Mum wasn't surprised, seems a very italian reaction about the standard of british cooking.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #407 on: July 5, 2022, 11:34:06 pm »
None of the professional bakers have any personality.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #408 on: September 23, 2022, 01:15:00 pm »
No one watching this any more?

Seems like a good batch this year, been very impressed with some of the showstoppers already.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: September 23, 2022, 01:46:30 pm »
No one watching this any more?

Seems like a good batch this year, been very impressed with some of the showstoppers already.

I am. Or should that be fast forward through the baking bits and the ads until the final product is produced and judged on.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #410 on: September 23, 2022, 01:50:50 pm »
I reckon it's losing it's charm now. Doesn't seem to be anywhere near the hype around it, and if it wasn't for the fact I stumbled across it the other night I'd have no idea it had started. Wonder how the viewing figures compare to previous years.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #411 on: September 23, 2022, 02:15:14 pm »
I reckon it's losing it's charm now. Doesn't seem to be anywhere near the hype around it, and if it wasn't for the fact I stumbled across it the other night I'd have no idea it had started. Wonder how the viewing figures compare to previous years.

It may sound odd but I actually think the Queen's death may have had a big negative impact - the time they would ramp up advertising, and the time if the first episode, was massively effected by the Queen coverage and the period of advertising blackout out of respect.

I don't think it is as good as it used to be, cast seem fair, but yeah I heard a lot less build for this series, maybe because close to a week of advertising time was thrown up in the air

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2022, 10:56:07 am »
Its too long now - some of the bits between bakes isn't needed - just get on with it.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2022, 10:58:07 am »
Its too long now - some of the bits between bakes isn't needed - just get on with it.

Yep. Its so boring i just forward to the presentations. Even on the Beeb one they filled in the gaps with history lessons about the bakes.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2022, 10:22:52 pm »
What the fuck were those savoury cake creations? Eww. Was like that Beef trifle Rachel made in Friends.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2022, 10:27:41 pm »
They looked horrific. Egg and cress, prawn and crayfish, and chicken coronation sandwiches. All layered together, made into a cake and then covered in cream cheese. Mmmm
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2022, 10:40:39 pm »
Linudden no longer the worst thing to have ever come out of Sweden.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2022, 11:07:22 pm »
Those cakes were fucking horrific. Just horrid

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #418 on: October 11, 2022, 09:55:41 pm »
Just catching up on this.

Was gutted Maisam went - she didn't deserve to go.

Don't like Dawn or that Grotbags tribute act.

Can already see that the winner will come from Sandro, Maxy, Janusz or Syabira. Rooting for either Sandro or Maxy.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: November 25, 2022, 10:57:45 am »
Finally watched it through to the final.

Was a funny series. Halfway through, you'd have had the winner from Sandro, Maxy & Janusz. Syabira seemed promising but wasn't executing that consistently. Abdul was one of several in that 'middle of the pack' who you think "one bad week and you're out".

Maxy started to wobble. in the second half of the series and went out QF. Then Sandro also slipped. I though Janusz was unlucky and Sandro got the nod because of his persona in there/popularity with audiences. Sandro didn't recover for the final, and actually seemed a bit blase about the whole thing by the end.

Syabira just began to consistently pull it all together and deliver top tier bakes. Then Abdul kept stepping it up and putting himself above others week after week to make it impossible for the judges to kick him out.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: November 25, 2022, 11:36:57 am »
Yeah about halfway through I had Maxy or Janusz down as the winner. Bake Off can be brutal though, past performances don't count for much.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2022, 11:13:04 am »
Thought the series on a whole, compared to previous years, was really weak.

Syabira won based on her performance throughout the series, but based on the final I thought Abdul should have won.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2023, 06:10:52 pm »
Final tonight

Another year where i don't think the quality is at the same level as most previous years.

I want Matty to win; seems a really nice guy - but the weakest out of the three remaining. Would have been happy with him or Tasha winning (Tasha went to pieces last week).

Josh and Dan probably the best bakers overall. Josh seems a decent chap, but is boring and a bit up his own arse.

Dan massively grates on me.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2023, 09:03:10 pm »
Shite this year. Prue is a right wing c*nt.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2023, 10:08:42 pm »
Shite this year. Prue is a right wing c*nt.

She is, but I have liked it a lot more this year - I really like Allison as a personality, the bakes haven't been too stupid in terms of over the top nonsense, and no one has been a real runaway winner.

So yeah I've quite liked it

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2023, 11:27:46 pm »
She is, but I have liked it a lot more this year - I really like Allison as a personality, the bakes haven't been too stupid in terms of over the top nonsense, and no one has been a real runaway winner.

So yeah I've quite liked it

I've enjoyed it, too.

I was dismayed when Allison Hammond was announced as co-host, because I've always found her too loud and annoying, but she so fits it and has a great chemistry with Noel (and most of the bakers). I'm a convert.

As for the final, although I wanted Matty to win, I thought Josh deserved it a lot more. Felt he was hard done by, and was penalised for playing the showstopper a bit safe (after building a big lead over the other two that first day)

I felt bad for wanting Dan to fuck up, but his high-energy, cheeky-chappy thing did really get on my tits.