Author Topic: Do you tip?  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Do you tip?
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2017, 11:06:57 pm »
And I dont tip on card cos there's not a chance some places give that money to their staff!
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2017, 11:25:59 pm »
I tip almost everywhere I go.
Restaurants, pubs, taxi's; As long as it's good service, I tip  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2017, 11:35:24 pm »
I find the whole "One for yourself" / "Take your own" thing in pubs proper confusing. Sometimes it'll cost you 20p, sometimes they'll take the price of a full drink. Because I have no idea which it's going to be, I tend to avoid it, but what I'd really like to be able to say is "Thanks for pouring my beer, but let's face it, you haven't brought it to my table, so would you like to keep 50p of the change and give me the rest back? Ta."

If I say take one for yerself in my local he takes for half pint of cooking lager (Carling) and pours himsen half a Peroni. Hes a good lad.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2017, 11:55:47 pm »
Unless the service is proper awful, then I tip. I don't tend to work it out to the penny though.

Restaurants: Pay the bill by card and leave cash on the table, around 10-20%
Taxis: 'Keep the change/round it up'
Pubs: 'Take one yourself' on the first round. If it's £3 it's the last time. If it's 20p or whatever, it's every time. Hopefully that gets me served a bit quicker subsequently.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2017, 09:47:18 am »
I'll always leave at least 10% in restaurants unless the service has been absolutely woeful, which to be honest I think has only happened once or twice.

Don't tend to tip in bars/pubs as much these days because I just don't see why I should in places that charge £4/5/6 a fucking pint. Appreciate that's nothing to do with the bar staff but that's the way I see it unfortunately.

Delivery drivers I always give a decent tip to after I read someone on here who'd worked as one talk about how shitty the pay was. Think it was the mingebags thread.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2017, 09:51:24 am »
Ireland here. Nope. Very rarely come across that whole concept.

Never see it in Scotland either.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2017, 11:45:38 am »
I find the whole "One for yourself" / "Take your own" thing in pubs proper confusing. Sometimes it'll cost you 20p, sometimes they'll take the price of a full drink. Because I have no idea which it's going to be, I tend to avoid it, but what I'd really like to be able to say is "Thanks for pouring my beer, but let's face it, you haven't brought it to my table, so would you like to keep 50p of the change and give me the rest back? Ta."
Was in a pub in staines and said 'take your own' and the bird behind the bar said 'no thanks'

baffled me head that one
cyas

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2017, 01:41:29 pm »
A bloke stylist comes round to cut my hair (also does my Mum and Dad) and he charges £11.  I always give him £15 because he drives across town and fits in around us.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2017, 01:56:01 pm »
Had my ears lowered this morning, cost £6.50 so gave a £1.50 tip. Usually only give £1 but was feeling a bit generous
Legacy fan

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2017, 01:56:27 pm »
Had my ears lowered this morning, cost £6.50 so gave a £1.50 tip. Usually only give £1 but was feeling a bit generous

Had your what what?!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2017, 01:56:46 pm »
Legacy fan

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2017, 01:57:42 pm »
My hair cut

Don't think i've ever heard that before. Learn something new everyday.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2017, 06:50:00 pm »
Was in a pub in staines and said 'take your own' and the bird behind the bar said 'no thanks'

baffled me head that one

She might have thought you were offering to buy her a drink as a way of making a move on her. :D

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 2, 2017, 03:10:13 am »
Americans are mad.

Waiters getting paid $2 an hour but the enemy is the customer? Idiots deserve all they get
Different cultures. Working in the service industry here it is expected customers tip. Hair dresser, delivery, server, bartender (rounded out) I almost always at least give a fiver. I get its much different from other cultures, but to take out your frustration on those living paycheck to paycheck due to the industry is mad in itself and not going to change anything.

Not that it matters, it seems you live in a place where that's not the case.

But it's frustrating locally when the few customers who feel that the most effective method of changing policy (or more than likely just don't want to pay more) is hurting the little guy, not the big corporations. The service industry is always needed, and whether you tip or not does not matter to them financially.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #94 on: July 2, 2017, 03:32:01 pm »
Had the worst service in the world on Thursday in honest burger. Took an hour & 40 minutes for 5 of us to order, eat & get the bill on Thursday. Was made up for the waiter under charging us when we split the bill on 5 cards.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #95 on: July 2, 2017, 03:33:53 pm »
Round to the next 10 for bad to average service. 15% for good.
You'd tip for bad service?
Somewhat defeats the point of tipping then...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #96 on: July 2, 2017, 04:29:09 pm »
You'd tip for bad service?
Somewhat defeats the point of tipping then...

Generally tip 10% in restaurants unless the service is poor.

Only ever had really bad service twice, once in France and once in Italy, where the waiters (both where male) preferred swanning around sucking up to the locals. Needless to say no tip.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 3, 2017, 09:29:18 am »
Different cultures. Working in the service industry here it is expected customers tip. Hair dresser, delivery, server, bartender (rounded out) I almost always at least give a fiver. I get its much different from other cultures, but to take out your frustration on those living paycheck to paycheck due to the industry is mad in itself and not going to change anything.

Not that it matters, it seems you live in a place where that's not the case.

But it's frustrating locally when the few customers who feel that the most effective method of changing policy (or more than likely just don't want to pay more) is hurting the little guy, not the big corporations. The service industry is always needed, and whether you tip or not does not matter to them financially.
My point is that people working in these industries should be pushing for a living wage, it's pretty shocking to me that in 2017 we have people going to work who might not be able to pay the rent this month after a few weeks of low tips. Everyone should have a consistent salary they can rely on - it shouldn't be 90% reliant on tips.
cyas