Author Topic: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight  (Read 20152 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2009, 11:40:15 am »
How many complaints would it take them to sit up and take action? If we knew that it might make things easier

Precisely why I've filed under FOI to find out how many complaints they've received. If they are ignoring thousands of complaints we can make a fuss about it.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2009, 11:42:35 am »
Just had the same standard response bit through. I am being naive or is this paragraph slightly promising:

"Please be assured, however, that we have registered your comments on our audience log.  This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management.  It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC."

How many complaints would it take them to sit up and take action? If we knew that it might make things easier.

That's the same standard paragraph they put in all complaints response mate - or at least it's been in every e-mail I've received from them about the scum.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2009, 11:44:59 am »
Round of applause to all who took the time to write in. Personally I've had my fill of having my views ignored and questions unanswered in anything other than a glib, generic brush-off (so I carry on fighting in a different way).

At times like this I am also grateful that I no longer live within range of BBC transmissions, otherwise I'd more than likely watch the smug fucker just so I could see what tripe he comes out with next.....as Maggie May used to say, in order to fight your enemy you have to understand him.

Oh and how long before the RAWK mods write an auto-correct for Kevin Uniform November Tango? ;)

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2009, 12:12:47 pm »
Received a generic reply:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We note your concerns regarding Kelvin MacKenzie contributing to 'Question
Time' on 12 February.

'Question Time' considers him to be a suitable panellist since the programme is
committed to including a wide range of views and perspectives.  His views can
be controversial - but robust argument is what the debate on 'Question Time' is
all about.  There is no question of the BBC or 'Question Time' endorsing the
views of any panellist who appears on the programme.

Please be assured, however, that we have registered your comments on our
audience log.  This is the internal report of audience feedback which we
compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the
BBC, and also their senior management.  It ensures that your points, and all
other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

BBC Complaints

Feel a bit sick about how they can just cast all complaints aside and pat us on the head with this rubbish. Let's not let it drop this time. If there can be media hysteria about Ross, Brand, and Carol Thatcher, then lets see how many complaints they've ignored to continue employing this despicable man.

Offline Sausages

• Main Stander
  • This isn't like 'Nam Smoky, there are rules here
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24:57 pm »
Sent the following;
Dear Sir/Madam
I understand that the Corporation has again made the questionable decision to host Kelvin McKenzie as a panellist on Question Time. I also understand that the last time this occurred the BBC received thousands of complaints from people concerned at the use of licence payers money to employ a known liar. The fact that you have chosen to again use license payers money to host this serial liar, and unrepentant bigot flies in the face of reason, sensitivity, and even appears to be contrary to the BBC's own guidelines, viz
May I remind you of part of the BBC guidelines,

Truth and accuracy

"We strive to be accurate and establish the truth of what has happened. Accuracy is more important than speed and it is often more than a question of getting the facts right. We will weigh all relevant facts and information to get at the truth. Our output will be well sourced, based on sound evidence, thoroughly tested and presented in clear, precise language. We will be honest and open about what we don't know and avoid unfounded speculation."

Such emphasis on the importance of "truth" begs the question of why you would choose to continually employ a person whose entire career is based on a blatant disregard for such veracity. If you choose to continue using my money to pay this liar, then I would appreciate information regarding how I can claim a pro rata refund on my license fee for the amount of money the BBC routinely pays to liars who discredit the reputation of a once grear Corporation.
I fully expect a trite generic reply, but I sincerely hope that in the new atmosphere of Post-Brand/Ross accountability, somebody in the BBC would at some point accept the fact the this person is not fit or porper to appear on the Corporations programmes.
Disappointedly yours
Garry Evans
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:26:58 pm by Sausages »

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2009, 12:43:09 pm »
Well at least they're not sending out a load of stock email replies.....c*nts.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We note your concerns regarding Kelvin MacKenzie contributing to 'Question Time' on 12 February.

'Question Time' considers him to be a suitable panellist since the programme is committed to including a wide range of views and perspectives.  His views can be controversial - but robust argument is what the debate on 'Question Time' is all about.  There is no question of the BBC or 'Question Time' endorsing the views of any panellist who appears on the programme.

Please be assured, however, that we have registered your comments on our audience log.  This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management.  It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Regards

BBC Complaints

I mean, what the fuck is that? Thats fucking nothing.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline DuncMcD

• Main Stander
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2009, 01:11:10 pm »
Personally I've had my fill of having my views ignored and questions unanswered in anything other than a glib, generic brush-off (so I carry on fighting in a different way).

Was thinking about this last night, i.e. "a different way". It seems fairly obvious now that regardless of how many complaints we send to the BBC, they will carry on employing the vile c*nt. So what can we do differently?

I think we have to lobby the club in some way and get them to act on our behalf. What better way to make the general public aware of this situation than for Rafa to refuse to be interviewed by the BBC? If Taggart & Fat Sam can get away with it (for, in my opnion, lesser reasons) why not our gaffer?

John Motson: "So Sammy, Rafa won't be speaking with us today. Why is that?"
Sammy Lee: "Well you see John, it's because...."

It will be out there then for all to see and understand - especially in the 20th anniversary year. I'm sure this could drum up further support from outside our fanbase - then the BBC won't be able to just ignore it and sweep all the complaints under the carpet.

Thoughts?

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2009, 01:12:28 pm »
Precisely why I've filed under FOI to find out how many complaints they've received. If they are ignoring thousands of complaints we can make a fuss about it.

Excellent idea, good work.

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2009, 01:16:36 pm »
I know this thread is supposed to be about that odious, lying c*nt but I'd like a blanket club ban on talking to the media altogether - 'cept LFCTV of course. Just do it on the pitch RedMen.

Offline scouselad69

• Main Stander
  • turn on,tune in,drop out!
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2009, 01:25:16 pm »
I know this thread is supposed to be about that odious, lying charlie uniform november tango but I'd like a blanket club ban on talking to the media altogether - 'cept LFCTV of course. Just do it on the pitch RedMen.
Fantastic idea I´d love to see that happen!But I don´t suppose it will and if it did you just know that the vermin would go into overdrive!Spewing forth loads of poisonous bile !With more Rafa´s crackin up Headlines and random lies disguised as facts!
"Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red strength than today"Shankly talking about the fans after the 74 FA Cup Final Victory over Newcastle

Offline KevTheKopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2009, 03:28:45 pm »
this is the reply i got from the bbc this morning... nice to see they took it seriously

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We note your concerns regarding Kelvin MacKenzie contributing to 'Question Time' on 12 February.

'Question Time' considers him to be a suitable panellist since the programme is committed to including a wide range of views and perspectives.  His views can be controversial - but robust argument is what the debate on 'Question Time' is all about.  There is no question of the BBC or 'Question Time' endorsing the views of any panellist who appears on the programme.

Please be assured, however, that we have registered your comments on our audience log.  This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management.  It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Regards

BBC Complaints"

i got that exact email back aswell
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2009, 03:39:29 pm »
Just sent them this in response to the e-mail we've all had back:

I received this generic e-mail reply earlier and am thoroughly unimpressed by the explanation given as to why Kelvin MacKenzie was able to appear on Question Time.

Surely the definition of robust argument is that the evidence behind his conclusions has some merit - MacKenzie clearly has no standing for 'robust argument', since his 'coverage' of Hillsborough indicated he was quite willing to publish scandalous remarks with no facts whatsoever to back the story up.

I also think the hypocrisy the BBC displays is breathtaking. Carol Thatcher was sacked for a racist comment (and rightly so), while Jonathan Ross was suspended for a politically incorrect prank, with Russell Brand resigning. Yet you continue to give a platform for MacKenzie to air his xenophobic views, when the mere sight of the man is enough to cause hurt to many. I am disgusted at what my licence fee goes towards.

Joe Gaynard

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2009, 03:40:18 pm »
i got that exact email back aswell

Me too - and everyone else.

It's a complete load of shite. I sent them another one back - but expect to receive 'round 2 of the Generic 'whining Sccarrassaaars' Email'

The BBC are knobheads.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2009, 05:51:45 pm »
Just had this back - I'll keep you informed:

Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, about complaints logged about Kelvin MacKenzie and other individuals since 1st February, 2008 to present. Your request was received on 12th February, 2009. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2009, 07:28:15 pm »
Keep us updated No666 :thumbup

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2009, 07:29:59 pm »
Good work laa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2009, 09:27:58 pm »

Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, about complaints logged about Kelvin MacKenzie and other individuals since 1st February, 2008 to present. Your request was received on 12th February, 2009. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.

Don't hold your breath for an answer, at least not the one you want.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:40 pm »

I think we have to lobby the club in some way and get them to act on our behalf. What better way to make the general public aware of this situation than for Rafa to refuse to be interviewed by the BBC? If Taggart & Fat Sam can get away with it (for, in my opnion, lesser reasons) why not our gaffer?

John Motson: "So Sammy, Rafa won't be speaking with us today. Why is that?"
Sammy Lee: "Well you see John, it's because...."

I agree, the club could and perhaps should do more to put some pressure on the BBC.  However, I think Rafa doesn't need any more media attention at this stage of the season. 

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2009, 11:37:26 pm »
Just listening to George Galloway and he has just ripped into Mackenzie  saying he can't believe they allow that bigoted right wing no mark on question time as his contribution are a disgrace and the BBC are a disgrace for lowering themselves to this mans level of  right wing bigoted rhetoric  .

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2009, 11:38:29 pm »
Just listening to George Galloway and he has just ripped into Mackenzie  saying he can't believe they allow that bigoted right wing no mark on question time as his contribution are a disgrace and the BBC are a disgrace for lowering themselves to this mans level of  right wing bigoted rhetoric  .

Blimey, that man has just gone up a lot in my estimation.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2009, 08:02:51 am »
Round of applause to all who took the time to write in. Personally I've had my fill of having my views ignored and questions unanswered in anything other than a glib, generic brush-off (so I carry on fighting in a different way).

At times like this I am also grateful that I no longer live within range of BBC transmissions, otherwise I'd more than likely watch the smug fucker just so I could see what tripe he comes out with next.....as Maggie May used to say, in order to fight your enemy you have to understand him.

Oh and how long before the RAWK mods write an auto-correct for Kevin Uniform November Tango? ;)

Morning, all.

As soon as 10.35pm came on Thursday night, I turned it off.  Well played to everyone who voiced their disapproval against that lying, deceiving excuse of a thing.

How many more times of sending hundreds of e-mails to that joke of an organisation is it going to take, for the hypocritical London-centric bastards to get the fucking message.

If they can sack Brand and suspend Ross, for insulting a 78 year old grandfather (only because 40,000 Mary Whitehouses' heard of it) and they can remove that bitch's daughter from the One show, then they can stop allowing that fucking insult to humanity airtime*

He has something on some of the BBC's executives, that cannot be in doubt.  We need to find out what it is.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2009, 03:11:30 pm »
this needs to be step up to the next level.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2009, 06:02:42 pm »
A bit late, but I've just sent in a complaint.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2009, 07:59:37 am »
this needs to be step up to the next level.
It's not from lack of trying ;) Do you have any ideas? You might come up with something we haven't tried yet! :thumbup

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2009, 12:01:44 pm »

I'll put money on you getting a stock response along the lines that cost does not justify the request.  Its what I got a few years back when I asked for similar information.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline sirrogerhunt

• Main Stander
  • Sir Roger in his prime
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2009, 02:27:48 pm »
We should make the BBC think twice about putting him on again by filing complaints and then when we get stock answers bang in a request for more information under the Freedom of Information Act so that they get overloaded.
Like everybody else I got the stock answer to my initial complaint and so I then asked how many complaints the BBC received over his last appearance and how many they had received in total for all his previous appearances.
You can file your FOI request at this address
foi@bbc.co.uk
I've had the following reply to my Freedom of Information request

Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, about complaints logged against Kelvin MacKenzie's appearances on Question Time. Your request was received on 14th February 2009. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.

The reference number for your request is RFI20090320.

Kind regards

The Information Policy & Compliance Team

BBC Freedom of Information
Room 2252, BBC White City
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TS

www.bbc.co.uk/foi
Email: foi@bbc.co.uk

Tel: 020 8008 2882
Fax: 020 8008 2398

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2009, 03:01:45 pm »
We should make the BBC think twice about putting him on again by filing complaints and then when we get stock answers bang in a request for more information under the Freedom of Information Act so that they get overloaded.
Like everybody else I got the stock answer to my initial complaint and so I then asked how many complaints the BBC received over his last appearance and how many they had received in total for all his previous appearances.
You can file your FOI request at this address
foi@bbc.co.uk
I've had the following reply to my Freedom of Information request

Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, about complaints logged against Kelvin MacKenzie's appearances on Question Time. Your request was received on 14th February 2009. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.

The reference number for your request is RFI20090320.

Kind regards

The Information Policy & Compliance Team

BBC Freedom of Information
Room 2252, BBC White City
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TS

www.bbc.co.uk/foi
Email: foi@bbc.co.uk

Tel: 020 8008 2882
Fax: 020 8008 2398

Been there, done that. Don't hold your breath that anything will be forthcoming.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline uitmis

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2009, 03:29:39 pm »
Just a suggestion, but has anyone contacted the BBC trust about this?  One of the members, Alison Hastings, lives in Birkenhead and her husband is employed as Director. Organisation National Museums Liverpool..  If nothing else, she should at least be aware of the  feelings of Liverpool fans.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2009, 04:08:56 pm »
It's not from lack of trying ;) Do you have any ideas? You might come up with something we haven't tried yet! :thumbup

a post on otk
A protest outside the BBC studios in London needs to happen. The ideal time would be Fulham away

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2009, 08:48:47 pm »
Just a suggestion, but has anyone contacted the BBC trust about this?  One of the members, Alison Hastings, lives in Birkenhead and her husband is employed as Director. Organisation National Museums Liverpool..  If nothing else, she should at least be aware of the  feelings of Liverpool fans.

Yes, a couple of times, but of course to no avail. But if you have any direct or indirect route to Alison Hastings then please utilise it!! Anything is worth a try in this instance.....

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2009, 08:53:59 pm »
A protest outside the BBC studios in London needs to happen. The ideal time would be Fulham away
A nice idea! I think there was talk some time last year of organising a demo outside the Beeb - not sure what came of it. Are you in a position to organise anything like that?

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:52 pm »
Mackenzie's also trying to launch a new radio station in partnership with Richard Branson.
......and could he play!

Offline John McKenna

• Main Stander
  • Me having no education. I had to use my brains
« Reply #232 on: March 2, 2009, 10:14:54 am »
I sent  mine in at the time but to no response. How did the rest of you fare? Did any one even get a genuine response?
“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2009, 10:39:36 am »
Right, I got a new response for the beeb. Its a classic.

My response to their original 'automated' reply:

"I thank you for the speed of your response, but frankly, not good enough, BBC.

You haven't answered the questions I asked so here goes again:

Would you employ (and by that word I mean pay to appear even once on a programme) a member of a Neo-Nazi organisation, or perhaps any radical right-wing group so as to allow them to espouse their views?

Would you allow a Holocaust denier to speak openly about political issues,
given that their opinions are so horribly skewed on the one issue surely they could not be rational on another?

Finally, would you allow Carol Thatcher back without a full and frank apology? And subsequent to this, if she did indeed apologise but later retracted
 said apology and remarked that she was proud of her original comments, would she continue to be paid by the BBC?

Interested to hear what the official party line would be, and whether you can see the hypocrisy, BBC.

I'll even add one to the mix. Maybe each time you respond without answering, I'll add another question to the list.
So here goes: Would the neo-nazi or holocaust denier be a 'suitable candidate' due to their 'views and perspectives'?

Sincerely,

David Byrne"
---------------

Their new email dated today:

"Dear Mr Byrne

Thanks for your further email.

We've contacted the Director of BBC News about your complaint and she has
asked us to let you know that she's satisfied with the response provided
explaining 'Question Time's' decision to include Kelvin MacKenzie on this
occasion.  As a result there's nothing further we can add; however, we'll
certainly note your ongoing concerns about his contribution to the
programme.

Regards

(name)
BBC Complaints"

------------------

So my response to that:

"Dear (name) & The BBC Complaints Department,

Thank you for your belated response, I can only assume the delay was due to deluge of other complaints that you haven't taken seriously.

So then, now you are having a blackout on answering reasonable questions and simply declaring that 'you are satisfied' with your own response, I wonder if I can replicate your shortcomings as an organisation and a complaints department? I wonder if I can declare myself totally unsatisfied with the continued employment (albeit on an appearance related salary) of the proven liar Kelvin MacKenzie by a corporation that includes, in it's own editorial guidelines the following paragraph:

"In practice, our commitment to impartiality means:
we will sometimes need to report on or interview people whose views may cause serious offence to many in our audiences. We must be convinced, after appropriate referral, that a clear public interest outweighs the possible offence."

Does Kelvin MacKenzie's appearance and opinions on the variety of subjects debated on Question Time really outweigh the significance of his offensiveness to the families of the 96 who died at Hillsborough, the people of Liverpool and people with a moral code stronger than that of a man who once admitted: "I wasn't really interested in their views. To be truthful I'm not really very interested in other people's views generally. They should be interested in mine." *

Did you read that quote? I would ask you to read it again. Slowly. "To be truthful I'm not really very interested in other people's views generally. They should be interested in mine."
Of what interest is a bigot who will not listen to other people to an organisation like the BBC? Is he in the running for the Director-General post? Given your blanket responses so far to these complaints one would assume you've taken a leaf out of his book.

In some respects, I feel that this continued line of questioning is pointless. But I have to continue, as declaring yourself satisfied with your own decisions is of no use to me, I am not satisfied. We, the many members of the public who have consistently and rigorously opposed MacKenzie's continued employment, are not satisfied. We would expect the decency of an honest answer to honest questions detailed here and in my previous two emails. We would expect a fair hearing, not a smug dismissal from those who have clearly not taken these complaints seriously.

I understand there is an complaints procedure and I am following it to the best of my abilities, I would be grateful for a reasoned and reasonable response.

Sincerely,
David Byrne, thoroughly unsatisfied with your response.

* For reference, here is the full 2005 article from where the quote was taken. And before you read it, if you are inclined, it should be pointed out that though he claims to he apologised 'thousands' of times for The Sun's coverage the Hillsborough tragedy, he admitted himself in 2007:
"I'm not saying I was wrong, I'm saying I don't have to say I'm sorry"

And you should remember where this quote comes from; it was of course Question Time:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6254767.stm 

So please take the 'thousands of apologies' line about as seriously as you have taken these complaints so far. Anyway, here is the article.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/kelvin-mackenzie-radio-silence-no-chance-752528.html

Classy man you are employing there, BBC."

I'll keep this updated with any further responses.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2009, 10:47:09 am »
So my response to that:

Well done Byrnee, it would be nice if they took the same time and effort with their response as you have with your thoughtful complaint, but I seriously doubt it.
It is most odd.

Online redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2009, 10:49:54 am »
Right, I got a new response for the beeb. Its a classic.

My response to their original 'automated' reply:
---------------

Their new email dated today:

------------------

So my response to that:

spot on fella, look forward to seeing their response to that last letter
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2009, 10:51:07 am »
.........but I seriously doubt it.
Me too, although I would like to echo my praise for Mr Byrne's efforts, so eloquent and erudite. Yet still the charlies don't listen...........

WTF does he have on them that enables his continued employment?? :wanker

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2009, 09:12:46 pm »
Well done, Byrnee. Keep up the good work, fella.

On a slightly different note, I was down my Moms last Friday, and the wanker was on Alan Titsmarch show. I didn't have to ask my Mom to turn it over. :D
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2009, 05:53:49 am »
So my response to that:

Nothing back yet?
It is most odd.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2009, 06:17:42 am »
It sickens me to say it really, but there's only one way that you'll get the fuckers at the bbc to take notice and that's by getting a very large amount of people to cancel their TV license. If they got it in the pocket, their views would change.

I was told by the tv license people when we cancelled ours that as long as there's not ariel going into the back of your tv, then you can't be done for not having a license (but FFS don't take my word on that, it was a long time ago) Brilliant for me seeing as everything i wanted to watch I could get online or a day late on their bbc i player.

I do however continue to applaud people like Byrnee in persuing their responses
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude