Author Topic: The state Of The States. How Has America Got To Now?  (Read 333227 times)

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The state Of The States. How Has America Got To Now?
« Reply #280 on: November 19, 2021, 09:12:54 pm »
Let's not weigh in on Joe Biden who has to comment immediately with mics shoved in his grid.
There's families and other things to think about. And that's not me doing a today is not the day to comment.

I'm not the only with issues with Biden's statement. He's the President and he better be damn well prepared to answer about a Rittenhouse acquittal when the writing for that was on the wall.

He's not alone in prominent Democrats giving terrible takes on this situation. Eric Salwell is calling for marches to the ballot box. Chris Hayes is waxing eloquent on his hope for Rittenhouse's future.

It's the fucking obtuseness among Democratic leadership about white supremacy, which this case exemplifies. The remarks about property - this is exactly what Rittenhouse used to justify his presence at a march that he had no business being at because he's a white supremacist. He was there to defend property. At some point, Americans have just accepted that property has more rights than black bodies.

So fuck Biden for reinforcing damage against property in his remarks that were supposed to be unifying.

RIP to Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber.

Anyways for a sane take read this: https://www.naacpldf.org/press-release/ldf-issues-statement-on-the-acquittal-of-kyle-rittenhouse/

"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #281 on: November 19, 2021, 09:13:22 pm »
Kindly educate me which part of what I said wasn't accurate.
Don't bother mate. It's going to be a circular argument. Infuriatingly that POS is free and the victims are being blamed. It's the white male  card in America that never gets tired of being played. They're never the problem only the victims of the their own actions.

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #282 on: November 19, 2021, 09:14:43 pm »

I'm genuinely aghast at these sort of conclusions.

You're essentially saying that you should have the right to wander round the streets with a loaded gun, provocatively pointing it unarmed civilians, and then, when they take issue with that, you be allowed to shoot them dead and claim self defence.
I’m not ‘essentially’ saying anything other than that I watched the raw footage and it looks like self-defence.  He’s running away from guys, the first shooting happens as it looks like he’s about to be attacked; the second and third happen as he’s running away from guys and is actually attacked.  He hadn’t himself been attacking anyone before then, and (as I understand it) in Wisconsin being armed is not a prohibition to pleading self-defence, it looks to me like he was pretty clearly not guilty.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 19, 2021, 09:14:52 pm »
What part? The part where he says that you have to abide by the decision because that's how the justice system has always worked?

He said a bunch of other shit, too.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2021, 09:15:31 pm »
Too bad the people he murdered won't get their lives back, but fuck em hey?

Wasn't the Joseph fella a convicted child rapist?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2021, 09:16:38 pm »
so if you go into someones house waving an assault rifle around and they get up and try to hit it out of your hands with some object they have lying about. you can shoot them and its self defense?

why the fuck is he there in the first place with an assault rifle pointing it at protestors and what do people expect to happen after charleston? people will see an active shooter/ threat and try to protect themselves before they can do more damage. you cant claim self defense when you are the aggressor

the police should have stopped him roaming around before any of this happened. rather than handing out cookies and drinks to neo-nazis and patting them on the back.

this and the insurrection shows there are entirely different legal systems and law enforcement depending on the colour of peoples skin

Bang on.

I struggle to comprehend apologists for Rittenhouse. Maybe they share political opinion.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Antifa burn Kenosha to the ground. A cesspit.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2021, 09:18:41 pm »
Like it or not, Conocinico is correct.

Had Rittenhouse been overpowered, he was a dead man.

And I would have cheered.
Kill the humourless

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2021, 09:19:09 pm »
Wasn't the Joseph fella a convicted child rapist?

Yes, five counts in Arizona during the early 00s in his adolescene also confirmed by verifiable non-right wing fact-checkers Snopes.

Somehow there needs to be redemption so I can't wish harm on him that many years later, but I'm not sure the men nowadays in my age who were assaulted by him will agree with that assessment.

His criminal past is irrelevant to this particular case's legal analysis anyway as much as it colours my view on who he was.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 09:20:58 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2021, 09:19:52 pm »
I’m not ‘essentially’ saying anything other than that I watched the raw footage and it looks like self-defence.  He’s running away from guys, the first shooting happens as it looks like he’s about to be attacked; the second and third happen as he’s running away from guys and is actually attacked.  He hadn’t himself been attacking anyone before then, and (as I understand it) in Wisconsin being armed is not a prohibition to pleading self-defence, it looks to me like he was pretty clearly not guilty.

He's a psycho gun fetishist wandering round with a loaded semi-automatic gun. What do you want people to do? Give him a cheery wave.

Maybe some psycho should wander into a school and wait before some teachers or kids confront them, then open fire. Could then claim self defence.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2021, 09:20:05 pm »
Child rapist is a child rapist, so who gives a fuck really.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2021, 09:20:12 pm »

If that had have happened, would it have been self defence too seeing that he was the only one armed to the tits with military grade weaponry? Wasn't exactly a fair fight.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2021, 09:22:20 pm »
We’re not having the same argument at all then.  I’ll leave you to yours.

Offline Spezialo

• Kopite
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2021, 09:22:22 pm »
The fella he shot in the arm, was also armed wasn't he?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2021, 09:23:05 pm »
The fella he shot in the arm, was also armed wasn't he?
yep, and was shot whilst pointing the gun at his head.

A gun shot was fired from another rioter seconds before all this happened as well.

If you place yourself there, you hear a gun shot, someone has just hit you in the head with a weapon, someone is coming towards you with a wooden pole, another tried to kick your head in, another is pointing a gun at your head…it was always going to end up with death.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 09:26:16 pm by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2021, 09:24:10 pm »
If that had have happened, would it have been self defence too seeing that he was the only one armed to the tits with military grade weaponry? Wasn't exactly a fair fight.

Self defence? Depends what colour they are as to whether that would have applied, but for me that’s the nightmare scenario. Sooner or later a black man is going to end up killing one of these fuckers and then it’s really going to get ugly.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #295 on: November 19, 2021, 09:26:01 pm »
so if you go into someones house waving an assault rifle around and they get up and try to hit it out of your hands with some object they have lying about. you can shoot them and its self defense?

why the fuck is he there in the first place with an assault rifle pointing it at protestors and what do people expect to happen after charleston? people will see an active shooter/ threat and try to protect themselves before they can do more damage. you cant claim self defense when you are the aggressor

the police should have stopped him roaming around before any of this happened. rather than handing out cookies and drinks to neo-nazis and patting them on the back.

this and the insurrection shows there are entirely different legal systems and law enforcement depending on the colour of peoples skin

Precisely.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: November 19, 2021, 09:28:56 pm »
White supremacist murderer will get his comeuppance.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 19, 2021, 09:30:00 pm »
Self defence? Depends what colour they are as to whether that would have applied, but for me that’s the nightmare scenario. Sooner or later a black man is going to end up killing one of these fuckers and then it’s really going to get ugly.
But then they could just casually stroll past the cops with arms up, and they wouldn't be touched knowing they could claim self defence and get off with it.

Or would they? They might not get past the first bit.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 19, 2021, 09:36:46 pm »

A gun shot was fired from another rioter seconds before all this happened as well.

If you place yourself there, you hear a gun shot, someone has just hit you in the head with a weapon, someone is coming towards you with a wooden pole, another tried to kick your head in, another is pointing a gun at your head…it was always going to end up with death.

You say rioter,why were they there again ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 19, 2021, 09:41:57 pm »
You say rioter,why were they there again ?
To cause shit? Not all people where rioters of course , legitimate protesters don’t damage buildings, put cars on fire, destroy small businesses. And try to kill/ beat up people.

Have you seen the 3 people who got shot?( a pedo and a wife beater) They Don’t exactly come across as people who are for peace and social justice and peaceful protest. That being said, clearly they didn’t deserve to get shot for causing damage to property.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2021, 09:51:42 pm »
You were asked to post the video.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2021, 09:53:22 pm »
Kindly educate me which part of what I said wasn't accurate.

I just did.

OK I'll try to explain more clearly. The prosecution changed tack halfway through the trial and tried to argue that a video they had received after the trial started showed Kyle Rittenhouse pointing a gun at Ziminsky and this is what set off Rosenbaum into attacking Kyle. The prosecution had an expert "enhance" a still image from this drone footage and this was what their case relied on.

There were serious questions though whether this evidence should even have been admitted. As I stated the defence never got to see the hi-definition version of this footage as the prosecution sent them a file that was 3 times smaller than the original and so throughout the whole of the proceedings they didn't have a defence to argue what the footage showed as in their version, Rittenhouse was a 10-pixel blur.

They did argue to the judge that the enhanced image shouldn't be admitted into evidence as the AI adds pixels when zooming and the pixels are only a best guess by the specific algorithm of the software. The prosecution denied this to the judge. The judge sided with the prosecution.  It turns out that the software manufacturers themselves say the software shouldn't be used as evidence as it is unreliable, and this is because the AI does indeed add pixels.

After closing statements, the jury wanted to have a version of the hi-def video to view. Now in Wisconsin, precedent is that video evidence should only be viewed once by the jury however the judge thought this was a silly and outdated rule and thought they should see video evidence as often and for as long as they wanted. This was the prosecution's favourable outcome obviously and the defence argued against it. The prosecution made the case that the video needed to be seen by the jury as it showed provocation by Kyle in pointing the gun. So the judge watched the hi-def version. It was only then that it became clear that the prosecution's version and the defence's were different. I think that's called a Brady violation, a reason you could argue to call a mistrial with prejudice. I believe this was also the time at which the defence argued that if the manufactured image showed what the prosecution alleged it did, it would have Kyle pointing the gun left-handed. Again the prosecution lied to the judge, telling him that there is no handedness with a gun. The judge watched the video, accepted the prosecution's arguments and allowed the video to be watched at the jury's discretion and allowed in the enhanced images.

So the jury saw all this doctored evidence and still decided that Kyle didn't point his gun at Ziminsky. Firstly the Ziminsky's were off screen so if he did point a gun it wasn't clear who at. Secondly the image was extremely unclear and didn't make much sense. Rosenbaum was acting violent all night, he had told Kyle he would kill him if he got him alone that night as testified by one witness and from the video footage it looked like Rosenbaum rushed to the car lot when he saw Kyle was alone and hid by some cars looking to ambush him.

To add to this Ziminsky was stopped from testifying by the same prosecutors as they delayed his trial for arson until January. Remember he would have been a great witness for the prosecution if their case was true.

The jury saw all this evidence, even though the prosecution's evidence shouldn't have been admitted but still came to the conclusion that Rittenhouse wasn't provoking, instead he was there to put out fires and give first aid but was attacked by a mental patient who raped five 9-11 year old boys and was violent and suicidal.

Kyle ran away from Rosenbaum, turned when he panicked and pointed his gun at Rosenbaum hoping to warn him. Rosenbaum continued his chase so Kyle shot him only when Rosenbaum was close enough to get his hand on Kyle's gun. Incidentally making Rosenbaum armed under US law. He also shot him four times, rather than 2.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 10:13:07 pm by Conocinico »
This sentence is not provable

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 19, 2021, 09:55:46 pm »
this is one of the videos shown at the trial

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 19, 2021, 09:56:03 pm »

Why haven't you seen it?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2021, 09:58:29 pm »

There's no perspective to that though Jam, in any other City he'd have took a beating up where in most circumstances people live, his actions caused nothing but death.

There's a lot going on tonight so sorry for not reading everything so far, including your reply Mimi, I will do.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2021, 09:59:47 pm »

there would have been an easy way for him not to have had to make that decision - not go there in the first sodding place.

This is what gets me about all this, not that he got off, that was going to happen because of the evidence, it’s the fact so many are absolutely fine with this nasty little scrotebag going to a town he didn’t need to be in on a night that he didn't need to be there, with a loaded gun. 

His parent(s) need taking to task, what a horrendous way to bring up a child.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2021, 10:01:03 pm »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2021, 10:04:44 pm »
There's no perspective to that though Jam, in any other City he'd have took a beating up where in most circumstances people live, his actions caused nothing but death.
Life in a gun society.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: November 19, 2021, 10:05:08 pm »
What a mess of a country. Division and hate been sown on both sides championed by the Fox and MSNBC's of this world.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #309 on: November 19, 2021, 10:07:34 pm »
Agree with everything but this, I believe without his gun he would be dead but that's maybe too much of a hot topic to go into, this case is emotive enough already.

He wouldn't have been there without his gun though would he, marching around like a toy soldier, but armed with a machine gun.

And more evidence that America is a broken society.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 19, 2021, 10:07:46 pm »
What a mess of a country. Division and hate been sown on both sides championed by the Fox and MSNBC's of this world.

It's not for everyone, but better than most.
Kill the humourless

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2021, 10:10:15 pm »
He wouldn't have been there without his gun though would he, marching around like a toy soldier, but armed with a machine gun.

Thankfully not.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2021, 10:11:51 pm »
Agree with everything but this, I believe without his gun he would be dead but that's maybe too much of a hot topic to go into, this case is emotive enough already.

Without his gun he probably wouldn't have been a target either. The only people shot that night were by him. He was expecting trouble and knowingly arrived thinking he may put himself in a position to use it and that's exactly what transpired. Justice my arse.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2021, 10:12:48 pm »
I'm not sure MSNBC can be compared with anything Fox's lieing propaganda produce on a regular basis.

Have you got a few examples men?

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2021, 10:18:14 pm »
Without his gun he probably wouldn't have been a target either. The only people shot that night were by him. He was expecting trouble and knowingly arrived thinking he may put himself in a position to use it and that's exactly what transpired. Justice my arse.

No, he didn't provoke anybody that night. IMO the most provocative thing he did was when he was standing with an associate and someone called out "Fuck you!" and he replied "Love you too, ma'am". He was told by the man he was with, not to do that again, it was best not to respond as it can provoke a response.

Seriously, that was it.

He was there protecting his community, cleaning graffiti, putting out fires and protecting businesses from arson attacks.

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2021, 10:21:27 pm »
No, he didn't provoke anybody that night. IMO the most provocative thing he did was when he was standing with an associate and someone called out "Fuck you!" and he replied "Love you too, ma'am". He was told by the man he was with, not to do that again, it was best not to respond as it can provoke a response.

Seriously, that was it.

He was there protecting his community, cleaning graffiti, putting out fires and protecting businesses from arson attacks.

Do you support Liverpool?

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2021, 10:22:15 pm »

Seriously, that was it.

So arriving at a scene with a semi automatic rifle isn't provocative? It's not his community either for the record.

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #317 on: November 19, 2021, 10:22:25 pm »

Seriously, that was it.

Turned up with a machine gun, but didn't provoke anyone.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2021, 10:23:34 pm »

Seriously, that was it.

He didn't live in Kenosha. How can that be 'his community'?

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2021, 10:24:00 pm »
Luckily he didn't wear a short skirt either. What's wrong with some of you?