Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1233810 times)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #10440 on: September 24, 2020, 03:14:53 pm »
The new Criminal is in Netflix, remember where they went around Europe for the last series,all in Police station interviews?. I've only seen Ep1 of S2, but it was good, might all be in the UK.
I've watched the first three of the new series.

This is the sort of thing where just the fact that you watch a whole episode tells you it's good. Reason being that if you do the single location thing poorly, it'll bore people to death within minutes.

I think the casting for those being questioned is one of its strengths. Kit Harrington gives a really good performance in his episode.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10441 on: September 24, 2020, 07:19:46 pm »
Anyone seen Kingdom? Not the Korean Zombie show, I'm talking about the MMA related one. Bout half way through season 1 and really enjoying, probably helps that I'm a maasive MMA fan too.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #10442 on: September 24, 2020, 07:25:28 pm »
Watching Travels With My Father, the Jack Whitehall and his dad series, on Netflix.  It's funny, I'm enjoying it.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10443 on: September 24, 2020, 08:03:35 pm »
'Us' on BBC was excellent I thought. Based on the novel by David Nichols which is also great. Lovely tone to it and superb acting performances.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10444 on: September 24, 2020, 09:31:29 pm »
2 episodes into Ted Lasso and whilst it is cheesy, I can see the potential to get better.

Up to episode 7 and it hasn’t half crept up on me. Some really great character development and Ted Lasso is very likeable.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10445 on: September 24, 2020, 10:43:33 pm »
Anyone seen Kingdom? Not the Korean Zombie show, I'm talking about the MMA related one. Bout half way through season 1 and really enjoying, probably helps that I'm a maasive MMA fan too.

One of my favorites too.

Man Kingdom, Banshee and Ted Lasso getting love on one page? What a wonderful gift.

Up to episode 7 and it hasn’t half crept up on me. Some really great character development and Ted Lasso is very likeable.

Apart from The Ev having a red changing room it's pretty great!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10446 on: September 24, 2020, 10:49:33 pm »
One of my favorites too.

Man Kingdom, Banshee and Ted Lasso getting love on one page? What a wonderful gift.

Apart from The Ev having a red changing room it's pretty great!

Yeah the red changing room threw me off! They even get beat in tv shows, though  ;D

The owner of the club is hot as fuck by the way!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #10447 on: September 25, 2020, 11:26:09 am »

Yeah the red changing room threw me off! They even get beat in tv shows, though  ;D

The owner of the club is hot as fuck by the way!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #10448 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:29 am »
Anyone watch Des, 3 parter on ITV recently about Dennis Nilsen. Was a well done piece of drama for me and David Tennant was excellent.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10449 on: September 25, 2020, 03:08:00 pm »

Is that her?! She's obviously all glammed up for Ted Lasso!

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10450 on: September 25, 2020, 03:11:32 pm »
Anyone watch Des, 3 parter on ITV recently about Dennis Nilsen. Was a well done piece of drama for me and David Tennant was excellent.

David Tennant was superb, but I already knew everything about the case so it didn't really do much for me.  Really well made though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10451 on: September 25, 2020, 06:23:34 pm »
Is that her?! She's obviously all glammed up for Ted Lasso!

She always looked nice on talking thrones,she's a funny lady.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10452 on: September 25, 2020, 07:55:15 pm »
The new Criminal is in Netflix, remember where they went around Europe for the last series,all in Police station interviews?. I've only seen Ep1 of S2, but it was good, might all be in the UK.

It's decent yeah.

Every solicitor on it appears to be fresh out of polytechnic though.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10453 on: September 27, 2020, 10:29:15 am »
THE COMEY RULE
https://www.sho.com/the-comey-rule

This airs tonight and tomorrow in the USA but not until Wednesday in the UK. How do I watch it here on Tuesday night folks?

Really looking forward to it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10454 on: September 27, 2020, 01:42:00 pm »
THE COMEY RULE

This airs tonight and tomorrow in the USA but not until Wednesday in the UK. How do I watch it here on Tuesday night folks?

CinemaHD,Cyberflix or Catmouse are decent

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #10455 on: September 27, 2020, 01:52:11 pm »
CinemaHD,Cyberflix or Catmouse are decent

Yes that what I use I have them installed on my firestick

Also, with BeeTV and TeaTV
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10456 on: September 27, 2020, 02:21:42 pm »
Yes that what I use I have them installed on my firestick

Also, with BeeTV and TeaTV

I mainly use CHD linked to RD as their scrapers are much better & bring back loads more HD and UHD,you need to know what you're looking for though as it doesn't have a recently updated section or the ability to turn off non-english.That's no big deal though because you can nip into flix or mouse to check,I would use them all the time if they sorted their scrapers out.

If I'm watching an older show then I usually use the VOD sections on my IPTVs'.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #10457 on: September 27, 2020, 02:38:42 pm »
I mainly use CHD linked to RD as their scrapers are much better & bring back loads more HD and UHD,you need to know what you're looking for though as it doesn't have a recently updated section or the ability to turn off non-english.That's no big deal though because you can nip into flix or mouse to check,I would use them all the time if they sorted their scrapers out.

If I'm watching an older show then I usually use the VOD sections on my IPTVs'.

I link mine to Trackt.tv its easy to find stuff on the website, so I add films to my watchlist so it disappears after I watch it and TV shows to collections and when you start something like BeeTV they are on the watchlist and collection sections ready to watch

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10458 on: September 27, 2020, 02:43:29 pm »
Yeah but no,the fewer places with your details the better & that's especially the case with streaming.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10459 on: September 27, 2020, 04:04:32 pm »
Ta guys, my firestick and android box are well out of date. Is it something I can get through the playstation?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10460 on: September 27, 2020, 05:46:44 pm »
Ta guys, my firestick and android box are well out of date. Is it something I can get through the playstation?

Not sure about getting it through PS,check your dms

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10461 on: September 27, 2020, 05:58:42 pm »
THE COMEY RULE

Have been using Stremio for a while now. Quite good.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10462 on: September 27, 2020, 07:04:58 pm »
Thanks guys.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #10463 on: September 27, 2020, 07:59:56 pm »

I have an old Fire stick it still works well just checkout videos on YouTube lots of step by step guides to how to install things like BeeTV on a firestick

Thinking about it check out putting APKtime onto your firestick you can then downoad everything from that its a great program.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:27:23 pm by Trada »

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10464 on: September 28, 2020, 10:23:18 am »
Just flew through the two seasons of Succession in record time. Absolutely loved it from start to finish. So many brilliant performances, including Nicholas Braun with (up to now) one of my favourite ever characters on a TV show.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #10465 on: September 29, 2020, 11:10:13 am »
I am usually a fan of cynical comedy. The grittier the better. However, I make an exception for one series because it is just daft and frankly I find it funny. Ghosts. If you want 30 minutes of silliness and something without cynicism then give it a go.

Same people that do Horrible Histories which my stepson and daughter watched as kids - and which I loved as well I will admit.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10466 on: September 30, 2020, 08:13:12 am »
Have many people watched Mr In between?
I blitzed both series. Lead actor is great as is the kid who plays his daughter.

Watched this series after seeing your post - Absolutely brilliant series ! It's a hard watch at times but so addictive . The cast is top notch too , not a single weak character .I see it was based on the fillum ' The Magician ' so will have to give that a watch.

Looking forward to the new series !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10467 on: October 1, 2020, 02:25:24 pm »
Just flew through the two seasons of Succession in record time. Absolutely loved it from start to finish. So many brilliant performances, including Nicholas Braun with (up to now) one of my favourite ever characters on a TV show.

Just finished season 1 last night. Brilliant TV. Brutal last episode that I had no idea was coming from the previous one.

Shiv is my new actress crush, what a woman.

Roman's brilliant, Greg's brilliant - the whole cast is to be honest.

They did a great job making me change how I felt about characters as the season developed. Really disliked Tom at the beginning and most of middle - and let's be honest, he's still a bit of a dick, but found myself rooting for him during the last episode when he
Spoiler
got Nate to fill up the wine and fuck off after the post wedding matrimonial bedroom scene
[close]

Genuinely laugh out loud moments galore as well - usually Roman.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #10468 on: October 2, 2020, 08:57:20 am »
Watched the finale of Raised by wolves last night really enjoyed it and glad they are making a 2nd series

They went for a WTF finale and I will have to rewatch that episode again to get my head around everything that happen and especially those final 10 minutes.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #10469 on: October 2, 2020, 10:28:11 am »
Barry is absolutely brilliant and I couldn't recommend it more.  There hasn't been a show recently that combined comedy and drama and action as well as this. Bill Hader (who I never really got before) basically co-wrote and directed and stars in it. Henry Winkler does his best work since Barry Zuckerkorn in it as Bill's acting teacher. And it's got the peerless Stephen Root too. Just wait until NoHo Hank appears too...

This is indeed, boss.  :thumbup
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10470 on: October 2, 2020, 10:34:07 am »
Watched the finale of Raised by wolves last night really enjoyed it and glad they are making a 2nd series

They went for a WTF finale and I will have to rewatch that episode again to get my head around everything that happen and especially those final 10 minutes.
Season 2 cannot come quick enough, the last few minutes like you said, amazing additions going forward for the next season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10471 on: October 2, 2020, 05:54:41 pm »
Great last episode of Ted Lasso. A rendition of YNWA by Marcus Mumford as well.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10472 on: October 2, 2020, 09:53:14 pm »
Great last episode of Ted Lasso. A rendition of YNWA by Marcus Mumford as well.

Yep loved it. I grew to love the show after a couple of episodes, it’s so heartwarming at times.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10473 on: October 3, 2020, 10:25:08 am »
All episodes of Brave New world are on Sky at the moment. Thought I'd give it a try but it's been years since I read the book.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #10474 on: October 3, 2020, 10:57:33 am »
All episodes of Brave New world are on Sky at the moment. Thought I'd give it a try but it's been years since I read the book.

I watched it last month. It’s borderline a soft porn show  ;D.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10475 on: October 3, 2020, 05:58:01 pm »
I watched it last month. It’s borderline a soft porn show  ;D.

You're not wrong  :) Am halfway through, not entirely sure what's going on, but I can say that about a lot of things as I get older.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10476 on: October 4, 2020, 09:23:18 am »
"American Murder: The Family Next Door" on Netflix. A very tough watch in parts but compelling viewing.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10477 on: October 4, 2020, 09:47:34 am »
"American Murder: The Family Next Door" on Netflix. A very tough watch in parts but compelling viewing.

I watched it and at first thought the title referred to the next door neighbour with the CCTV being the killer.

An inexplicable tragedy for a seemingly very normal family.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10478 on: October 4, 2020, 10:22:12 am »
'Life' on BBC was excellent. Set in the world of Dr Foster.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #10479 on: October 5, 2020, 05:43:11 pm »
I am usually a fan of cynical comedy. The grittier the better. However, I make an exception for one series because it is just daft and frankly I find it funny. Ghosts. If you want 30 minutes of silliness and something without cynicism then give it a go.

Same people that do Horrible Histories which my stepson and daughter watched as kids - and which I loved as well I will admit.

Agreed. Great family fun. As is Yonderland which the same cast did.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain