Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123589 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32200 on: June 22, 2022, 04:19:55 pm »
Has there been any noise about this from Dortmund's end? With Sancho, they always said pay the price and he's yours, but I haven't seen anything as explicit as that.

I would imagine we're at least trying to lay the groundwork for him.

I don’t think their sporting director Seb Kehl has said anything specific for about 6 months, when he just reiterated that he had no release clause, and is contracted till 2025, and would’t be going anywhere this year.

Bellingham said in an interview at the end of the season about next season "I will be here next season and I will be ready.”  He also talked about how he relishes being a leader at Dortmund.

Get the feeling he’s happy to stick around another season and develop that role before moving.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32201 on: June 22, 2022, 04:25:33 pm »
Why do the Echo need to mention this at all.

Because they need someone to replace Mbappe when it comes to generating clicks for the website.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #32202 on: June 22, 2022, 04:26:03 pm »
I take it to mean if anyone else bids then we'll be "forced into action"
Time for Spurs to give us a hand

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #32203 on: June 22, 2022, 04:28:01 pm »
Time for Spurs to give us a hand

Levy with a confident final bid of $60 million should get the ball rolling!   :D
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32204 on: June 22, 2022, 04:31:03 pm »
Because they need someone to replace Mbappe when it comes to generating clicks for the website.

Pretty much this. Journalists create drama then when we don't get them they question why everyone is now dissapointed and should trust the club etc. Which is fine. But due to their need for clicks it makes people believe we're really in for these players.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32205 on: June 22, 2022, 04:31:51 pm »
With Taki,Origi & Sadio now gone  (30 + goals). Hope the new incoming players mainly nunez can cover the majority of the goals we need.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32206 on: June 22, 2022, 04:37:57 pm »
We must be saving £10m (net) a year or so on wages.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32207 on: June 22, 2022, 04:42:57 pm »
Pretty much this. Journalists create drama then when we don't get them they question why everyone is now dissapointed and should trust the club etc. Which is fine. But due to their need for clicks it makes people believe we're really in for these players.

I don't regularly listen to football podcasts but I remember listening to one of the Echo's ones last summer after it was confirmed we wouldn't be signing anyone after Konate and they had a panel of 3 or 4 contributors and a couple of them were really having a go at fans and their disappointment over not getting players in.

They also took the piss out of fans who they thought were demanding players like Mbappe. Thats fine if thats your opinion as I did the same, but their employer constantly put out transfer stories and constantly kept bringing up Mbappe's name, including pieces about how it would make financial sense for us to buy him.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #32208 on: June 22, 2022, 04:44:18 pm »
With Taki,Origi & Sadio now gone  (30 + goals). Hope the new incoming players mainly nunez can cover the majority of the goals we need.
I doubt we will get as far in the domestic cups this season, so Mane's output is the main concern. Nunez will do well to get 15-20 goals in the league and CL.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #32209 on: June 22, 2022, 04:45:20 pm »
The Bellingham saga has just started, and I’m already bored by it.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32210 on: June 22, 2022, 04:46:47 pm »

Well, Nunez and Carvalho have scored 45 goals this season, so it shouldn't be a problem ...

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #32211 on: June 22, 2022, 04:52:11 pm »
I doubt we will get as far in the domestic cups this season, so Mane's output is the main concern. Nunez will do well to get 15-20 goals in the league and CL.
I don’t know, Nunez is more of an out an out goal scorer than we’ve had in a long while, and although it could take time for him to settle and become prolific I won’t be that surprised to see him banging in a a similar level to Salah. I don’t think we’ll struggle for goals this season
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #32212 on: June 22, 2022, 04:53:19 pm »
Well, Nunez and Carvalho have scored 45 goals this season, so it shouldn't be a problem ...

And a pre season Diaz should improve his goal tally.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32213 on: June 22, 2022, 04:59:14 pm »
I don’t know, Nunez is more of an out an out goal scorer than we’ve had in a long while, and although it could take time for him to settle and become prolific I won’t be that surprised to see him banging in a a similar level to Salah. I don’t think we’ll struggle for goals this season
I hope you’re right. Just depends on how quickly we bring into the first team and how much we rotate him with Jota.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32214 on: June 22, 2022, 05:03:38 pm »
The Bellingham saga has just started, and I’m already bored by it.

It's going to be an astronomical saga! Carl Sagan would be proud.

Not be confused with astronomia - as that would just be a dead and buried saga.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #32215 on: June 22, 2022, 05:04:18 pm »
Really interested in seeing how many Nunez gets in his first season and then obviously going forward. The Prem is a step up from Portuguese football no doubt but if he can get multiple chances per game I can see him scoring plenty.

When we signed Salah I thought 15 in the league would be a great starting number and then as we improved he could possibly aim for 20. He scored 32 that season and while nobody would have saw it coming at the start of the season it didn't come as a surprise due to how many chances he'd have.

Goals and how they're spread are a funny one. The season we won the title Salah, Mane and Bobby scored 46 league goals between them, and that was basically the most convincing title win ever in this country. In 2017/18 they scored 57 between them and we scraped into fourth spot about 30 points behind City.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32216 on: June 22, 2022, 05:11:08 pm »
I hope you’re right. Just depends on how quickly we bring into the first team and how much we rotate him with Jota.
Again I’d be surprised if he’s not starting from the first game of the season. Can’t see us signing someone for that amount of money to bring them in gradually. That could obviously depend on how he integrates but I’d imagine the plan is for him to start straight away. I think Jota may well be seen often both on the left and up top rotating with Nunez and Diaz, but who knows. I’m really looking forward to seeing this years team

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32217 on: June 22, 2022, 06:27:38 pm »
They were promoted last season to Poland's first division, and finished 7th. I don't know who owns them, but definitely an ambitious club ...
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%82awomir_Stempniewski found their owner

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32218 on: June 22, 2022, 06:45:59 pm »
Apparently Sterling's first choice is to come back to us.  ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32219 on: June 22, 2022, 06:48:57 pm »
For the clicks?

People will do anything for clicks nowadays. There's too many clicks on the dancefloor.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32220 on: June 22, 2022, 06:50:54 pm »

From purely a footballing perspective, I'd take him :-X

Wages probably wouldn't make sense for us though and his history with us might be, uh, challenging for some.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #32221 on: June 22, 2022, 06:58:23 pm »

No Tks

Had his 30 pieces of Silver

Actually surprised not sitting out his last year of his contract
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:05:18 pm by rocco »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32222 on: June 22, 2022, 06:58:52 pm »
Source?

(Braces)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32223 on: June 22, 2022, 06:59:10 pm »

Carvalho! I know it was the Championship but he looks like he's capable of getting a few for us this season. It's always the great unknown for a 19 year old coming in from an inferior league but I'm really hoping we get to see him this season, at least as a serious back for our front players.

In terms of goals, the majority of Origi's and Minamino's came in the League Cup and FA Cup and without those goals, might not go as far this year. Or maybe internal promotions from the youth teams will cover those goals, with players like Kaide Gordon - who knows. It's exciting to find out!

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32224 on: June 22, 2022, 07:09:04 pm »
Source?

(Braces)
Can Braces be trusted?

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves.
« Reply #32225 on: June 22, 2022, 07:09:33 pm »

Indeed. Carvalho's ability to assist and score goals makes him an important member of the squad right away. Very likely that his versatility (RW/LW/#10, even #8?), means he's likely to be in good number of match-day squads?

Like second half of season, it'll be intriguing to see who actually makes it to the bench. 5 subs + early doors busy schedule means many players will get games/minutes.

Still each match-day 20 will be interesting. Example if we start games with 433 shape (which could change to 424, depending on the in-game situation)

Alisson

TAA   Konate  VVD   Robertson

Fabinho

Keita                Thiago

Salah      Nunez        Diaz

Subs: Kelleher (gk), Matip (cb), Gomez (rb), Tsimikas (lb), Henderson (dcm), Elliot (cm), Milner (cm), Firmino (fwd), Jota (fwd)

Not in match-day 20: Jones, Carvalho, Ramsay, Milner, Ox (?)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32226 on: June 22, 2022, 07:11:42 pm »
Can Braces be trusted?
My kids had them for years, they were alright.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32227 on: June 22, 2022, 07:12:52 pm »
He's as prolific in front of goal as Mane, so a straightforward replacement. ;D

(Meh)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #32228 on: June 22, 2022, 07:15:26 pm »
No Tks

Had his 30 pieces of Silver

I’ll never really get this … I get being pissed off with how his agent behaved but he left for a better team and to earn double the money he got here.
Plenty of our players have done similar but few seem to get the level of condemnation he does

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32229 on: June 22, 2022, 07:19:51 pm »
No.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #32230 on: June 22, 2022, 07:27:17 pm »
Sterling huh....hmmmm do we need someone who'll repeatedly put it over the crossbar from a yard out?

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32231 on: June 22, 2022, 07:27:52 pm »
I'd take him. I would prefer Gnabry though.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #32232 on: June 22, 2022, 07:32:45 pm »
I'd take him, if £25-£30m is the asking price, it's a no brainer, assuming he didn't get too greedy salary wise, I highly doubt City would sell him to us though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32233 on: June 22, 2022, 07:36:38 pm »
Hard no on Sterling for me, the memory of how he behaved on the way out is still fresh. He's the opposite of the kind of personality I'd want in the dressing room, and that's before we get on to the issues in his play. Celsea's a perfect fit for him.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32234 on: June 22, 2022, 07:44:17 pm »
Can Braces be trusted?

Dude never ever belts up

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32235 on: June 22, 2022, 07:45:21 pm »
He can fuck off.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32236 on: June 22, 2022, 07:54:14 pm »
No problem with Sterling coming back if Klopp wants him.

Big 'if', though...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #32237 on: June 22, 2022, 07:57:22 pm »
What's the source for this Sterling stuff?  His best position is left wing and he's not getting games ahead of Diaz or Jota there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #32238 on: June 22, 2022, 08:06:27 pm »
What's the source for this Sterling stuff?  His best position is left wing and he's not getting games ahead of Diaz or Jota there.
Samie.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #32239 on: June 22, 2022, 08:06:58 pm »
Samie.

Could've been worse I guess.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.