Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123305 times)

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32400 on: June 23, 2022, 02:03:17 pm »
Does he need to be prodominantly left footed? Gnabry for example seems right footed but can come infield and go on the outside.

I guess thats why Dembele is still such an attractive option. Too bad he is a bit of a twat and made of Quavers.

Yeah, I'm not sure myself. Certainly get the appeal of a lefty, but as Jack says it's a short short list. I'm sure there's a few more but off the top of my head there's Antony, Bowen, Saka, Raphinha... and there's issues with all of them. Certainly none of them - yet - seem to have the rare combination of technique and speed which Salah also manages to add ridiculous output to. Diaby could be another? But it looks like he plays more off the left, so there'd have to be a bit of a conversion to make him a proper wide forward in our system.

Like I'd much rather just buy Gnabry to play there than buy an inferior player just because they're left-footed, but it's a nice point of difference to have within the squad.

Oh, I'd watch out for Michael Olise too. Still don't think it's a coincidence that Klopp said he turned off the Palace-City game at the exact minute Olise was subbed off - suggested he was someone we were taking a close look at.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:09:54 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32401 on: June 23, 2022, 02:19:12 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure myself. Certainly get the appeal of a lefty, but as Jack says it's a short short list. I'm sure there's a few more but off the top of my head there's Antony, Bowen, Saka, Raphinha... and there's issues with all of them. Certainly none of them - yet - seem to have the rare combination of technique and speed which Salah also manages to add ridiculous output to. Diaby could be another? But it looks like he plays more off the left, so there'd have to be a bit of a conversion to make him a proper wide forward in our system.

Like I'd much rather just buy Gnabry to play there than buy an inferior player just because they're left-footed, but it's a nice point of difference to have within the squad.

Oh, I'd watch out for Michael Olise too. Still don't think it's a coincidence that Klopp said he turned off the Palace-City game at the exact minute Olise was subbed off - suggested he was someone we were taking a close look at.

Think having a good mix of left and right footers is good, but certainly not essential. Before Salah, we didn't have a left footer coming in from the right from recent memory. When Mane was in that spot prior to Salah he scored some of his best goals cutting in from the right.

This season, I think we may see more of Diaz being tested out from that flank. He has fairly similar qualities to Mane when he first joined us, there's no reason why in my opinion that he can't make that transition on days when Salah isn't playing.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32402 on: June 23, 2022, 02:38:45 pm »
Does he need to be prodominantly left footed? Gnabry for example seems right footed but can come infield and go on the outside.

I guess thats why Dembele is still such an attractive option. Too bad he is a bit of a twat and made of Quavers.
I think it's helpful as it makes shooting easier and opens up passing options better if the player is cutting in and so gives you that option. But given we have Trent and say Elliott already doing a lot of the playmaking in the positions a wide forward would cut in from and you'd expect Diaz/Jota/Carvalho/Nunez to be taking a lot of the goal scoring burden going forward from the centre and left side I don't think it's essential. Would just expect they'd be asked to keep the width and look for cutbacks from the byline more than a left footed player would there.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32403 on: June 23, 2022, 02:48:50 pm »
Olise is a good shout. I forgot that Klopp said that. I wonder how much Palace would want for him?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32404 on: June 23, 2022, 02:48:56 pm »
I think it's helpful as it makes shooting easier and opens up passing options better if the player is cutting in and so gives you that option. But given we have Trent and say Elliott already doing a lot of the playmaking in the positions a wide forward would cut in from and you'd expect Diaz/Jota/Carvalho/Nunez to be taking a lot of the goal scoring burden going forward from the centre and left side I don't think it's essential. Would just expect they'd be asked to keep the width and look for cutbacks from the byline more than a left footed player would there.

It does have its positives for sure and its why Gnabry (mentioned him a number of times I know) is so attractive as he has scored a number of great goals on his left and right foot.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32405 on: June 23, 2022, 02:57:04 pm »
Think having a good mix of left and right footers is good, but certainly not essential. Before Salah, we didn't have a left footer coming in from the right from recent memory. When Mane was in that spot prior to Salah he scored some of his best goals cutting in from the right.

This season, I think we may see more of Diaz being tested out from that flank. He has fairly similar qualities to Mane when he first joined us, there's no reason why in my opinion that he can't make that transition on days when Salah isn't playing.

Olise is a very good shout. Looks so smooth with the ball. Very skillful player indeed.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32406 on: June 23, 2022, 03:02:26 pm »
I've been banging the Olise drum for some months now, but the idea of our interest was a 2+2 - Jurgen may have simply decided it was time to go have his tea.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32407 on: June 23, 2022, 03:03:27 pm »
I think it's helpful as it makes shooting easier and opens up passing options better if the player is cutting in and so gives you that option. But given we have Trent and say Elliott already doing a lot of the playmaking in the positions a wide forward would cut in from and you'd expect Diaz/Jota/Carvalho/Nunez to be taking a lot of the goal-scoring burden going forward from the center and left side I don't think it's essential. Would just expect they'd be asked to keep the width and look for cutbacks from the byline more than a left-footed player would there.
Having a left-footer makes the team less predictable because there are simply more options when it comes to passing and shooting.

For example, Salah can cut in on his left and shoot or lay it off to Trent so that he can shoot on his right. Now imagine if Salah were right-footed. It'd be easier for the left-back because both players would side.

And that's just shooting. Gnabry is strong on his left but he is not as comfortable as a left-footed player. He probably can't run with it while using his left to control the ball.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32408 on: June 23, 2022, 03:05:12 pm »
Olise is a very good shout. Looks so smooth with the ball. Very skillful player indeed.

He does look good and he seems to be able to get into the positions to get shots off, which for a young attacker is great. But he is still very raw and we already have Kaide Gordon so not sure if we need him.

He would also be pretty expensive.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32409 on: June 23, 2022, 03:05:19 pm »
I've been banging the Olise drum for some months now, but the idea of our interest was a 2+2 - Jurgen may have simply decided it was time to go have his tea.

He's more of a central player though isn't he?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32410 on: June 23, 2022, 03:10:32 pm »
Telegraph are reporting Nottingham Forrest have bid for Neco. We want £15 for him.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32411 on: June 23, 2022, 03:11:02 pm »
Telegraph are reporting Nottingham Forrest have bid for Neco. We want £15 for him.

Seems a ridiculously low amount.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32412 on: June 23, 2022, 03:12:39 pm »

Id buy him for that and sell him on to a football club for a massive profit.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32413 on: June 23, 2022, 03:13:00 pm »

For Neco Williams…?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #32414 on: June 23, 2022, 03:13:03 pm »
Olise is a good shout. I forgot that Klopp said that. I wonder how much Palace would want for him?

Not sure if the new deal has been signed but the £35m clause was getting lifted to £50m if I recall correctly.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #32415 on: June 23, 2022, 03:13:34 pm »
For Neco Williams…?

He may not be a reincarnation of Dani Alves, but £15 is too low.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32416 on: June 23, 2022, 03:15:27 pm »
Seems about fair to me if I’m honest. Will wait for the final figure he’s sold for and I’m sure the club will insert a nice little sell on clause to make the deal even better for us.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32417 on: June 23, 2022, 03:15:33 pm »
Jurgen Klopp: "I watched the City game for exactly 65 minutes for analysis reasons, believe it or not."

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #32418 on: June 23, 2022, 03:16:55 pm »
Seems about fair to me if I’m honest. Will wait for the final figure he’s sold for and I’m sure the club will insert a nice little sell on clause to make the deal even better for us.

I’d rather something in the millions than just £15 for him.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32419 on: June 23, 2022, 03:20:41 pm »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 03:22:17 pm by HardworkDedication »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32420 on: June 23, 2022, 03:22:49 pm »

Ahhhh :duh

He's a rascal that Craig

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32421 on: June 23, 2022, 03:24:00 pm »

There was talk he had a relatively cheap buy-out clause in his first contract and that Palace were going to give him a new contract this summer with a higher buy-out to protect themselves.

Quote from: David Ornstein in the Athletic in May
A complication for Palace has come to light, though, with multiple reports detailing the existence of a £35 million release clause in the five-year contract Olise signed when joining Vieira’s squad.

The Athletic has learned that Olise wishes to stay and negotiations between his representative and employer over a new deal are already taking place, with an agreement close to being struck.

Although it is thought the proposal would add 12 months to his existing terms, Olise is believed not to be seeking a salary increase. Instead, the purpose is to raise the value of his release clause to a level that would see Palace earn a record fee if his departure is to be sanctioned in the future.

That figure currently stands at £50 million, which Manchester United paid to secure right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka in June 2019, and discussions with Olise are geared towards ensuring any sale would achieve a higher price. If such a scenario unfolds, both parties would stand to benefit.

They have been working to find a compromise on the amended clause and conditions, and once that happens — likely around the end of the campaign — the process should be swiftly finalised.

This kind of creativity, flexibility and forward planning in talks about contracts and acquisitions is said by sources to be a significant factor in making Palace an increasingly attractive proposition.

Quite waffly stuff there from DO.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32422 on: June 23, 2022, 03:40:58 pm »
That makes no sense. Olise wants his buyout clause to go up, he wants to add an extra 12 months and he doesn't want more money? In what way is any of that beneficial for him?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32423 on: June 23, 2022, 03:43:38 pm »

It's obviously complete speculation, but the quote posted above is so precise - he literally said he watched for 'analysis reasons' until the exact minute Olise was subbed off. Obviously could just be a massive coincidence, but equally wouldn't be surprising at all if we were watching him closely. Especially as we were linked with him fairly strongly when he was at Reading.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #32424 on: June 23, 2022, 03:52:42 pm »
It's obviously complete speculation, but the quote posted above is so precise - he literally said he watched for 'analysis reasons' until the exact minute Olise was subbed off. Obviously could just be a massive coincidence, but equally wouldn't be surprising at all if we were watching him closely. Especially as we were linked with him fairly strongly when he was at Reading.

Might be that when the sub happened they changed to a different shape and tactic to their usual one and that's all Klopp wanted to get a proper look at.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #32425 on: June 23, 2022, 03:55:16 pm »
I wonder how many players we are following closey at any time. Probably hundreds

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32426 on: June 23, 2022, 04:19:54 pm »

...would see Palace earn a record fee if his departure is to be sanctioned in the future.

That figure currently stands at £50 million, which Manchester United paid to secure right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka in June 2019

Pure poetry  :lmao
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32427 on: June 23, 2022, 04:21:50 pm »
Taki for £3m a year for next 5 years and now Neco gone for £15!

We need Edwards back  :o.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32428 on: June 23, 2022, 04:23:15 pm »
Jurgen Klopp: "I watched the City game for exactly 65 minutes for analysis reasons, believe it or not."

I know he's only 20 but 2 league goals....not exactly impressive stuff.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32429 on: June 23, 2022, 04:27:35 pm »

We're finally addressing all the complaints about our low net spend over the past few years.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #32430 on: June 23, 2022, 04:29:23 pm »
I know he's only 20 but 2 league goals....not exactly impressive stuff.
And somehow he’ll still cost around 100m., because of “potential” and underlying numbers.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32431 on: June 23, 2022, 04:30:28 pm »
Taki for £3m a year for next 5 years and now Neco gone for £15!

We need Edwards back  :o.

How old were you when you found out that transfers dont happen by one club depositing the exact amount of the transfer fee into the selling clubs bank account? :D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32432 on: June 23, 2022, 04:31:59 pm »
How old were you when you found out that transfers dont happen by one club depositing the exact amount of the transfer fee into the selling clubs bank account? :D

Today years old.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32433 on: June 23, 2022, 04:33:24 pm »
And somehow he’ll still cost around 100m., because of “potential” and underlying numbers.

We have been following Darwin Nunez since his early days at Almeria. It’s not hard to imagine Olise being a Liverpool player a couple of years down the line. Still, will put him in the Sarr / Traore pile for now.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32434 on: June 23, 2022, 04:36:55 pm »

Clinical really is gonna fill his boots if we pay £100 million for someone with a £50 million buy out fee.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #32435 on: June 23, 2022, 04:41:18 pm »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

Official and confirmed. Christopher Nkunku extends his contract with RB Leipzig until June 2026, deal now signed and sealed. 🚨🔒 #Leipzig

There’s a release clause included in the new deal for €60m.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #32436 on: June 23, 2022, 04:45:51 pm »

;D

It’s mad how this seems to have become a thing now.  I’m sure that most of our signings are paid like this, only players bought through clauses are likely not.

Also why is around 15 mill for Neco meant to be bad?

I’d guess there would be some sell on in there too, so if he makes the grade, likely to be some more money in the deal for Liverpool down the line.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32437 on: June 23, 2022, 04:48:23 pm »
;D

It’s mad how this seems to have become a thing now.  I’m sure that most of our signings are paid like this, only players bought through clauses are likely not.

Also why is around 15 mill for Neco meant to be bad?

I’d guess there would be some sell on in there too, so if he makes the grade, likely to be some more money in the deal for Liverpool down the line.

Someone put £15 instead of £15 million, it was just a typo lampoon.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32438 on: June 23, 2022, 04:50:10 pm »

I love Henderson's reaction: "You seeing this shit?"

It's the ridicule rather than anger that makes it so glorious.

Like acknowledging Sterling as a colleague is beneath him, cause he's throwing a temper tantrum... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32439 on: June 23, 2022, 04:50:33 pm »
amazingly - I think clinical was actually making a joke!!

Look again at what he wrote.