Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123647 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32160 on: June 22, 2022, 12:12:06 pm »
The only way he wins a place on the team is by poisoning all the lasagne and salads, to be fair. But yeah, he's entitled to collect the salary stated in his contract and train with the squad of course.

You are making him sound like Winston Bogarde. Ox was very useful for us a few months ago, when Salah and Mane were at the AFCON. A total of 28 appearances (1.511 minutes) with 6 goal involvements is a decent return for a squad player. And with Minamino gone, he might even get some minutes in attack now ...

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32161 on: June 22, 2022, 12:12:54 pm »
My ego has been on the weights though.

Yes light-weight clearly  :wave

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32162 on: June 22, 2022, 12:15:36 pm »
People have no idea what Bellingham would demand in wages. Young players have both demanded ridiculous wages (Sancho, Haaland) and other younger have not (Nunez is apparently getting less than 100K a week). We have no idea what Bellingham will ask for.

Nunez net wage is around 100k a week, which suggests his total weekly wage is closer to 200k a week less tax.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32163 on: June 22, 2022, 12:16:17 pm »
You are making him sound like Winston Bogarde. Ox was very useful for us a few months ago, when Salah and Mane were at the AFCON. A total of 28 appearances (1.511 minutes) with 6 goal involvements is a decent return for a squad player. And with Minamino gone, he might even get some minutes in attack now ...

It all depends on his fitness, if he’s retained his dynamism he is physically gifted and he is one of the few who can score from long range

Is it worth selling him for £10M or are
We better off keeping him?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32164 on: June 22, 2022, 12:16:39 pm »
People have no idea what Bellingham would demand in wages. Young players have both demanded ridiculous wages (Sancho, Haaland) and other younger have not (Nunez is apparently getting less than 100K a week). We have no idea what Bellingham will ask for.

Thought Nunez was 130k a week

Nunez net wage is around 100k a week, which suggests his total weekly wage is closer to 200k a week less tax.

Ghost is gonna lose his shit when he sees this
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32165 on: June 22, 2022, 12:21:17 pm »

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32166 on: June 22, 2022, 12:23:06 pm »
If we think Salah is leaving in a year on a free, then you'd imagine we'd be interested in Gnabry right? Curious what happens there, whether he moves this summer with one-year left or leaves Bayern as a free transfer next summer.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32167 on: June 22, 2022, 12:23:10 pm »
It all depends on his fitness, if he’s retained his dynamism he is physically gifted and he is one of the few who can score from long range

Is it worth selling him for £10M or are
We better off keeping him?

If he is willing to accept the bit part role, I'd keep him ...

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32168 on: June 22, 2022, 12:28:57 pm »
If we think Salah is leaving in a year on a free, then you'd imagine we'd be interested in Gnabry right? Curious what happens there, whether he moves this summer with one-year left or leaves Bayern as a free transfer next summer.
You'd imagine Gnabry would want over £300k a week. I doubt that happens.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32169 on: June 22, 2022, 12:30:49 pm »

that's astronomical!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32170 on: June 22, 2022, 12:32:17 pm »

Well, the reports in Germany suggest that he has rejected €20 million per season for a contract extension at Bayern. He is even worse than Bellingham ...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32171 on: June 22, 2022, 12:32:27 pm »
that's astronomical!

Is that before or after tax though? I saw he only wanted £140k a week.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32172 on: June 22, 2022, 12:52:09 pm »
Ghost is gonna lose his shit when he sees this
Fucking inflation. And the Wispa bars are half the fucking size :no
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32173 on: June 22, 2022, 12:57:33 pm »
While that article makes some good points, it still drastically underestimates the total cost of the Haaland deal, based on the known fees beyond the transfer, the true figure is closer to the €150m level even before you consider the relative cost of the salaries.

Mad thing is that we are hardly skimping on the salary for Nunez, he'll still make over £40m from us, even without the inevitable contract renewal in a few years if he's doing well.

Will we renew his contract if he's got a six year deal?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32174 on: June 22, 2022, 01:01:04 pm »
Gmabry will be free though. And if we don’t have to spend market rate to buy him we can offer in wages what we would have offered in transfer fee. Which is exactly why it’s attractive for the likes of mane and Salah to run their contracts down. But we can play at the same game!

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32175 on: June 22, 2022, 01:06:12 pm »
Gmabry will be free though. And if we don’t have to spend market rate to buy him we can offer in wages what we would have offered in transfer fee. Which is exactly why it’s attractive for the likes of mane and Salah to run their contracts down. But we can play at the same game!

The other thing with Gnabry is that his age (27 this summer, 28 if he were to join on a free) means he'd probably only get one contract here, so you don't have to worry about renewing him and paying even more down the line. Thiago, for example, is I think the only signing we've made who has gone straight into our top earner bracket but that's easier to absorb when someone is late 20s when joining.

Personally I'd go for Gnabry now, and then we're future proofing against Salah's departure.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #32176 on: June 22, 2022, 01:16:13 pm »

It’s almost certain that he’ll end up at a team that rhymes with Hagrid.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32177 on: June 22, 2022, 02:04:40 pm »
Assuming we do go for a midfielder this summer, how do you think its this going to affect our team going into the new season? I rarely remember Klopp having to deal with so many changes in a single window. Doesn't appear to be all over as am noticing a lot of smoke going about on our bids and offers for various players, probably agents trying to bump a players stock but still.

Would be nice to be all done and dusted either way in time for pre-season, new midfielder or otherwise.

- all in my opinion of course -

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #32178 on: June 22, 2022, 02:16:10 pm »
I think we will just look at getting a left footed wide player who is a little younger than when Salah was when he joined, and hope to mould him into a goal scorer (hence everyone's interest in Saka who is the main scoring and creative outlet in a team that doesn't create many chances). The club clearly have a limit on how much they will pay someone in wages and anyone wanting a massive 300k/w salary at us will sent away.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32179 on: June 22, 2022, 02:28:51 pm »
Jakub Ojrzynski joins Radomiak Radom on loan.

Sounds like something pulled out of a Radom name generator.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #32180 on: June 22, 2022, 02:37:03 pm »

Todd Bonzalez likes this

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32181 on: June 22, 2022, 02:38:08 pm »

Seems like a really Radom loan this one.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32182 on: June 22, 2022, 02:58:12 pm »

They were promoted last season to Poland's first division, and finished 7th. I don't know who owns them, but definitely an ambitious club ...

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #32183 on: June 22, 2022, 03:06:18 pm »
Assuming we do go for a midfielder this summer, how do you think its this going to affect our team going into the new season? I rarely remember Klopp having to deal with so many changes in a single window. Doesn't appear to be all over as am noticing a lot of smoke going about on our bids and offers for various players, probably agents trying to bump a players stock but still.

Would be nice to be all done and dusted either way in time for pre-season, new midfielder or otherwise.

Injuries aside, he'd be given time to settle in like Konate was anyway, or even Fabinho in 2018. That's unless we got a Thiago type signing who can just slot straight into the team and improve it.

That aside, Nunez for Mane is the only real change and Diaz was more of a direct replacement for Mane.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32184 on: June 22, 2022, 03:14:54 pm »

Is it that many? In 18/19 we had to integrate Shaqiri, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and had only signed Van Dijk 5 months prior.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #32185 on: June 22, 2022, 03:18:57 pm »
They were promoted last season to Poland's first division, and finished 7th. I don't know who owns them, but definitely an ambitious club ...
Have to invest in a new badge though. This thing is a crime against football.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #32186 on: June 22, 2022, 03:20:20 pm »
Have to invest in a new badge though. This thing is a crime against football.

Looks like my statistics exam
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #32187 on: June 22, 2022, 03:22:23 pm »
Radomiak Radom sounds like it's dangerously radioactive  :o
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32188 on: June 22, 2022, 03:24:44 pm »
Is it that many? In 18/19 we had to integrate Shaqiri, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and had only signed Van Dijk 5 months prior.

I guess the one difference is that those changes in the main were undoubtedly upgrading what we had previously. Like I appreciate its always a task integrating new players, but I can't imagine changing Skrtel for Van Dijk or Mignolet for Alisson was as tricky as swapping Nunez and Mane (for example).

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32189 on: June 22, 2022, 03:32:34 pm »
Liverpool ECHO

Additionally, if Liverpool were to pursue a long-standing interest and sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham this summer he would still count as a homegrown player, despite spending the majority of his senior career to date in the Bundesliga, because of the ten years he spent at Birmingham City prior to his move to Germany.

However, the ECHO understands that any move for the England international will most likely come next year, although the Reds recruitment team will be on alert should there be a change of circumstance.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-bellingham-nunez-premier-league-24290153

The media have mentioned this a few times now.  I wonder whether we will bid to test the water?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32190 on: June 22, 2022, 03:38:33 pm »
Liverpool ECHO

Additionally, if Liverpool were to pursue a long-standing interest and sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham this summer he would still count as a homegrown player, despite spending the majority of his senior career to date in the Bundesliga, because of the ten years he spent at Birmingham City prior to his move to Germany.

However, the ECHO understands that any move for the England international will most likely come next year, although the Reds recruitment team will be on alert should there be a change of circumstance.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-bellingham-nunez-premier-league-24290153

The media have mentioned this a few times now.  I wonder whether we will bid to test the water?

We have obviously talked with the player, his family and his agent. If there was any chance of him moving this summer, we would have already made a bid to Dortmund ...

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #32191 on: June 22, 2022, 03:47:47 pm »
Liverpool ECHO

Additionally, if Liverpool were to pursue a long-standing interest and sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham this summer he would still count as a homegrown player, ...

I take it to mean if anyone else bids then we'll be "forced into action"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32192 on: June 22, 2022, 03:50:09 pm »
Julian Ward has placed a tracker. Anyone else bids we'll be alerted.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #32193 on: June 22, 2022, 03:50:41 pm »
I guess the one difference is that those changes in the main were undoubtedly upgrading what we had previously. Like I appreciate its always a task integrating new players, but I can't imagine changing Skrtel for Van Dijk or Mignolet for Alisson was as tricky as swapping Nunez and Mane (for example).
True, but we have seen forwards incorporated pretty much right away in the past. Mane, Salah, Diaz, Jota to a degree... With a full preseason, I imagine Nunez will be ready to go right away. I could still see us starting the season with Diaz, Jota, and Salah though.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32194 on: June 22, 2022, 03:51:28 pm »
I take it to mean if anyone else bids then we'll be "forced into action"

I did too but I also wouldn't be surprised if we did make a bid later in the window after moving a few players on.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #32195 on: June 22, 2022, 03:52:24 pm »
Liverpool ECHO

Has there been any noise about this from Dortmund's end? With Sancho, they always said pay the price and he's yours, but I haven't seen anything as explicit as that.

I would imagine we're at least trying to lay the groundwork for him.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #32196 on: June 22, 2022, 03:54:09 pm »

And then you blow up your wage structure and have to offer similar wages to keep your own players; which ironically is a problem Bayern have experienced with Alaba and now Gnabry having not been able to keep the former and likely the same fate for the latter.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32197 on: June 22, 2022, 04:04:08 pm »
Has there been any noise about this from Dortmund's end? With Sancho, they always said pay the price and he's yours, but I haven't seen anything as explicit as that.

I would imagine we're at least trying to lay the groundwork for him.

Yes, they have clearly stated than Bellingham wiil be with them next season ...

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #32198 on: June 22, 2022, 04:14:04 pm »
Liverpool ECHO

Why do the Echo need to mention this at all.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32199 on: June 22, 2022, 04:16:06 pm »
Why do the Echo need to mention this at all.

For the clicks?