Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879887 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #2000 on: June 8, 2022, 05:37:11 pm »
Loads more steel up on Mr Drone's latest update

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JPTPrJn6k4s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JPTPrJn6k4s</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2001 on: June 8, 2022, 05:43:23 pm »
Mr Drone's filming of massive erections is right up there. It stands up to any scrutiny
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2002 on: June 9, 2022, 09:30:45 am »
The internal roof truss/structure part is going to be really fun to watch materialise. Like a big mecano set.
And no ladies. I’m not single.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2003 on: June 9, 2022, 10:13:48 am »
Loads more steel up on Mr Drone's latest update

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JPTPrJn6k4s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JPTPrJn6k4s</a>
Someone needs to let him know what day it is...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2004 on: June 9, 2022, 12:15:12 pm »
The internal roof truss/structure part is going to be really fun to watch materialise. Like a big mecano set.
And no ladies. I’m not single.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: June 9, 2022, 09:06:10 pm »
Looking this morning at a model of Anfield I was bought for Christmas by an ex about 20 years ago and it got me thinking, once the Anny is fully open we'll break our League Attendance record, but will still be about 900 shy of the record of 61,905 v Wolves in the FA Cup in 1952.

Need to cram another 1,000 seats in somewhere ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2006 on: June 9, 2022, 09:53:57 pm »
Looking this morning at a model of Anfield I was bought for Christmas by an ex about 20 years ago and it got me thinking, once the Anny is fully open we'll break our League Attendance record, but will still be about 900 shy of the record of 61,905 v Wolves in the FA Cup in 1952.

Need to cram another 1,000 seats in somewhere ;D

What about the corners

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2007 on: June 10, 2022, 10:31:45 am »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2008 on: June 11, 2022, 10:35:41 am »
A minor source of contentment but I am looking forwards to Everton fans having to pluralise "FC Big Stand"
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2009 on: June 13, 2022, 03:04:53 am »
A minor source of contentment but I am looking forwards to Everton fans having to pluralise "FC Big Stand"

I must admit the 1st time I went to Goodison Park was in 1974 and I was astounded as a 7 year old as to the size of their ‘new’ main stand.
I know size isn’t everything, but it looks small now compared to our new erections.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2010 on: June 13, 2022, 08:34:22 am »
 Off topic but I’ve been watching Mr Drones Bramley Moore vids. All banter aside, I find it fascinating (stadium builds in general) watching it get built. That seems to be flying up too, there’s even some rakers going in. Should be a real asset to the city.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2011 on: June 14, 2022, 08:27:33 pm »
FC Big Stands & Big Trophies?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2013 on: June 15, 2022, 07:29:06 am »
Looking good.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2014 on: June 15, 2022, 09:17:47 am »
Amazing, we can see the first bit of the upper tier in place now!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2015 on: June 15, 2022, 09:43:58 am »
Going to look amazing when it’s all finished. Coming along nicely.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2016 on: June 15, 2022, 10:08:59 am »
It looks like a Mammoet LR 12000 Crawler Crane is being assembled or something like that; I typically only see something like this for a heavy or high lift on the sites I have worked on over the years.... roof truss, maybe? 
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2017 on: June 15, 2022, 12:17:26 pm »
It looks like a Mammoet LR 12000 Crawler Crane is being assembled or something like that; I typically only see something like this for a heavy or high lift on the sites I have worked on over the years.... roof truss, maybe? 

Must be the roof truss. The end supports are well advanced so I expect it will go up pretty soon although the truss doesn't look complete.

I assume they've left the gaps so that the crane can be positioned for a straight lift.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2018 on: June 15, 2022, 12:24:11 pm »
Excellent ground-level video of the construction work taken by Paul Frost

https://youtu.be/ns5QW9f2xRU
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2019 on: June 15, 2022, 12:26:28 pm »
Must be the roof truss. The end supports are well advanced so I expect it will go up pretty soon although the truss doesn't look complete.

I assume they've left the gaps so that the crane can be positioned for a straight lift.

That makes sense, Alan... we have not seen one of your brilliant overlay diagrams for a while. Hint hint...

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2020 on: June 15, 2022, 03:23:16 pm »
Some drone footage. They are cracking on. You can get a feel for how big this stand is going to be. Massive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Gj8JGjoEs

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2021 on: June 15, 2022, 05:18:11 pm »
Mr Drone has posted

https://youtu.be/l6UQF4X09jE

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2022 on: June 15, 2022, 05:23:22 pm »
I believe the Shankly Gate brickwork got accidentally damaged today

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2023 on: June 15, 2022, 05:27:00 pm »
Any of the builders avoid wearing red?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2024 on: June 15, 2022, 05:30:03 pm »
That Mammoet LR Crawler Crane is huge, and its still not fully assembled.   

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2025 on: June 16, 2022, 09:28:59 am »
From the footage it looks like it has been intentionally removed.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #2026 on: June 16, 2022, 04:50:11 pm »
Doesn’t seem that long ago when we put the top tier on the Annie road and were limited in height due to light access to the properties behind the stand. Incidentally that were demolished not too long after.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2027 on: June 20, 2022, 06:30:48 am »
Further update from Paul Frost, a high-quality ground-level overview of construction progress.  I think this lad produces the best quality ground-level overviews by far.

https://youtu.be/vMaCtvrDiRg

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2028 on: June 22, 2022, 10:12:04 am »
Slightly off topic, but I watched a youtube of all the grounds in Germany (sorry ladies, Im married) and noticed that a lot of them are completely covering the roofs of their stands with solar panels. Any of our architect/engineering nerds know if this is a financially/sustainably/ecologically positive thing to do? Seems like great initiative.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #2029 on: June 22, 2022, 10:25:11 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9m9bQyQJAk

Todays update from mr drone.  Can see both sides of the roof truss developing now.  Pretty cool how one of the seat areas is already up, it looks miles in the sky, and its not even the highest level!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2030 on: June 23, 2022, 03:29:43 am »
... Any of our architect/engineering nerds know if this is a financially/sustainably/ecologically positive thing to do? Seems like great initiative.

I assume it's subsidized with the Russians about to turn off the gas

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2031 on: June 23, 2022, 08:59:07 am »

Todays update from mr drone.  Can see both sides of the roof truss developing now.  Pretty cool how one of the seat areas is already up, it looks miles in the sky, and its not even the highest level!
Reminds me of that Russian stadium at the last World Cup.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2032 on: June 23, 2022, 10:04:03 am »

Do you mean the precast rows? The support steel in the centre is as high as the seating goes.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2033 on: June 23, 2022, 11:42:29 am »
Coloured diagram of the internal roof structure from the Planning Statement. It's not exactly the same but close enough to see what's going on.

From what's on site it looks like they'll use the two big cranes to lift the central secton of the main roof truss which has 9 structural bays (coloured orange).

The two support towers (blue) are almost complete and somewhere on site there will be two side truss sections (purple) that connect the central section to the towers. I think I saw them in one of Mr Drone's videos by the Portacabins in Stanley Park.

They've erected three central sections of seating so that they can connect four* trusses (green) to stabilise the whole thing.

Once that's up the rest can be erected with smaller cranes and the central floor sections can be filled in.

*edit: three structural bays = four trusses
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 01:51:42 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #2034 on: June 23, 2022, 11:58:48 am »
Do you mean the precast rows? The support steel in the centre is as high as the seating goes.

Yep the precast rows.  What i meant is that the precast rows have not yet been laid to the height of the support steel if that makes sense, but yes, we can already see how high the support still goes. 

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #2035 on: June 23, 2022, 12:00:16 pm »
Coloured diagram of the internal roof structure from the Planning Statement. It's not exactly the same but close enough to see what's going on.

From what's on site it looks like they'll use the two big cranes to lift the central secton of the main roof truss which has 9 structural bays (coloured orange).

The two support towers (blue) are almost complete and somewhere on site there will be two side truss sections (purple) that connect the central section to the towers. I think I saw them in one of Mr Drone's videos by the Portacabins in Stanley Park.

They've erected three central sections of seating so that they can connect three trusses (green) to stabilise the whole thing.

Once that's up the rest can be erected with smaller cranes and the central floor sections can be filled in.

Brilliant, thanks Alan.  Really helps to understand what’s going on at this stage

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2036 on: June 23, 2022, 12:13:20 pm »
Alan, you're correct you can see the assembled sections with in the site office compound at 3 minutes 30 seconds in Mr Drones latest vid above.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 12:25:44 pm by kopite321 »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2037 on: June 23, 2022, 02:35:32 pm »
Alan, you're correct you can see the assembled sections with in the site office compound at 3 minutes 30 seconds in Mr Drones latest vid above.
Thanks.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2038 on: June 23, 2022, 02:35:40 pm »

Old demolition Dan went a bit off piste over on SSC didn't he.
I'd love to see him getting in to it with Al.

Hold the phone.
They definitely could be the same person.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2039 on: June 23, 2022, 02:36:56 pm »
Thanks.

They didn't see that on Barrelscraper City.
A RAWK EXCLUSIVE.