Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 880116 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #2160 on: July 12, 2022, 06:33:31 pm »
Any other Construction Pro's on RAWK? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2161 on: July 12, 2022, 06:44:20 pm »
I had a Meccano set as a kid, although I only ever seemed to build a crane with it.

Mind you, I once built a house out of Lego.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2162 on: July 12, 2022, 06:53:39 pm »
I'm a Gentleman construction amateur. I wouldn't sully it by turning professional.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2163 on: July 12, 2022, 07:06:58 pm »
Are we still on about erections?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: July 12, 2022, 07:32:25 pm »
I had a Meccano set as a kid, although I only ever seemed to build a crane with it.

Mind you, I once built a house out of Lego.

Meccano, Lego and Linka
Jurgen YNWA

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2165 on: July 12, 2022, 08:47:20 pm »
Looks like they cba with the truss then. Can’t blame them.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2166 on: July 12, 2022, 09:19:35 pm »
efflorescence

(Just wanted to add something that sounded knowledgeable to the thread ;D)

Isn't that what makes the the sea are flickery lighty at night time  ???

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2167 on: July 12, 2022, 09:38:06 pm »
Isn't that what makes the the sea are flickery lighty at night time  ???
It’s the white stuff that appears on bricks as salts leech out of them…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #2168 on: July 12, 2022, 10:21:58 pm »
I'm not sure about demolition. What you gain in a few thousand seats would be lost in the atmosphere and the tight, compressed feeling of it as it is now.

I recall when the H&G abortion was being planned at 70k capacity it would have meant additional funding to improve transport links into the area and I’m sure it was for anything above 62k- I’m sure they looked at the feasibility of reopening the old bootle line as an option, I’m guessing this would still be the case
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #2169 on: July 13, 2022, 12:01:36 am »
I'm not sure about demolition. What you gain in a few thousand seats would be lost in the atmosphere and the tight, compressed feeling of it as it is now.

Surely not financially prudent to demolish the Kop just to add a few thousand extra seats, even if we were allowed a similar or slightly steeper rake (which I doubt we would)?
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2170 on: July 13, 2022, 08:50:19 am »
Surely not financially prudent to demolish the Kop just to add a few thousand extra seats, even if we were allowed a similar or slightly steeper rake (which I doubt we would)?
I think the Kop has about 13000 seats so if we did demolish it we are down that many seats for quite some time.

Things would have advanced since we last did it in 1994 but it took us the whole season to get it back to full capacity so you are down the capacity as well as construction costs.

The great thing about the Main stand and current Anny road work was we didnt lose any capacity with the way it worked.

Back to 1994 the early season games minus the Kop we had no one on it, so there would also be a problem as to where Kop season ticket holders would be relocated.

Its unlikely to happen but I would long term love to see the Kop made bigger
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: July 13, 2022, 09:29:50 am »
It’s the white stuff that appears on bricks as salts leech out of them…

Washing up liquid by greedy/lazy brickies.

I used to be a construction pro (surveyor) but in estimating now so confined to the office. Which suits me.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2172 on: July 13, 2022, 04:42:57 pm »
The has been no movement today in regards to the central truss span lift, has to be weather related or technical issue's.   
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: July 13, 2022, 04:45:49 pm »
The has been no movement today in regards to the central truss span lift, has to be weather related or technical issue's.   

Maybe it's too hot to work in the crane cabins?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2174 on: July 13, 2022, 04:57:37 pm »
From what I have been just told the is an issue with the pendant or luffing cable system on one of the large crawler cranes…could be bullshit mind.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2175 on: July 13, 2022, 05:11:56 pm »
From what I have been just told the is an issue with the pendant or luffing cable system on one of the large crawler cranes…could be bullshit mind.

Makes sense - everything is in place.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2176 on: July 13, 2022, 05:18:36 pm »
We’ve got an erection ITK in our midst.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #2177 on: July 13, 2022, 06:15:54 pm »

Mr Drone said the crane was broken on Monday.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: July 13, 2022, 06:20:24 pm »
Mr Drone said the crane was broken on Monday.
Yep. He did didn’t he
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2179 on: July 13, 2022, 06:21:11 pm »

You can barely hear the kop from the ARE (hence all the bollocks from the away fans) unless in full voice which is always going to travel from any stand. The noise doesn't travel that well, particularly from the back where the 300 blocks are. It could be a lot better acoustically.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:23:29 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2180 on: July 13, 2022, 07:05:16 pm »
So I take it that talk of an erection happening was premature?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: July 13, 2022, 09:35:15 pm »
You can barely hear the kop from the ARE (hence all the bollocks from the away fans) unless in full voice which is always going to travel from any stand. The noise doesn't travel that well, particularly from the back where the 300 blocks are. It could be a lot better acoustically.

When we used to sit at the Anny end of the Kemlyn, in the days when 202 made all the noise, some games you couldn't hear the Kop. Yet when in full voice I've heard them from by Walton Hall Park while walking to the ground, Spartak Moscow early 90's springs to mind.

So I take it that talk of an erection happening was premature?

Numan making a delivery tomorrow
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2182 on: July 13, 2022, 09:36:37 pm »
It must be costing Mr Drone a fortune in tunnel fees getting over here every day to film the truss lift.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: July 13, 2022, 09:47:29 pm »
Sorry if already asked, but whats the reason the stadium isnt hosting Euro 22? Is it because of the current ongoing work, or just not licensed to host UEFA/FIFA games?

Or Liverpool FC couldn't be arsed?

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2184 on: July 13, 2022, 09:57:29 pm »
Sorry if already asked, but whats the reason the stadium isnt hosting Euro 22? Is it because of the current ongoing work, or just not licensed to host UEFA/FIFA games?

We had the recent concerts and think the turf is being relaid but someone more knowledgeable should be able to confirm
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2185 on: July 13, 2022, 10:14:42 pm »

AFAIK the pitch isn't big enough; it can't host any Euro matches or major UEFA finals.

Pitches have to be 105m long - Anfield's is only about 101m

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: July 13, 2022, 10:34:17 pm »
AFAIK the pitch isn't big enough; it can't host any Euro matches or major UEFA finals.

Pitches have to be 105m long - Anfield's is only about 101m

Exactly that. UEFA stipulate 105m x 68m, Anfield is 101m x 68m
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2187 on: July 13, 2022, 11:56:51 pm »
For want of four...

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: July 14, 2022, 09:26:17 am »
Exactly that. UEFA stipulate 105m x 68m, Anfield is 101m x 68m
Its only finals isnt it? There were Euro 96 games played at Anfield.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: July 14, 2022, 09:38:06 am »
Long time ago mate

It could have been different rules then.

It might not be allowed host games in euro 2028 though.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: July 14, 2022, 10:16:26 am »

It changed about 16 years ago. To host group games and finals of UEFA tournaments, the stadium has to be a category 4 (not sure if cat 3 can host them too) which specifies the pitch has to be 105m long. We've a category 4 stadium with a category 2 pitch size.

Long time ago mate

It's been reported that we have already been told by the FA we can't have games, they'll go to BMD IF it ever gets built and the City is chosen.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 10:18:02 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2191 on: July 14, 2022, 10:24:37 am »
I think there was a discussion on here some time ago about the feasibility of extending the pitch, but it just wasn't possble. Something like taking a few rows out of the ARE and making up the distance that way, I think those who are more clued up on this sort of thing said it was simply a non starter,

Bit of topic, but how big will the pitch be at Everton's new ground, if they've any sense, it'll obviously meet the UEFA regs to host major internationals, good on them (and the City in general) I suppose, but massive shame if we miss out.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2192 on: July 14, 2022, 10:26:13 am »
As I was typing my post, the one above it has answered my question re BMD!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #2193 on: July 14, 2022, 10:50:38 am »
Extending the pitch we can't even get the bloody roof truss up.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: July 14, 2022, 11:07:29 am »
With smaller than standard sized pitches becoming more and more rare amongst the top clubs I hope no one at UEFA ever decides that all CL games must be played on the standard pitch, meaning we either have to ask our neighbours nicely if we can borrow BMD or we start knocking out a few rows of seats and nip down the garden centre for a few rolls of turf.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: July 14, 2022, 12:15:06 pm »
Long time ago mate

Euro 96 was 4 years ago. Common knowledge!

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2196 on: July 14, 2022, 01:43:19 pm »
Anfield hosting a liverpool team is all i care about. don't want them changing small pitch with stand closer to the pitch at all

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2197 on: July 14, 2022, 01:59:46 pm »
Anfield hosting a liverpool team is all i care about. don't want them changing small pitch with stand closer to the pitch at all
yep

It will make a fortune of a lot of concerts anyway

certainly more than 18000 at euro 2028 when its Albania vs Hungary

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: July 14, 2022, 10:19:55 pm »
Seem to recall matches at Anfield in Euro 96 presume they have changed the rules since?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: July 14, 2022, 10:20:38 pm »
Seem to recall matches at Anfield in Euro 96 presume they have changed the rules since?
Went to see Italy Czech Republic … terrific game that was.
W