Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4161053 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #67080 on: June 28, 2021, 04:33:20 pm »
If Fite TV is looking for people to present and do punditry, take lads off the RAWK Boxing thread lads.  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67081 on: June 28, 2021, 04:41:58 pm »
Laura Woods. All she does is laugh.

That hasn't stopped Micah Richards being on our TV seemingly all day every day on every channel.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67082 on: June 28, 2021, 04:51:28 pm »
I do. I'd rather have a woman on there who knows her shit like Natasha Jonas and not Maya Jama because she's fit and has big tits.
She can't be worse than Johnny Nelson and Carl Froch to be fair.

Disappointed they haven't got Big Sexy Naseem Hamed on board to be honest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67083 on: June 28, 2021, 04:54:56 pm »
 ;D

Naz would end DAZN's career on UK shores in one night.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67084 on: June 29, 2021, 08:44:30 am »
;D

Naz would end DAZN's career on UK shores in one night.

Was it Junior who Naz started saying 'I know boxing and he can't box'?

Sensational stuff

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67085 on: June 29, 2021, 10:32:44 am »
Think so mate.  ;D

That night on ITV he was going at all night.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67086 on: June 29, 2021, 10:49:34 am »
Was it Junior who Naz started saying 'I know boxing and he can't box'?

Sensational stuff
https://twitter.com/Martillo42/status/965010353183707136

Possibly the greatest piece of punditry ever.  The shout out to his Mrs at the end is the best part ;D

Can't believe he hasn't been invited back.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67087 on: June 29, 2021, 01:45:33 pm »
 ;D

Legendary mate. Naz ain't afraid to speak his mind and for that he's shunned as a pundit.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67088 on: June 29, 2021, 02:01:01 pm »
;D

Legendary mate. Naz ain't afraid to speak his mind and for that he's shunned as a pundit.
Yeah Eddie Hearn likes his pundits to be yes men and just keep hyping the matchroom guys.  It's the reason we haven't seen Paulie Malignaggi for a while as well.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67089 on: June 29, 2021, 02:14:41 pm »
Yeah Eddie Hearn likes his pundits to be yes men and just keep hyping the matchroom guys.  It's the reason we haven't seen Paulie Malignaggi for a while as well.
Andy Lee isn't really a yes man. And which promoters don't like it? They are all fame whores who can't take anyone knocking them.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67090 on: June 29, 2021, 02:34:08 pm »
Andy Lee isn't really a yes man. And which promoters don't like it? They are all fame whores who can't take anyone knocking them.
Hadn't seen he'd joined.  Just Googled and the first thing that came up was an interview with Eddie Hearn announcing him saying 'Andy is not a yes man' ;D

I like him to be fair.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67091 on: June 30, 2021, 01:08:58 pm »
WOW! Nonito Donaire has cancelled his Bantamweight unification fight with John Casimero because the personal shite he said about Donaire's wife.  Also called Casimero a drug cheat basically.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67092 on: June 30, 2021, 01:23:12 pm »
I do. I'd rather have a woman on there who knows her shit like Natasha Jonas and not Maya Jama because she's fit and has big tits.
Natasha Jonas is not a presenter she is a pundit. So not sure why she was compared to Maya Jama.

I think Kate Abdo would have been good. She has a genuine interest in the sport.

But DAZN just wanted to get in some big names.
The pundits they got bar Bellew are very good.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67093 on: June 30, 2021, 03:23:38 pm »
WOW! Nonito Donaire has cancelled his Bantamweight unification fight with John Casimero because the personal shite he said about Donaire's wife.  Also called Casimero a drug cheat basically.

Good on him.  He's in a good position to do something like that though because no one's going to accuse him of ducking anyone, and he can just take the Inoue fight for probably more money anyway.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67094 on: June 30, 2021, 07:55:37 pm »
Look at this weirdo. Fury is going to pummel him into 2022.

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1409803951495696385

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #67095 on: July 1, 2021, 06:34:48 am »

Just about the worst form you'll ever see :lmao

Hope Fury is up for this

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67096 on: July 1, 2021, 09:09:36 am »

Jesus Christ I just put my back out watching that.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67097 on: July 1, 2021, 09:54:50 am »
Hadn't seen he'd joined.  Just Googled and the first thing that came up was an interview with Eddie Hearn announcing him saying 'Andy is not a yes man' ;D

I like him to be fair.
Good to know Eddie scrolls through rawk for our opinions.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67098 on: July 1, 2021, 05:46:05 pm »
Gassiev moving to Heavyweight now. Cruiserweight division reclaiming it's spot as one of the baron divisions yet again.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #67099 on: July 1, 2021, 11:36:51 pm »

What's the point of that video? That Wilder can 'badly' bench press Fury's approximate weight? Intimidating stuff. Almost as scary as that stupid costume he wore the last time. How did that go again? He's getting walloped again barring a fluke punch, and I can see him quitting during the fight and retiring after.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67100 on: July 2, 2021, 05:54:39 pm »
Hope the ginger twat takes it.  ;D

Eddie Hearn on Canelo moving to Light-Heavyweight:

"Artur Beterbiev is a fight that Canelo, sickly, wants. He knows how hard Beterbiev punches. Canelo's a competitor - you tell him that's not the fight to take, he'll wanna take it." [@DAZNBoxingShow]

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67101 on: July 2, 2021, 07:20:54 pm »
Canelo has got absolutely no fear has he?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67102 on: July 2, 2021, 11:19:20 pm »
I thnik he's waiting for Beterbiev to be on the downhill slope before he agrees to fight him though.  No way any time soon I don't think.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67103 on: July 4, 2021, 08:50:53 pm »
Briedis also moving to Heavyweight.  Seriously who the fuck is now left at Crusier? Gassiev announced last week he is moving up too.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67104 on: July 4, 2021, 10:40:15 pm »
Cruiserweight is supposed to be a bit shit though. At least these guys are all going straight to HW and not messing around with this bridgerweight nonsense. (Soon to be known as the Deontay Wilder consolation prize).

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67105 on: July 5, 2021, 01:13:47 pm »
Briedis also moving to Heavyweight.  Seriously who the fuck is now left at Crusier? Gassiev announced last week he is moving up too.
Great chance for Okolie to clean up now. Amazing as Cruiser was loaded with talent a few years ago.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67106 on: July 6, 2021, 03:43:13 pm »
This clown is something else.  ;D

Deontay Wilder on the Tyson Fury trilogy:

"You think he ain't gonna try to cheat this time? Oh they're thinking, they're coming up with a master plan. But you couldn't even get me out on loaded gloves and the conditions I was under. You didn't knock me out."

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67107 on: July 6, 2021, 05:40:03 pm »
He's definitely not right in the head, from his dozen pathetic excuses to his odd behaviour (not talking at press conference, screaming like a girl when lifting weights), I'd say he's fucked and Fury is going to do a number on him. Stoppage inside 6 rounds.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67108 on: July 6, 2021, 07:11:14 pm »
He's definitely not right in the head, from his dozen pathetic excuses to his odd behaviour (not talking at press conference, screaming like a girl when lifting weights), I'd say he's fucked and Fury is going to do a number on him. Stoppage inside 6 rounds.
He's just sulking because he didn't actually want the fight and they called his bluff. He should be sat at home on a pile of cash claiming Fury ducked him and preparing to clean out the bridgerweight division. Instead he's 2 weeks away from having the piss taken out of hin again.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #67109 on: July 7, 2021, 12:50:10 am »
I called a McCall like loss against Lewis a few weeks ago. Yeah, I reckon this ends quicker than the last one too.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67110 on: July 8, 2021, 12:25:51 pm »
Dillion what the fuck did you do to this man?  ;D

WBC President Confirms That Whyte is Not The Mandatory To Fury-Wilder Winner http://dlvr.it/S3HFHQ

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67111 on: July 8, 2021, 05:47:09 pm »
Covid outbreak in camp. Fight likely to be delayed.

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1413170091357720585

Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder 3 will likely be postponed after a COVID-19 outbreak in the heavyweight champ’s camp. No official determination yet on the fight proceeding as planned for July 24 in Las Vegas on ESPN+ PPV.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67112 on: July 8, 2021, 06:36:25 pm »
Yeah right

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #67113 on: July 8, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67114 on: July 8, 2021, 07:06:07 pm »
Lads, it's very unlike Tyson Fury to defend his belt. Give him a break.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67115 on: July 8, 2021, 11:15:53 pm »
Now Fury's camp saying the fight's still on. I just hope they can get this shit over with so we can finally see AJ v Fury and Wilder can go back to knocking out Polish taxi drivers.

EDIT: Fury's got Covid so postponed now until October
« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 08:11:08 am by I've been a good boy. »

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67116 on: July 9, 2021, 10:55:11 am »

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67117 on: July 9, 2021, 11:26:12 am »
What a fucking shambles.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67118 on: July 9, 2021, 11:28:29 am »
Did anyone actually think this fight was going to happen this month? I was always expecting it to be called off.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #67119 on: July 9, 2021, 11:40:00 am »
The cynical side of me would say that he's not been taking training seriously, now realises he's not going to be in shape in time.

The recent videos I've seen of him, he's wobbling like a bowl full of jelly around the lower back and stomach.

I know he never looks like Mr Olympia anyway, but he looked badly out of shape even for him.
20 and 7