Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 147961 times)

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match
« Reply #1000 on: August 13, 2011, 06:12:31 pm »
Its from carrying the rest of the team for so long

Oooh, sure someone will be along shortly to dispute that opinion.  :)

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: August 13, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »
First half was brilliant shows loads of promise second half shows we still have a few gaps and work to do. What to make of this performance? Two dropped points nothing more

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1002 on: August 13, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »
Aurelio injured again i see, what a surprise!!
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #1003 on: August 13, 2011, 06:13:35 pm »
Lucas is lucas. theres really nothing to say at this stage. we know his abilities and what he offers. He is a good squad player. nothing more.

He is, and was one of our best players. This is really rubbish.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #1004 on: August 13, 2011, 06:13:38 pm »
I think its kind of sad most of the fans here would not like to acknowledge for a simple fact that its the midfield that has the least quality. our defence and attack have quality and may need time to gell.

For me the midfield duo of lucas and adam is the real problem. they were slower, had little creativity to pass to the strikers with quality and penetration. they hardly strike on target and most improtantly didnt impose their strength or speed against opponents.

Lets be honest Lucas is a £6m player and adam £9m? Yes, once in a while we may get lucky and unearth the next alonso, etc. but the truth is if you keep buying cheap players, dont expect them to perform like sneider, pastore or aquilani. the later group market value speaks for themselves.

Once the second half went downhill, I immiately zone in on adam and he didnt deliver what he was touted for. crosses were average, long balls were non-existent. To conpound the matter, he doesnt have pace and positionally ill discipline. He had very little to offer.

Lucas is lucas. theres really nothing to say at this stage. we know his abilities and what he offers. He is a good squad player. nothing more.

I reallly hope aquilani stays and this will  be a test to the owners to either convince him to stay with us or find a equal quality market value player. either way, they are responsible to keep our most valuable players and purchase more quality players. They have been great at signing the cheques for downing and henderson. but the puzzle is not complete.

I just hope when gerrard is fit, he plays in the middle. And end the aquilani saga pls!!! these two should be our first choice midfield pairing.

Yeah, because Aquilani has been instrumental for LFC, while Lucas just strolls around the midfield thinking he owns the place just because he's Brazillian.

It's also a well known fact that if you don't pay at least 10m for a player then he will be shit and you could probably do a better job yourself as long as you don't have too many the night before.

There's so much wrong with that post fella.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1005 on: August 13, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »
Kenny Dalglish admits he was disappointed not to see Liverpool collect three points as they drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Anfield, but acknowledged a draw was a fair reflection of the contest.

The Reds took an early lead through a Luis Suarez header moments after the Uruguayan had missed a penalty.

Andy Carroll then had a goal ruled out for a foul, before Sunderland claimed a share of the spoils with a fine strike by Sebastian Larsson midway through the second half.

Afterwards, Dalglish told reporters: "I think over the game, even though Pepe only had to catch a couple of headers, for the effort and commitment they (Sunderland) put into the game, a draw was probably about right.

"We might have had a few more chances and were a wee bit unlucky in getting Andy Carroll's goal knocked off, which would have put us 2-0 up, but Sunderland made it difficult for us, they worked really hard and I think they deserved a point."

Sunderland could perhaps consider themselves somewhat fortunate not to have gone down to 10 men with the score still goalless when Kieran Richardson hauled down Suarez from behind inside the box after the striker had attempted to round Simon Mignolet.

Dalglish reflected: "You don't want to see people sent off. I don't know what the rule book says (about players being sent off), but if it's a clear goalscoring opportunity then you don't see any clearer than Luis Suarez one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

"If they say you're taking the ball away from the goal and so it's a yellow card (offence), well if you're in the middle of the goal and want to go around the goalkeeper, it's very difficult not to go away from goal, isn't it?

"We don't want to see anybody sent off, but we need to know where we stand and how they (referees) are going to implement the rules and the wording of them in the books. That's all we ask of them."

Liverpool handed no fewer than four players their Barclays Premier League debuts for the club, including Jose Enrique who only completed his transfer from Newcastle United on Friday morning, as well as Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson.

Dalglish admits he was satisfied with the performances of his new boys - but expects them to improve as they continue to settle into Anfield life.

"It's a big ordeal to come out and play your first game, especially for Jose who only signed yesterday," said the boss. "We weren't anticipating playing him because Fabio (Aurelio) was in last week, but he got injured, so we had no choice but to put Jose in.

"It's bad enough building up to your first competitive game at Anfield, but it's another thing being thrown in after just 24 hours.

"But I thought they all did something you'll remember them for in the game and all things considered, we're happy with them - but between now and the end of the season we'll be looking for an improvement."

As has been common in recent Liverpool versus Sunderland matches, today's contest was packed with incident and talking points.

Dalglish joked: "That's about four games a row now that something (talking point) has happened! There was the beach-ball goal, the free-kick here last season when Michael Turner kicked it towards the goalkeeper to take a free-kick and we went forward and scored.

"Then we had the penalty kick last season up at the Stadium of Light, which was outside the box.

"Maybe it's just this game!"

Meanwhile, journalists quizzed Dalglish for his thoughts on the partnership of Suarez and Carroll who played for 75 minutes together against the Black Cats.

He said: "They never had much chance to play together last year. Andy came to the club injured. He looks a lot fitter now. They'll be alright.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #1006 on: August 13, 2011, 06:13:54 pm »
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Who was last seasons best player for us??

if you love stats like youve mentioned. then why not play mireles. he was the BEST EPL voted player right? fool. tell how he played well today? go on.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: August 13, 2011, 06:14:18 pm »
Good first half performance which we can take a lot of encouragement from. I think we tired in the 2nd half and if we could have just got that 2nd before half time it would have been enough to win the game. The new signings did well by and large, Downing in particular. Shame we didn't get all three points but there are a lot more positives than negatives to come out of this.
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline Pacman.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1008 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:15 pm »
Of course he'll be questioned and compared, there's tens of thousands of registered fans with a point of view to air. Of course styles, results, tactics of the two will be contrasted and discussed. If you can't handle this I predict you're going to be very upset over the course of this season.

Exactly mate.

It's like questions, doubts or thoughts are discouraged by some people who think support means never questioning anything. like a cult. Weird.

My way of seeing it is that if these things aren't even a question in your mind, then you're not a real fan; you mustn't think much about things. How can that not have gone through your head once, if you're a red?

Or is it that you're just not allowed to say?

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #1009 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:38 pm »
I think its kind of sad most of the fans here would not like to acknowledge for a simple fact that its the midfield that has the least quality. our defence and attack have quality and may need time to gell.

For me the midfield duo of lucas and adam is the real problem. they were slower, had little creativity to pass to the strikers with quality and penetration. they hardly strike on target and most improtantly didnt impose their strength or speed against opponents.

Lets be honest Lucas is a £6m player and adam £9m? Yes, once in a while we may get lucky and unearth the next alonso, etc. but the truth is if you keep buying cheap players, dont expect them to perform like sneider, pastore or aquilani. the later group market value speaks for themselves.

Once the second half went downhill, I immiately zone in on adam and he didnt deliver what he was touted for. crosses were average, long balls were non-existent. To conpound the matter, he doesnt have pace and positionally ill discipline. He had very little to offer.

I reallly hope aquilani stays and this will  be a test to the owners to either convince him to stay with us or find a equal quality market value player. either way, they are responsible to keep our most valuable players and purchase more quality players. They have been great at signing the cheques for downing and henderson. but the puzzle is not complete.

I just hope when gerrard is fit, he plays in the middle. And end the aquilani saga pls!!! these two should be our first choice midfield pairing.

You cannot play Aquilani deep as part of a 2. He is a good player but he is only going to succeed in England where he has little defensive responsibilty. When we don't have possession Aquilani is about as useful as tits on a nun, in a deep lying midfield role.

Agree about Adam though. With Carra playing too we need better defensive cover in midfield. The defence needs babysitting.
When we don't have the ball Adam is ineffective. Lucas was stretched to the limit today. He will be very important to us this season and will get better with age in my opinion.

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1010 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:55 pm »
See for me the 1st half performance was really fucking encouraging and the focus needs to remain on that.
What good does it do anyone to focus on the negatives ?
Nothing.

Missiles have to stop though it's as simple as that.
First half the odd one to mix it up and we were great.
Second half everyone was at it and we were shit.
Not trying to focus on the negatives but the difference is night and day and with the players we have we shouldn't be resorting to it.

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:09 pm »
Should of won but not the end of the world at the end of the day

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1012 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:22 pm »
if you love stats like youve mentioned. then why not play mireles. he was the BEST EPL voted player right? fool. tell how he played well today? go on.
He's been injured you melon.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Kopite Downunder

• Main Stander
  • 5 European Cups and counting
« Reply #1013 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:29 pm »
First point, which people can't seem to get through their head:  We didn't pay 35 million for Carroll.  Chelsea did.  Torres' price was always whatever Newcastle wanted for Carroll + 15 million. 

Second point:  you're certainly going overboard.  You referred to Carroll as a marginally more effective Kevin Davies.  In Kevin Davies' best season, he scored 12 league goals in 38 games, at age 31. Carroll has already passed that, at age 22, scoring 13 league goals in 24 games.

Either you're delusional, too upset about the match to think clearly, or winding us all up.

Chelsea paid nothing for carroll stop kidding yourself we were going to get what ever we asked for torress either way. We paid over the odds by a whole lot for carroll, money that could have been spent on a real class foward not another average old fashioned no9. There is a reason why they called old fashioned no.9's because there is no place in modern foootball for them
Its not about the name on the back of the shirt, its about the crest over the heart!

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1014 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »
Not sure why people keep saying its our first game like its ok to drop 2 points, because thats basically what we did today.

The Aqua situation needs sorting and sorting this week. If he's staying then Kenny dropped a massive clanger today as he's been our best player pre season and should've started, fair enough if he's off though him going actually weakens our squad.

Also our fitness levels are bloody shit and today shows those pre season games actually we're important and should've been taken more seriously by coaching staff.

The ref was a twat but that game should've been over first half even with the ref being useless.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
« Reply #1015 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »
Yeah, because Aquilani has been instrumental for LFC, while Lucas just strolls around the midfield thinking he owns the place just because he's Brazillian.

It's also a well known fact that if you don't pay at least 10m for a player then he will be shit and you could probably do a better job yourself as long as you don't have too many the night before.

There's so much wrong with that post fella.

and you wonder why hugh heifner gets the busty blondes and you dont eh...you should wake up and smell the money once in awhile. why do you think the owners greatest concern is the fair play rules. because money talks and cheap players walks. denial is such a great think as a liverpool fan.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1016 on: August 13, 2011, 06:17:42 pm »
THEN WHY IN THE NAME OF H*LL WE PUT 5 NEW SIGNINGS IN OUR FIRST XI!?

SG & Johnson injured.
Aqua most likely on his way.
Plus Adam, Henderson, Downing & Enrique are all proven/experienced PL players.

I would have liked to see Maxi on the bench & both him/Raul brought on earlier in the second half.  IMO - would have helped us with retaining the ball.

They deserved a point as they worked their socks off second half & looked sharper.

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Dystopia

• Main Stander
« Reply #1017 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:00 pm »
He is, and was one of our best players. This is really rubbish.

Yes he is, but no he wasn't. He was one of our worst in the second half.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #1018 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »

Have you not taken your medication today or is it just a compulsion to spout crap that's affecting you at the moment?

I found your use of the word fool mildly amusing though.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:13 pm »

No he wasnt.

Lucas didn't play well today - but he played consistantly at a very high level for almost the whole of last season with little/no rest, won the fans player of the year, and then had to fly to South America in the summer for another vital tournament for his country. No holiday, no rest, no time off, and pressure every game.

But you're right, he had a bit of an off day today - we should sell him.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #1020 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:37 pm »
Can't believe the things being said about Andy Carroll. It's not his fault if we end up launching it at his head when we're struggling. He showed what he was capable of with the excellent control and finish for the disallowed goal. Impeccably done, and shows what he's capable of.

We'll be better. Enrique was incredible I thought. Adam looked dangerous but his defensive work was off. Everyone looked pretty poor in the second half.

Dowd was awful, for both teams.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: August 13, 2011, 06:18:52 pm »
Is this picture from today?

Fuck sake...
87:13

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #1022 on: August 13, 2011, 06:19:19 pm »
If Kenny really wants to convert Kelly into CB, it's time to bring out Degen to backup Johnson.

I've read that 4 times now and I must be missing something. Is it English?

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #1023 on: August 13, 2011, 06:19:51 pm »

Fuck sake...

If it is then there's really no excuse as to why he wasn't in the starting line up. Kenny out!

Offline Samvice

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1024 on: August 13, 2011, 06:20:04 pm »
If Kenny really wants to convert Kelly into CB, it's time to bring out Degen to backup Johnson.

That is, if someone in the club still has his phone number...

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: August 13, 2011, 06:20:10 pm »
First point, which people can't seem to get through their head:  We didn't pay 35 million for Carroll.  Chelsea did.  Torres' price was always whatever Newcastle wanted for Carroll + 15 million. 

that's a load of bollocks mate...we could have bought aguero with that sort of money. so chelsea could have paid for aguero for us and not carroll. still think carroll will come good, but that is not a good enough excuse.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #1026 on: August 13, 2011, 06:20:18 pm »
Chelsea paid nothing for carroll stop kidding yourself we were going to get what ever we asked for torress either way. We paid over the odds by a whole lot for carroll, money that could have been spent on a real class foward not another average old fashioned no9. There is a reason why they called old fashioned no.9's because there is no place in modern foootball for them

hard to understand how some cannot fathom the concept that we did indeed pay newcastlte 35 million.
Fernando Llorente could have been signed for 35million this summer.

As I said i hope to god Carroll proves me wrong.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1027 on: August 13, 2011, 06:20:19 pm »

Fuck sake...
Bad effort at humour.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: August 13, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »
Just on way back from the match. Some genuinely impressive football in the first-half but didn't deal with Sunderland's recovery in the second. Thought they started to make it count in midfield in the second.

Was most impressed with some of the fluidity. I was confused by how Meireles ended up on the left and Downing in the middle/right.  Certainly some teething problems but definite promise.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1029 on: August 13, 2011, 06:21:19 pm »

Fuck sake...

I dont get it.

Offline Rushys_Right_foot

• Main Stander
« Reply #1030 on: August 13, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »
Great 45 minutes :)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:23:34 pm by Rushys_Right_foot »

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1031 on: August 13, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »
and you wonder why hugh heifner gets the busty blondes and you dont eh...you should wake up and smell the money once in awhile. why do you think the owners greatest concern is the fair play rules. because money talks and cheap players walks. denial is such a great think as a liverpool fan.

:duh
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
« Reply #1032 on: August 13, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »
You cannot play Aquilani deep as part of a 2. He is a good player but he is only going to succeed in England where he has little defensive responsibilty. When we don't have possession Aquilani is about as useful as tits on a nun, in a deep lying midfield role.

Agree about Adam though. With Carra playing too we need better defensive cover in midfield. The defence needs babysitting.
When we don't have the ball Adam is ineffective. Lucas was stretched to the limit today. He will be very important to us this season and will get better with age in my opinion.

yes i agree aquilani is prone to defensive duties but his creativity makes up for it with goals conversion ratio and assist. I was thinking gerrard would be the new DM with aqua pairing...lucas did all he can. he performs better when he has a quality partner because he lacks pace to be the foil at times. he is a good midfielder albiet not a great one.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: August 13, 2011, 06:22:03 pm »

Yeah, because you know all about my personal life from one post. I'll have you know I'm a low key Charlie Sheen.

Hyypia- 1m
Benayoun - 5m
Aurelio - free
Hernandes - 8m
Van der Vaart - 8m
Reina - 8m
Agger- 7m

Just impossible to get good players for under 10m these days isn't it?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1034 on: August 13, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »
hard to understand how some cannot fathom the concept that we did indeed pay newcastlte 35 million.
Fernando Llorente could have been signed for 35million this summer.

As I said i hope to god Carroll proves me wrong.

' And the hits just keep on coming '

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: August 13, 2011, 06:22:44 pm »
Very disappointed with our second half performance, although we should have been more than 1-0 up by then. We resorted to 'hoof ball' tactics again near the end of the match. We need a result at Arsenal next week.

Oh, and the ref was shite.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1036 on: August 13, 2011, 06:22:56 pm »
Watching Arsenal here, they look genuinely unimpressive. 4th is definitely attainable after watching that.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: August 13, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »
I still don't know why Aquilani didn't play,he could bring the creativity our midfield lacks.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1038 on: August 13, 2011, 06:24:19 pm »
Watching Arsenal here, they look genuinely unimpressive. 4th is definitely attainable after watching that.

They at it again, dominating possession with no end product ??

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: August 13, 2011, 06:24:48 pm »
Incidentally, Carroll was excellent on the ground. Class link up play + being a battering ram. We didn't get much joy in the air with him but I thought we sought that option too early and too often.