Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 v West Ham 0 Nunez 21  (Read 18364 times)

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 v West Ham 0 Nunez 21
« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2022, 10:18:57 pm »
Declan Rice very much feels like a Zaha - good enough for a certain level but not above, but plays in London so beloved way WAY beyond their skill.

The idea, as seems to be pushed by the English media, that he is one of the best midfielders in the world, is fucking ludicrous

Who said he’s one of the best in the world, he’s a good player that’s it really.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2022, 10:20:41 pm »
Exactly where I am with Declan Rice. He’s better than I thought he was, but not £100m levels better.

If he was available for £50m then yeah he’d make a good DM but he isn’t a £100m transformative footballer.

Rice has a contract until the end of next season and has made it clear he wont be signing a new one. He isn't a £100m DM but then who is ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #322 on: October 19, 2022, 10:21:48 pm »
"Henderson also had a low cross diverted onto his own crossbar by Kurt Zouma, who injured himself in the process. “That’s how your cat feels,” sang the Kop as the defender received lengthy treatment."

heh heh heh
Yep had a little chuckle at that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2022, 10:24:05 pm »
Chelsea v United and Spurs v Newcastle at weekend.

Important we get 3 points on board against Forest.
Yeah, nice fixtures. Good chance we go ahead of the mancs on GD.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2022, 10:24:06 pm »
Strange game that and not just the diametrically opposed method of refereeing compared to taylor, WH players realised fall over and he gives fouls.

Nice to see Klopp walk over to Davey when they were warming up and give him a hug near the centre circle, Im sure he was saying thanks for agreeing with me about that shit manc taylor!

First half I thought we were very good, Nunez unlucky not to get 2 or 3 and should really have given Mo a tap in too.

Second half we were shite, couldn't keep the ball, couldn't pass the ball, don't think the changes helped, particularly Thiago but we started the second half quite poorly too, but got progressively worse. It felt like when Salah drifted out to the wings we had no one in a forward position and we just kept inviting them on. If Moyes had gambled a little earlier it could have been worse.

As for their pen, looked soft but havent seen t back, still great save from ali and 3 points.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2022, 10:24:49 pm »
"Henderson also had a low cross diverted onto his own crossbar by Kurt Zouma, who injured himself in the process. “That’s how your cat feels,” sang the Kop as the defender received lengthy treatment."

heh heh heh

:lmao

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #326 on: October 19, 2022, 10:32:45 pm »
He is a talent.

80 passes tonight with a 95% success rate. There is a space between the hype and the reality and he is a good player.

Where do you get these stats?

I would like to see too.
Phuk yoo

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #327 on: October 19, 2022, 10:40:31 pm »
Where do you get these stats?

I would like to see too.

Opta.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 19, 2022, 10:43:14 pm »
Is that reason because the England coach is a blithering idiot? Because it certainly could be. Did a pretty good job unsettling his best right back and now doesn't have any right backs lol.

Yep. The same muppet thinks Trippier is better than one of the greatest right backs I've ever seen. Him picking Rice over Henderson means precisely fuck all.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #329 on: October 19, 2022, 10:44:10 pm »
Yep. The same muppet thinks Trippier is better than one of the greatest right backs I've ever seen. Him picking Rice over Henderson means precisely fuck all.

Who would you pick out of Hendo or Rice ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #330 on: October 19, 2022, 10:46:05 pm »
Opta.

What were Henderson's passing, tackling and interception numbers today?

Phuk yoo

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 19, 2022, 10:49:40 pm »
Who would you pick out of Hendo or Rice ?

Henderson. And I'm not just saying that. The traitorous c*nt (guess where I'm from) is good, but ridiculously overhyped. Henderson, even at his age, has more strings to his bow, and is a proper leader. Rice will obviously be better than Henderson once Jordan's legs go completely, but for now, I wouldn't swap them.

Edit - also, the idea that Rice is some precocious teenage 'talent' is bollocks. He'll be 24 in a couple of months. He's no kid and is very much in his prime years. He'll eventually play for a big club, but I'll be astonished if he ever achieves what Henderson has in the game.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 10:52:48 pm by decosabute »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #332 on: October 19, 2022, 10:50:28 pm »
What were Henderson's passing, tackling and interception numbers today?

Hendo 95 passes at 84.2% with 1 interception.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #333 on: October 19, 2022, 10:51:45 pm »
coming out with a win after that will do them the world of good.We would have drawn that a few weeks ago. I fucking love Darwin.
YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #334 on: October 19, 2022, 10:53:20 pm »
Henderson. And I'm not just saying that. The traitorous c*nt (guess where I'm from) is good, but ridiculously overhyped. Henderson, even at his age, has more strings to his bow, and is a proper leader. Rice will obviously be better than Henderson once Jordan's legs go completely, but for now, I wouldn't swap them.

Rice is 23 and Hendo is 32. I would take Rice in a heartbeat.

As for the Hendo comparisons I think a better one would be with Fabinho as they are both pure 6's.

Regarding who will achieve more that doesn't matter it is all about who is currently the better player. For me Rice is way over valued but almost the perfect Klopp 6.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 10:55:22 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #335 on: October 19, 2022, 11:02:26 pm »
I agree with others here that after the win on Sunday then just getting the 3 points by any means necessary was all that mattered.

With that said the game was basically a microcosm of our season in that it highlighted all the reasons we've fallen from being a title contender to now just being a top 4 contender.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #336 on: October 19, 2022, 11:04:02 pm »
Hendo 95 passes at 84.2% with 1 interception.
Cheers
Phuk yoo

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 19, 2022, 11:19:09 pm »
I'm thinking Arsenal will fall off soon. So, we are 7 points behind City.

It's still on.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 19, 2022, 11:19:28 pm »
A draw or better against Ajax and we might finally have a little bit of breathing room, with the game against Napoli then not mattering much and the league cup game against Derby offering a chance for heavy rotation.

Forest first though, hopefully they can maintain the complete disarray in their play for the weekend.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2022, 11:28:31 pm »
What the fuck is that penalty overturn about from var

It’s literally nothing. Total coming together

That’s fucking sickening. Unlucky cheats
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 19, 2022, 11:36:59 pm »
What the fuck is that penalty overturn about from var

It’s literally nothing. Total coming together

That’s fucking sickening. Unlucky cheats

It's not nothing – it was clumsy from Joe. I don't think we could've had any complaints if it was given in the moment, it's probably one of those that gets given 40% of the time. But for to meet the bar of a clear and obvious mistake is ridiculous.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #341 on: October 19, 2022, 11:39:18 pm »
A draw or better against Ajax and we might finally have a little bit of breathing room, with the game against Napoli then not mattering much and the league cup game against Derby offering a chance for heavy rotation.

Forest first though, hopefully they can maintain the complete disarray in their play for the weekend.

Tricky selections coming up. Forest is a potential banana skin, we’ll have to match any early fight they show.

Ajax - so we go as strong as can and sim to get the job done and give ourselves a free week against Napoli? Or do we make as many changes for Ajax as we feel we can, knowing we have another one up our sleeve should we need it? That said, couldn’t be arsed with another Napoli game where we had to get something.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 19, 2022, 11:41:01 pm »
Clear penalty for me, Gomez goes charging into his back at top speed without getting the ball. If that hadn't been given for us people would be apoplectic.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #343 on: October 19, 2022, 11:45:20 pm »
Just got in and have been reading through this thread. Been ordering a takeaway as well. But it's weird I meant to order a curry with naan but ended up changing my order for some reason...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 19, 2022, 11:47:31 pm »
Tricky selections coming up. Forest is a potential banana skin, we’ll have to match any early fight they show.

Ajax - so we go as strong as can and sim to get the job done and give ourselves a free week against Napoli? Or do we make as many changes for Ajax as we feel we can, knowing we have another one up our sleeve should we need it? That said, couldn’t be arsed with another Napoli game where we had to get something.

I think we go full strength against Ajax, they're not that great and if we can get a couple of goals ahead we can rotate pretty heavily in the second half and just rest on the ball a bit.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #345 on: October 19, 2022, 11:50:12 pm »
It's not nothing – it was clumsy from Joe. I don't think we could've had any complaints if it was given in the moment, it's probably one of those that gets given 40% of the time. But for to meet the bar of a clear and obvious mistake is ridiculous.

It has so many reasons not to give a penalty, it is untrue. Bowen has done well to get ahead of Gomez and has attempted to chest the ball down. There is absolutely no chance of a goal in that position. It is the exact type of genuine contact that the League is looking for. 

If you are going to allow contact then those are the exact decisions that you have to let go. Split second impacts that have very little impact on the game.

Bowen has a 0.00001 xG that has been turned into a 0.76 xG. Bowen is going away from goal has no threat and isn't looking to play a teammate in.

The overturn was idiotic.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #346 on: October 20, 2022, 12:09:38 am »
It's not nothing – it was clumsy from Joe. I don't think we could've had any complaints if it was given in the moment, it's probably one of those that gets given 40% of the time. But for to meet the bar of a clear and obvious mistake is ridiculous.
That’s kinda where I was with it. Clumsy unnecessary challenge from Joe, but Bowen seemingly let his legs go from under him and it felt a bit soft to me. But in real time I thought he was in trouble and as soon as VAR got involved it was obvious the ref was going to be called to the monitor.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 20, 2022, 12:12:48 am »
those are the sort of pens that get given against us but never for us

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #348 on: October 20, 2022, 12:36:11 am »
Strong first half performance up until the last 5 minutes. Incredibly nervy at the end, but we got the much needed 3 points. Credit to Milner for that block.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #349 on: October 20, 2022, 12:52:58 am »
Rice is 23 and Hendo is 32. I would take Rice in a heartbeat.

As for the Hendo comparisons I think a better one would be with Fabinho as they are both pure 6's.

Regarding who will achieve more that doesn't matter it is all about who is currently the better player. For me Rice is way over valued but almost the perfect Klopp 6.

Rice is a good player in a Moyes/Southgate system where you sit back with two #6 and defend like hell and hope to nick a counter attack.

As much as I can see, Jurgen doesn't play that system. So not sure how Rice become a "perfect Klopp 6".

Stuck on his own as a #6, I don't see how he is better than Fabinho or Henderson.

The difference between Hendo and Rice is that Hendo fulfills many roles for Jurgen. A #6, a #8. Hell, even RB or CB. Rice isn't in the same league doing all the rolls Hendo does.

Then we get to Captain material, Hendo is Jurgens go to on field General. Jordan makes sure the team is doing what Jurgen wants. Anyone going to the match "hears" Jordan. His teammates comment on Jordans leadership. Because Jordan has the brain and match intelligence to be Jurgens General.

Rice isn't fit to wear Jordans boots.

But that is just one man's opinion.

Could Rice play for Liverpool, yes. Would he be a guaranteed starter, no. Could he develop his game to be equal to the level Jordan is at. Not imho.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #350 on: October 20, 2022, 01:12:41 am »
I'm thinking Arsenal will fall off soon. So, we are 7 points behind City.

It's still on.

I like your attitude. At the end of the day, if we were up by ten points right now, we'd be telling ourselves that the title isn't won in October and we just need to keep winning as many points as we can. So, for me, it should be the same in the situation we're currently in. All we can do is do as well as we can in all the games that remain this season and then see where we end up with the points we've won.

Sadly, I couldn't watch the match, but glad to hear that Nunez scored (a fine goal BTW) and was doing well and we got the three points. That's all that matters right now. We're in a difficult situation as a team, but if we keep winning (even if it's grinding out wins) things will get better.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #351 on: October 20, 2022, 01:57:26 am »
those are the sort of pens that get given against us but never for us
So true. And if by some miracle we were awarded it the outcry from the sports media and opposition fans would be deafening. If it was Salah that was awarded it (no sniggering at the back) he'd be slaughtered for going down far too easily and labelled a cheat.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #352 on: October 20, 2022, 04:36:16 am »
fuck it lads, our squad needs refreshing as we’re looking a bit old, and hasn’t Ox been gone for ages?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 20, 2022, 04:37:44 am »
It wasn't a great game by any stretch - West Ham were awful and have been all season - and we still have a myriad of problems to solve, but it's 2 wins in a row and that's how you grow your confidence flower. :lickin

Watching the game on the tele I distinctly heard Henderson barking at Salah "move your feet!" ...made me laugh and shows what we miss when Henderson isn't out there leading. 

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #354 on: October 20, 2022, 05:34:12 am »
Loved how Darwin Nunez silenced the West Ham fans with a goal when they were halfway through a rendition of GSTK. :D

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #355 on: October 20, 2022, 05:53:08 am »
Darwin Núñez has been recorded moving at 38km/h this evening, the fastest speed recorded by a player in the Premier League this season.
Faster than Ronaldo leaving Old Trafford early last night?
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #356 on: October 20, 2022, 06:20:07 am »
So this time last week we were 13 behind City.

Down to 7 now
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: October 20, 2022, 06:24:01 am »
It has so many reasons not to give a penalty, it is untrue. Bowen has done well to get ahead of Gomez and has attempted to chest the ball down. There is absolutely no chance of a goal in that position. It is the exact type of genuine contact that the League is looking for. 

If you are going to allow contact then those are the exact decisions that you have to let go. Split second impacts that have very little impact on the game.

Bowen has a 0.00001 xG that has been turned into a 0.76 xG. Bowen is going away from goal has no threat and isn't looking to play a teammate in.

The overturn was idiotic.

Look at this absolute mental gymnastics. Direction of the player and xG absolutely irrelevant to everything. Hip to the shoulder is absolutely not the type of contact the league is trying to let go.

It's a dumb challenge by Joe and was a clear foul, and was shocked it wasn't whistled initially.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: October 20, 2022, 06:25:26 am »
Mid-week round of games so often a total turd as all the players cannot lift it again - this round looked entirely the same.

We were atrocious. West Ham were worse. It was like watching early era Rafa team, waiting for the inevitable equaliser. Thankfully it didn't come.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #359 on: October 20, 2022, 06:57:15 am »
It wasn't pretty at times, but sometimes grinding out a 1-0 win is what's needed.

Nunez was lively, and great to see him get his Anfield goal and hear the noise. Alisson was imperious and protected our lead as he does so often. Good to see Jones back and Ox on the bench - plenty of rotation options between now and the world cup.

After our stuttering start and injuries this season, I think it's just about grinding out wins until the WC break, and then 6 weeks of rest, recovery, and preparation for most of the squad, so we can get as many players back as possible by Christmas.

There were some sketchy moments and it wasn't quite the imperious performance of Sunday, but at this point all that matters is not conceding first, a clean sheet, and 3 points. The consistency will come, and the table certainly looks a lot better than it did a week ago.

Oh, and whisper it quietly - we're 7 points behind City with 28 games left and 84 points still to play for. Last season we reeled in a 14-point gap with only a third of the season remaining.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.