Author Topic: New Kelvin MacKenzie e-mails please after second programme slurs Liverpool  (Read 45952 times)

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Simon,
As a regular FiveLive listener, I was hugely disappointed to hear the advert for the upcoming "Kelvin McKenzies World Cup Scandals".

Not only does this represent a dumbing down of the FiveLive output to tabloid journalism levels, but the programme is to be fronted by one of the most contemptible "journalists" ever to walk the earth. McKenzie is a reknownwed liar who still refuses to aoplogise for the untruths he published about the Hillsborough tragedy in 1989. I do not care to list the vast number of lies he has spread in his capacity as a newspaper editor and it is unacceptable that a respected station such as FiveLive should offer this guttersnipe a platform to air his worthless views. This man is about to lose your station a great many listeners.

Although the BBC's broadcasting output seems to becoming more trashy by the week, this represents an unacceptable drop in quality and I believe it is entirely inappropriate to have McKenzie fronting a show which is designed to peddle lies and half truths originating from the gutter press.

I will not be listening to FiveLive again until I read that that scumbag's show has been cancelled. I hope your show goes well this afternoon, although of course, I won't be listening.

Kind Regards,

Phil Clark
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
Have just sent off an email via the general complaints to the BBC

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Great to see so many getting involved. They haven't played the trailer for 3½ hours, which is a good sign. Yesterday it was on more often than that.

Till we hear it again maybe best to e-mail general BBC complaints by following this  link, rather than the 5 Live programmes. Everything helps though !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint_step1.shtml

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 12:40:12 pm by nige »

Offline Jim Price

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Complaint sent.

hoonin

Oi... Mayo....you got Mailyo!

Email sent, more in response to the condescending reply to the intial complaints. In suggesting that c*nt is "an expert in football abd scandal" amouts to nothing more than an insult to peoples intelligence and to those who have suffered at his hands.

Also asked if the "football scandal" that his reporting on Hillsborough would be covered, given its no more a tenuous link to the WC than re-hashing year old stories on Rooneys private life.

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mail sent through BBC website.  Keep em coming.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan

This fucker gettin hired for this subject.  It's like a joke, and one in very poor taste.  Good idea nige.

Have sent an email. 

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Email sent.

Come on everyone, do your bit!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline unny

• Quack
  • Main Stander
  • jft96
Kelvin MacKenzie hired to present a programme on football scandals. Un fucking real. Complaint sent through BBC complaints dept and a campaign to oust this sewer rat now underway in Brighton.

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
Just sent an email to both victoria@bbc.co.uk and mayo@bbc.co.uk. How can the BBC possibly justify employing such a horrible vile little man as MacKenzie.

We can stop this show. Come on Reds. EVERYONE send one in.

Offline Rickson Gracie

• Anny Roader
  • That's it 3-0 - game well and truly over!
I thought I give my complaint a Points of View feel - ;D

I am totally disgusted that my licence fee is being used to employ the lowest of the gutter press in the reprehensible shape of Kelvin McKenzie. At least with the Sun, as a consumer I had a choice not to contribute to wages of the people of his ilk who peddle garbage and filth. But to find the licence fee is contributing this vile man's already huge bank balance is beyond the pale. What next for the beeb - Topless darts!

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Anyone know if any of our complaints have been mentioned on air yet? Or is it just getting brushed under the carpet as usual?
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline axb96m

• Hates foreigners
  • Anny Roader
  • Victim of mods
Complaint submitted
"Admittedly, Michelangelo has been dead for 441 years, and as such, the metaphor is slightly ill conceived; unless, of course, to even it out, the monkey has also been dead for 441 years –– in which case, the whole thing is just rather macabre: a dead artist, a dead monkey and two untouched pieces of clay..."

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
What next?  Gary Glitter hired by the BBC to be head of childcare?
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Submitted and asked for reply.

Just who in the BBC could want to employ such low life?

I will ask all family and friends to complain.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Email sent
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline GaryM

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Email and text sent.
"There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team ... For that I admire Liverpool more than anything" Johan Cryuff

Offline Ku007

• Main Stander
  • Have that you horrible inbred bastard!!
Email and two texts sent, one from own phone one from work

Anybody listening and heard any mentions of our messages?
One man team my arse

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Complaint sent. That's our fucking money they are paying the c*nt with. :wanker
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Sent my complaint.

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
The deed is done! :no

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
sent this :

Dear Five Live, I am very disappointed to hear of adverts for a programme about football scandal on Five Live presented by the former editor of the Sun, Kelvin Mackenzie, the man responsible for the story "Hillsborough : The Truth". I note from your website that the BBC's purpose and values are "to inform, educate and entertain","to serve everyone and enrich people's lives" and "to be the most creative, trusted organisation in the world." I suggest that employing this journalist, with his record of titilation and untruth, to present a show that sounds like pure trash, falls well below the standards the BBC sets itself.
Xerxes MBE

Offline Kirkby

• Main Stander
complaint sent
"The importance of sport is that it doesn't matter, except as an antidote to things that do." Michael Parkinson

Offline macca68

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
complaint e-mailed  >:(

Offline TheInquisition

• Main Stander
  • Educate the masses to HJC
Sent following via mayo as bbc complaints server error!!!
Sirs
How on earth can you  put a man {?} on a show who has destroyed so many peoples lives whilst working at The Scum newspaper? Kelvin McKenzie on BBC?. How dare you spend licence fee payers money on this excuse of a man. You claim, "...Kelvin MacKenzie is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football." He is experienced in slur and racism and little else! What next Mr Le Penn on racial harmony?
I for one will cease to listen to my favoured station until this is rectified. Heads need to roll. Shame on you. Change your name too BBC Sunsport why don't you!
I would like a non bog standard reply too thank you very much. I am enraged!!

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
done.

Dear BBC,

As a regular listener to Radio 5 Live I am disgusted to hear that you have commissioned a program involving Kelvin Mackenzie. Could you please enlighten me as to what possible credentials you feel this man has to bring to the BBC ? I was always under the impression that the BBC was dedicated to quality broadcasting, yet this man is the lowest of the low, responsible for causing distress and hurt to many people during his lifetime, most notably the bereaved families of the Hillsborough Tragedy, yet you feel it appropriate not only to employ the man but have him make a program about football and scandal? Please BBC for the sake of quality broadcasting do not air this show or you will have lost a very loyal listener. Please do not give me a bog standard reply and address my points as listed.

Thank you
David Gill
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Dear BBC,

Kelvin McKenzie is a cock.

Thank you,

Brian.

(Sent a serious one really. Thanks for posting it nige.)

Offline Keg

• wanted Rafa out two years ago
  • Kopite
Done...sent one to that victoria who i assume regularly does mornings. Mckenzie is obviously a sorry pathetic bastard and even 5 seconds on the airwaves is far too much for the lowlife.
96 Never forgotten. R.I.P.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
Went a bit overboard on propping up the BBCs journalistic pretensions in this, but hopefully it will strike a chord:

------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

As a football fan and a license payer I am absolutely appalled that the BBC would stoop to employing Kelvin McKenzie for Radio Five Live broadcasting.

I generally enjoy the quality of programming on this station and approve of the reasonably high journalistic standards of the BBC, but this man is to journalistic integrity what Hitler was to international peace and stability.

With his track record in misreporting the Hillsborough tragedy, stirring up nationalistic and frankly racist feelings against Germany when we face them in sporting competitions, and the dumbing down of radio he has been responsible for with Talksport, I would have hoped he would be the last person to benefit from my license fee.

In my opinion this seriously reduces the integrity of the BBC as a journalistic entity and I will be boycotting your programming whilst this man is employed by you as well as complaining long and loud to anyone who will listen, including but not limited to my local MP.

Please do not send me your form response to this letter. I would like you instead to justify precisely what tabloid experience you think this oik has which makes him a valuable resource to your listeners rather than just providing a dumbing down of your programming. I honestly fail to see what items on his CV you think would qualify him to work for a quality broadcasting outfit. I don't think you can justify it, and the form response on your complaints website is frankly inadequate.

Given that we have little enough choice what the license fee is spent on, it still behoves me to make my feelings heard about this move by the BBC which I find absolutely horrifying in its naivete and insensitivity. I would have hoped you valued your listeners more than this.

Yours sincerely,
etc.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 03:12:23 pm by zigackly »
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
Sad to see that they've disabled registrations for the Points of View message boards.

Sent an official complaint email, and will now contact friends in radio at the BBC to let them know how I feel.

Top tip: if you're one of the few Liverpool fans who actually lives in Liverpool, pick a Home Counties or Manchester postcode when you submit your complaint.

Offline paulcompton

• Doesn't trust Rafa
  • Legacy Fan
Cant get BBC 5, dont pay a licence fee but hey every little helps....

"Considering Kelvin McKenzie's normal target audience it is deplorable that the BBC now deems him an appropriate guest presenter on Radio 5. The BBC is a bastion of responsible journalism and this it appears, is a serious error of judgement. "

Sent.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Mails sent to Victoria and Mayo (thanks for the advice Nige)  :-*

Also, as my computer connection was being evil this morning, also rang 5 Live and got three mates to do so as well (and they also sent mails).  None of us got on, but we were assured that our complaints would be passed on.  More mates and family altered and they will mail and phone also.

Well done Nige for setting up this thread.  :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Well folks - good work everyone (and it's not just us of course ) - it seems we've seen that  trailer off daytime 5 Live .... be interesting to see if they run it tonight.

The actual 1st programme is  19.30-20.30  tomorrow.

We could do with even more people to e-mail and text  after 8.30pm  tomorrow & anytime  Sunday (with different e-mail addresses and  moby numbers to those who've already told the BBC  they aren't going to listen !!) .

Let's  get  some impressive  complaints statistics on Senior Beeb Managers' desks on Monday morning.

Wonder if Stephen Nolan's producers  would take any calls complaining about the show live on  their 10pm-1am  Saturday Night slot ?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:19:51 pm by nige »

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Has anyone got this on other LFC forums by the way? I don't have logins to any others, but the more people complaining the merrier.

EDIT: just starting one on the e-season forum on the official site.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 03:57:53 pm by zigackly »

Offline ronster500

• Main Stander
will this do...

[rant start]
Regarding the outrageous decision to give Kelvin Mackenzie air time on the BBC: As a Liverpool supporter I resent and object in the strongest possible terms to this man being given airtime. In his capacity as editor of the 'Sun' newspaper (a term used loosely) he succeeded in blackening the name of an entire city, and published lies about Liverpool fans which to this day still have to be challenged, on behalf of the 96 fans who are no longer here to do so. As the BBC is funded by the licence payer, i.e. each and every one of us, I am frankly disgusted and horrified that your controller saw fit to employ this sleazy, lying, odious, and utterly reprehensible creep. If you have any decency left you will pull this programme from the schedules and apologise to those so offended. Please do not issue a 'standardised reply'.
 [/rant end]

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Has anyone got this on other LFC forums by the way? I don't have logins to any others, but the more people complaining the merrier.

EDIT: just starting one on the e-season forum on the official site.

Well yes, but we need a  balance of quality and quantity, otherwise it's very easy to trace the profile of the complainants, and dismiss it,  as a 'Liverpool supporters' internet campaign', which can be perceived wrongly about being about  an old grudge.

As a proportion, the fewer of us who mention specific issues and localities  in this case the better. Try to sound like Joe Public who feels his or her  regular station might be going down the pan - some very good examples in this thread.

It is also important to keep making the point about not copying and pasting other people's messages or sending multiple messages from the same e-mail / mobile. All these stats are compiled.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:09:11 pm by nige »

Offline woozie

• Legacy Fan
will this do...

[rant start]
Regarding the outrageous decision to give Kelvin Mackenzie air time on the BBC: As a Liverpool supporter I resent and object in the strongest possible terms to this man being given airtime. In his capacity as editor of the 'Sun' newspaper (a term used loosely) he succeeded in blackening the name of an entire city, and published lies about Liverpool fans which to this day still have to be challenged, on behalf of the 96 fans who are no longer here to do so. As the BBC is funded by the licence payer, i.e. each and every one of us, I am frankly disgusted and horrified that your controller saw fit to employ this sleazy, lying, odious, and utterly reprehensible creep. If you have any decency left you will pull this programme from the schedules and apologise to those so offended. Please do not issue a 'standardised reply'.
 [/rant end]

thats good that mate, i cant write like that but im gonna give it ago!
PARRY OUT.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well yes, but we need a  balance of quality and quantity, otherwise it's very easy to trace the profile of the complainants, and dismiss it,  as a 'Liverpool supporters' internet campaign', which can be perceived wrongly about being about  an old grudge.

As a proportion, the fewer of us who mention specific issues and localities  in this case the better.

It is also important to keep making the point about not copying and pasting other people's messages or sending multiple messages from the same e-mail / mobile. All these stats are compiled.

Fair point, but I'd already started one on the official site before you posted this.

I have added to it with your ideas, so hopefully that will increase the variation in the complaints.

One point I would make nige is that as license payers we all have a right to complain irregardless of our status as Liverpool supporters and the BBC has a responsibility to take our complaints seriously regardless of the fact we are to them a minority demographic.

If it was a race or sex issue I'm sure they would not discount complaints from the affected minority.

EDIT: I've just been told this has already been done on the official site nige anyway.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:11:02 pm by zigackly »

Online NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
Five Live Drive now -

drive@bbc.co.uk
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Fair point, but I'd already started one on the official site before you posted this :-[

I have added to it with your ideas, so hopefully that will increase the variation in the complaints.

One point I would make nige is that as license payers we all have a right to complain irregardless of our status as Liverpool supporters and the BBC has a responsibility to take our complaints seriously regardless of the fact we are to them a minority demographic.

If it was a race or sex issue I'm sure they would not discount complaints from the affected minority.

Sure, but as soon as something is perceived to be a 'campaign' by zealots the attitude changes. The record for complaints to the Beeb was for "Jerry Springer the Opera" I believe - dismissed as a hysterical campaign by Christian nuts. Only about 2 weeks ago they were dismissing loads of calls and e-mails because they were all suspiciously coming from Surrey.  Something about Scientology was in the news and apparently that's where the Scientology HQ is.

Sorry about the comparisons with , errm .... bunches of nuts  :)

Anyway, good work mate, we're all pulling in the same direction here !   
JFT 96
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:17:02 pm by nige »