Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3576181 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #25840 on: April 29, 2024, 10:02:05 pm »
Is it confirmed we're going back to Adidas or just rumours?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #25841 on: April 29, 2024, 10:07:23 pm »
Is it confirmed we're going back to Adidas or just rumours?

Could be a while before anything official comes out. We'd be fools to announce it with 3 new kits on the way. For what it's worth The Mirror said we were "closing in" on a deal with Adidas so doesn't sound definitive.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25842 on: April 29, 2024, 10:17:13 pm »
Could be a while before anything official comes out. We'd be fools to announce it with 3 new kits on the way. For what it's worth The Mirror said we were "closing in" on a deal with Adidas so doesn't sound definitive.

Hope we make them pay through the nose to get us back, the c*nts were quick enough to fuck us off, fucking idiots.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25843 on: April 29, 2024, 10:53:10 pm »
Speaking of that kit, i'm sure that kit was all black with gold trim, but had to be paired with gold shorts/socks against Sunderland, that was the infamous beachball game too, & the goal should never have stood as the beachball is an outside object.

It was. I think it might have been the only time we wore the gold shorts and socks.

Just reminds me of the beach ball game, that black shirt/gold shorts combination. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25844 on: April 29, 2024, 11:55:45 pm »
I love this shirt when it came out [& still have it] but it reminds me of the owl. :(

Always reminds me of Danny Wilson for some reason

Online KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #25845 on: April 30, 2024, 12:23:48 am »
It is a bit shite.

But it does give me vibes of that early 80s kit that we won a few things in.

They could market it as a revision of a classic LFC kit from the 80s when radical pinstripes were introduced!

First thing I thought was Ronnie Whelan and Wembley (before my time mind)

Two favourite jerseys are both Adidas: the 89-91 home with the spiky pattern, and the 95-96 away with the quartered green and white (pity it was the cup final shirt, but the classiest top I think we've ever had...the home shirt of that season would have been great without that cricket collar).

The Euro '88 Dutch and CCCP jerseys by Adidas were great too. Similar to the '89 Liverpool home from the point of view of having an eye catching pattern.

Online StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #25846 on: April 30, 2024, 02:49:04 am »
It seems they weren't willing to pay like Nike or Adidas probably, but I really liked all the New Balance designs.  The 18-19 home ones with the collar is maybe my all-time favorite with the possible exception of the 86-87 kit (which I had to buy in a S because it was the last one in the shop.  It barely fit then and I'm only 50 pounds heavier now.)

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #25847 on: April 30, 2024, 06:02:19 am »
Always reminds me of Danny Wilson for some reason

Mary's Prayer was a boss tune!
We are Liverpool!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #25848 on: April 30, 2024, 07:22:20 am »
Say what you want about Nike but the home kicks of the last two seasons were excellent as was their debut home kit. So three out of 5 kits (the pink trim was shit) being good is a pretty decent record.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25849 on: April 30, 2024, 07:40:21 am »
Say what you want about Nike but the home kicks of the last two seasons were excellent as was their debut home kit. So three out of 5 kits (the pink trim was shit) being good is a pretty decent record.
They just shit the bed massively in this next, and hopefully their last season. Can't believe someone in the club actually signed off on that Noz Hyde-level monstrosity. Breaks the unwritten rule regarding home kits and really makes you wonder what the other rejected alternatives were?

Just waiting for the complete meltdown when the white socks are confirmed.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:42:15 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25850 on: April 30, 2024, 09:53:57 am »
It was. I think it might have been the only time we wore the gold shorts and socks.

The photo is from Old Trafford after he scored. So it's at least twice.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25851 on: April 30, 2024, 10:15:56 am »
They just shit the bed massively in this next, and hopefully their last season. Can't believe someone in the club actually signed off on that Noz Hyde-level monstrosity. Breaks the unwritten rule regarding home kits and really makes you wonder what the other rejected alternatives were?

it'd have gone through multiple levels of approval at nike and then i believe the club are presented 'versions' of similar designs. you'd have thought someone in these teams would have realised it's...not a great kit...  ;D
YNWA.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #25852 on: April 30, 2024, 10:37:10 am »
it'd have gone through multiple levels of approval at nike and then i believe the club are presented 'versions' of similar designs. you'd have thought someone in these teams would have realised it's...not a great kit...  ;D

How bad were the rejects?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #25853 on: April 30, 2024, 11:18:16 am »
If it had a normal collar, it would be fine.  But it completely ruins the whole kit.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25854 on: April 30, 2024, 12:13:10 pm »
The collar makes me itch just looking at it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25855 on: April 30, 2024, 12:13:13 pm »

That's the worst home kit since adidas 10/12 home kit, & that includes the 14/15 home kit which was quite bad too.

On another note, nike are getting loads of vitriol in the US over the new MLB uniforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Major_League_Baseball_uniform_controversy
#Sausages

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #25856 on: April 30, 2024, 04:31:00 pm »
I wonder, if the Adidas news is true, will we go back to having the official club badge on the shirts? The return of the LFC crest came with Warrior. Might it disappear now?

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #25857 on: April 30, 2024, 04:54:30 pm »
I wonder, if the Adidas news is true, will we go back to having the official club badge on the shirts? The return of the LFC crest came with Warrior. Might it disappear now?

I certainly hope not.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25858 on: April 30, 2024, 07:10:12 pm »
Hopefully they won't be wanting to come in and upset the fanbase from the off by pulling such a stroke.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #25859 on: May 1, 2024, 11:17:24 am »
I've spent every year on here since Nike took over defending them as they've made some lovely kits that people were ridiculously upset about.

I cannot defend that, It will definitely look better when it's worn on the pitch but even that can't save it. Just a terrible home kit, sad way to end our partnership with them.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25860 on: May 1, 2024, 11:24:05 am »
I've spent every year on here since Nike took over defending them as they've made some lovely kits that people were ridiculously upset about.

I cannot defend that, It will definitely look better when it's worn on the pitch but even that can't save it. Just a terrible home kit, sad way to end our partnership with them.
Welcome to the fold, Flash. I knew we'd pull you in eventually.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #25861 on: May 1, 2024, 12:31:35 pm »
Anyone else got the new home shirt and the collar feels well weird like its stuck down and not like a loose collar
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 12:42:11 pm by lfc_col »
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25862 on: May 1, 2024, 02:19:24 pm »
I know people get aghast at the silliest things over our kits, but I'm absolutely aghast at the thought of WHITE SOCKS.

I mean, what the fuck?!? I know the likes of Utd have sometimes gone white socks over black etc etc ... but fuck me, white socks looks awful on this. I hope and pray that they aren't white. You start fucking around with the make up of our full strip, it's a matter of time before you end up like Bayern who just have totally different colour kits and no-one knows what the fuck their home colours actually are.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25863 on: May 1, 2024, 02:32:30 pm »
Fear not my friend, the socks won't be white it's just a promo shot. Happens every single year with Nike.

EXHIBIT A

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25864 on: May 1, 2024, 02:33:59 pm »
Fear not my friend, the socks won't be white it's just a promo shot. Happens every single year with Nike.

EXHIBIT A

Ahhhhhh. Well that's a tiny bit of good news at least!
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25865 on: May 1, 2024, 03:36:38 pm »
Hope we make them pay through the nose to get us back, the c*nts were quick enough to fuck us off, fucking idiots.

Yeah, the cheerleading on here for them is strange after how they treated us. They'd better pay up.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25866 on: May 1, 2024, 04:10:47 pm »
Yeah, the cheerleading on here for them is strange after how they treated us. They'd better pay up.

Yep, it was "oh we've been with you for years but you're shit now so you can fuck off".

Didn't treat the fucking Mancs the same did they?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25867 on: May 1, 2024, 05:07:16 pm »
Yep, it was "oh we've been with you for years but you're shit now so you can fuck off".

Didn't treat the fucking Mancs the same did they?

I didn't know what you two were on about, so I searched. In other words, the chief executive told us that we weren't big enough and should take less money.

Adidas end Liverpool ties

Adidas have claimed they walked away from negotiations to renew their deal as Liverpool's kit suppliers because the team's performances were not good enough.

The German sportswear purveyors first produced The Reds' kit in 1985, but since falling out of the 'Big Four' to become 'a football team who don't qualify for Europe', Adidas chief executive Herbert Hainer no longer feels the deal represents good value for money. Adidas have supplied Liverpool's kit since 2006, but their chief executive Herbert Hainer said that the club had now overvalued their sponsorship worth given their poor results on the pitch.

"The gap between their performance on the field and what the number should be is not in balance," Hainer said.
"Then we said: 'OK we will not do it'. That's the end of the story. It all depends on the success and the effort and the popularity, the exposure on TV, revenue you can generate by merchandising.

"This all has to be brought in line between what you offer and what you get. We thought that what Liverpool were asking and what they were delivering was not in the right balance."

Warrior will supply home, away and third kits as well as training wear. Liverpool are famous for their red shirts.
Warrior were founded in 1992 by former champion lacrosse player David Morrow and have focused on supplying ice hockey and lacrosse footwear and kit. The company is owned by Boston-based New Balance, best known for its sports shoes.
"We are here to shake up the world of football and our partnership with one of the most successful club teams of all time is just the start," said Richard Wright, general manager for Warrior Sports.
Liverpool have won the league title 18 times and the European Cup five times and have a large global fan base.
However, they have not won the English league for more than two decades and have recently been eclipsed by north-west rivals Manchester United, who also have American owners in the shape of the Glazer family.

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25868 on: May 1, 2024, 08:09:04 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1785746006648164736

Home kit launch tomorrow at 8 am.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25869 on: May 1, 2024, 08:20:21 pm »

What's the unwritten rule?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25870 on: May 1, 2024, 10:10:29 pm »

I don't mind that. It has some retro feeling ...

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #25871 on: May 1, 2024, 11:01:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1785746006648164736

Home kit launch tomorrow at 8 am.

It really bothers me that the cup in that clip is so obviously empty. That's how weird I am...

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25873 on: May 2, 2024, 08:07:37 am »
Don’t understand why they decided to stop short of making it a full collar. It just looks weird. Otherwise is nice.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #25874 on: May 2, 2024, 08:08:25 am »
Having now seen the kit I like it, and as usual this place is silly with pre-reveal reactions, I believe firstly it was the YNWA badge behind our club badge, people kicked off about that for a while and it isn't even in the real kit, every season, moaning about fake kits online... it's actually alright?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #25875 on: May 2, 2024, 08:09:38 am »
Salah in the promo video! He's staying!!!
So is Darwin and Diaz.

No Gravenberch or Endo in the promo video so they are going to be sold.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25876 on: May 2, 2024, 08:09:50 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/photos-players-wear-2024-25-liverpool-home-kit-first-time

Photos of the players wearing it - anyone care to explain Mo’s giant clown trousers? Aside from that, looks good

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #25877 on: May 2, 2024, 08:14:56 am »
Having now seen the kit I like it, and as usual this place is silly with pre-reveal reactions, I believe firstly it was the YNWA badge behind our club badge, people kicked off about that for a while and it isn't even in the real kit, every season, moaning about fake kits online... it's actually alright?

The YNWA pinstripes look a lot more subtle in these pics, which they really needed to do. Will be interested to see if it remains that way seeing it in the flesh or if it's just clever photography.

The collar still let's it down but it's better on the players (as always).

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25878 on: May 2, 2024, 08:15:05 am »

The shield was real, they just took it off because it was shite.

Great promo shots, looks good on the players as always. Still think they coulda done without the weird pinstripe.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25879 on: May 2, 2024, 08:15:37 am »
I didn't know what you two were on about, so I searched. In other words, the chief executive told us that we weren't big enough and should take less money.

Just totally short sighted from Adidas. One of the world's biggest clubs, huge loyal fanbase, fans who brought Adidas trainees to the UK in the 70s and made the wearing of Adidas almost mandatory, new owners who'd brought baseball success to the Red Sox and were determined to do the same with us.

The last 9 years, the sales they've missed out on, not just on the shirts, but all the other kit too. I won't buy anything Nike, I think it's overpriced shite, all my t shirts and hoodies are Adidas, I dont own club stuff but I would buy shirts and shorts with the liverbird on.
Jurgen YNWA