Author Topic: Soccer Manager: The American Dream (Season 1) - It Begins...  (Read 34237 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Soccer Manager: The American Dream (Season 1) - It Begins...
« Reply #840 on: November 21, 2019, 09:34:55 pm »
I've had Tomori rise to 85. I was expecting higher due to him being a regular for Chelsea and in the England squad.
He'll go up to 88 in the winter reviews.
That was 3rd of november mate. If it's come up in your report it was probably a position change, but it still shows as a rating change. Was thinking how odd it is to rise him when the ratings are only round the corner but yeah should get 88

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #841 on: November 21, 2019, 09:45:55 pm »
That was 3rd of november mate. If it's come up in your report it was probably a position change, but it still shows as a rating change. Was thinking how odd it is to rise him when the ratings are only round the corner but yeah should get 88

They seem to not like rising players by too big a jump at once. So lately they've taken to giving hot property small mid-season bumps and then waiting for the next review to decide whether they're worth another jump. Quite nice to see actually. Tomorri looks odds on either way.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: November 24, 2019, 09:32:52 am »
Season starts today!

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #843 on: November 24, 2019, 04:27:30 pm »
TODAY IS THE DAY!

Betty's hot tips

Division 1

||| America de Cali - Title odds 1/3 |||

The second big wage spenders and the devil's of the GW (see their badge), with Suarez and Ramos leading the way I'm fairly sure there will be no Xmas cards for this lot.

Star man: Suarez
Wonderkids: Todd Cantwell?

||| Universidad de Chile - 4/1 |||

One of Sensible Soccer's finest recruits, Chris has already won out by drafting the original AMERICAN DREAM in Pulisic. While boasting a bonafide RAWK legend in Ricardo Quaresma. 

Star man: Alisson
Wonderkids: Rodrygo, Martinelli

||| Millonarios - 6/1 |||

Making the daring play of spending a whopping 40m on a keeper, Alex made some shrewd signings and stretchted the money out to create a squad both brimming with youth and with stars to help them remain competitive in the now. 

Star man: Fabinho
Wonderkids: Hudson-Odoi, Lucien Agoume

||| Bolivar - 8/1 |||

Originally believed to have accidentally picked a country rather than a club, it turns out Kesey was much smarter than all of us. His rivalry with Lawnmo's Earthquakes will surely be one of the highlights of the GW.

Star man: Ziyech
Wonderkids: Pedrinho, Leonidas Stergiou

||| San Jose Earthquakes - 8/1 |||

Taking a far more balanced approach amidst the peer pressure big spending, Lawnmo has built a side of future stars ready to either take the step to the next level or into the abyss. Time will tell.

Star man: Werner
Wonderkids: Zaniolo, Myron Boadu

||| CD Marathon - 20/1 |||

Sporting my favourite club badge in the whole GW, Rob has assembled a slow burner of a squad with players ready to rise to the next level in the coming seasons.

Star man: Lenglet
Wonderkids: Zagadou, Rice

||| Guadalajara - 80/1 |||

A late arrival to the GW, Jon was finally persuaded to join after a bribing scandal involving a departed former manager by the name of Flippity Flopp. Jon set about building a side in his vision. Snapping up all the youth players we'd hoped to grab later. The utter bastard. With vast sums of money still in the bank, expect him to break hearts if the next Mbappe ever comes along.

Star man: Oyarzabal
Wonderkids: All of them! Harvey Elliot especially.

||| Tigres UNAL - 100/1 |||

With a strategy of hoovering up all the best under 21 talents in world football, Mikey has built a team of tomorrow with cash aplenty for a xmas blow-out should he so desire.

Star man: Coman
Wonderkids: Haaland, Fati and pretty much the whole squad.

Division 2

||| Boca Juniors - 1/4 |||

The Galacticos of the Americas, Boca boast of a team of OAPs primed and ready to win promotion and rise to the top of the Gameworld. Watch out for Tevez and Villa's zimmerfra-gen pressing.

Star man: Pick any of about 8 players
Wonderkid: They have young players?

||| Colo Colo - 5/1 |||

Throwing the gauntlet down with the Salah-Firmino-Sancho dream attack, manager Betty quickly realised that he had no money left for the rest of his team and has turned to walking dead Andres Iniesta to prop up his midfield.

Star man: Mo Salah
Wonderkids: Odegaard, Kangin Lee.

||| The Strongest - 5/1 |||

Bolivia's finest bringing you the greatest u18s you've never heard of but wish you had. Led by Mbappe, Robertso Carlos, and the one-time love of Kesey's life Saul Niguez.

Star man: Mmmmbop
Wonderkids: Mount, Youssoufa Moukoko.

||| Botafogo - 6/1 |||

Dubbed Virgil's children. KL built his side around our very own big man, with a smattering of wonderkids and some extreme splurges on future superstars Frenkie De Jong and Hakimi.

Star man: Van Dijk, who else
Wonderkids: Tonali, Ki-Jana Hoever.

||| Newell's Old Boys - 15/1 |||

The dark horse's of the division. Manager Neil set out his stall early with a goalkeeper pick in round 1 - with echoes of POP's Bodo love - and gradually built a side that looks as much to the future as the present. One to watch.

Star man: Gnabry
Wonderkids: Aouar, Tomori.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: November 24, 2019, 04:47:30 pm »
Watch out for Tevez and Villa's zimmerfra-gen pressing.

Almost spilled my water laughing haha

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #845 on: November 24, 2019, 04:54:56 pm »
TODAY IS THE DAY!

Betty's hot tips

Division 1

||| America de Cali - Title odds 1/3 |||

The second big wage spenders and the devil's of the GW (see their badge), with Suarez and Ramos leading the way I'm fairly sure there will be no Xmas cards for this lot.

Star man: Suarez
Wonderkids: Todd Cantwell?

||| Universidad de Chile - 4/1 |||

One of Sensible Soccer's finest recruits, Chris has already won out by drafting the original AMERICAN DREAM in Pulisic. While boasting a bonafide RAWK legend in Ricardo Quaresma. 

Star man: Alisson
Wonderkids: Rodrygo, Martinelli

||| Millonarios - 6/1 |||

Making the daring play of spending a whopping 40m on a keeper, Alex made some shrewd signings and stretchted the money out to create a squad both brimming with youth and with stars to help them remain competitive in the now. 

Star man: Fabinho
Wonderkids: Hudson-Odoi, Lucien Agoume

||| Bolivar - 8/1 |||

Originally believed to have accidentally picked a country rather than a club, it turns out Kesey was much smarter than all of us. His rivalry with Lawnmo's Earthquakes will surely be one of the highlights of the GW.

Star man: Ziyech
Wonderkids: Pedrinho, Leonidas Stergiou

||| San Jose Earthquakes - 8/1 |||

Taking a far more balanced approach amidst the peer pressure big spending, Lawnmo has built a side of future stars ready to either take the step to the next level or into the abyss. Time will tell.

Star man: Werner
Wonderkids: Zaniolo, Myron Boadu

||| CD Marathon - 20/1 |||

Sporting my favourite club badge in the whole GW, Rob has assembled a slow burner of a squad with players ready to rise to the next level in the coming seasons.

Star man: Lenglet
Wonderkids: Zagadou, Rice

||| Guadalajara - 80/1 |||

A late arrival to the GW, Jon was finally persuaded to join after a bribing scandal involving a departed former manager by the name of Flippity Flopp. Jon set about building a side in his vision. Snapping up all the youth players we'd hoped to grab later. The utter bastard. With vast sums of money still in the bank, expect him to break hearts if the next Mbappe ever comes along.

Star man: Oyarzabal
Wonderkids: All of them! Harvey Elliot especially.

||| Tigres UNAL - 100/1 |||

With a strategy of hoovering up all the best under 21 talents in world football, Mikey has built a team of tomorrow with cash aplenty for a xmas blow-out should he so desire.

Star man: Coman
Wonderkids: Haaland, Fati and pretty much the whole squad.

Division 2

||| Boca Juniors - 1/4 |||

The Galacticos of the Americas, Boca boast of a team of OAPs primed and ready to win promotion and rise to the top of the Gameworld. Watch out for Tevez and Villa's zimmerfra-gen pressing.

||| Colo Colo - 5/1 |||

Throwing the gauntlet down with the Salah-Firmino-Sancho dream attack, manager Betty quickly realised that he had no money left for the rest of his team and has turned to walking dead Andres Iniesta to prop up his midfield.

Star man: Mo Salah
Wonderkids: Odegaard, Kangin Lee.

||| The Strongest - 5/1 |||

Bolivia's finest bringing you the greatest u18s you've never heard of but wish you had. Led by Mbappe, Robertso Carlos, and the one-time love of Kesey's life Saul Niguez.

Star man: Mmmmbop
Wonderkids: Mount, Youssoufa Moukoko.

||| Botafogo - 6/1 |||

Dubbed Virgil's children. KL built his side around our very own big man, with a smattering of wonderkids and some extreme splurges on future superstars Frenkie De Jong and Hakimi.

Star man: Van Dijk, who else
Wonderkids: Tonali, Ki-Jana Hoever.

||| Newell's Old Boys - 15/1 |||

The dark horse's of the division. Manager Neil set out his stall early with a goalkeeper pick in round 1 - with echoes of POP's Bodo love - and gradually built a side that looks as much to the future as the present. One to watch.

Star man: Gnabry
Wonderkids: Aouar, Tomori.

There will be earthquakes in his undies tonight mate.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: November 24, 2019, 04:58:01 pm »
My team is favourite for top division? I was hoping for top 4 🤐

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: November 24, 2019, 05:00:31 pm »
That is class Betty.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #848 on: November 24, 2019, 05:02:54 pm »

That was my favourite line of the lot  :D

My team is favourite for top division? I was hoping for top 4 🤐

Yours is the top rated team in division 1, mate! Plus you have the biggest squad. Big things are expected!

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: November 24, 2019, 05:03:40 pm »
Was very good ;D

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: November 24, 2019, 05:04:19 pm »
Yours is the top rated team in division 1, mate! Plus you have the biggest squad. Big things are expected!
Let me go about changing that then! 😉

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #851 on: November 24, 2019, 05:10:05 pm »
That's an absolutely fantastic post!

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Originally believed to have accidentally picked a country rather than a club
A late arrival to the GW, Jon was finally persuaded to join after a bribing scandal involving a departed former manager by the name of Flippity Flopp.

;D

Jon set about building a side in his vision. Snapping up all the youth players we'd hoped to grab later.

So true  :wanker :D

Here's big Virg rallying the troops ahead of tonight's game:

Looking forward to the season ahead. In a nice position where I'm happy to take a longer term approach to building my squad, but also quietly hopeful that we can spring a few surprises this season, especially if the review starts sooner rather than later. Interesting that the players' TBs don't expire until after the end of the season either. So unless you've some extra cash stored away, what you've got now is what you're stuck with for the whole season!

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #852 on: November 24, 2019, 05:24:34 pm »
That is class Betty.
That's an absolutely fantastic post!

Haha glad people are enjoying it. I spend way too much time on this!  :-X 

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #853 on: November 24, 2019, 05:26:42 pm »
Reports of a mole in the Botafogo dressing room as their tactics are leaked, hours before kick-off. Not pointing any fingers, but the mole's name rhymes with Scott McBobbinsay.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #854 on: November 24, 2019, 05:38:21 pm »
Reports of a mole in the Botafogo dressing room as their tactics are leaked, hours before kick-off. Not pointing any fingers, but the mole's name rhymes with Scott McBobbinsay.

:lmao

Just received this exclusive leak of defacto's line-up

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: November 24, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »

;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: November 24, 2019, 06:10:44 pm »

You're confusing this with my 2nd team  ;D ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: November 24, 2019, 08:32:25 pm »
Bovril leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: November 24, 2019, 08:33:18 pm »
Buckle in finance wise ladies

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: November 24, 2019, 09:16:32 pm »
Draw :butt
Buckle in finance wise
£1 mill decrease already ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #861 on: November 24, 2019, 09:37:44 pm »
Draw :butt

At least you didn't draw to an unmanaged  ;D  :boxhead

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #862 on: November 24, 2019, 10:10:21 pm »
Bovril leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Your keeper got a 9 and was man of the match. Go check his undies.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: November 24, 2019, 10:12:11 pm »
all of the above ^^^^^^^

:lmao  Brilliant stuff chaps!

At least you didn't draw to an unmanaged  ;D  :boxhead

Very strong for an unmanaged team, not looking forward to playing River Plate that's for sure.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #864 on: November 25, 2019, 07:35:54 am »
He's done it!!!! Just four minutes into our very first game and the captain steps out of defence to crack home an absolute thunderbastard of a strike, sending the home fans at the Estadio Nilton Santos into raptures.

Then somehow we found ourselves down to NINE players by the 20th minute  :o Frenkie de Jong banned for three games which is basically the entire season in this GW ;D Gonna have to bring McTominay into the starting XI now... *shudders*
Newell's (who also had a man sent off, what the hell was going on?!) fought back valiantly and will probably be a bit miffed they didn't come away with at least 1 point. But Hakimi had other plans, playing RB and LB wasn't enough for him so he decided to have a go up front as well, sealing the 3 points with a 76th minute winner.

Onwards to the next challenge, away to The Strongest. Hoping that's just one of those sarcastic nicknames rather than an actual description of their team...

P.S. Nilton Santos was great and everything and it's a great name for a stadium..... but how the fuck did they not name it after Garrincha instead?!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: November 25, 2019, 11:08:42 am »
P.S. Nilton Santos was great and everything and it's a great name for a stadium..... but how the fuck did they not name it after Garrincha instead?!
his personal life was a mess. and then that goat shite...

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #866 on: November 25, 2019, 11:24:25 am »
Very strong for an unmanaged team, not looking forward to playing River Plate that's for sure.

Yeah, true. That's why I put them in. Thought it would be good for us all to have a bit more of a challenge. Meanwhile Whitecaps refuse to stop bidding on random 91+ players, so I've had to take them over for now. Might be easier to just leave them dormant for the season. Cricket scores for all!

Yeah, there's definitely something up with injuries and red cards being ramped up in season 1 of a new GW. It happens way too often to be coincidence.

Loved seeing Virgil score for you guys. What a start! That Strongest-Botafogo game should be tasty. Fascinated to see how everyone's teams fair against eachother.

On another note, boy are they way behind with the reviews. Usually they'd have finished the big 5 second divisions and have started France or Germany by now. At this rate we probably won't see most rises happen until next season, which could leave quite a few of us very short in some positions. I'm currently fielding an 85 rated fullback while my best midfield and attacking subs are rated 86.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #867 on: November 25, 2019, 11:50:04 am »
I'm currently fielding an 85 rated fullback while my best midfield and attacking subs are rated 86.

I'm starting two 83 rated players, and none of my subs are rated higher than 83!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: November 25, 2019, 05:17:45 pm »
On another note, boy are they way behind with the reviews. Usually they'd have finished the big 5 second divisions and have started France or Germany by now. At this rate we probably won't see most rises happen until next season, which could leave quite a few of us very short in some positions. I'm currently fielding an 85 rated fullback while my best midfield and attacking subs are rated 86.
Muppets have been doing China forever now. Hoping they'll leave the second divisions till after the top leagues.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: November 25, 2019, 06:34:42 pm »
Positive - Ox scoring.
Negative - Already thinking of selling one of my players next season ;D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #870 on: November 25, 2019, 06:49:57 pm »
Just looking through some of the line-ups from last night, I love how shit everyone's team is  :lmao

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: November 25, 2019, 07:05:03 pm »
Just looking through some of the line-ups from last night, I love how shit everyone's team is  :lmao

Speak for yourselves, you peasants  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #872 on: November 25, 2019, 07:28:51 pm »
Speak for yourselves, you peasants  ;D

You'll be the pauper come end of season  :D

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: December 1, 2019, 04:35:02 pm »
Consistent. Two draws :butt

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #874 on: December 6, 2019, 06:43:06 am »
No idea how to play this game but sad to see my now local team Vancouver dont have a manager lol

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: December 6, 2019, 07:55:16 am »
No idea how to play this game but sad to see my now local team Vancouver dont have a manager lol
Join up! You have x amount of cash to buy x amount of players, all different values that fluctuate over the course of the year so you build a team, lots of wheeling and dealing, and navigating the economy of the gw. Your team plays 2 to 3 games a week against other managers in a simulation. You log on, see the result but the fun is in putting a team together and watching it grow.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2019, 08:01:58 am by Lawnmowerman »

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2019, 09:40:40 pm »
Top two playing tomorrow in division one.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #877 on: December 11, 2019, 10:08:49 pm »
Top two playing tomorrow in division one.

Same in division 2, funnily enough!

Looks like a good title race in the top division. My two favourites the leaders! Meanwhile my odds of promotion need changing to 50-1  :D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: December 12, 2019, 10:32:36 pm »
Same in division 2, funnily enough!

Looks like a good title race in the top division. My two favourites the leaders! Meanwhile my odds of promotion need changing to 50-1  :D
Shit I lost.