Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2099923 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #14040 on: March 5, 2020, 02:56:45 pm »
No pre-login on City games though

Demand isn't as high and if you can browse and then sign up it probably works better for them. We should have it on everything as it should reduce the load if you only get through the first hoop and into the queue if you qualify, if there's no specific sales on or whatever they might remove that step.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14041 on: March 5, 2020, 03:13:09 pm »
it’s gonna be a big test for this software, none of these club would be as popular as ours

Site shit the bed according to Reddit/Twitter for a Sounders FC sale in November which had a lot of interest. Testing is crucial.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #14042 on: March 5, 2020, 03:26:44 pm »
Site shit the bed according to Reddit/Twitter for a Sounders FC sale in November which had a lot of interest. Testing is crucial.
Sounders are well supported and if it was November I think it would’ve been for the playoff final which would’ve meant good interest so that’s not a great sign

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14043 on: March 5, 2020, 03:31:28 pm »
They've swapped a shit system for a shit system haven't they.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14044 on: March 5, 2020, 03:35:19 pm »

There will always be issues and as great it is supporting an elite club, the ticket demands is one of the drawbacks.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14045 on: March 5, 2020, 03:36:52 pm »
There will always be issues and as great it is supporting an elite club, the ticket demands is one of the drawbacks.
Yeah no complaints about demand it comes with the size of club and success and that makes us all happy but the ticket website should be top class with that too

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14046 on: March 5, 2020, 03:37:58 pm »
to be honest most ticket websites I’ve used outside Ticketmaster usually encounter some sort of problem somewhere along the line, and people complain about Ticketmaster all the time too

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14047 on: March 5, 2020, 03:39:37 pm »
I think the issue (And this goes for everything not just football) is that people who don’t get tickets usually blame the ticketing site first because that’s easier than admitting you were slow or just got unlucky. So the fact that loads of us get sorted but still have gripes about the site shows how bad it is

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14048 on: March 5, 2020, 03:45:01 pm »
I think the issue (And this goes for everything not just football) is that people who don’t get tickets usually blame the ticketing site first because that’s easier than admitting you were slow or just got unlucky. So the fact that loads of us get sorted but still have gripes about the site shows how bad it is

No the ticket site is shite and I have tickets for all home games this season.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14049 on: March 5, 2020, 03:45:16 pm »
Every system has a limit, let's just hope they've been load testing the fuck out of the new one.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14050 on: March 5, 2020, 03:52:56 pm »
No the ticket site is shite and I have tickets for all home games this season.
well I 100% agree and said this

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14051 on: March 5, 2020, 04:03:11 pm »
‘Liverpool FC is overhauling its ticket-buying process...’

Would it be wrong to assume that they’re referring to more than the ticketing system here and other changes are set to be implemented, or am I perhaps reading too much into it?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14052 on: March 5, 2020, 04:05:38 pm »
‘Liverpool FC is overhauling its ticket-buying process...’

Would it be wrong to assume that they’re referring to more than the ticketing system here and other changes are set to be implemented, or am I perhaps reading too much into it?

No your most probably right especially after the emails sent out not long ago asking about thoughts on ballots before sales
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14053 on: March 5, 2020, 04:09:25 pm »
No Bournemouth drops today??
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline Girder of Girth

• Main Stander
« Reply #14054 on: March 5, 2020, 04:40:10 pm »
Been F5'ing quite a lot today - I haven't seen anything.
1st Game: Standing on Kop watching Digger Barnes give us a winner against Spurs 29/10/89.
Hooked ever since ...

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #14055 on: March 5, 2020, 05:30:55 pm »
it’s a tough issue to crack, the issue is that those on 13+ will just leave seats empty then because it’s worth it. A members exchange would be good for those who only buy a few games per season but then can’t make it for whatever reason so the credit doesn’t actually mean much
Leaving the seat empty will eventually lose you the credit. The club have been talking about it from the start of the season but seemingly everything takes a country age to implement

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14056 on: March 5, 2020, 05:34:46 pm »
Leaving the seat empty will eventually lose you the credit. The club have been talking about it from the start of the season but seemingly everything takes a country age to implement
as should be the case but let’s see what the club has to offer

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14057 on: March 5, 2020, 05:36:26 pm »
well I 100% agree and said this

Sorry, didn't read the post properly.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14058 on: March 5, 2020, 05:43:43 pm »
Sorry, didn't read the post properly.
no worries mate haha

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14059 on: March 5, 2020, 05:47:38 pm »

Mobile tickets and transfer via an app to another supporter (which gives that person the credit) will help to sort this

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14060 on: March 5, 2020, 06:01:56 pm »

It wouldn’t exactly be hard to give a mate the card and have them scan it as well as there own in that instance.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14061 on: March 5, 2020, 06:11:15 pm »
It wouldn’t exactly be hard to give a mate the card and have them scan it as well as there own in that instance.
surely the card reader doesn’t let you until the turnstile is used

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14062 on: March 5, 2020, 07:21:50 pm »
If the coronavirus means we play games behind closed doors and I finish on 12 again I swear to god...!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14063 on: March 5, 2020, 07:33:44 pm »
If the coronavirus means we play games behind closed doors and I finish on 12 again I swear to god...!
if that happens they’ll refund the behind closed doors games and I’d assume the credits would go too

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14064 on: March 5, 2020, 07:37:35 pm »
They can fuck off, we cant lift the trophy in an empty stadium!

All for the sake of a bit of flu!

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #14065 on: March 5, 2020, 08:32:13 pm »
So what is the impact of this on 13+ members? Does it make it harder for us?
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14066 on: March 5, 2020, 08:35:18 pm »
So what is the impact of this on 13+ members? Does it make it harder for us?

The new site? I doubt it. The criteria should still be the same.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14067 on: March 5, 2020, 09:35:10 pm »
Noticed that city have a slider allowing you to select number of required seats and then a "Select best available seats" option.

Hope we put that on. No more pissing round choosing a stand or selecting on a dropdown when there's about 2 seats available.

Theirs doesn't seem to allocate singles though if you want more than one. We really should have an option for that.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14068 on: March 5, 2020, 10:10:34 pm »
There is on some games - ours being one of them
You can still actually access their website and buy another game though, can’t you? Our game is just greyed out until you actually log in. Don’t see how this system would sort out any unnecessary traffic.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14069 on: March 5, 2020, 10:14:56 pm »
You can still actually access their website and buy another game though, can’t you? Our game is just greyed out until you actually log in. Don’t see how this system would sort out any unnecessary traffic.
because all our games would need a pre login

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14070 on: March 5, 2020, 11:17:39 pm »
Best thing about the system change is those who beat the system and get less than 10 mins every time can reveal their secrets....

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14071 on: March 5, 2020, 11:40:18 pm »
because all our games would need a pre login
I understand that and agree, but we’d need to implement it prior to actually accessing the website, unlike with City’s where you can clog up the ‘queue’ all you like, as you don’t need to log on unless you’re buying a certain game such as their game against us.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14072 on: March 5, 2020, 11:45:20 pm »
I understand that and agree, but we’d need to implement it prior to actually accessing the website, unlike with City’s where you can clog up the ‘queue’ all you like, as you don’t need to log on unless you’re buying a certain game such as their game against us.
no this fair, it’s very doable as well considering all the ticket information is already posted on the main club website, clicking the link to the ticket website should require you to log in then

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14073 on: March 6, 2020, 06:10:29 am »
Noticed that city have a slider allowing you to select number of required seats and then a "Select best available seats" option.

Hope we put that on. No more pissing round choosing a stand or selecting on a dropdown when there's about 2 seats available.

Theirs doesn't seem to allocate singles though if you want more than one. We really should have an option for that.

Hope that changes. We go as 4 together but sometimes just get pairs or singles in same block that are near in kop. 4 together but back row of the main stand isn’t really what we’d want. Useful for some but hopefully something we have flexibility on.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14074 on: March 6, 2020, 07:18:07 am »
Palace will be my first additional sale in a while having got most this season in bulks or local. What has the availability been like post fan update?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #14075 on: March 6, 2020, 07:33:46 am »
Best thing about the system change is those who beat the system and get less than 10 mins every time can reveal their secrets....

Yeah.... and stop themselves getting Chelsea tickets for their mates - ain't happening haha

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14076 on: March 6, 2020, 07:40:59 am »
Yeah.... and stop themselves getting Chelsea tickets for their mates - ain't happening haha

Surely you can do it once the new website is implemented - just to satisfy curiosity! Haha
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #14077 on: March 6, 2020, 07:43:31 am »
Surely you can do it once the new website is implemented - just to satisfy curiosity! Haha

Once the new site is out and fully transitioned over, sure

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14078 on: March 6, 2020, 07:48:30 am »

CL quarter & semi tickets as well (hopefully)

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #14079 on: March 6, 2020, 08:00:00 am »
In and hoping for a short queue time... if I manage to get this I will reach 13 :)
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17