Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Last post by Graeme on Today at 04:03:21 pm »
Next door neighbour just sold theirs through Carwow. Was pretty happy with the process. Got not far off what they wanted for it but said it was worth taking slightly less for the ease of it. Took loads of photos, got their offer then they come out to inspect the car to ensure it’s as you’ve described and then transfer the money to your account on the spot and take the car.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by terry_macss_perm on Today at 04:02:04 pm »
Imagine the first thing you do to your new manager after Klopp is tell them they will be having to replace Salah. Some people must really want Slot to fail...

The knock on effect of that going wrong could do more damage to us than losing out on any fee this year. Let's give Slot the best possible chance to succeed and keep our best players.

If Darwin had scored 20+ this season, maybe it becomes a more feasible conversation perhaps. But I think it's just too much of a risk for new boss to deprive him of our main goalscorer. He hasn't had best of season in front of goal but he's still been so quality, racked them assists up as well as good goal return.

Slot might look at how Mo reacts to not being in the starting XI and wonder how he handles as that going forward. And also how he would react if Slot were to take penalty duties from him in favour of a player or players with a better conversion rate.

As for the Mo/Darwin numbers 2023/24 (excluding penalties)…

Nunez 17 goals + 13 assists
Salah 18 goals + 13 assists
I'm basing my thinking solely on what Klopp has been saying, too much football, not enough recovery time has cost England in the three European tournaments.

We have had our best players rested for long periods, but then they sometimes struggle to hit form, meanwhile the players who have had to play, have played more than they should, so then they're knackered. Klopp also said they don't get proper training sessions, I do think this is what derailed our season.
Fairs.

For the league cup, the kids are alright to a large extent. It's a chance to continue blooding them and we can mix it up with a few fringe players/senior pros here and there.

Players like Quansah, Bradley, Clark... our depth is very good.
Good old Rishi ensuring that the Labour vote turns out - we mustn't get complacent, this is just the message that needs to be put out by our friendly right wing media chaps.
General Football and Sport / Re: The Snooker thread
« Last post by west_london_red on Today at 03:58:44 pm »
Wow, Hazel Ervine or whatever her name is saying Jones has played 50 odd hours this tournament, 20 hours more than Wilson.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by zero zero on Today at 03:58:33 pm »
An 82-page complaint filed in New York by Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP and Leadenhall Life Insurance Linked Investments Fund PLC on Friday branded 777 “a house of cards on the brink of collapse”, adding: “Everton is the latest shiny object of Wander’s fraudulent scheme.”
Stretching it a bit
« Last post by voodoo ray on Today at 03:57:41 pm »
wilson has shown enough to demonstrate why he's not won a great deal in his career.
« Last post by Schmarn on Today at 03:55:48 pm »

This is up there with that Dott v Ebdon final in terms of quality.

Kyren is lucky to get this final rather than having to play a top player like Ronnie, Trump or Selby. He’s trying hard to bottle it but Jones has suddenly reverted to the mean (a top 32 player).
« Last post by Keith Lard on Today at 03:55:03 pm »
Wilson is one lucky guy to be playing cannon fodder
Sorry for coming so late to this although I did vote....I think! What a marvellous finale to what was a herculanean effort by BB to make this draft so much fun. Thanks BB. It was certainly the toughest to pick the winner in each game. Well played all  :wellin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10