Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister  (Read 205647 times)

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2023, 12:46:38 am »
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2023, 02:15:55 am »
It's funny isn't it. We bought a really good Premier League-proven midfielder and we've still got a shite midfield that cannot and will not compete with City. We still need 2 or 3 more.

Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.
I would have worded it differently but I agree other than the league proven bit. I think this guy is class and have been saying it for a while now. He deffo needs some steel beside him though which is why I agree with the sentiment.

To my mind our midfield got better twice last season and it was because Bajcetic came in and then when Jones came in after Bajcetic got injured. It still wasn’t amazing but we were competing at a higher level. What did those lads bring that wasn’t there when they weren’t playing? Yeah they were both great on the ball but both ran the fuck around and put fucking tackles in to win the ball.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2023, 02:16:44 am »
In the current climate where so many teams have money and are all chasing the same players, I'd say 55m is still way under what they could have got for him.
Brilliant bit of business by the club.

He didn't have to let them get anything, his contract was running down when he signed the new one that included this £35m release clause.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2023, 02:29:27 am »
Not to mention that his brother is Kevin Mac Allister too.   :shocked

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mac_Allister

Worrying times if he gets left out of the squad for an away EL game and is effectively left home alone then.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2023, 02:32:11 am »
Worrying times if he gets left out of the squad for an away EL game and is effectively left home alone then.
If we sign Kevin we’ll never be beaten at home.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2023, 02:36:45 am »
I do hope with him taking the 10 shirt people don’t expect loads of goals. He will get goals here and there but this lad I’m certain will be used as a facilitator. He also won’t be on penalties and I’m not sure he is better than Trent at direct free kicks so probably won’t take them either.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2023, 06:55:13 am »
If we keep Trent inverted he’s going to be in the box more than our midfielders were with the old system. If our 8/10s in this new system aren’t scoring/assisting there’s something wrong.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2023, 07:49:17 am »
It’s a very good thing that he’s played for Boca Juniors in the past too. Means he has played at a massive club under a lot of pressure which not a lot of players we sign will have experienced.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2023, 12:20:26 pm »
The irony.

Look up what irony means.

What was the actual point of your post though.

Are we not supposed to feel good about this signing?

Are we all under an illusion that we can now compete with City again?

Are we all satisfied with one midfielder coming?

Is being happy with macallistar signing not compatible with acknowledging all of the above also?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2023, 01:19:08 pm »
A question for those that know, why is his surname spelt that way? Or maybe to be more precise, is the difference between McAllister-Macallister-MacAllister-Mac Allister, just a case of spell it how you like? Is there a "correct" spelling?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2023, 03:05:00 pm »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #251 on: June 10, 2023, 04:03:25 pm »
A question for those that know, why is his surname spelt that way? Or maybe to be more precise, is the difference between McAllister-Macallister-MacAllister-Mac Allister, just a case of spell it how you like? Is there a "correct" spelling?

Having it as two names is the traditional Gaelic way (Irish version for instance would have been Mac Alasdair). Mac meaing ‘son’. 

I guess over time it became a thing to just join the two names together!

His family went over to Argentina quite a while back, I spose at the time that’s how their name was spelt, so that’s how they kept it.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2023, 04:33:26 pm »
I see, appreciate the info!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2023, 04:40:53 pm »
AMA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2023, 04:43:07 pm »
Gary Jr

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2023, 05:27:45 pm »

Let's just call him Javier.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2023, 05:29:19 pm »
Cohen?

My mistake, I was under the impression that George Cohen, who was in the England 1966 squad, played for us at one point.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2023, 07:46:40 pm »
https://twitter.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1667515642176479238

Fy-Q0ot-ZXs-AAb-Nif" border="0

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2023, 11:40:22 pm »
Having it as two names is the traditional Gaelic way (Irish version for instance would have been Mac Alasdair). Mac meaing ‘son’. 

I guess over time it became a thing to just join the two names together!

His family went over to Argentina quite a while back, I spose at the time that’s how their name was spelt, so that’s how they kept it.

Interestingly, a few irish names have bastardised English/American variants due to lack of English literacy among Irish emigrants. One good example is McManaman - likely transcribed from a northerner pronouncing McMenamen/McMenamin.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2023, 06:52:49 am »
Welcome to Liverpool FC!!!  Alexis Mac Allister!!!  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2023, 09:21:24 pm »
The more I think about this signing, the more enthusiastic I am. We’ve signed him at the perfect stage of his career.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2023, 12:01:02 am »
Officially an LFC player now.  :D

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2023, 10:05:54 am »
What an excellent addition! A proven Premier League player, who has helped turn a lower league team into European contenders in a team that plays progressive, attacking football.

He's going to fit right on. Glad to be starting the summer break with some positive news!
🐝🐝🐝

cf:  https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/moises-or-alexis-who-is-better.401837/page-3#post-10702785

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2023, 10:14:36 am »
Officially an LFC player now.  :D

Well that’s not true Kebab boy.

Transfer window opens on the 14th of June.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2023, 11:27:31 am »
🐝🐝🐝

cf:  https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/moises-or-alexis-who-is-better.401837/page-3#post-10702785

There's loads calling Caicedo a generational talent on there. I mean, he's good I think that's stretching it slightly.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2023, 12:34:23 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2023, 12:37:19 pm »
There's loads calling Caicedo a generational talent on there. I mean, he's good I think that's stretching it slightly.

Yeh, one says he is up there with Bellingham in terms of ability. Absolutely bull shit that.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2023, 12:47:39 pm »
Caicedo's the more eye-catching of the two so it's understandable. If you asked Liverpool fans to choose between Firmino and Coutinho in 2017, the results may have been similar in Coutinho's favour.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2023, 01:07:20 pm »
Caicedo's the more eye-catching of the two so it's understandable. If you asked Liverpool fans to choose between Firmino and Coutinho in 2017, the results may have been similar in Coutinho's favour.

True that.

Defo fueled by him being the first of the two to leave though. We all know how the poll would go if Caicedo had left last week!

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2023, 07:02:09 pm »

Looking forward to seeing him play in a red shirt, I think he will be a real asset, game intelligence and quality on the ball when you already have some very good attacking talent will make us much more dangerous, Trent, Thiago and Henderson are the only midfielders we have who are capable of doing something different

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2023, 07:18:09 pm »
If we sign Kevin we’ll never be beaten at home.

Brings a whole new meaning to the offside 'trap'
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2023, 09:08:55 pm »

Looks like a kidnap victim with two of his FARC kidnappers.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2023, 09:45:02 pm »

Looks like a kidnap victim with two of his FARC kidnappers.

Narcos Boca: El Mediocampista Pequeño
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2023, 12:43:33 am »
True that.

Defo fueled by him being the first of the two to leave though. We all know how the poll would go if Caicedo had left last week!

Most Brighton fans would have said Caicedo is better regardless and I think that’s an opinion generally held throughout the club, hence the fees being mentioned for the both of them. The Liverpool poster who watches and lives in Brighton has said the same.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2023, 11:48:37 am »
Really excited about him. One thing I've noticed is he doesn't really assist much for either Brighton or Argentina despite being a player heavily involved in the build-up. I know that's funny to say given he literally assisted a goal in the World Cup final, but on the whole, he's not a player who's been expected to play that final pass for either club or country. Whether that's down to instructions, bad finishing from others, his own gameplay, or what, I'm not sure. It's a lot like Thiago in some ways, not really someone who's going to be prolific in terms of output but does some of the early build-up play and takes the ball from defence into the final third.

I've seen the phrase "hockey assist" mentioned a few times where he's the player making the pass to someone else before they assist the goal, and I think he'd be right up there in terms of numbers if that's the lens we look at him through.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2023, 04:01:29 pm »
Alexis Mac Allister talks to @ESPNArgentina

“It’s a very big joy, I’m arriving in the biggest club in England, for me it’s a dream came true. It is a possibility that I want to take full advantage of. Firstly, I want to thank my teammates of Brighton and National Team, and then I’m with a big desire to get to know my new teammates, new coaches and train in the best way to have a season as everyone wants it.”

“I’ve talked to Klopp and that was one of the most important factors in my decision that early. We talked about football, how he sees it, how he wanted me and he expressed his desire to continue winning titles and that was the most important. Yes I had the other options as well, I respect all the clubs, but I think Liverpool was the right step.”

“It's crazy how people cheer at Anfield. Within England, it's the closest thing to the people of Boca in Argentina. Having a fan that always supports is also very important. That's why I said that Liverpool is the Boca Juniors of England due to the how fans are always supporting the team.”

Offline ademuzzy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #277 on: June 13, 2023, 10:39:20 pm »
Most Brighton fans would have said Caicedo is better regardless and I think that’s an opinion generally held throughout the club, hence the fees being mentioned for the both of them. The Liverpool poster who watches and lives in Brighton has said the same.

It all comes down the right fit doesn’t it. They are both a bit different but both would be welcome in our midfield. I also can understand why Brighton may feel that way. I’m just happy with Mac and looking forward to seeing what he brings.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: June 13, 2023, 10:55:24 pm »

This is the type of player that we need. Yes, we are the biggest club in England.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2023, 12:08:26 am »
There's absoluteoly no doubt, now that we have bought Mac Allister, that Caicedo will be regaled, regarded and heralded as the better player
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D