Author Topic: Nevermind :)  (Read 876 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Nevermind :)
« on: September 4, 2021, 03:49:49 am »
RAWK Once In A Lifetime Creativity Draft

Option Ideas - Recalibrated (provide your feedback below, will erase later once we get started)****

To make this a more creative endeavor - we are going to use four rarely used templates for team formation (and within this I will give you all a great deal of latitude).  You do not have to share your formation with anyone but me, if you desire.
The four formations (and managers get to choose which option they prefer) are:

2-7-1 (Two sweepers, create your midfield shape, with a single striker) ----> wingers are acceptable in the attack, but not modern mobile players to shoehorn (i.e. Chiesa or Suarez etc.)

3-6-1 (3 CB's, either two banks of three behind the striker or some combination of 4-2 or 2-4 in MF)

4-2-4 (Old school stopper, sweeper with stay at home marking backs --- and MF's who can run the show in a 2 man midfield, with 2 central strikers in partnership and two historical wingers)

Trend's Wildcard - you get your shape given to you after your 4th pick  :)    *** Choosing this option means that I will get medieval :)

TREND's CREATIVITY FOOTY DRAFT RULES

Managers get to choose 1 player from each category below or 5 players in total (while the remaining 6 players will be selected based upon manager choice around Jersey color - home and away).  This is 11 players in total. 
The first 5 categories are:

Glory Hunter Trophy Options                         Physical Attributes Options                          Geographic Options                                       Versatility Position Option                                                    Personal Attributes

1 Player with at least 1 WC, 1 ECL trophy             5 Players must be natural left footed        Backs played in different countries                  1 Player who plays multiple positions for his Club                           Born in January, April, or September
             1 Player won Ballon D'or                                      5 players must be 6'0 or taller                  Backs born on different continents                  1 Player who plays a different position for Club and Country           Born after 1969 and before 1974
             1 Player won ECL/EC with 2 different clubs          5 players under the size of 5'10               Backs play different clubs/same country          1 Player who played in a WC or ECL Final after 40 years old            Club or Country captain
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Players wearing #9 or #11

If managers do not like a certain category in the 5 above (Glory Hunter Trophy Option, Physical Attributes Option, Geographic Option, Versatility Option, or Personal Attributes), then they can replace one category ONCE with a Wildcard Selection of their choosing.  This has to be determined before the draft, not during.   For example, if I did not want to restrict my back line to geographic options above, I use a Wildcard to bypass that category, but I'd have to choose one selection from each of the other categories.  If I were to choose to bypass a category, there are 8 Wildcards (see below) and each can only be used twice by all managers -- so once its gone, its gone. 

For example, if Lobo and Hazell choose the Best Player Ever to Not Look the Part, then DeFacto would not be eligible to select that same Wildcard #3. 

The Wildcards are all about having fun, remembrance and dreaming the game --- take it for what its worth and enjoy the opportunity to eat at the smorgasborg drafting (choosing what you want instead of what everyone else wants)

Wildcard #1 - Most Versatile Player Ever Selection               
Wildcard #2 - Smartest Player Ever Selection                               
Wildcard #3 - The Best Player Ever Not to Look the Part
Wildcard #4 - The Most Clutch Player Ever - Set Pieces
Wildcard #5 - Player with Greatest Goal Celebration Ever   
Wildcard #6 - Fastest Player Ever                                                                       
Wildcard #7 - Most Technical Player Ever
Wildcard #8 - Greatest Goal Ever Scored - scored by whom?

COLORS

Managers may satisfy these requirements in any order they wish, however before the draft each manager will request their preferred color for a home or away jerseys before the draft.   Any player (with visual proof posted) wearing that color of choice is eligible for selection for your team, which means it gives everyone a wide berth form which to choose their favorite colors, clubs, and players.   However, be careful --- home red may be an obvious choice given our allegiances to LFC but if too many choose this option, now you are in competition with each other for the same pool of players while some others may choose a selection without any.   I am not going to be picky about the shade of Bayern v Liverpool or the shade of Lazio v City.  You get to pick your paint.

In terms of uniforms with two main colors like Inter or AC Milan or Barca/Athleti or Belgium using a variety possibilities (red, black, yellow) -  IT MUST BE CLEARLY YOUR SELECTED COLOR  (NOT HALF & HALF) FOR HOME/AWAY. 
You will have to post your picks in the color you select for the remaining 6 picks including Goalkeepers.   If you pick rainbow selection - there are six colors which MUST be represented (see below).

Main Club or Country Jersey Color Home/Away  (Pick 1 - one home or away color)

- Red/Maroon
 - Blue/Sky Blue
 - White/Silver
 - Black/Grey
 - Green
 - Yellow
 - Orange
 - Rainbow (every color above must be represented including purple) - no more than 2 in the same color  (People who choose this option must have RED, BLUE, ORANGE, GREEN, PURPLE & YELLOW)

Okay lads - let me know what you think.  Basically, it is an easy draft with a few loose criteria and a color wheel to paint your masterpiece.  The only catch is that this is not a paint-by-number deal as you have to be creative in your formation.
I will match teams together into 4 groups of 4 based upon their drafting order and formation decisions first --- and then randomize if I need to after that.  Capeche?

So far, we have

1.  Viva
2.  PIM
3.  Lobo
4.  Nick
5.  Hazell
6.  Tubby
7.  Betty - possibly if I can get the right balance of fairness here I suspect :)
8.  DeFacto
9.  Max Powers
10. Trend

6 More - and any tweaks.     Should see about the following (Cleveland ahem, Gerry Attrick, Lastrador, Samie, Drinks Sangria, Elzar, Sir Pyscho Sexy, Lawnmower, Wullie, Sheer Mag, Vish, Lone Star, and Buck Pete).
« Last Edit: September 4, 2021, 07:53:20 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: Nevermind :)
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2021, 12:33:25 am »
RAWK Once In A Lifetime Creativity Draft

Option Ideas - Recalibrated (provide your feedback below, will erase later once we get started)****

To make this a more creative endeavor - we are going to use four rarely used templates for team formation (and within this I will give you all a great deal of latitude).  You do not have to share your formation with anyone but me, if you desire.
The four formations (and managers get to choose which option they prefer) are:

2-7-1 (Two sweepers, create your midfield shape, with a single striker) ----> wingers are acceptable in the attack, but not modern mobile players to shoehorn (i.e. Chiesa or Suarez etc.)

3-6-1 (3 CB's, either two banks of three behind the striker or some combination of 4-2 or 2-4 in MF)

4-2-4 (Old school stopper, sweeper with stay at home marking backs --- and MF's who can run the show in a 2 man midfield, with 2 central strikers in partnership and two historical wingers)

Trend's Wildcard - you get your shape given to you after your 4th pick  :)    *** Choosing this option means that I will get medieval :)

TREND's CREATIVITY FOOTY DRAFT RULES

Managers get to choose 1 player from each category below or 5 players in total (while the remaining 6 players will be selected based upon manager choice around Jersey color - home and away).  This is 11 players in total. 
The first 5 categories are:

Glory Hunter Trophy Options                         Physical Attributes Options                          Geographic Options                                       Versatility Position Option                                                    Personal Attributes

1 Player with at least 1 WC, 1 ECL trophy             5 Players must be natural left footed        Backs played in different countries                  1 Player who plays multiple positions for his Club                           Born in January, April, or September
             1 Player won Ballon D'or                                      5 players must be 6'0 or taller                  Backs born on different continents                  1 Player who plays a different position for Club and Country           Born after 1969 and before 1974
             1 Player won ECL/EC with 2 different clubs          5 players under the size of 5'10               Backs play different clubs/same country          1 Player who played in a WC or ECL Final after 40 years old            Club or Country captain
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Players wearing #9 or #11

If managers do not like a certain category in the 5 above (Glory Hunter Trophy Option, Physical Attributes Option, Geographic Option, Versatility Option, or Personal Attributes), then they can replace one category ONCE with a Wildcard Selection of their choosing.  This has to be determined before the draft, not during.   For example, if I did not want to restrict my back line to geographic options above, I use a Wildcard to bypass that category, but I'd have to choose one selection from each of the other categories.  If I were to choose to bypass a category, there are 8 Wildcards (see below) and each can only be used twice by all managers -- so once its gone, its gone. 

For example, if Lobo and Hazell choose the Best Player Ever to Not Look the Part, then DeFacto would not be eligible to select that same Wildcard #3. 

The Wildcards are all about having fun, remembrance and dreaming the game --- take it for what its worth and enjoy the opportunity to eat at the smorgasborg drafting (choosing what you want instead of what everyone else wants)

Wildcard #1 - Most Versatile Player Ever Selection               
Wildcard #2 - Smartest Player Ever Selection                               
Wildcard #3 - The Best Player Ever Not to Look the Part
Wildcard #4 - The Most Clutch Player Ever - Set Pieces
Wildcard #5 - Player with Greatest Goal Celebration Ever   
Wildcard #6 - Fastest Player Ever                                                                       
Wildcard #7 - Most Technical Player Ever
Wildcard #8 - Greatest Goal Ever Scored - scored by whom?

COLORS

Managers may satisfy these requirements in any order they wish, however before the draft each manager will request their preferred color for a home or away jerseys before the draft.   Any player (with visual proof posted) wearing that color of choice is eligible for selection for your team, which means it gives everyone a wide berth form which to choose their favorite colors, clubs, and players.   However, be careful --- home red may be an obvious choice given our allegiances to LFC but if too many choose this option, now you are in competition with each other for the same pool of players while some others may choose a selection without any.   I am not going to be picky about the shade of Bayern v Liverpool or the shade of Lazio v City.  You get to pick your paint.

In terms of uniforms with two main colors like Inter or AC Milan or Barca/Athleti or Belgium using a variety possibilities (red, black, yellow) -  IT MUST BE CLEARLY YOUR SELECTED COLOR  (NOT HALF & HALF) FOR HOME/AWAY. 
You will have to post your picks in the color you select for the remaining 6 picks including Goalkeepers.   If you pick rainbow selection - there are six colors which MUST be represented (see below).

Main Club or Country Jersey Color Home/Away  (Pick 1 - one home or away color)

- Red/Maroon
 - Blue/Sky Blue
 - White/Silver
 - Black/Grey
 - Green
 - Yellow
 - Orange
 - Rainbow (every color above must be represented including purple) - no more than 2 in the same color  (People who choose this option must have RED, BLUE, ORANGE, GREEN, PURPLE & YELLOW)

Okay lads - let me know what you think.  Basically, it is an easy draft with a few loose criteria and a color wheel to paint your masterpiece.  The only catch is that this is not a paint-by-number deal as you have to be creative in your formation.
I will match teams together into 4 groups of 4 based upon their drafting order and formation decisions first --- and then randomize if I need to after that.  Capeche?

So far, we have

1.  Viva
2.  PIM
3.  Lobo
4.  Nick
5.  Hazell
6.  Tubby
7.  Betty - possibly if I can get the right balance of fairness here I suspect :)
8.  DeFacto
9.  Max Powers
10. Trend

6 More - and any tweaks.     Should see about the following (Cleveland ahem, Gerry Attrick, Lastrador, Samie, Drinks Sangria, Elzar, Sir Pyscho Sexy, Lawnmower, Wullie, Sheer Mag, Vish, Lone Star, and Buck Pete).

Didn’t understand a single word as you well know J lad but it looks and sounds absolutely sensational!!

:)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2021, 09:00:35 am »
...so we doing this one then, or is it still in 'planning and development'?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2021, 09:07:57 am »
...so we doing this one then, or is it still in 'planning and development'?

Might be in the minority, but I preferred the original idea of us all being designated one of 16 categories and going off on our own little missions.

This one seems like almost a different idea entirely to the one people signed up for. Think that's why it didn't get much traction when Trend first posted it.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2021, 09:11:18 am »
Might be in the minority, but I preferred the original idea of us all being designated one of 16 categories and going off on our own little missions.

This one seems like almost a different idea entirely to the one people signed up for. Think that's why it didn't get much traction when Trend first posted it.

Yeah definitely.

I'm sure we can just do that idea anyway
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: September 7, 2021, 01:37:38 pm »
Yeah definitely.

I'm sure we can just do that idea anyway

Yep. I will be down for the old draft idea too.