Betty Blue
10 (13.9%)
PoetryInMotion VS
9 (12.5%)
Samie
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: September 1, 2021, 01:24:13 pm

Author Topic: Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (2)  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (2)
« on: August 31, 2021, 01:24:13 pm »
Sarge - Jose Mourinho

VS

Lawnmowerman - Carlo Ancelotti

===================================

MaxPowers - Gerard Houllier/Roberto Mancini

VS

Hazell - Marcello Lippi

Gerry Attrick - Louis Van Gaal

VS

Betty Blue - Johan Cruyff/Guus Hiddink

Poetry In Motion - Rinus Michels

VS

Samie - Arrigo Sacchi

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (2)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 01:34:53 pm »
Will be paying close attention to the All Ireland Final in game one.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 01:43:16 pm »
Sarge, Hazell, Gerry, PIM.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 01:46:35 pm »
Fatso thought we were mates. And I bought you a Twix as well.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 01:51:49 pm »
Fatso thought we were mates. And I bought you a Twix as well.

PIM bought me two.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 02:17:56 pm »
We're coming out ofa pandemic, recession still hurting mate. Next year I'll buy you an added Freddo.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 02:20:55 pm »
First game is very, very tight. I voted for Sarge and now looking back to justify my vote...LMM looks stronger practically all over the pitch :D

Second game again pretty close. Gone for Hazell just for the Zidane/Trezeguet X-factor.

Betty in the third game pretty easily. I'm not sure exactly how many players Gerry missed out on but looking briefly at who Van Gaal coached Figo, Xavi, Iniesta, Rivaldo, Puyol, Nadal, Riquelme, Litmanen, Mendieta, De Boer, Davids, Bergkamp, Seedorf, Muller, Robben and Januzaj all could have been in there. Not really feeling Rijkaard at CB.

Last game is a cracker. PiM should be winning fairly comfortably though, both in terms of quality and how the teams are put together. God bless Samie but its another formation howler. Donadoni the right winger shoehorned onto the left wing so.....Boban can play on the right? :D Van Basten was the obvious first pick if you're re-creating that great Milan side. Get Desailly in there with Ancelotti and Albertini in a diamond with Boban at the tip (which he could have done) and probably could still have got Baggio and if not there's plenty other Italian 'second strikers' you could partner with MVB.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 02:23:52 pm »
Mutherfucker I just did want the main man himself did in games. Take it up with him not moi.

Let's not pretend you didn't fuck up bigly. Laudraup and Paltini both as #10's?   ;D

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 02:25:01 pm »
I think Gerry was another unfortunate with his drafting position, and another example of a possible seeding need if we do this kind of draft again. Still a really good team.

I really like Max's team, he has (once again) quietly drafted really well.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 02:26:52 pm »
First game is very, very tight. I voted for Sarge and now looking back to justify my vote...LMM looks stronger practically all over the pitch :D

Second game again pretty close. Gone for Hazell just for the Zidane/Trezeguet X-factor.

Betty in the third game pretty easily. I'm not sure exactly how many players Gerry missed out on but looking briefly at who Van Gaal coached Figo, Xavi, Iniesta, Rivaldo, Puyol, Nadal, Riquelme, Litmanen, Mendieta, De Boer, Davids, Bergkamp, Seedorf, Muller, Robben and Januzaj all could have been in there. Not really feeling Rijkaard at CB.

Last game is a cracker. PiM should be winning fairly comfortably though, both in terms of quality and how the teams are put together. God bless Samie but its another formation howler. Donadoni the right winger shoehorned onto the left wing so.....Boban can play on the right? :D Van Basten was the obvious first pick if you're re-creating that great Milan side. Get Desailly in there with Ancelotti and Albertini in a diamond with Boban at the tip (which he could have done) and probably could still have got Baggio and if not there's plenty other Italian 'second strikers' you could partner with MVB.

I was robbing Peter to pay Paul with Van Gaal. No absolutely top notch players played CB for him and I was stuck at the bottom, so I wasn't passing up Rijkaard to take one of them and all those other players you mentioned were picked in the first few rounds. I had almost no possibility of taking them. I think I ended up with one of the weakest managers because I didn't have free run at any legends.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 02:28:29 pm »
I was robbing Peter to pay Paul with Van Gaal. No absolutely top notch players played CB for him and I was stuck at the bottom, so I wasn't passing up Rijkaard to take one of them and all those other players you mentioned were picked in the first few rounds. I had almost no possibility of taking them. I think I ended up with one of the weakest managers because I didn't have free run at any legends.

Yeah he definitely doesn't seem as good a coach for this competition when looking at who his best players also played for. The journeymen weren't great to get.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 02:33:26 pm »
Like with any draft, your order # plays a huge deal, here especially.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 02:51:44 pm »
Wow, 3 out of 4 games are very close. However, in my game I believe I have more balance in my team and the ingredients of Total Football are all laid out.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 03:10:44 pm »
Mutherfucker I just did want the main man himself did in games. Take it up with him not moi.

Let's not pretend you didn't fuck up bigly. Laudraup and Paltini both as #10's?   ;D

I did consider playing Laudrup as a left winger and Platini as a right winger....but then thought nobody would be that stupid to play great players out of position so badly ;)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 03:14:52 pm »
You're correct, Arrigo Sacchi the fuckin' fraud! What ever did he achieve playing like that?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 03:17:39 pm »
You're correct, Arrigo Sacchi the fuckin' fraud! What ever did he achieve playing like that?

Boban was a right winger...?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 03:19:03 pm »
No but could play across the midfield and he played there on occasions for Milan.

I'm doing what Sacchi did mate.  I'm not going and doing a "Samie" here.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 03:20:21 pm »
No but could play across the midfield and he played there for Milan.

You would have been better off playing a diamond. Boban as your #10, Donadoni and Davids as your other two midfielders, and Albertini as your 6.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 03:22:11 pm »
You would have been better off playing a diamond. Boban as your #10, Donadoni and Davids as your other two midfielders, and Albertini as your 6.

That could have been a draft winning side.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 03:37:48 pm »
Boban was a right winger...?

...But he never hurt nobody

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 04:03:10 pm »
I think Hazell has a better team than mine man for man. But I think my team can beat his team. I went for a team that dominates physically and can score in many ways. Viera and Davids in the middle can keep up with Hazell's excellent midfield and would be hard to stop when breaking forward. My defense is robust with no weak links. I have 4 attackers that all have different but complimentary styles of play. Mihajlović adds goal threat from any direct free-kick. Players like Ivanovic, Desailly, Crespo and Viera will hard for Hazells team to mark from corners and indirect free-kicks.  Also some of the match-ups favor my team EG. Grosso vs Figo is a mismatch. My best player vs his worst.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2021, 04:22:59 pm »
 :o :o :o :o

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2021, 05:08:17 pm »
My front 4 would have more joy against that defense than sarges front 4 would have against mine.

Jaysus. A vote for sarge is a vote for sex crims ffs....and Sergio Ramos

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2021, 05:10:16 pm »
Thought i done well getting Essien and Verratti toward the death given Hazell snatched all the decent midfielders available to me. Think it's a nice dynamic partnership in there

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2021, 05:12:24 pm »
Thought i done well getting Essien and Verratti toward the death given Hazell snatched all the decent midfielders available to me. Think it's a nice dynamic partnership in there

Great dynamic, also they're always injured, so you got that going on for you too  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2021, 05:15:00 pm »
Great dynamic, also they're always injured, so you got that going on for you too  ;D
Yeah but in imagination land they're firing on all cylinders here!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2021, 05:16:20 pm »
I know you voted for me Lman, old pal, Bestest friend.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 05:21:48 pm »
I know you voted for me Lman, old pal, Bestest friend.
i despise you, and voted accordingly

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2021, 05:23:00 pm »
I feel the love across the Irish Sea mate.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2021, 05:31:34 pm »
I feel the love across the Irish Sea mate.
Probably why you voted for sarge!!

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2021, 06:24:26 pm »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2021, 06:30:08 pm »

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2021, 07:04:39 pm »
My front 4 would have more joy against that defense than sarges front 4 would have against mine.

Jaysus. A vote for sarge is a vote for sex crims ffs....and Sergio Ramos

Ahh slagging a sure showing that you're done.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2021, 07:06:38 pm »
All close bar one match up i see.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2021, 07:18:09 pm »
Ahh slagging a sure showing that you're done.
I can't believe people are voting for a mourinho team containing two players who mourinho is notorously known for for dumping, and Fabinho who played a whopping 15 minutes under him when not even a real madrid player. Teams a mess!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2021, 08:00:20 pm »
Man tries to copy exactly how the manager he got played with 95% of these players and is told he doesn't know what he's talking bout.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2021, 08:08:36 pm »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2021, 08:33:01 pm »
I can't believe people are voting for a mourinho team containing two players who mourinho is notorously known for for dumping, and Fabinho who played a whopping 15 minutes under him when not even a real madrid player. Teams a mess!

Class team under the rules of the draft.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2021, 11:26:00 pm »
Just wanted to say, Samie is a dildo.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 11:38:37 pm »
Just wanted to say, Samie is a dildo.

He wishes.