Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3461633 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #62520 on: September 22, 2021, 12:27:53 pm »
103k off with confirmed or suspected infection, 16k off due to close contact isolation and 2k off due to outbreak containment restrictions.

Highlights the likely problem - the gap between 103k and 18k is probably too large.

That 103k infection number is higher than July when we had over a million out of of school in a week, but then it was 82k off with confirmed infection and 930k off due isolation of close contacts - clearly unsustainable back then so something had to change, but we’ve changed from an 11:1 ratio of isolation:infections in July to a 1:5 ratio now which seems too far a change in direction.
When you put it like that it's really stark.

Could it be that the 103k is higher because close contacts are being identified and told to get tested and more of those are coming back positive?  With those close contacts coming back positive it's similarly reducing the numbers in the 'just isolating' category.

Previously when a whole bubble was told to isolate because of a positive test I expect many of the close contacts wouldn't have gone for a test unless they showed some symptoms.

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62521 on: September 22, 2021, 01:23:34 pm »
When you put it like that it's really stark.

Could it be that the 103k is higher because close contacts are being identified and told to get tested and more of those are coming back positive?  With those close contacts coming back positive it's similarly reducing the numbers in the 'just isolating' category.

Previously when a whole bubble was told to isolate because of a positive test I expect many of the close contacts wouldn't have gone for a test unless they showed some symptoms.
There isn't really a just isolating category though. Kids under 18 still attend school even if they are a close contact, they only isolate if specifically asked to by NHS test and trace. They continue to attend even then until the result of the PCR.

There are two particular parts of the school guidance that lead to the changes between July and now:
"NHS Test and Trace will work with the positive case and/or their parent to identify close contacts. Contacts from a school setting will only be traced by NHS Test and Trace where the positive case and/or their parent specifically identifies the individual as being a close contact. This is likely to be a small number of individuals..."

"Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months"

These are big changes, imagine two scenarios: First that my son tests positive - I have absolutely no idea who he interacts with on a daily basis in school but I'm supposed to identify the close contacts? Second, that my wife tests positive - my work have requested that I stay at home regardless of the government guidelines, but my son is supposed to continue going to school. The only thing that changes that is when (if?) test and trace contact my wife to identify close contacts and if they then decide my son was one.

In scenario 2, I'd be keeping my son at home, but technically I can be fined for doing so if I gave that as the reason, he's supposed to go to school.

I would imagine from the numbers above, that the 16k are actually school kids that have been identified by NHS test and trace due to a parent testing positive, not from a classmate testing positive.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62522 on: September 22, 2021, 01:41:43 pm »
My lad keeps insisting that kids in his class, who he has been sitting/standing next to have gone off with Covid, but we are not hearing a thing from Test and Trace, so I have no idea if its the system failing or he's lying.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62523 on: September 22, 2021, 02:24:06 pm »
Been offered a booster jab already because I was jabbed well ahead of my age group in the trial. J&J sent an email saying there's no safety data. The cynic in me says they would emphasise this as I'll be less use in the trial if I have an mRNA third shot. Any useful info? Filo - are you in the same boat?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62524 on: September 22, 2021, 02:29:11 pm »
It’s a bit bonkers that schools are no longer involved in tracing close contacts in schools….

Great not to have the workload, but it seems much less efficient

Let's be honest here - there is no test and trace in schools any more. Only someone who has symptoms and tests positive now stays off.

Schools have 0 mitigation any more - there's no enforced mask wearing, no bubbles etc.

Loads of kids at our school have been off with a bad cold but had masks been in place I reckon loads wouldn't have caught even that.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62525 on: September 22, 2021, 02:48:44 pm »
Been offered a booster jab already because I was jabbed well ahead of my age group in the trial. J&J sent an email saying there's no safety data. The cynic in me says they would emphasise this as I'll be less use in the trial if I have an mRNA third shot. Any useful info? Filo - are you in the same boat?
J&J announced some results from their ENSEMBLE 2 trial yesterday, including some info on a booster dose at 2 months and 6 months.

For me, it points toward J&J being a two dose vaccine.

https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-announces-real-world-evidence-and-phase-3-data-confirming-strong-and-long-lasting-protection-of-single-shot-covid-19-vaccine-in-the-u-s

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62526 on: September 22, 2021, 03:31:25 pm »
Thanks, dj. Yeah - it does point to it being a two-dose just like the AZ. Which makes me think that if they're offering boosters after six months to AZ recipients, the same logic should apply to the J&J.
I'm due to go to South Africa in November (and I'm hearing they're coming off the red list) to do with some conservation interests of mine (pangolin protection - kind of moot given the stories about Covid), which is why I'm leaning towards a booster. I'm hoping I'll tolerate the mRNA better than I did the J&J.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #62527 on: September 22, 2021, 04:42:24 pm »

Personally if I was able to get a booster I would take one without a second thought, unfortunately I miss out by a year so I will have to depend on my aging J&J jabs for protection!

I know a few people through a vaccine trialist group, who subsequently had an mRNA booster after 2 J&J doses in Ensemble 2, and they had no ill effects and very strong antibody levels  after the booster.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62528 on: September 22, 2021, 05:08:15 pm »
Personally if I was able to get a booster I would take one without a second thought, unfortunately I miss out by a year so I will have to depend on my aging J&J jabs for protection!

I know a few people through a vaccine trialist group, who subsequently had an mRNA booster after 2 J&J doses in Ensemble 2, and they had no ill effects and very strong antibody levels  after the booster.

Thanks, mate. Think I'll take my creaking bones to the jab centre on Saturday then.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62529 on: September 22, 2021, 05:15:18 pm »
34460 new cases and 166 deaths reported today.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62530 on: September 22, 2021, 10:35:05 pm »
Two children in my 5-year old's class had positive tests yesterday.  This came off the back of one positive test the previous day and his mum letting other parents know via a WhatsApp group.

The school have belatedly put up a message to say they're working to identify close contacts but that they won't need to isolate anyway (which is government guidance).  I can probably help them with the close contacts... the other 27 children in the class  ;D

My wife does a test before work every day as she works with clinically vulnerable people so we used some of those tests on our two.  Both came back negative but it does seem like a matter of time.  As they both were previously infected in November - pre-Delta - I guess we'll find out how much lasting immunity they have.
My wife has been told by one of her friends, a teaching assistant at the school, that it's now seven positive cases in the class and three in the other half of the same year group.  Does anyone know if there is a threshold at which Public Health will intervene or will it just be left to run its course?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62531 on: September 23, 2021, 12:07:07 am »
My lad keeps insisting that kids in his class, who he has been sitting/standing next to have gone off with Covid, but we are not hearing a thing from Test and Trace, so I have no idea if its the system failing or he's lying.

I'm still waiting on a call from them after my girlfriend tested positive last Friday.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #62532 on: September 23, 2021, 03:53:56 am »
I'm still waiting on a call from them after my girlfriend tested positive last Friday.
So, as Rob says, you're probably lying... ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #62533 on: September 23, 2021, 08:02:46 am »
I'm waiting on a PCR result. I think it's just a heavy cold, but I've been wiped out for 3 days and counting.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62534 on: September 23, 2021, 11:45:20 am »
I was a close contact of people from our cricket trip to Torquay, never got a phone call off them but did get pinged by the app, I think it was two days after the confirmed positive case.  I know someone who works for Track and Trace (she now has CoVid as her son brought it home from school!!) and she said they are totally swamped at the moment (South Wales) may be the same where you are too
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #62535 on: September 23, 2021, 01:19:36 pm »
Two children in my 5-year old's class had positive tests yesterday.  This came off the back of one positive test the previous day and his mum letting other parents know via a WhatsApp group.

The school have belatedly put up a message to say they're working to identify close contacts but that they won't need to isolate anyway (which is government guidance).  I can probably help them with the close contacts... the other 27 children in the class  ;D

My wife does a test before work every day as she works with clinically vulnerable people so we used some of those tests on our two.  Both came back negative but it does seem like a matter of time.  As they both were previously infected in November - pre-Delta - I guess we'll find out how much lasting immunity they have.

This graph tells its own story; all age groups show declining infection rates after 6th Sept, except the 5-9 and 10-14 groups.

The JCVI nor recommending vaccinations for younger kids, plus the government refusing to implement mitigation methods in schools (both physical and procedural) look to be the main reasons behind this. That's backed-up with the fall in infections in the 15-19 age bracket where the majority will have been vaccinated by now.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62536 on: September 23, 2021, 01:27:48 pm »
That's backed-up with the fall in infections in the 15-19 age bracket where the majority will have been vaccinated by now.

Going on the latest publicly available data, 14% of 16-17y/olds and 52% of 18-24y/olds have had two doses of the vaccine.

On first dose alone that only goes up to 53% of 16-17 y/olds and 66% of 18-24 y/olds.

I'd assume the proportion among 15 year olds are lower still. So we probably aren't at a stage we can say most 15-19 year olds are vaccinated.

Source: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations?areaType=nation%26areaName=England#card-vaccination_uptake_by_vaccination_date_age_demographics

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62537 on: September 23, 2021, 02:27:31 pm »
Welshred and Tepid can hold their laughter in, but I've got to take the lad for a PCR test. Coughing, says he can't smell things properly and sent home from school, they asked would I please take him.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62538 on: September 23, 2021, 02:29:29 pm »
You did well to last this long Rob.
That him done until Xmas?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62539 on: September 23, 2021, 02:32:53 pm »
 :lmao

Fingers crossed its not Covid Rob

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62540 on: September 23, 2021, 02:54:45 pm »
You did well to last this long Rob.
That him done until Xmas?

Nah, he's is back at school as soon as I can get him there.

:lmao

Fingers crossed its not Covid Rob

Cheers.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:22:30 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #62541 on: September 23, 2021, 04:13:35 pm »
Welshred and Tepid can hold their laughter in, but I've got to take the lad for a PCR test. Coughing, says he can't smell things properly and sent home from school, they asked would I please take him.

Very much hope it's merely him being a rapscallion and identifying Covid symptoms to bunk off school, as you alluded to earlier and we all tried when younger.

Testing him is absolutely the right thing to do.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62542 on: September 23, 2021, 05:17:43 pm »
36710 new cases and 182 deaths reported today.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62543 on: September 23, 2021, 05:30:00 pm »
Wonder if the idea is to get as many people of the low-risk groups infected or at least exposed to the virus now, as some sort of a natural immunity booster, instead of giving vaccine boosters.

With over 1000 deaths per week that seems like a dangerous game to me. :-\
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #62544 on: September 23, 2021, 06:49:13 pm »
We seem to be sleepwalking back to where we were earlier in the year - and with the current government's fuck ups being on the front page - I fear that this is going to go back to the back of the public consciousness in the same way it did this time last year.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62545 on: September 23, 2021, 06:51:28 pm »
Very much hope it's merely him being a rapscallion and identifying Covid symptoms to bunk off school, as you alluded to earlier and we all tried when younger.

Testing him is absolutely the right thing to do.

His suddenly made an amazing recovery since he found out he can't go to school tomorrow as they have requested he stays home until we get the result and the wife said if its in early he can still stay off.
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62546 on: September 23, 2021, 06:52:45 pm »
We seem to be sleepwalking back to where we were earlier in the year - and with the current government's fuck ups being on the front page - I fear that this is going to go back to the back of the public consciousness in the same way it did this time last year.

Boris will save Christmas and the absolute idiot English will lap it up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #62547 on: September 23, 2021, 07:02:36 pm »
His suddenly made an amazing recovery since he found out he can't go to school tomorrow as they have requested he stays home until we get the result and the wife said if its in early he can still stay off.

;D

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62548 on: September 23, 2021, 09:13:54 pm »
Covid spreading like wildfire throughout the school I work in. Y11 in particular, decimated.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #62549 on: September 23, 2021, 10:23:12 pm »
I just don't get how hundreds of deaths a day is acceptable now. Last year we all were under police lockdown and we had single and double figure deaths some days.

This country is a fucking shambles.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62550 on: September 23, 2021, 10:26:00 pm »
I just don't get how hundreds of deaths a day is acceptable now. Last year we all were under police lockdown and we had single and double figure deaths some days.

This country is a fucking shambles.

Where's the money coming from?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62551 on: September 23, 2021, 10:50:38 pm »
I was initially a sceptic of vaccine passports. Now I think they need enforced. Zero compromises. Anyone not double vaccinated? Fuck off. You're not getting through the door of wherever requires it.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62552 on: September 23, 2021, 11:02:13 pm »
I was initially a sceptic of vaccine passports. Now I think they need enforced. Zero compromises. Anyone not double vaccinated? Fuck off. You're not getting through the door of wherever requires it.

When Ireland did it for pubs and restaurants, the uptake for vaccinations was huge. 

A tree surgeon working at my house today was vehemently anti-vax, but said he would get it if his local pub required it.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62553 on: September 23, 2021, 11:12:10 pm »
100% it should be mandatory to get in anywhere, pubs, restaurant, cinema, theatre etc.

If the gullible fools lap up the antivax messaged then tough shit. As you say, Fuck em
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #62554 on: September 24, 2021, 12:00:09 am »
When Ireland did it for pubs and restaurants, the uptake for vaccinations was huge. 

A tree surgeon working at my house today was vehemently anti-vax, but said he would get it if his local pub required it.

Antivax = Selfish

Simple as.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62555 on: September 24, 2021, 08:08:20 am »
Where's the money coming from?

where does it ever come from
YNWA.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62556 on: September 24, 2021, 09:50:39 am »
where does it ever come from
I thought Theresa found the magic money tree? Or does that only have enough for the dup ?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #62557 on: September 24, 2021, 09:55:53 am »

Is it worth the hassle though? Maybe it is, but loads of vaccinated people are carrying and spreading the virus anyway and the vaccine take up has always been high.

It'll still rip through the unvaccinated schools where kids will spread it back to their vaccinated parents.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62558 on: September 24, 2021, 09:59:04 am »
Booster jab booked in for a week on Monday for me :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62559 on: September 24, 2021, 10:05:34 am »
Is it worth the hassle though? Maybe it is, but loads of vaccinated people are carrying and spreading the virus anyway and the vaccine take up has always been high.

It'll still rip through the unvaccinated schools where kids will spread it back to their vaccinated parents.

Ask the NHS, seeing as they are seeing mainly unvaccinated patients being admitted, 75% was the figure I saw the other week.
Jurgen YNWA