Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3461541 times)

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
Nope I’m healthy so I’m one of the lucky ones. I haven’t been out as I didn’t really have to. I’m lucky really as I can easily sit on my own for weeks watching tv or playing PlayStation and it doesn’t really bother me.

Thanks for all the replies on supermarkets it’s appreciated  :wave

To each their own and all that - but for my money a walk, some fresh air etc is a good idea.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Interesting thread about the tracing app and the trade offs between centralised and de-centralised systems.

https://twitter.com/ChristoPhraser/status/1259079830441771010

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
When do we find out if lockdown is being lifted or not?
Thought it already had mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Whilst the weather is so nice and me and all my family have stayed at home with no interaction with outsiders, am I ok to go and visit them so long as I don't get closer than 2mtrs then?

I'll not go in the house, we'll all stay outside and I'll only touch a cup or glass with gloves on when I have a drink.

I've got 3 grand children's birthdays coming up and I've already missed having mothers day with them as well as my sisters, a nieces and a great nephews birthday so I've been really good following the rules.

I go and see my parents and talk to them from about 4-5 metres away. Don't see a problem with doing that to be honest.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I go and see my parents and talk to them from about 4-5 metres away. Don't see a problem with doing that to be honest.
Ah but most of mine are 80 miles away with my daughter being the closest at about 15 miles away but they're in a flat with no outside space and she lives in a city so more chance of being stopped and turned back.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
This comedian Johnson has put up today banging on about cycling to work, beggars belief how little thought these clowns have actually put into the practicalities of it.

Imagine someone who lives even somewhere reasonably close like in say Huyton and works in town cycling to work and back every day...the work that would need doing to make that even half doable is off the charts.

Or people being asked to do it who work in the City of London who live in all the places they commute from.

There is no easy answer of course but fucking hell - if they are saying as he has today only 1 in 10 of current demand can be met then all i can say is wow, just wow.

Working from home will of course be massive and maybe is the biggest solution to the puzzle - but you just have to laugh at how these jokers think millions can just start cycling.

'On yer bike!'

"The government will also publish fast-tracked statutory guidance requiring councils in England to cater for increased numbers of cycling and pedestrians."

Most councils especially in the north are absolutely skint after years of savage cuts by these c*nts - the money needed to do even half of this  simply won't be there.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2020, 04:54:10 pm by an tha »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Interesting thread about the tracing app and the trade offs between centralised and de-centralised systems.

https://twitter.com/ChristoPhraser/status/1259079830441771010

Miles Berry is scathing with regard to the people running it.
https://twitter.com/mberry/status/1258801474840264706?s=21
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1259029829137190913.html

Dunno if that works - good info about the ventilators
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah but most of mine are 80 miles away with my daughter being the closest at about 15 miles away but they're in a flat with no outside space and she lives in a city so more chance of being stopped and turned back.

Not sure about going 80 miles for a visit but would definitely travel 15 to see a family member, just stay outside  during your visit and I don't see why not. As long as people are sensible I think its more than acceptable to do something like this for the first time in what? 6-7 weeks.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure about going 80 miles for a visit but would definitely travel 15 to see a family member, just stay outside  during your visit and I don't see why not. As long as people are sensible I think its more than acceptable to do something like this for the first time in what? 6-7 weeks.
I was actually being facetious mate. 

I can survive without seeing everyone to help keep myself and them safe.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1259029829137190913.html

Dunno if that works - good info about the ventilators

Yeah, that's really good, especially as some people seem like they've had the 'ok' to pick up again. Still about 12,000 people in hospitals with it? And a few hundred more every day even with us not being soft about social distancing.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
This comedian Johnson has put up today banging on about cycling to work, beggars belief how little thought these clowns have actually put into the practicalities of it.

Imagine someone who lives even somewhere reasonably close like in say Huyton and works in town cycling to work and back every day...the work that would need doing to make that even half doable is off the charts.

Or people being asked to do it who work in the City of London who live in all the places they commute from.

There is no easy answer of course but fucking hell - if they are saying as he has today only 1 in 10 of current demand can be met then all i can say is wow, just wow.

Working from home will of course be massive and maybe is the biggest solution to the puzzle - but you just have to laugh at how these jokers think millions can just start cycling.

'On yer bike!'

Liverpool LibDems are pushing for a cycling based agenda when the country opens up. They are assuming that the Tories will try to kick start the economy by investing in capital infrastructure and saying that cycling infrastructure could be the way. Not a LibDem fan but it certainly highlights the possibilities.
Myself, I can never understand why we don’t use those huge central reservations left over from trams. We are never getting a tram network back, so why not put a tarmac strip down the middle of Queens Drive, Mather Ave, MenloveAve, Muirhead Ave, even Tuebrook and West Derby Road. The Regent Road cycle route  would be great if only there wasn’t access roads with a right of way cutting them. Boardman pointed out that if they put a zebra crossing across the access road instead of give way cars would have to give way to cyclists and pedestrians,  but cars win every time.
So many simple solutions
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
So - 3896 new cases in UK today and 346 deaths........presume the lower figures are due to bank holiday.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was actually being facetious mate. 

I can survive without seeing everyone to help keep myself and them safe.

Ahhh right [emoji23]

Personally though I don't see a risk with siting outside having a chat with family but mine all live under 10 minutes away and not in city's so less risk travelling as well.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
Liverpool LibDems are pushing for a cycling based agenda when the country opens up. They are assuming that the Tories will try to kick start the economy by investing in capital infrastructure and saying that cycling infrastructure could be the way. Not a LibDem fan but it certainly highlights the possibilities.
Myself, I can never understand why we don’t use those huge central reservations left over from trams. We are never getting a tram network back, so why not put a tarmac strip down the middle of Queens Drive, Mather Ave, MenloveAve, Muirhead Ave, even Tuebrook and West Derby Road. The Regent Road cycle route  would be great if only there wasn’t access roads with a right of way cutting them. Boardman pointed out that if they put a zebra crossing across the access road instead of give way cars would have to give way to cyclists and pedestrians,  but cars win every time.
So many simple solutions

Like so many infrastrcture things it won't happen because of money sadly.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Wonder why Barrow has the highest infection rate per head in England - anyone know ?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2020, 05:54:37 pm by Thepooloflife »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Like so many infrastrcture things it won't happen because of money sadly.

Daft really. Better to do that than cut the train time to London by 10 minutes at a cost of billions.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
Clearly daily deaths going down by the day when you see actual date of death.

Offline an tha

• Kopite
Daft really. Better to do that than cut the train time to London by 10 minutes at a cost of billions.

Yeah

They'll probably do a fair bit of it in London and maybe improve (a bit but not enough) in other major cities, but personally i can't see the money being actually available to really make a difference.....it'll be a scratch the surface job. Probably see loads of councils start and be unable to finish.

Of course whatever happens these twats in power will claim it has been a total success and accept no responsibility at all for where things aren't right.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2020, 05:35:16 pm by an tha »

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
This is incredibly selfish. The state of a park in London

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
There is no way to tell from that picture if those in the background are any closer to each other than those in the foreground.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan

Just because people are dying, people are not meant to enjoy themselves?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan

When do we have your permission to responsibly leave our homes? Let me know so I can tell the family.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ahhh right [emoji23]

Personally though I don't see a risk with siting outside having a chat with family but mine all live under 10 minutes away and not in city's so less risk travelling as well.
Neither do I when they live close by.  My own family over in lancs, sister, son, nieces and nephews have all been visiting each other.

Especially my sister who lives very rurally and has no car now due to no income so they've been delivering shopping and checking she's ok.  They all have gardens though so can stay apart.

My daughter who has 2 kids and no outside space at all has been taking them to her in laws so they can play in the garden but nan and grandad have stayed inside.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
There is no way to tell from that picture if those in the background are any closer to each other than those in the foreground.

Was tweeted by the police, saying they are fighting a losing battle. It’s the same in Hyde park in central London. Picnics and rollerblading all over the place.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
Hope you are being sarcastic.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Was tweeted by the police, saying they are fighting a losing battle. It’s the same in Hyde park in central London. Picnics and rollerblading all over the place.

There is more to avoiding the virus than the 2 meter distance. It also lives on surfaces, including the streets people are walking on in their safe parties. The grass, the bicycle wheels, the dog that's gone for a walk. There is still an ignorance in this country on what the virus is and the numbers show that.
Initially the guidelines were essentially go buy food because you cant survive otherwise and that's it, now its do as you like if you think youre smart enough and everyone thinks they're bloody Einstein.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Well, I guess that's fair enough. I wasn't sure of your point, since there has been discussion here about social distancing (the actual distances employed). But if the police are saying this, I take that at face value.

I do actually think that people should stay at home if at all possible. Exercise is important too. But, of course, no one appears to be exercising in that picture.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....

Why aren't they being moved along by the police? When did the lockdown rules stop being enforced?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Why aren't they being moved along by the police? When did the lockdown rules stop being enforced?

A Hackney Police statement, posted on its official Twitter page alongside an image believed to be of London Fields, said: "Sadly we're fighting a losing battle in the parks today.
"Literally hundreds of people sitting having pizza, beers, wines. As always a big thank you to those that are observing the guidelines."

Fucking disgraceful to be honest.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Why aren't they being told to get the fuck out of there. If you want to be a martyr go in to the middle of it and light a big fat spliff, the police won't be long coming over to tell people to disperse.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seems like a good revenue generating opportunity, to help pay for the furlough scheme etc. They can issue fines left, right and centre.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hey it could be worse!!

I've got 4 mid 30s blokes, pissed and coked up singing, dancing and playing in a hot tub the size of a kiddies paddling pool next door.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan

Why? Why now and not last week? Or 4 weeks ago? Or on the 24th March?

Nothing has changed
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Hey it could be worse!!

I've got 4 mid 30s blokes, pissed and coked up singing, dancing and playing in a hot tub the size of a kiddies paddling pool next door.

Thought Love Island was cancelled this year?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thought Love Island was cancelled this year?
This is the Barnsley version mate. 

Booze, coke, bad music, no girls.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
There's an interesting short video going around comparing UK and New Zealand response to the virus.  Jacinda Ardern is very strong and clear, she is really quite impressive. Firmly no herding etc.

I think the Queen should sign a bill to get Jacinda Ardern to be PM of the UK. Boris is not fit to hold high office and NZ is a commonwealth country so the queen will have the power to do so.  Ardern is amazing. She made the Easter bunny an essential worker what is not to love. Strong leadership looking after her people and did not let things get out of control closed the borders etc 

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

Arrests after anti-lockdown protest in London

Marianna Spring

Disinformation and social media reporter
Protests in London
BBCCopyright: BBC

The protesters who gathered in central London were emotional. Many were angry and distrustful of the police, government and media - although most were polite when I spoke to them.

They had placards and leaflets detailing a wide range of conspiracy theories - their targets included 5G technology, Bill Gates and vaccinations. Some clustered in front of our camera and joined arms in defiance of social distancing.

Small groups of up to 40 or 50 people gathered at various points in the capital in the morning.

Our team saw arrests in St James’s Park, near the Accident and Emergency department of St Thomas’ Hospital, and outside the Houses of Parliament. The Metropolitan Police reported 14 arrests.

A police statement said: “Despite repeated attempts by officers to engage with the group, explain the current restrictions and encourage them to go home a number refused to leave.”

Have you seen something misleading online? Email me: marianna.spring@bbc.co.uk
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline an tha

• Kopite
I think the Queen should sign a bill to get Jacinda Ardern to be PM of the UK. Boris is not fit to hold high office and NZ is a commonwealth country so the queen will have the power to do so.  Ardern is amazing. She made the Easter bunny an essential worker what is not to love. Strong leadership looking after her people and did not let things get out of control closed the borders etc

She has done a good job, but doing so for a country with a population about half of London that is where it is is a very different challenge to the one faced here....

And i am not sticking up for these useless gets in charge here, they have been dreadful.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ahhh right [emoji23]

From a distancing point of view, I don't see the big risk either. Have to point out though, that "having a chat" is not on the list of reasonable excuses to leave your home.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly