Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879889 times)

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #1120 on: August 4, 2021, 02:47:37 pm »
Did they end up putting the rail seats in?

Looks class at OT, City and Chelsea

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1121 on: August 4, 2021, 03:06:43 pm »
I thought there wasn't going to be hospitality in there, I thought it was all going to GS and STs? Have I completely made that up?! ;D

There's hospitality in the Anny Road at the moment. Blocks 225-227 definitely, but all currently with off-site hospitality. The lower rows of the new upper tier will be hospitality with a new hospitality concourse behind. I don't think the net increase in hospitality seats is that big. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: August 4, 2021, 03:10:35 pm »
Yeah, and it looks like they can't even sell all in the main stand, judging by the empty seats in there every game.....or are my eyes playing tricks ?

They sell out consistently.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: August 4, 2021, 04:44:43 pm »
They sell out consistently.

Without sounding like a city fan sure most are companies that buy them for the season to entertain clients. Whether they fill them consistently is on them but they defo sell

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: August 4, 2021, 06:25:59 pm »
Without sounding like a city fan sure most are companies that buy them for the season to entertain clients. Whether they fill them consistently is on them but they defo sell

That's true. I was going to add something similar. The secondary market (touts) must buy quite a few and because they sell on their sites for silly money it doesn't matter if a few don't sell.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1125 on: August 4, 2021, 06:43:20 pm »
I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s always a quite a few businessmen out for a jolly who film YNWA then go trough at the bar for 90 minutes. I worked at an agency with BT for a client and a senior account guy (not a Liverpool fan) got given a ticket to the Kiev final, I overheard him weeks after telling someone he saw 10 minutes of the game but managed to get nicely hammered. And that’s a final.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2021, 06:48:02 pm by meady1981 »

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1126 on: August 4, 2021, 07:08:16 pm »
Fair enough - just think the vast majority of AR should be for general sales/ST. If it's very limited hospitality then fine, but we've a massive ST waiting list.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1127 on: August 4, 2021, 07:09:50 pm »
Fair enough - just think the vast majority of AR should be for general sales/ST. If it's very limited hospitality then fine, but we've a massive ST waiting list.

Financially it’s not that viable without hospitality in there to bring the average seat income up.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: August 4, 2021, 07:16:27 pm »

It's shown in the planning application. Seating plan drawing shows:

General Admission - 13,831
Hospitality - 1,806
Netted Segregation - 332

Gross Capacity - 15,969

All of the lower and almost 6,000 of the new upper tier will be General Admission
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1129 on: August 4, 2021, 07:23:22 pm »

Hospitality - 1,806
Netted Segregation - 332

Gross Capacity - 15,969

All of the lower and almost 6,000 of the new upper tier will be General Admission

Cheers, Alan - hadn't seen any figures, but that's not too bad.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: August 4, 2021, 07:28:47 pm »
Cheers, Alan - hadn't seen any figures, but that's not too bad.

Existing Upper is 2,650 so it's about 2/3rds of that and about 1/3 is already hospitality. I'll see if the exact figures are in one of the reports.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1131 on: August 4, 2021, 10:10:18 pm »
Did they end up putting the rail seats in?

Looks class at OT, City and Chelsea
There's some in the Kop, none in the Annie Road when I went on the tour saturday
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1132 on: August 12, 2021, 11:40:26 pm »
Looked through but can’t see anything that discusses it in this thread, but anyone hazard a guess or know how many extra ST’s will come from this?

The club needs to surely make a big dent in the waiting list and this seems to be the obvious way that will happen, but is that too obvious??
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1133 on: August 12, 2021, 11:43:16 pm »
Looked through but can’t see anything that discusses it in this thread, but anyone hazard a guess or know how many extra ST’s will come from this?

The club needs to surely make a big dent in the waiting list and this seems to be the obvious way that will happen, but is that too obvious??

You sure you looked through as it’s defo the topic of discussion the last page or two.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1134 on: August 13, 2021, 09:37:18 pm »
Are the club doing anything to encourage young lads and girls into the match. Again I thought I read something that they were keeping a certain amount of tickets spare each game and with the new ARE would help that process.  To be honest we need it. When I was able to throw the shackles off of going the game with my elders in 1984 then meeting my mate to go the match on our own was something to behold.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: August 17, 2021, 02:08:03 pm »
Are the club doing anything to encourage young lads and girls into the match.

You can now use adult/child in any part of the ground. The main stand side of the upper Annie is still reserved for adult/child, but if you can get adult/child you can pay the adult/child price in any part.

I haven't read anything official but it does seem to be a bit easier to get kids into the match at kids prices, so I assume the allocation isn't restricted, like it was previously, to half the upper Road End. I'm still waiting to see what happens if an adult season ticket holder transfers to a kid on their f&f list.

I think the days of kids going in by themselves are gone forever, unfortunately, but assume that'd apply to all clubs.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:09:46 pm by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: August 17, 2021, 02:13:39 pm »

Hospitality - 1,806
Netted Segregation - 332

Gross Capacity - 15,969

So, how many new seasies? If all of the lower is general admission, I'd assume the 1,806 hospitality would be upper. So not many new seasies, I assume.

I was hoping for around 2,198, that would have done me nicely.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1137 on: August 17, 2021, 04:51:50 pm »
Are the club doing anything to encourage young lads and girls into the match. Again I thought I read something that they were keeping a certain amount of tickets spare each game and with the new ARE would help that process.  To be honest we need it. When I was able to throw the shackles off of going the game with my elders in 1984 then meeting my mate to go the match on our own was something to behold.

Not specifically for young lads and girls per se, but the club are still setting aside £9 tickets for those with an L-Postcode (and you don´t even have to pay the membership fee), in both the corners of the Upper Main Stand. Would be great to see a small extension of that into the new Anny Road, even if its just a few hundred.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: August 17, 2021, 06:05:58 pm »
Not specifically for young lads and girls per se, but the club are still setting aside £9 tickets for those with an L-Postcode (and you don´t even have to pay the membership fee), in both the corners of the Upper Main Stand. Would be great to see a small extension of that into the new Anny Road, even if its just a few hundred.

There's already an allocation for local members in the lower Annie. That could be increased and as the £9 kids tickets aren't restricted to upper Annie anymore, could be a good thing for local kids.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1139 on: August 30, 2021, 10:07:51 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5ySeM3FeG_M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5ySeM3FeG_M</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1140 on: August 30, 2021, 10:37:18 pm »
I like how the video just casually demolishes houses people are currently living in just for the Kenny Stand rebuild...

Also that bit over Walton Breck Road seems completely doable...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1141 on: August 30, 2021, 10:43:42 pm »
And there was no fucking aubergine stuck on top either
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1142 on: August 31, 2021, 08:35:35 am »
I dont even bother with those videos
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1143 on: August 31, 2021, 01:22:19 pm »
I like how the video just casually demolishes houses people are currently living in just for the Kenny Stand rebuild...

I made the mistake of trying to raise those points in his previous video of phase 2/3. Never again. I had one guy telling me (seriously) that it was neglectful that Liverpool hadn’t built a new stadium for safety purposes, especially after what had happened in 1988 when part of a stand collapsing caused the Hillsborough disaster.

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1144 on: August 31, 2021, 06:02:38 pm »

The SKD stand part neglects the nearby owner's right to light which has always been a big issue. Not sure it's quite that easy.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1145 on: August 31, 2021, 08:18:57 pm »
The SKD stand part neglects the nearby owner's right to light which has always been a big issue. Not sure it's quite that easy.

Dear resident of Skerries road (east side)
The club are about to evict your neighbours and demolish the row of small houses opposite you, replacing them with one of the largest stands in Europe. The facade and new entrances will be 20 feet away from your front door (where Doris's net curtains used to be) and all going well will be used by 20k people every other week (plus some shit like Gary Barlow and Meatloaf). You wont be able to park there on match days and people will probably piss through your letter box but you'll have a great view of the police horses from your sofa.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
The club.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1146 on: August 31, 2021, 08:32:44 pm »
Dear resident of Skerries road (east side)
The club are about to evict your neighbours and demolish the row of small houses opposite you, replacing them with one of the largest stands in Europe. The facade and new entrances will be 20 feet away from your front door (where Doris's net curtains used to be) and all going well will be used by 20k people every other week (plus some shit like Gary Barlow and Meatloaf). You wont be able to park there on match days and people will probably piss through your letter box but you'll have a great view of the police horses from your sofa.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
The club.

PS - you know how we sold these to you for a quid? Reckon we could buy them back for a quid to?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1147 on: August 31, 2021, 08:39:34 pm »
And it’s not like you could build around whilst you redeveloped it.  It would need knocking down and starting again.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1148 on: August 31, 2021, 09:24:30 pm »
And it’s not like you could build around whilst you redeveloped it.  It would need knocking down and starting again.

Send for Edwyn Collins.

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1149 on: September 1, 2021, 12:24:17 pm »
lol me too man ... what a grind ... lookup tool for latest position is down so can't check latest position on it: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/stwl-position-lookup/login
Surely the club should have this up and running again by now. Season has started. They know how many season tickets have been renewed, handed back, one year holiday etc.
Still being ‘down for scheduled maintenance’ is a joke.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1150 on: September 1, 2021, 02:40:10 pm »
There's a fella on youtube who is doing quality drone footage of the work progress of the Anfield Road Stand.
He's actually a blue and is doing the same thing with the Bramley Moore progress. But he's very complimentary about us and our Stadium.
Worth looking at other videos he has done around the city as well.

Also worth subscribing to his channel (free of charge) where you will get updates on his work.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XBZDUOyn4eE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XBZDUOyn4eE</a>

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1151 on: September 2, 2021, 04:35:31 am »
Send for Edwyn Collins.
One for the teenagers there. Great record!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: September 2, 2021, 10:18:51 pm »
The footprint of the stand upgrade is mind boggling. It's amazing to get your head around how big these new stands are.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline OnTheVirg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1153 on: September 3, 2021, 09:10:14 pm »
I'm pretty sure the trenches and pipework being laid is under or beside the rerouted Annie Road and not the footprint/base of the stand, so although it's big, it's not that big.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1154 on: September 3, 2021, 09:34:00 pm »
There's a fella on youtube who is doing quality drone footage of the work progress of the Anfield Road Stand.
He's actually a blue and is doing the same thing with the Bramley Moore progress. But he's very complimentary about us and our Stadium.
Worth looking at other videos he has done around the city as well.

Also worth subscribing to his channel (free of charge) where you will get updates on his work.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XBZDUOyn4eE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XBZDUOyn4eE</a>

Looks like quite a few holes have been back filled there, progress may start to be a bit more visible now

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #1155 on: September 5, 2021, 01:32:07 pm »
Don’t think will do loads of new season tickets, will be mostly match day I suspect.  And the hospitality won’t include offsite.  It will just be the “new” on-site hospitality.  Sports bar mostly.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1156 on: September 5, 2021, 02:30:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure the trenches and pipework being laid is under or beside the rerouted Annie Road and not the footprint/base of the stand, so although it's big, it's not that big.

I was reliably told at the ground the footprint of the actual stand is up to this green container on the right.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1157 on: September 5, 2021, 07:29:07 pm »

I was reliably told at the ground the footprint of the actual stand is up to this green container on the right.

DTBTV?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1158 on: September 5, 2021, 09:00:08 pm »

Not big enough. FSG out!  :P
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1159 on: September 5, 2021, 09:12:09 pm »
Not big enough. FSG out!  :P

Nooo!

You'll summon up ye Beast known in the Necronomicon as 'Al666'.