Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 880224 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #1040 on: June 30, 2021, 04:03:29 am »
Nothing new here, but just some lovely drone footage of the ground as the back of the ARE is being prepared for work to start.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ghhHyhP9P3g&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ghhHyhP9P3g&amp;t=1s</a>
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1041 on: June 30, 2021, 06:17:49 am »
Nice. I like how the white banner appears at the end to hide Woodison  :D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1042 on: July 4, 2021, 05:14:40 pm »
So, the Anny Road plans have had to be scaled back due to escalating costs.......

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: July 4, 2021, 05:20:22 pm »
So, the Anny Road plans have had to be scaled back due to escalating costs.......

Still make more noise than the Main Stand Ultras.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: July 4, 2021, 09:40:25 pm »
“Oh we’re the barmy Anny Road Army, tra la la la la la.“. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: July 4, 2021, 09:50:15 pm »

Joking apart, if we are going to put a fair size access point at the join between The Rd End and The Kenny, can we not put some temporary seats in the gap on match days?  Even something as small as this would add 30 bums on seats or more realistically around 150 or more is achievable.

We are Loyal Supporters

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1046 on: July 4, 2021, 11:15:59 pm »
Joking apart, if we are going to put a fair size access point at the join between The Rd End and The Kenny, can we not put some temporary seats in the gap on match days?  Even something as small as this would add 30 bums on seats or more realistically around 150 or more is achievable.

I think it’s used very often for things like the huge grow lights which go on the pitch daily, that it may be just too much work for the relatively modest increase. Plus I imagine the exit is also part of the emergency planning so couldn’t be blocked.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: July 5, 2021, 01:33:47 pm »
Operation Anfield Exercise gets announced and everyone has to leave their seats.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1048 on: July 6, 2021, 02:27:15 pm »
From what I've read by him he absolutely hates FSG.
I suspect some of those FSG haters made property investor decisions based on the belief that there would be no Anfield redevelopment and we would build  a new stadium....FSG haven't been perfect by any means but they've done what 95% of Liverpool fans wanted(a redevelopment) but when money is involved logic goes out of the window.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1049 on: July 9, 2021, 09:06:07 pm »
Good bit of drone football here….

https://youtu.be/dSN8p10u_nE

I hadn’t got my head round how much bigger the footprint was going to be…

It’s huge
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1050 on: July 9, 2021, 09:17:25 pm »
Can’t take that ^^ seriously. So unprofessional and uninformative compared to the other guys reporting the stadium redev each week. I mean not even a mention of the new road through the park or the roof coming off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: July 9, 2021, 09:17:59 pm »
I didn’t  have the sound up…

Just watched the footage
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1052 on: July 9, 2021, 09:41:52 pm »
I didn’t  have the sound up…

Just watched the footage

Woosh  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1054 on: July 9, 2021, 09:48:34 pm »
oh….

You’re ready for the summer hols mate!  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: July 9, 2021, 09:53:17 pm »
Two weeks off.  No where to go.

Cant wait for footie to be back.
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: July 9, 2021, 09:53:56 pm »
Woosh  ;D

tbf, if he didn't have the sound up, he had no way to tell he was being wooshed. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: July 9, 2021, 09:58:48 pm »
tbf, if he didn't have the sound up, he had no way to tell he was being wooshed. ;D
Thank god for that!
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: July 10, 2021, 09:11:06 am »
Good bit of drone football here….

https://youtu.be/dSN8p10u_nE

I hadn’t got my head round how much bigger the footprint was going to be…

It’s huge

The fewm from across the park is going to be immense ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1059 on: July 10, 2021, 01:24:31 pm »
Amazing how quickly they are getting this done, right after planning permission was granted.

Our owners do not mess around unlike the Owners across the park who play Evertonians for fools .
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1060 on: July 11, 2021, 04:49:12 am »
Great to see the enabling works for site preparation work for the main construction contract (e.g. site preparatory works such as major demolition, removal of contaminated materials, environmental mitigation measures, soil stabilisation;  new sewers, new access road, new drainage, and minor new building works). So we are currently in the Enabling phase of work.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 04:55:09 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: July 11, 2021, 02:11:34 pm »
I'll be working until late but as I've been metioned in your post I'd like the opportunity to reply in detail.

The short response is that the reason for the separate entrance is purely down to physical and practical issues and is not 'apartheid.' Apartheid was the deliberate subjugation of people based on race. The implication that the club and the architects had the option to build something different but decided to deliberately fuck over wheelchaire users is, quite frankly, offensive.

Using sketches, I tried to show you the limitations the club and the architects were dealing with and made suggestions as to how the space allocated to the wheelchair lounge might be increased. However I don't think there is a clear solution that would link the wheelchair concourse at level 1 to the General Admission concourse at level 2, which would be affordable or practical.

Every stadium is a compromise in terms of inclusivity. True inclusivity would mean any wheelchair user could sit anywhere in the ground. That's achievable in theory but would mean lifts & ramps everywhere and a huge reduction in capacity and an impact on the the atmosphere, never mind the cost. You cite Bramley Moore Dock as a good example of inclusive design but it's still a massive compromise in real terms. Wheelchair users can only sit in dedicated 'tribunes'. Isn't that still segregation? You reference BLM in some of your posts. If all black supporters had to sit in dedicated areas that would be segregation and disgusting because the only reason they would be in dedicated areas would be the colour of their skin. The reality is that architects and clients have to deal with real physical and cost limitations.

I'll write in a bit more detail later.

Sorry for replying to quite an old discussion
At the Etihad its brilliant the wheel chair spaces ae at the back row and easily accessible  via the GA concourse So you are mixed in with other fans
the only parts af Anfield where the wheelchairs are mixed in is the old disabled sections front row of the Kop, ARE,  and paddock, due to being below pitch level the views are terrible

all the new bits your are segregated onto a separate balcony and not allowed to visit the food and drink kiosks before the game or HT now that does feel  like segregation

Its pretty shit, are there any architectural  reasons for the separate balconies  in the main stand and SKD?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 02:16:14 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: July 13, 2021, 07:30:07 pm »
Let’s hope the Annie road extension has the same impact as the main stand extension…

It added quite a significant amount to the atmosphere in the stadium…

Imagine if we can take it up another notch?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 07:43:55 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1063 on: July 13, 2021, 07:42:16 pm »
Let’s hope the Annie road extension has the same impact as the main stand extension…

It added quite a significant amount to the at owl here in the stadium…

Imagine if we can take it up another notch?
*Insert your own Hodgson joke here*
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: July 13, 2021, 07:44:15 pm »
*Insert your own Hodgson joke here*
Fucking hell… autocorrect has ruined me
W

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1065 on: July 14, 2021, 06:17:29 am »
Fucking hell… autocorrect has ruined me

To the winner... a bucket of mice.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #1066 on: July 21, 2021, 12:36:39 am »
the idea is that there is 3rd and 4th stage?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 02:56:09 pm by Nico CARP »
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1067 on: July 21, 2021, 08:26:52 am »
I think they’re going to expand the Kop, then the SKD, then they’re going to re-do the main stand again.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: July 22, 2021, 06:49:12 am »
 ;D

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1069 on: July 22, 2021, 02:59:24 pm »
I think they’re going to expand the Kop, then the SKD, then they’re going to re-do the main stand again.

but the idea of ​​the owners is to remodel all the stands?
River Plate Forum

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1070 on: July 22, 2021, 03:04:23 pm »
but the idea of ​​the owners is to remodel all the stands?

Prob not, or at least not for a while after the Anny is done. Both the Kop and Kenny have quite a few issues preventing any work being easily done.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1071 on: July 22, 2021, 03:58:53 pm »
Prob not, or at least not for a while after the Anny is done. Both the Kop and Kenny have quite a few issues preventing any work being easily done.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: July 22, 2021, 04:03:30 pm »
No aubergines stuck to the stands either?  Poor.
W

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1073 on: July 22, 2021, 06:00:06 pm »

What are the problems with updating Kop and Kenny? Are they impossible to solve?
River Plate Forum

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1074 on: July 22, 2021, 06:06:50 pm »
What are the problems with updating Kop and Kenny? Are they impossible to solve?

Been discussed to death on here. In short... road right behind the Kop. Lived in houses right behind the Kenny.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1075 on: July 22, 2021, 09:49:28 pm »
Been discussed to death on here. In short... road right behind the Kop. Lived in houses right behind the Kenny.

Do you think they'll ever do the corners? Asking for a friend.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: July 22, 2021, 10:09:41 pm »
Do you think they'll ever do the corners? Asking for a friend.

No idea, but it will be great when Anfield holds a Europa League final.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1077 on: July 22, 2021, 11:14:40 pm »

No, they aren't impossible to solve, although they would be very expensive I'd imagine.

The club did own the houses behind the Sir Kenneth, but now do not. They'd have to be bought and the current tenants/owners compensated and relocated, and that's assuming they actually want to be relocated. The Kop has Walton Breck Road right behind it. God only knows why it wasn't rerouted slightly when much of what's on the other side of WBR behind the Kop was demolished, but it wasn't. There is also a church there, and although it's been said they are open to relocation, I don't know the facts on that. With some foresight by previous owners and the council we may have been in a better position to redevelop the whole ground than we currently are. Most on here know a lot more about it than I do, but from where I see it, it's possible, but maybe too costly and littered with barriers to progress.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1078 on: July 23, 2021, 03:09:46 am »
The club did own the houses behind the Sir Kenneth, but now do not. They'd have to be bought and the current tenants/owners compensated and relocated, and that's assuming they actually want to be relocated.

:shocked :duh

Why did the club do that? I do not think about the future? Has the club believed that it would never need to remodel Anfield?
River Plate Forum

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: July 23, 2021, 08:16:46 am »

Just build straight up, a 5 tier stand would be  piece of piss.
Jurgen YNWA