Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 102110 times)

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #1160 on: April 21, 2024, 07:39:08 pm »
I honestly think he's been better than Konate this season.

At Konate's best there's still a pretty big gap to be honest, and Konate suits our current system far more I think, but he's been really unreliable (in terms of fitness) and inconsistent (in terms of form) this season it must be said. Quansah is a fine prospect though, and he had another superb showing today, and that system may well be about to change anyway.

Incredible composure and maturity for his age. He'll have a Liverpool career no bother.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: April 21, 2024, 07:41:53 pm »
I honestly think he's been better than Konate this season.

Not even in doubt to be honest.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1162 on: April 21, 2024, 07:49:36 pm »
At Konate's best there's still a pretty big gap to be honest, and Konate suits our current system far more I think, but he's been really unreliable (in terms of fitness) and inconsistent (in terms of form) this season it must be said. Quansah is a fine prospect though, and he had another superb showing today, and that system may well be about to change anyway.

Incredible composure and maturity for his age. He'll have a Liverpool career no bother.

Konate needs to cut out turning every challenge into an arm wrestle.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #1163 on: April 21, 2024, 10:37:37 pm »
I have to admit as well I think he's outright our second choice CB out of all of them. I'm very keen on him
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: April 24, 2024, 10:16:00 pm »
And should start every remaining game from here to the end of the season.

Sometimes you simply have to disregard reputation/seniority and accept the evidence of your eyes, he's the starter.

Damn....

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: April 24, 2024, 10:17:47 pm »
Gerald did marvellous when he came on. One of the few positives
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1166 on: April 24, 2024, 10:17:51 pm »
The future, should be first choice.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: April 24, 2024, 10:19:26 pm »
Needs to be starting.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: April 24, 2024, 10:19:27 pm »
One of the best things with this season. Really impressed with him. Hope he can continue down the same oat
h and improve even further.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: April 24, 2024, 10:20:58 pm »
Him and Virg for the last 5 4 games for me.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1170 on: April 24, 2024, 10:46:04 pm »
Him Danns and Clarke should start or at least be involved in every game from now to the end of the season. Can’t be any worse than those out of form players currently. At least they’ll burst a gut out to impress

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1171 on: April 25, 2024, 05:22:33 am »
Him coming into the lineup so massively when Matip and Konate were out is my highlight of the season. He's a big reason that we are even close to the title this season.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: April 25, 2024, 08:16:46 am »
No question has moved ahead of Konate for at least the remainder of this season.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #1173 on: Yesterday at 01:26:47 pm »
Won’t be in slots plans the way he’s continuing. Really fell off the cliff but suppose the whole team has.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: Yesterday at 01:29:57 pm »
Won’t be in slots plans the way he’s continuing. Really fell off the cliff but suppose the whole team has.

Utterly nonsensical, he's been flawless this half bar a single turnover in the build up - it happens.

Unfortunately he's turned the ball over in our half twice all season and has been cruelly punished for both, a learning experience for sure but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: Yesterday at 01:30:10 pm »

Disagree, he's forcing play because he's trying to up the tempo but our seniors are walking around.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: Yesterday at 01:30:36 pm »
What game are you watching?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: Yesterday at 01:31:15 pm »
He has played well not sure what game people are watching.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1178 on: Yesterday at 01:31:44 pm »

Wildest shout I've seen today.  He's going to bin off a 20 year old CB whos shown signs of being class for...what exactly?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1179 on: Yesterday at 01:34:31 pm »
He's definitely not the problem

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1180 on: Yesterday at 02:30:32 pm »
Awful defending for their 2nd goal he just let Antonio run off him - schoolboy stuff. His young so he will make mistakes but his concentration level is a real worry. Hopefully this is all money in the bank for next season for him.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: Yesterday at 02:34:45 pm »
Big test for him against Antonio and he did well.

Now that the pressure is off, we use continue blooding him.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: Yesterday at 02:35:07 pm »
It wasnt schoolboy defending he was in a good position the main problem is there was no pressure on Bowen who put in a perfect cross.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: Yesterday at 02:38:43 pm »
Awful defending for their 2nd goal he just let Antonio run off him - schoolboy stuff. His young so he will make mistakes but his concentration level is a real worry. Hopefully this is all money in the bank for next season for him.

I don't know, I think the fact that we allowed Bowen to cross uncontested from within our penalty area under no pressure into a 2 v 2 in our box was the bigger issue, but what do I know?

Perhaps if the five players standing around watching the cross come in had intervened earlier, we wouldn't be relying on our CB's to win every duel against Michael Antonio to keep a clean sheet.

It's almost as if that goal had been coming for five minutes before-hand, via approaches we've seen repeated many times this season or something.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1184 on: Yesterday at 03:10:13 pm »

2 mistakes all season

i seriously doubt slotter will get rid of him because of that

he will start fresh in pre-season same as all the other players

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1185 on: Yesterday at 04:28:58 pm »
I don't know, I think the fact that we allowed Bowen to cross uncontested from within our penalty area under no pressure into a 2 v 2 in our box was the bigger issue, but what do I know?

Perhaps if the five players standing around watching the cross come in had intervened earlier, we wouldn't be relying on our CB's to win every duel against Michael Antonio to keep a clean sheet.

It's almost as if that goal had been coming for five minutes before-hand, via approaches we've seen repeated many times this season or something.

It was a great cross by Bowen and I certainly wouldn’t blame Quansah. However as you said we should not have given Bowen that amount of space. We are so poor at pressing at the back and should be all over the opposition. Instead we sit off them with some kind of misguided belief that we are so much better than they are.

Our attackers rarely get so much space and are generally marked very closely and being pushed or held. We are naive at the back at times.
#JFT97

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: Yesterday at 04:50:17 pm »

Your usage of bold, underlined, italicised text to make your point has impressed me sir.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #1187 on: Yesterday at 04:52:25 pm »
Jesus christ this place is shocking when are playing shite

Offline KC7

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1188 on: Yesterday at 05:21:54 pm »
He's had an amazing breakout season. Definitely a first teamer going forward.

So mature (outrageously so), composed, great on the ball, and will just get better as central defenders usually do as they learn the game.

Very rare for a CB to be this good at his age.

His emergence basically means we need one CB in the transfer window (if as I suspect we need four).

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: Today at 02:20:20 am »

It was also a 25% chance that was given up. Antonio shot was really good