Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 201082 times)

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2022, 01:26:53 pm »
Exactly this, been going every home game for years and years barely missed any yet come ballot time its always lumped in with someone who may have only been a game or two in the domestic cups or 6 games in European games. Luckily since 2012 i've only missed Sevilla and the City league cup final (let sisters go togther of the 2 ballot successes), had ballot success in the rest except Kiev which i ended up paying £500 for one.

You're only 'lumped in' for the European games with those people. If you've been to all the domestic cup games/league games though it means you'll get good odds on Wembley trips and priority on the big league games.

The final allocations are tiny which means people miss out, but the current system does reward loyalty without making it a complete closed shop. It's frutrating to miss out (as I always seem to in ballots!) but I think the current one is what it is.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2022, 01:26:58 pm »
p

Guarantee if we went crap again in a few years half the people in the final ballot will be nowhere to be seen.
that's a given

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2022, 01:27:18 pm »
You're only 'lumped in' for the European games with those people. If you've been to all the domestic cup games/league games though it means you'll get good odds on Wembley trips and priority on the big league games.

The final allocations are tiny which means people miss out, but the current system does reward loyalty without making it a complete closed shop. It's frutrating to miss out (as I always seem to in ballots!) but I think the current one is what it is.
agreed

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2022, 01:31:30 pm »
Yeah but it was on general sale up until a day or two before the game. Anyone who wanted a ticket could have got one for that. The tickets only went on sale about a week before the game so when someone offered me a spare i just took it

Yeah, but presumably the stand was half empty as we only had half the allocation. Similar situation for AC and Inter
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2022, 01:32:33 pm »
Yeah, but presumably the stand was half empty as we only had half the allocation. Similar situation for AC and Inter
was 2/3s empty from memory

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2022, 01:33:13 pm »

League cup and fa cup games are the same though someone can go three games in the fa cup and be in ballot with someone whos been every cup game for years and every league game how is that fair? When it comes to a finals priority should be given. Once the club sort the distribution out so that people passing them on lose the credit it shouldnt be a problem. 

For example league cup final against cardiff that year one game got you in the ballot, someone could have been to their first game and been in the ballot with people who’d been going for years? I think back then season ticket holders with one game were guaranteed a final ticket though.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2022, 01:33:25 pm »
One thing I would like to see continued in future seasons is combining seasies and members into one sale. There's only around 3300 on the away ladder right now, so if we get a decent allocation next season a few hundred may be able to get on. I've been lucky enough to go to 2 of the European aways this season (with no previous aways) and part of the reason for that was not only covid and credits, but combining the sales into one (they have done this for Inter and Benfica- I got a ticket for the latter). Given season ticket holders have had lots of chances in the past, I don't see why those who couldn't be arsed getting on the ladder a few years ago should be given priority over young members who have never had an opportunity before (I would imagine most members going without credits will be fairly young like myself). Didn't hear of any seasies complaining they couldn't get Benfica or Inter away when the sales were combined, so don't see why the TO can't continue this policy.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2022, 01:34:25 pm »

May have been that but anyone could have got one for porto away it was on general sale for hours it werent like a normal euro away that sells out in minutes

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2022, 01:36:03 pm »
May have been that but anyone could have got one for porto away it was on general sale for hours it werent like a normal euro away that sells out in minutes
not true it did sell out, Aleti and AC didn't sell out and anyone could have got it, which meant the people who bought tickets actually went

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2022, 01:36:34 pm »
One thing I would like to see continued in future seasons is combining seasies and members into one sale. There's only around 3300 on the away ladder right now, so if we get a decent allocation next season a few hundred may be able to get on. I've been lucky enough to go to 2 of the European aways this season (with no previous aways) and part of the reason for that was not only covid and credits, but combining the sales into one (they have done this for Inter and Benfica- I got a ticket for the latter). Given season ticket holders have had lots of chances in the past, I don't see why those who couldn't be arsed getting on the ladder a few years ago should be given priority over young members who have never had an opportunity before (I would imagine most members going without credits will be fairly young like myself). Didn't hear of any seasies complaining they couldn't get Benfica or Inter away when the sales were combined, so don't see why the TO can't continue this policy.

The club only ever seem to use the previous year as criteria so any season ticket holder who got barca is off the ladder again now that was the last game that dropped to that low.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2022, 01:36:59 pm »
100%, or at least use STH and members with full UCL home games because there's absolutely no difference there, can understand not wanting to be grouped with any member

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2022, 01:38:07 pm »
not true it did sell out, Aleti and AC didn't sell out and anyone could have got it, which meant the people who bought tickets actually went

It may have done my point is any other year it would sell out before it dropped to all season ticket holders. People buy for the credits and pass them on, will only change if the club make sure only the person going gets the credit.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2022, 01:40:49 pm »
I’ve no away credits and had Porto and atletico basketed to buy had I wanted. Just couldn’t sort logisitics in time
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2022, 01:44:09 pm »
It may have done my point is any other year it would sell out before it dropped to all season ticket holders. People buy for the credits and pass them on, will only change if the club make sure only the person going gets the credit.
yet this year they could easily reward people who bought for the right reason and still appease those from 19/20 who didn't buy this year,

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2022, 01:46:35 pm »
You can’t complain that aways from this season won’t count to the final when it clearly has said that they won’t, it’s not rocket science!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2022, 01:48:11 pm »
You can’t complain that aways from this season won’t count to the final when it clearly has said that they won’t, it’s not rocket science!
not complaining, but it's clearly a fairer way than using just 19/20

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2022, 01:52:13 pm »
yet this year they could easily reward people who bought for the right reason and still appease those from 19/20 who didn't buy this year,

As someone who has neither (couldn't get on away ladder in 19/20, and essentially this year annoyingly things didn't work out because of work/operations etc.) I have no problem with people being rewarded this way.

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2022, 01:56:24 pm »
who's negatively affected if they used 19/20 AND 21/22? People who didn't bother to go and people who went on others cards, really neither have anything to complain about

Exactly!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2022, 01:57:34 pm »
As someone who has neither (couldn't get on away ladder in 19/20, and essentially this year annoyingly things didn't work out because of work/operations etc.) I have no problem with people being rewarded this way.
using both years no one misses out and everyone is sorted, really is a layup for the ticket office

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2022, 02:03:25 pm »
Go back further then, to 2012/13 Europa would do and those who had to suffer watching us draw to fucking Hearts and Young Boys and lose to Udinese before getting dumped out by Zenit on away goals!

You're givng me flashbacks!

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2022, 02:03:53 pm »
using both years no one misses out and everyone is sorted, really is a layup for the ticket office

People may not have been able to go due to covid which was the whole reason why credits didnt count.

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2022, 02:07:07 pm »

And thats why they should be rewarded for it by giving the right to buy a final ticket (if we get there).

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2022, 02:08:03 pm »
People may not have been able to go due to covid which was the whole reason why credits didnt count.
and if they use 19/20 then they don't miss out? Not sure why they should all of sudden be allowed to buy a final ticket but I understand the clubs position and they don't miss out either. All good

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2022, 02:10:43 pm »
Don't see how its fair that someone might have potentially attended every game this season - home and away in the Champions League - and not be guaranteed a ticket for the final?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2022, 02:37:52 pm »
who's negatively affected if they used 19/20 AND 21/22? People who didn't bother to go and people who went on others cards, really neither have anything to complain about

people bought this season on other cards to guarantee themselves a ticket. earlier you said the club don't encourage it - and yet they gave the option this season as they always do. plenty people could've quickly their e.g. Benfica on their own cards if they waited but wanted to guarantee it due to travel logistics etc. there are people impacted either way, these are the same boat of people you say should be 'rewarded' for travelling this season who would be fucked over by logistics essentially.

if we're going down your route, it should be guaranteed for those with a 19/20 credit AND a 21/22 credit because the selling notices always stated they wouldn't be counted for future rounds (and the TO have told people that when asked too).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 02:40:07 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2022, 02:39:32 pm »
people bought this season on other cards to guarantee themselves a ticket. earlier you said the club don't encourage it - and yet they gave the option this season. plenty people could've quickly bought their Benfica on their own cards if they waited but wanted to guarantee it due to travel logistics etc. there are people impacted either way.

if we're going down your route, it should be guaranteed for those with a 19/20 credit AND a 21/22 credit because the selling notices always stated they wouldn't be counted for future rounds (and the TO have told people that when asked too).
but then people who didn't travel due to covid are affected which is clearly what the club want to avoid, people shouldn't be rewarded cause they know people who have credits, but that's a different issue about how they let you give your tickets to anyone but keep credits

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2022, 02:39:45 pm »
not complaining, but it's clearly a fairer way than using just 19/20
Its the polar opposite than fair when they have explicitly said that credits this season won’t count so far. Either everyone in a ballot, Villarreal will count ir 19/20 aways. They are the only possible options.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 22, 2022, 02:40:29 pm »
Its the polar opposite than fair when they have explicitly said that credits this season won’t count so far. Either everyone in a ballot, Villarreal will count ir 19/20 aways. They are the only possible options.
Villarreal and everyone in the ballot is much more fair than using 19/20, fine with either of those

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2022, 02:42:46 pm »
but then people who didn't travel due to covid are affected which is clearly what the club want to avoid, people shouldn't be rewarded cause they know people who have credits, but that's a different issue about how they let you give your tickets to anyone but keep credits

are we rewarding people for making the effort to travel or rewarding people for the credit?

FWIW i have mates that bought Benfica tickets just *in case* they decide somehow to use it in their criteria on their own cards. They then allocated it to a mate who travelled instead. It's not so much rewarding the effort to travel but rather whoever gets it on their card. people can argue this all day but the system doesn't reward people for travelling.

I get why you're so bullish on this argument and I would be pissed too as someone that went to all homes and a few aways if i were to miss out. Ultimately the Club changing their stance randomly is a bit unethical anyway, but so is not rewarding people. They'd save themselves a hell of a bother counting Villarreal - at the end of the day people that don't want to travel will just sell the ticket to a mate anyway. It's a headache that Villarreal is such a small allocation too.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 02:45:52 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2022, 02:51:31 pm »
are we rewarding people for making the effort to travel or rewarding people for the credit?

FWIW i have mates that bought Benfica tickets just *in case* they decide somehow to use it in their criteria on their own cards. They then allocated it to a mate who travelled instead. It's not so much rewarding the effort to travel but rather whoever gets it on their card. people can argue this all day but the system doesn't reward people for travelling.

I get why you're so bullish on this argument and I would be pissed too as someone that went to all homes and a few aways if i were to miss out. Ultimately the Club changing their stance randomly is a bit unethical anyway, but so is not rewarding people. They'd save themselves a hell of a bother counting Villarreal - at the end of the day people that don't want to travel will just sell the ticket to a mate anyway. It's a headache that Villarreal is such a small allocation too.
yes when the system doesn't award those who travel we are already starting from a bad point but I don't think there will be many people who bought any of the aways just for the credit when they said it wouldn't count, that's literally wasting money, the people who bought this year majority will have travelled and this evident by 2/3 group games not even selling out. Anyway I agree they should use Villarreal and we can all stop discussing this for another 2 weeks

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2022, 02:58:48 pm »
Villarreal and everyone in the ballot is much more fair than using 19/20, fine with either of those

Everyone in the ballot is by far the fairer way if theres no change to counting Villareal. Nobody benefits then at all that shouldn't or from sales notices that said they wouldn't.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2022, 03:01:34 pm »
Everyone in the ballot is by far the fairer way if theres no change to counting Villareal. Nobody benefits then at all that shouldn't or from sales notices that said they wouldn't.
I agree but people who have aways from past years are losing out which isn't really fair but I also think someone who's bought nothing this year shouldn't be allowed to buy a final ticket all of a sudden, these two groups overlap which means you have to include or exclude both, using 19/20 and 21/22 would be everyone who's been away is included

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2022, 03:35:50 pm »

Everyone in the ballot meaning everyone with a membership or season ticket?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2022, 03:37:53 pm »
Everyone in the ballot meaning everyone with a membership or season ticket?
everyone with all 6 homes or all 6 homes+1 from 19/20

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2022, 03:49:36 pm »
anyways, seven pages later i think we can all agree, if we make it, that all the 20,000 tickets should be allocated by a big scramble outside Anfield
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2022, 03:52:08 pm »
anyways, seven pages later i think we can all agree, if we make it, that all the 20,000 tickets should be allocated by a big scramble outside Anfield
I'm up for it

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2022, 03:55:33 pm »

It’ll be a like a scene from Jingle all the Way whereby they throw up the balls outside and you have to grab one to be in with a chance. Obvs replace turbo man with a footy ticket  ;D

The scenes haha

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2022, 04:21:51 pm »
everyone with all 6 homes or all 6 homes+1 from 19/20

No reason to use 19/20 for homes. I went to 3 out of 4 that year on someone else's card, then 8 this year on my own card. If I don't even get in the ballot I'd be furious ha ha.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2022, 04:32:24 pm »
No reason to use 19/20 for homes. I went to 3 out of 4 that year on someone else's card, then 8 this year on my own card. If I don't even get in the ballot I'd be furious ha ha.
they have been using 19/20 for the guaranteed sales before each game so there's precedent

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2022, 04:34:38 pm »
It’ll be a like a scene from Jingle all the Way whereby they throw up the balls outside and you have to grab one to be in with a chance. Obvs replace turbo man with a footy ticket  ;D

The scenes haha

the mental image in my head is great. i might be small but i'm nimble and rapid enough to scrap for one i reckon  ;D
YNWA.