Author Topic: End Of The World  (Read 1070 times)

Pheeny

End Of The World
« on: April 27, 2002, 05:02:05 pm »
Well there we go its the end of the world!
Or is it?
Lets look back shall we,first we lost Markus which a lot of people seem to forget.Then the biggest blow we lose our manager (and what a manager)for the better part of the season.We've also been subject to some strange Reffereing (Emile today against the young spurs defender)
But most of all lets not forget what a magnificent season Arsenal have had they've not been through a bad patch as such in the PL and if,no, when they are crowned Champs hats off to them.But mark my word Gooners its ours next season!!!

RedLoner

Re:End Of The World
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 07:18:41 pm »
Let's keep our heads high (if we have any heads left).  I won't praise Arsenal because I dislike them; it was a bad day, but as you indicated, this team has been fighting while deeply injured throughout the season.

We'll come back next season, or maybe some other season.  My love for LFC just never ceases, now more than ever.

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 08:21:24 pm »
Hats off to LFC for pulling together and improving on last season!

It is impossible, unless you are very bitter, to slag off the Arse who have strung 10 wins in a row.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 10:41:16 pm »
Its times like this that you hurt, stand back and look how far we have moved.

With hope in our hearts and hearts full of hope.

Maybe next season its our turn.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

RedLoner

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2002, 10:48:19 pm »

It is impossible, unless you are very bitter, to slag off the Arse who have strung 10 wins in a row.

Noone is slagging them off. I just prefer to praise our team rather than our rivals. We did come up with a good run ourselves lately, and the difference between us and them was, until today, only 4 points, so I'm not so amazed by them.

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2002, 04:09:53 am »
I think to be fair for a few of those games we could have dropped points really (Sunderland, Chelsea, etc) and our luck just runs out.

The Arse, on the other hand, are winning their games in a convincing style - 3-0 first 15 minutes, 2-0 first 10 minutes, etc.  

I think the key is in the midfield -- we don't have enough creativity and sometimes it is difficult to keep the ball.  If we are to challenge the best we have to work on that.

Having said all that it is a brilliant season and we are keeping on improving, and that is the key.  However I think we need 2 midfield players coming in (to replace Macca and Redknapp) -- and if the likes of Berger / Smicer / Barmby is not ready to step up a gear they can only warm the bench.
We won it 6 times

Offline king_of_the_kop

• BANNED
  • Anny Roader
  • The good times are back
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2002, 10:59:16 am »
my brothers mates girlfriends milkmans paper boy hears that ljunberg is doing an exchange with paddy berger next season and will have a liverbird upon his chest
KOP FOR KOPITES

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2002, 06:00:09 pm »
Houllier: "A young team like this one takes time to develop. Nothing will come of it for a few years. The success is there to be had but it'll take time, perhaps coming all at once and then nothing, but we will get there. I am sure of it."

Said about 2 years ago...chill. The man is right. He knows what he is doing.

Keep the faith folks.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 08:50:29 pm »
You pissed from yesterday or is it still april 1st.

my brothers mates girlfriends milkmans paper boy hears that ljunberg is doing an exchange with paddy berger next season and will have a liverbird upon his chest
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2002, 03:58:28 am »

I will give them Smicer as well .....  ;D
We won it 6 times