Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - SPYIN' KOP - EFL Cup Final, Chelsea v Liverpool, 25th Feb, 15:00  (Read 24325 times)

Offline kjomall

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'm flying from the United States to London for the game (obviously don't have a ticket for the game). My plane lands at 6AM Sunday at Gatwick and from there I'm going to make my way over to Wembley. I rented an AirBnB blocks away from the stadium so I plan on checking in around 8AM and then I'll go hang around the stadium.

I heard something about a fan area opening at 10AM and I think I saw tickets were being sold for 10 pounds. Will it be possible for me to enter this area if I haven't already bought a ticket, will they sell them on the day? If I read about this correctly, where exactly will this be?

Will a lot of people be staying over in London after the game or will most people head back to Liverpool?

Does anyone have any advice for someone that has never been to England or done anything like this? Should I wear a Liverpool kit or just regular clothing? How essential will it be to have some pounds on me, or will I be able to get by with just a credit card?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.”
― Terence McKenna

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm flying from the United States to London for the game (obviously don't have a ticket for the game). My plane lands at 6AM Sunday at Gatwick and from there I'm going to make my way over to Wembley. I rented an AirBnB blocks away from the stadium so I plan on checking in around 8AM and then I'll go hang around the stadium.

I heard something about a fan area opening at 10AM and I think I saw tickets were being sold for 10 pounds. Will it be possible for me to enter this area if I haven't already bought a ticket, will they sell them on the day? If I read about this correctly, where exactly will this be?

Will a lot of people be staying over in London after the game or will most people head back to Liverpool?

Does anyone have any advice for someone that has never been to England or done anything like this? Should I wear a Liverpool kit or just regular clothing? How essential will it be to have some pounds on me, or will I be able to get by with just a credit card?

I assume you’re on about the BoxPark mate - you need a match ticket to get in so you won’t be able to go there unfortunately.

When I went to the semi against City I had a couple hours to kill before I met the person who had my ticket and what I noticed is that anywhere close to the ground including BoxPark and the outdoor fan area were ticket only - what I eventually did was walk down toward Wembley Central train station where there were loads of pubs that would let you in without a ticket, I’m not sure if we’ll still have those pubs though with us getting the other end of the ground this time.

I don’t think you’ll have much joy watching the game round the ground as the pubs are told not to show it to avoid people showing up without tickets, so you’re options are to either get there early, find a pub that will let you in without a match ticket and then leave Wembley to watch it elsewhere or just watch it somewhere else in London and not bother with Wembley - perhaps have a Google for Liverpool friendly pubs away from Wembley  where you may have a better day.

You’ll be find in a Liverpool top anywhere other than Chelsea pubs, and a card will almost certainly be fine but probably worth having a bit of cash on you just in case.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

You'll need a match ticket for the fan zone https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/carabao-cup-final-important-information-lfc-fans-travelling-wembley.

I used to live in London, but I don't know the red pubs now. They change with landlords/owners etc. Some of our London reds will be able to help.

Maybe ask in here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=158834.1720#lastPost
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Suspect it will be a bit cagey with Chelsea desperate for some silverware but having. no real tactics to beat us.

It might be a repeat of the CL final we had with Spurs.

Same result would be ace.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
The club's official Twitter page features photos of both Salah and Nunez in the latest training ones, so fingers crossed!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
The club's official Twitter page features photos of both Salah and Nunez in the latest training ones, so fingers crossed!

Unfortunately they’re just photos at the AXA, not actually photos of first team training.

The word is that both were doing rehab yesterday.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Last couple of times I've done Wembley, the Green Man on Dagmar avenue had always been bouncing with reds, only round the corner from the ground

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
Unfortunately they’re just photos at the AXA, not actually photos of first team training.

Ah  :-\

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

If they're out then this will be a very difficult game.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
If we had one of them available it’d make a massive difference, however, with both out I can see Chelsea making it very difficult for us to get a goal. Have to rely on a set-piece maybe and no mistakes at the back.

We managed to get four goals the other night and it's not like Chelsea have the best defensive record either.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Konate and Robbo in from Wednesday then it’s unchanged.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
If Nunez and Salah are fit I reckon there's a good chance Nunez starts.  He's not been out for long, just a little niggle.  Mo needs his comeback managing a bit more so will likely be on the bench.

At the moment I don't trust the medical staff to accurately assess whether Nunez or Salah are fit to play any minutes so I'd rather we saw neither of them.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd love an easy final for once. I can't remember a final where it was straight forward as a 3-0 win.

Beating Spurs in the European Cup final was pretty straightforward
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
Beating Spurs in the European Cup final was pretty straightforward
Being 1-0 for the majority of 90 minutes was on a knife edge, especially with the amount of chances they had
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Being 1-0 for the majority of 90 minutes was on a knife edge, especially with the amount of chances they had

Yep. It was in the balance until big Divi banged it in.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

Finals aren't meant to be easy you have to earn them.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan

Lots of efforts, very little good chances.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan

What chances other than the one Delle Ali scuffed and Alisson caught?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Yep. It was in the balance until big Divi banged it in.
What a let off that was. Those few seconds were incredible.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
At the moment I don't trust the medical staff to accurately assess whether Nunez or Salah are fit to play any minutes so I'd rather we saw neither of them.

You’d trust your assessment over the medical staff’s?

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What chances other than the one Delle Ali scuffed and Alisson caught?

Spurs had a lot more shots on target 8 of 16 on target, we had 3 of 14. The difference was the quality of shot and Ali generally making easier saves (all 8 ) - resulting in a xG of 1.3 to 0.8 in our favour.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:28:50 am by The Final Third »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
With all due respect, why don't people just stfu about injuries and enjoy the build up to whatever team we manage to put out there. We'll put up a fight whoever that manages to be. Winding yourself up on the internet isn't going to change the starting 11.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
Last couple of times I've done Wembley, the Green Man on Dagmar avenue had always been bouncing with reds, only round the corner from the ground

Been allocated the other end and the other pubs this time so it’ll be The Torch instead.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Looking forward to this.

Chelsea are a dangerous side as have some good players but think then are suspect at the back. First goal feels particularly massive.

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spurs had a lot more shots on target 8 of 16 on target, we had 3 of 14. The difference was the quality of shot and Ali generally making easier saves (all 8 ) - resulting in a xG of 1.3 to 0.8 in our favour.

Most of their shots if I remember correctly were in the last 3rd of the game and we're basically desperate long range efforts.
Only good save I remember Ali having to make was from an Eriksen free kick.
I never had the feeling at any point in the game that they might nick a goal.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

They didnt have many chances.

We had them at arms length. I watched the second half again a few months after that and when you strip away the emotion of the moment, it was fairly comfortable.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Interesting comments from Pochettino, the muppet.

Can’t wait to beat them with a depleted squad, what excuse will they use this time?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan

Obviously not. Given there's clearly been some doubt over their availability, and given our recent track record with bringing back players who then get injured, I'm hoping for an abundance of caution.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Can’t wait to beat them with a depleted squad, what excuse will they use this time?

What comments?

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Most of their shots if I remember correctly were in the last 3rd of the game and we're basically desperate long range efforts.
Only good save I remember Ali having to make was from an Eriksen free kick.
I never had the feeling at any point in the game that they might nick a goal.

Yep, I remember them being good on the ball and pressing us well..our passing was awful (passing accuracy at 62%) and our ball retention suffered (36%). They had more chances but lacked cutting edge - we didn't.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/02/23/mauricio-pochettino-carabao-cup-final-jurgen-klopp-referee/

I heard rumours he'd said something like this yesterday. It just proves how pressure sends managers into emotional wrecks! Pull yourself together mate.  ;D

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan

Always come across as so small time, also once said trophies aren't important so I'm sure if they do fluke a win he won't be celebrating.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“If they [LFC] are better well done and we congratulate them, but be fair in every single decision. The pressure is about not delivering the job for Klopp, no, the pressure is not to be part of the [hype]. You know?..

“We want to win because of Chelsea. But of course Liverpool want to win. But please, not another party involved in the game will be part of the celebration that Klopp is leaving, no? That is important.”

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“If they [LFC] are better well done and we congratulate them, but be fair in every single decision. The pressure is about not delivering the job for Klopp, no, the pressure is not to be part of the [hype]. You know?..

“We want to win because of Chelsea. But of course Liverpool want to win. But please, not another party involved in the game will be part of the celebration that Klopp is leaving, no? That is important.”

Haven't they benefitted the most from VAR decisions and we're down towards the bottom?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Words of a serial loser. His reaction after the game were his true thoughts.

They spent a billion for the Milk Cup Final to be the biggest game of their season. Ironically,  they'll fail FFP if they qualify for the Conference League.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Haven't they benefitted the most from VAR decisions and we're down towards the bottom?

Including benefitting during the first match of the season when we should have had a pen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Poch said that? Fucking loser.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
At times like these I prefer to rely on Tepid for medical advice
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
The Team we put out last Wednesday can beat Chelsea,
however would it be nice to have Nunez or Salah taking a seat on the bench even if not fit to actually be used?
I guess it would affect how Poch approaches the initial 90 minutes? (assuming he will face one of Salah or Nunez the  in extra time]
It depends if that's the approach Klopp wants to face (I assume it would be a more attack minded Chelsea team if our bench looks strong).
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp