Author Topic: YOUR Favourite Klopp moments and memories  (Read 3334 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: YOUR Favourite Klopp moments and memories
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2024, 10:37:26 am »
Ulla could have ridden the bus. She chose to stand with us.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2024, 12:36:16 pm »
Just to add, all those matches in the last few years were we destroyed Man Utd for fun, started with the match the end of the 20/21 season, after their fans got the original match postponed, we won the rearranged match 4-2, then went there a few months later & battered them 5-0,  ;D & could have scored more but game managed the rest of that match after Pogba's red card, as they were trying to injure our players. 
#Sausages

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2024, 01:35:59 pm »
There's loads of moments, most already mentioned, but this one also.

Just an absolutely wonderful human being all round.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/X_k4ExM_jCA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/X_k4ExM_jCA</a>
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2024, 01:38:46 pm »
Ulla could have ridden the bus. She chose to stand with us.

She's also been in the away end as well, likes to be where the action is.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2024, 01:51:06 pm »
A friend of a friend lives on Victoria Road in Freshfield. They have a young child. The little fella sometimes wanders up to the gates at the front of the drive but is told not to talk to strangers.

On a couple of occasions he's seen talking to someone on the other side of the gates. Mum says "we've told you not to talk to strangers". Little man says " He's not a stranger, he's my friend Kloppy."

Turns out, Jürgen would stop to chat to him if he was passing.

It'll always stick in my memory. The guy has time for anyone and everyone. It wasn't even my own experience that I'm sharing here, but it's something I can't forget. Priceless moments between the great man and the little fella. He'll grow up knowing the great Jürgen Klopp used to chat to him.

Ah that's lovely, love hearing about stuff like that.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2024, 01:55:48 pm »
It was before the game, but I recall that being the tune in the hours and days after the game, the point being that it summed up the disappointment. Genuine belief it was gonna be alright with this guy.

Started when it was played at HT in Dortmund that season I think, George played it at the next home game and it kicked on from then.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2024, 01:56:27 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OjDjboF2iw4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OjDjboF2iw4</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2024, 01:58:56 pm »
The "What a pity!" quip - I literally couldn't stop laughing.

Too many to mention really.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2024, 02:00:15 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OjDjboF2iw4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OjDjboF2iw4</a>
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2024, 02:20:52 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/T6cVleWzH9U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/T6cVleWzH9U</a>

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2024, 02:40:48 pm »
In terms of the Klopp I've seen in person:

1) The 96th minute Origi winner and Klopp's mad dash onto the pitch

2) The 3-0 Champions League QF against City

3) The 2019 Trophy Parade.

In terms of memories gifted over these last 8/9 years, the likes of 4-0 Barcelona and winning the Champions League are not just Kloppo or LFC memories, but lifetime memories that will be with me as long as I live.

In terms of bittersweet memories, watching the 2022 trophy parade livestream on my phone in Paris Airport after we lost the final. Obviously Paris was a shitshow (Luckily I wsn't at the stadium...), but seeing the City of Liverpool cheer home the team after that loss embodied everything that Klopp, this city and this club are about. Made me immensely proud and was just the lift I need. The fact you had fans of other clubs making fun of that showed they just don't get it and never will. What a special this club is!

I'd encourage anyone who isn't local or from the city to make the effort to come in for an end of season party, it's going to be special this year. Even if we don't win anything it's happening, Klopp deserves a send off.

I won't be able to be back in the city for the last week of the season, and it is going to haunt me forever (whatever silverware we do/don't win)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:44:51 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2024, 03:23:16 pm »
Having Calvin Harris DJ the parade!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2024, 04:08:57 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LnaOKRV79sQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LnaOKRV79sQ</a>
A rare trip to Anfield for me and an even rarer seat in the Kop.  Origi slammed in that late equaliser and Klopp made a massive point of getting all the players over to celebrate the point.  A fair few of the seats around me had already emptied but those that were still there really appreciated it.

It was weird getting back and seeing the whole thing had become a target of banter.  We'd have far less pots in Klopp's era - possibly none - without that spirit to keep pushing to the last kick of games.

Looking back at the video now you can see how awkward a lot of the players found it (and how young Klopp looked).  What a turnaround, eh?

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2024, 08:50:14 pm »
Raging at the interpreter pre match as he translated one of Klopps answers incorrectly. Then in the post match interview being the man he is apologising to the same interpreter for going over the top. What a man.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2024, 11:14:25 pm »
https://fb.watch/pWzpFiFUNL/

Was at it again tonight!
 ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2024, 11:15:34 pm »

Offline Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2024, 11:21:55 pm »
I'm starting to think this thread might be a pit premature  ;)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2024, 11:28:19 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 1, 2024, 12:03:44 am »
I'm starting to think this thread might be a pit premature  ;)

Says buster gonads :D

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #60 on: February 1, 2024, 01:13:50 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LnaOKRV79sQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LnaOKRV79sQ</a>
A rare trip to Anfield for me and an even rarer seat in the Kop.  Origi slammed in that late equaliser and Klopp made a massive point of getting all the players over to celebrate the point.  A fair few of the seats around me had already emptied but those that were still there really appreciated it.

It was weird getting back and seeing the whole thing had become a target of banter.  We'd have far less pots in Klopp's era - possibly none - without that spirit to keep pushing to the last kick of games.

Looking back at the video now you can see how awkward a lot of the players found it (and how young Klopp looked).  What a turnaround, eh?

I remember one of the posters on here (4pool?) referring to that as the "line in the sand" moment, nothing would ever the the same again.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #61 on: February 1, 2024, 12:49:45 pm »
Running onto the pitch after Origi v Everton, his very sporting reaction to Spurs' staff and players after the CL final win, the fist pumps, the hilarious interviews (brain fog, sexy voice, etc), his humanity (so many things he's said), .....

...and BOOM!

But could go on for a lot longer so I'll just drop those off.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 1, 2024, 12:55:05 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Up5AhnlaY

Divock Origi scores LAST-GASP winner! 😲 | Wolves 0-1 Liverpool |

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #63 on: February 2, 2024, 11:07:05 pm »
Norwich 5-4. It was a 12.30ko so I ventured into Norwich for a drink before heading back to London. Ended up in a great ale pub called The Murderers chatting with the locals, woke up a few hours later, about half 8, on the approach to London Liverpool Street with 3.5 warm cans of Ghost Ship in front of me.

The day he joined us I was in Dublin for the World Grand Prix darts with my mate. I danced, physically danced, down the street on the way to Temple Bar when the news broke.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 3, 2024, 12:12:52 am »
Norwich 5-4. It was a 12.30ko so I ventured into Norwich for a drink before heading back to London. Ended up in a great ale pub called The Murderers chatting with the locals, woke up a few hours later, about half 8, on the approach to London Liverpool Street with 3.5 warm cans of Ghost Ship in front of me.

The day he joined us I was in Dublin for the World Grand Prix darts with my mate. I danced, physically danced, down the street on the way to Temple Bar when the news broke.

Haha. Aren't those the worst days .. how did I get here? Is this my house?

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 3, 2024, 12:15:53 am »
I still can't quite believe he became our manager. Just felt too good to be true, it still does.

My avoidance technique is looking ahead to the next manager. But I'll be a wreck when he does go.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 3, 2024, 12:56:44 am »
I still can't quite believe he became our manager. Just felt too good to be true, it still does.

My avoidance technique is looking ahead to the next manager. But I'll be a wreck when he does go.

This is when I found out:-

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354713.msg19199935#msg19199935

There were quite a few of us chatting about it in the Man United thread - as if to rub it in!
 ;D
« Last Edit: February 3, 2024, 01:06:39 am by Yosser0_0 »

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #67 on: February 3, 2024, 10:22:35 am »
"I heard Bayern lost...HAHAHAHAHA"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2024, 01:17:56 am »
Being as the original Kloppo thread got locked, this can go here:

“I heard the discussions – that Mikel over-celebrated the [Arsenal] win against us. That definitely did not come from me.”

“Everybody can do whatever. I didn’t invent fist-pumps and I don’t have the copyright on it and I don’t want it. You do what you do for yourself and your people. What the outside world thinks about it - I couldn’t give a shit, to be honest. And you can write that exactly like that.

“This is for us and nobody else. Who likes it, likes it, and who doesn’t like it, doesn’t like it. You can make what you want of my celebrations.”

8)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2024, 01:26:30 am »
Being as the original Kloppo thread got locked, this can go here:

“I heard the discussions – that Mikel over-celebrated the [Arsenal] win against us. That definitely did not come from me.”

“Everybody can do whatever. I didn’t invent fist-pumps and I don’t have the copyright on it and I don’t want it. You do what you do for yourself and your people. What the outside world thinks about it - I couldn’t give a shit, to be honest. And you can write that exactly like that.

“This is for us and nobody else. Who likes it, likes it, and who doesn’t like it, doesn’t like it. You can make what you want of my celebrations.”

8)

Exactly. Klopp does it for himself and the fans. Arteta does it out of pettiness.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2024, 01:32:02 am »
The best bits are still to come.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2024, 02:35:59 am »
mine is a more personal memory... back in 2016, Liverpool did a west coast preseason tour, my now wife (girlfriend back then) and myself grabbed tickets to see them play AC Milan in San Francisco. We Flew down there from Vancouver for the event, and as we were members of the Seattle charter, (My wife is originally from Seattle) who we tagged up with, and met the san Francisco charter at their home pub... we were to go to a warm up practice and hear Klopp talk with the groups there. What I didn't realize was that MY Wife through a close friends of Klopp, had arranged a meet and greet with him after the practice event, if he didn't get too busy.

Unfortunately, the day was too complicated, and i didn't get the chance, with him apologizing through his assistant. still, enjoyed the day, and the match as well. the stadium was packed!
the following week, I got a parcel in the mail. Inside was this champions League finals hat from Dortmund, with his signature, and a note from him saying he was truly sorry he couldn't meet with me, but he hoped that the hat would be a proper apology. I was utterly gobsmacked. I still have it, one of my prized possessions. The fact he went out of his way like that, for just a fan, showed me his merit, and ive not forgotten it.

Still Hunting for a signed LFC hat, so I can complete the set :P

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2024, 06:56:27 am »
One of my favourite moments in the Klopp era was the FA cup semi against City.
The camera focused in on Klopp bathed in sunlight after we scored a goal and slowly zoomed out, revealing the whole Liverpool end absolutely bouncing to Allez Allez. It was a powerful image and I remember watching it thinking jesus we're fucking massive right now.
Would love it if anyone had that clip.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2024, 09:43:19 am »

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2024, 10:57:19 am »
Exactly. Klopp does it for himself and the fans. Arteta does it out of pettiness.

I think you missed his point there....

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2024, 11:03:53 am »
Whoever did the Scouse Queen banner should give it to Ulla at the end of the season; we owe her a debt of gratitude.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2024, 12:13:42 pm »
Trying to climb on top of the dugout at Genk away bladdered on free champers after blagging into the VIP bit and shouting Jurgen ..  Jurgen ... and he smiled at me . There's actually footage of the moment just before it happened and you can see me making a beeline towards him  .

8)
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2024, 12:17:57 pm »
This one. 

With me Bayern Munchen cap on.

https://youtu.be/-QUicB_-rEc?si=g4WPNMtZfIkRWhiB

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2024, 01:06:44 pm »
A very good day
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp