Author Topic: HT TALK  (Read 10553 times)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: HT TALK
« Reply #80 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:40 pm »
Really poor 1st half, no intensity and lots of misplaced passes. No1 is really at the races today and we are lucky not to be further behind.

We improved a little by the ned of the half but it all seems to be taking the same route as Burnley. Need to come out hard and fast and the start of the 2nd half and cause them some real problems.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:42 pm »
I'm fucking fuming at that, and I'm not one to usually lose my temper. This has all the hallmarks of complacency creeping in. The passing is slow as fuck and there are too many moments where some players' lack of technique is showing. Just need the first goal somehow and then we'll be back in this. They're putting pressure on Henderson and he's doing his usual thing of passing to the right all the time. Milner gave the ball away with a shockingly stupid pass leading to the pass to their corner from which they scored. There's too much going wrong and I think the players need a rocket. Coutinho's pass earlier that went to the keeper was shocking and Sturridge standing still and pointing for a corner when we're 1-0 down before half time instead of getting in and challenging is what pisses me off about him sometimes. Fucking shit so far.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:43 pm »
Not pressing the ball properly, Swansea have caught on to the fact that most of the time Liverpool players are not actually putting a tackle in.

Also our passing was terrible. The only reason it's over 50% completion, if it is, is due to the passes around the half-way line when Swansea have all retreated.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #83 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:45 pm »
Disappointing to be behind and have not really got going. Final ball has not been there at all. Still hope for a better second half and to get the positive result. Hope Swansea cannot keep up the pace. Come on REDS we got this

Offline Hilbre

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:45 pm »
Getting better towards the end of the half. Sturbridge yellow was harsh, should have been a pen. Ref not giving us anything. Swansea set up well to counter our play but can they keep it up for 90?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #85 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:47 pm »
Not good enough. FFS pull your fingers out or we will lose this.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #86 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:49 pm »
Usual Liverpool performance in an away game against a side you should beat. These are the ones we slip up in more than the likes of Hull at home. Can usually tell after 10 minutes what type of day it will be.

Our defending for a set piece is yet again a joke. Sorry, but how does a player find himself two yards out without a single fucking marker?
Firmino and Manè the only ones even half decent so far. The rest have been anonymous or shit.

I've no clue what Sturridge is supposed to offer these days. Absolute shadow of what he used to be.

Only half time but hopefully Klopp can get stuck in to them and get them up for the 2nd half. No even a shot on target so far. Hopefully we can turn it around, show a bit of mental strength and get out with a 2-1.

Come on Reds, get your act together.
Believe

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #87 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:49 pm »
What pace?
We've been poor, huge improvement is needed for the second half, but we're capable of it. We do everything so slowly and we've not created anything. Swansea fully deserve the lead.

Their pressing. They put a lot into that half especially the first 20
We'll have a lot of opportunity to get something out of this

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:53 pm »
45 mins to change the game.

we all know this team can score. Swansea not really threatening other than the goal thats for sure.

Just need to be more clinical in the final third. We look like we have been delaying the final pass for a bit too long. The players making the runs but the player with the ball seems to be holding on too long.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »
Thought we got better as the half went on, admittedly we still weren't anywhere near our best.

Being denied a blatant pen by that smug insufferable twat in the black didn't help.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #90 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:57 pm »
I did think this was going to be tough. They also have a knack for scoring early, so it's not really a surprise. City escaped with a 2-1 and Chelsea had been given a game.

What I wanted to see is how we're going to deal with this. We'll find out second half.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 1, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »
So which overly optmistic sod said we should be smashing this lot? No such thing as an easy Premier League game.

It's only half time.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #92 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:04 pm »
Well, at least we can't get any worse lol, above us only sky now~

And several layers of Jurassic bedrock.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:04 pm »
Come on red men. Still plenty of time to turn this around. Let's start much, much better after the break!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #94 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:09 pm »
Too many people thought this game would be easy. The fact is this is a place we always struggle at, so I am not entirely surprised. It has not been a good performance though, and quite frankly all of the players need to improve their effort, they all need to work harder. I am just hoping that Swansea will start to lose their legs, and surely we cannot be as bad in the second half. No shots on target is disappointing but not really surprising as we have been really sluggish.

Apart from that the officials are appalling. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:11 pm »
Sluggish, lacking intensity, losing out on all the second balls and that started to generate somem nervousness (helped by some kicking that would get Mignolet pelters).

Sturridge unlucky to get booked (Oliver seems to have fallen for the crowd's reaction to him after the early arm across the face). There was a bit of contact; not sure whether it put Sturridge down or he chose to, but not simulation if there's contact, is it?

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #96 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:11 pm »
So we're not doing offsides then
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:12 pm »
Extra pressure from Swansea was having an effect but we were disjointed in attack. Hopefully we can fix things up a little in the second half, it really wasn't that bad but was off compared to where we have been at.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #98 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:21 pm »

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #99 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:24 pm »
I'd like to say this is just a repeat of what happened at Burnley but it's not. It's worse. At least at Burnley we had possession and were playing football. Today we are utter fucking dogshit. And it isn't as if we can blame the loss of Lallana for it, the entire team have been fucking shocking. A game where half time could not have come sooner.

Can we win it? Of course. Will we? No chance, unless there is a drastic change in mentality. Coutinho has been walking around the pitch in that half, fucking walking. Where is the press? Where is the aggression? Absolute garbage, and anyone who tries to dress it up any other way needs to watch it again.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:25 pm »
Sooooo.... Just reading this thread. It's back to gloom.

This thread is about 45mins of football not about the whole season.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #101 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »
Can for Wijnaldam seems like a no brainer unless Can is that far off fitness

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »
The corner we conceded for the goal was avoidable too. That's the make annoying thing.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 01:24:48 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #103 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:35 pm »
Can only get better form here really...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:38 pm »
not sure the early start helps our high intensity game and may have contributed to evening things up? That's what I was thinking after a few mins. Could be wrong.

Passing hasn't been as crisp, and they get men behind the ball and have passed it well themselves.

Lucky to be just 1 down really... you'd imagine Llorente would have buried one or two of those headers.

Have to pick it up 2nd half... bite to eat and come out fast.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:39 pm »

If that was a penalty then it was a very, very soft one.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #106 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:41 pm »
No shots on target says it all. Mane has the beating of their fullback so get the ball to him more.

ref is terrible. Their goal was debatable. They had another chance that was offside. Mane could have had a penalty and was blocked at the end yet the ref doesn't see it. Ref gave a fowl against Coutinho and then two minutes later he doesn't see the push on Sturridge in the box yet books Sturridge.

Milner went missing for their goal but other than that has been ok. They are pressing us well but we should be able to break them down.

The 2nd half will tell if this team has enough to break down a disciplined side.
#JFT97

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #107 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:45 pm »
Scrappy game. Swansea are playing at a pace they can't maintain. We came back into it once their energy levels dropped. Still think we can score a goal or three in the second half. Been right on the cusp, only to have the last shot block or deflected. 

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:47 pm »
Hopefully the linesman that let two or three of their offsides slide will do the same for us in the second half.

Was always going to be a tough game against a team that knows how to play through a press. Whenever they get through us Sigurdsson causes all manner of havoc, but over the course of the half we managed to slowly curtail that and start to get better and better at finding the gaps in their team.

We have plenty of quality on the bench and energy on the pitch so if they start to tire later on I think we'll get at them a bit more, you could see in those last 15 we were getting closer and closer, it's just important now that we don't concede a second like the Burnley game.

Offline realtowz

• Knows the sound of a fish when he hears one.
  • Kopite
  • at the end of the storm...
« Reply #109 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:54 pm »
Turn up against the good sides and play complacently against the lesser ones. Standard.

This has become so frustrating though. We need to make a statement. Tired of going through _those_ matches over and again...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #110 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:54 pm »
They're doing a little session in Swansea pressing

We've played like we were up all night
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline EPortJake

• Main Stander
« Reply #111 on: October 1, 2016, 01:22:59 pm »
They had us sussed but can't keep it up. Ref and his assistants are being disks though.
Too many poor performances by us though. Look vulnerable from free kicks especially. If we can step it up there is hope. We have the firepower.
Hope D bangs in a couple to shut them up.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
Re: Half time: Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool
« Reply #112 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:13 pm »
Goal was offside by a mile.

We'll win this 2-1

Was offside in the build up that led to the corner, plus no flag on the freekick that went just wide. Just you wait 2nd half the linesman will see every close call their way. They can't bring video assistants in soon enough.
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:16 pm »
We love to press but hate to be pressed,Swansea are playing well.
Big second half for the redmen.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:18 pm »
Piss poor first half, these are cannon fodder and we are making them look like Real Madrid.  Need a totally different attitude in the second half.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:20 pm »
Don't see how people are saying he's not offside on the goal. He's well off from the initial header.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
Re: Half time: Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool
« Reply #116 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »
Ummmm does Karius ever leave his fucking line?

:lmao

What on earth are you on about? How exactly is he supposed to get a corner which ended up 5 yards past his back post with about 4 lads jumping for it?

Nice to see us turning on the lad already.
Believe

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #117 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:35 pm »
Always difficult if the offside rule isn't going to be used when the opposition attack.

Sturridge clearly pushed over in the area and gets booked. The officials have been pathetic, which is exactly what I expected so I'm not that arsed.

Swansea deserve to be ahead - they've had a few chances and we've been pretty poor.

I fully expect, though, that Oliver will be sending one or two of ours off second half so we lose a few men against the Mancs. I'm expecting a bent penno as well. He couldn't wait to give free kicks to them most of the game and that lino? When a ball gets kicked off a man right in front of you and you still give it the wrong way - how do these people actually retain their jobs?
Does anyone still not think this is a parody account?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:37 pm »
If we weren't so shite at defending set pieces we would only be talking about a tight game that the last 10 minutes of that half we were controlling.

Fully expect us to get a couple 2nd half IF we can defend their set pieces.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 1, 2016, 01:23:45 pm »
It's not really a pitch for playing through a press. I think we'll get a couple second half, though.