Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30  (Read 37583 times)

Offline ass sitting midfielder

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/users/10882/8584/avatar92.jpg?1453804063
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2016, 11:25:31 pm »
Expected team:

Karius - Matip Lovren - Henderson - Clyne Milner Lallana Wijnaldum Mané Firmino Coutinho.

Love that Jurgen tells his team a night before. They will be thinking about their performance all night. Like athletes - they virtualy jump that 245cm even before an attempt. You are psychologically strong person, Jurgen.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2016, 11:30:07 pm »
Time to twat the wools

Offline ass sitting midfielder

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
    • http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/users/10882/8584/avatar92.jpg?1453804063
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2016, 11:44:50 pm »
Time to twat the wools
There is time. Rodgers was building walls around Mellwood.

Klopp doesnt give a bollox. Do you want to know my line-up? Here it is. So what you gonna do now haha

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2016, 11:52:12 pm »
Interested to see what sort of plan Guidolin comes up with seeing as he feels this is a must win for him.

I'd like to think that regardless of how they set up we won't deviate from pressing them intensely and basically out-footballing them with superior
quality over the 90 mins.

Come on you mighty Reds!

He's already admitted he could go if they lose. It's extremely tough with that kind of pressure, but we need to completely exploit that and feed off it. With his job basically on the line, if he sits back and tries not to lose it will probably backfire on them. If they go a goal down it will be interesting to see the reaction of their players, if they jack it in knowing it's his last game in charge anyway. If they come out and play they'll leave plenty of spaces at the back. I can actually see it being a very open game. They have to get a result and there is no doubt in my mind with the way our front line is playing that we'll score a few goals, because they are going to get caught trying to push up against us.

The thing for us is that we need to completely forget about the media attention that has been on us this week. It's been too much for my liking. Like, I don't give a shite if we're #1 in possession or not. I mean we're playing well, but we're not even above Spurs who have more points. Thankfully Klopp is exactly the kind of manager who will tell the players not to get too big for their own boots or believe their own hype. We need to do a job. Show the anger, the urgency and same tactics as we did against Hull and I think we'll be fine.
YWNA

Offline KingOfStrongStyle

• Anny Roader
  • Dub Nation!
« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2016, 11:55:28 pm »
Expected team:

Karius - Matip Lovren - Henderson - Clyne Milner Lallana Wijnaldum Mané Firmino Coutinho.

Love that Jurgen tells his team a night before. They will be thinking about their performance all night. Like athletes - they virtualy jump that 245cm even before an attempt. You are psychologically strong person, Jurgen.
Excellent lineup feeling really confident about this game now, it's been over 2 years since I was this excited for a Liverpool game in the Premier League.

Plan for the game is to start with the same quick tempo we did against and Hull, don't give Swanea any respite and eventually they will cave into the pressing machine.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 12:18:37 am by KingOfStrongStyle »

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 1, 2016, 12:02:24 am »
I think we will win. Cant wait to see karius in goal again!!
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #286 on: October 1, 2016, 12:23:09 am »
One of the games we typically drop points in. I hope we win this
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 12:26:25 am by SMASHerano »

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
« Reply #287 on: October 1, 2016, 12:46:34 am »
One of the games we typically drop points in. I hope we win this

lost 3-1 and barely won 1-0 last season against them.  Hopefully we're more convincing this year against teams we typically drop points against.  Will make a huge difference.  I think I remember hearing a stat once last season that we were the team who dropped the most points from a winning position last year.  If we can right that then no telling where we could end up.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #288 on: October 1, 2016, 01:28:17 am »
Expected team:

And more to the point, what kind of night's sleep are those poor bastards going to have.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: October 1, 2016, 01:38:47 am »
One or two on here mentioned that the Hull game was a massive one (pre match), and they were right, it was going to be. It really was. I couldn't watch it but had it on radio, and when I heard we'd won a pen and had someone sent off - that was game over. The sending off anyway. Just thought... sound.. we'll win this now.

Swansea away is the same... massive game. Beat this lot lads.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #290 on: October 1, 2016, 02:29:24 am »
Expected team:

Source? Or just a guess?

Offline redjed1

• Kopite
« Reply #291 on: October 1, 2016, 02:49:09 am »
If the team are as up for this as we seem to be, I can't wait.

Blitz them with 3-4 early goals and keep going. If they get a consolation goal during the game, so what.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #292 on: October 1, 2016, 02:55:41 am »
It's a twat of a kick off time for the travelling Kop. Some will be getting up pretty soon to make their way down there if they don't want to get straight off the bus/car/coach/train and into the ground. It's just the norm nowadays, Palace fans travelling to Everton on a Friday night, our lot making the same trip down south against Chelsea.

A sign of the times, I suppose. Let's twat these foreigners :D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #293 on: October 1, 2016, 03:10:17 am »
Just noticed it's the early kick off  :(

Ah well, a chance to get our business done amd dusted before the others even kick off today. Hopefully we'll take that opportunity.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: October 1, 2016, 04:25:57 am »
Can you guys all shut up. I just want to hear from rsm.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 1, 2016, 05:29:13 am »
the kind of matches where we would easily drop points.

but if we win this what does it mean. 6 points vs hull and swansea. Does it mean we are favourites?

I hope the team does show the consistency in beating this lesser teams that has been our downfall for the past decade or so. 

Early kick off. Cant wait. Get business done early and let the other teams worry about putting points on the board

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: October 1, 2016, 05:35:37 am »
are we playing with the luminous away kit today? Hope not..

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #297 on: October 1, 2016, 07:17:27 am »
Interested to see what sort of plan Guidolin comes up with seeing as he feels this is a must win for him.

I'd like to think that regardless of how they set up we won't deviate from pressing them intensely and basically out-footballing them with superior
quality over the 90 mins.

Come on you mighty Reds!

How must the man be thinking; "my club expects me to beat liverpool right now in order save my job???!" - " maybe i should get another one!!!" I think he knows he can't beat us; i think the issue for him is his affairs with his employees and their stuff. i know lalalala nothing to do with us- but we are honourable fans. I hope they play well and he keeps his job, but equally I hope we flatten them

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #298 on: October 1, 2016, 07:23:38 am »

the kind of matches where we would easily drop points.

but if we win this what does it mean. 6 points vs hull and swansea. Does it mean we are favourites?

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

I don't want to be favourites. All the way through the eighties, even though we were champions the previous season, people wrote us off and said we couldn't do it again. Blindside. Sneaking up on the rails. Let's do our business the Liverpool way. Beat the dross, win the league.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #299 on: October 1, 2016, 07:24:24 am »
Flattening Swansea is Jurgen's job - he won't take it easy. Don't know Guidolin well but he probably knows himself as a dead man walking there now anyway unless they pull off a miraculous *10-game win streak.

*after getting destroyed tonight
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #300 on: October 1, 2016, 07:27:07 am »
How must the man be thinking; "my club expects me to beat liverpool right now in order save my job???!" - " maybe i should get another one!!!" I think he knows he can't beat us; i think the issue for him is his affairs with his employees and their stuff. i know lalalala nothing to do with us- but we are honourable fans. I hope they play well and he keeps his job, but equally I hope we flatten them
I love that Swansea, in total disarray at the top, and interviewing replacement managers, with and without any sort of managerial track record, do not seem to have interviewed Fat Sam - who I believe is now available.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #301 on: October 1, 2016, 07:39:23 am »
I love that Swansea, in total disarray at the top, and interviewing replacement managers, with and without any sort of managerial track record, do not seem to have interviewed Fat Sam - who I believe is now available.
Swansea had been built to be a club with the foundation of pass and move since before Brendan took over - appointing Allardicci would make no sense.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #302 on: October 1, 2016, 08:15:20 am »
Flattening Swansea is Jurgen's job - he won't take it easy. Don't know Guidolin well but he probably knows himself as a dead man walking there now anyway unless they pull off a miraculous *10-game win streak.

*after getting destroyed tonight

Oh absolutely, there will be no mercy, we are pack dogs at the moment, but equally sportsman - i do wonder if guidolins issue has been his lack of a command of english? Something as fickle or not so fickle as that with the players and the board, Have often wondered about that with mgrs here, but thats probably for an 'other managers' thread somewhere. 

And yup he does look like a dead man walking yeah

« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 08:30:22 am by hansenite »

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #303 on: October 1, 2016, 08:20:40 am »
We'll fucking murder these today, we'll put them to the sword. 3-0 Liverpool. We're great, they're in disarray.

Up The Reds.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 1, 2016, 08:43:29 am »
What channel is this on??

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 1, 2016, 08:53:58 am »

I don't want to be favourites. All the way through the eighties, even though we were champions the previous season, people wrote us off and said we couldn't do it again. Blindside. Sneaking up on the rails. Let's do our business the Liverpool way. Beat the dross, win the league.

I know it's a long time ago, but that's not how I remember the 80's! Ipswich, Watford, United, Everton and Arsenal all challenged (and won some silverware) but we were always top dogs and favourites

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #306 on: October 1, 2016, 08:55:25 am »
What channel is this on??
Sky sports
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #307 on: October 1, 2016, 08:58:55 am »
We'll fucking murder these today, we'll put them to the sword. 3-0 Liverpool. We're great, they're in disarray.

Up The Reds.

Disarray? They could've easily picked up a point or more against City and we all know teams just take all their chances against us. If we win this we're genuine title contenders, if we don't then nothings changed really. Hope it's not one of those horrible games like Watford or Newcastle

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #308 on: October 1, 2016, 09:01:13 am »
No slip up here.
Swansea will have to work their socks off not to be blown away.
All teams will have to against us this season.

Bring them on, bring them all on.

Are we really that good though?

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #309 on: October 1, 2016, 09:01:52 am »
Team:

Karius
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
Lallana Henderson Wijnaldum
Mane Firmino Coutinho

Mignolet Klavan Moreno Can Grujic Origi/Ings Sturridge

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #310 on: October 1, 2016, 09:02:44 am »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #311 on: October 1, 2016, 09:17:37 am »
are we playing with the luminous away kit today? Hope not..

Seeing as Swansea home kit is all White, we should be ok wearing all Red. ;)
#Sausages

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 1, 2016, 09:19:49 am »
We'll win with plenty in hand, going for 4-1.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 1, 2016, 09:31:35 am »
Im looking forward to watching us play.  Im always excited to see us play, but this is a bit different.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 1, 2016, 09:39:41 am »
They're a decent side, but we're fucking ace so we're going to beat them.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 1, 2016, 09:42:28 am »
Are we really that good though?

Disarray? They could've easily picked up a point or more against City and we all know teams just take all their chances against us. If we win this we're genuine title contenders, if we don't then nothings changed really. Hope it's not one of those horrible games like Watford or Newcastle

Fuck me you're a bright ray of sunshine this morning aren't you?

Come on redmen!

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 1, 2016, 09:51:53 am »
Love a clean sheet to shut up some of the dog shit pundits continually spout about not being good enough at the back
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #317 on: October 1, 2016, 10:03:51 am »
Fuck me you're a bright ray of sunshine this morning aren't you?

Come on redmen!

Just trying not to get carried away. I don't think we've been as good as people think personally. Bound to have a bad performance/result at some point. Plus we haven't keep one clean sheet in six games...

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #318 on: October 1, 2016, 10:08:15 am »
My only concern is they are becoming a cornered rat, which supposedly goes for the throat. We need to be merciless also.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 1, 2016, 10:09:55 am »
Plus we haven't keep one clean sheet in six games...

In the league, maybe, in the league cup we're at eight without reply in two games - also, we're scoring a lot more than the opposition, especially in two of the last three games. The clean sheets will come, but at this stage of the season I think getting the points is more important.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2016, 10:21:36 am by sms1986 »