Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30  (Read 37584 times)

Offline ass sitting midfielder

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/users/10882/8584/avatar92.jpg?1453804063
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Swansea v Liverpool - Saturday October 1st, 12:30
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2016, 10:54:27 am »
What makes you think we've hit top form already?
Because I think we played the best football against Hull in years, just cant see us better that so soon afterwards. Also played great vs Leicester and couple weeks before that. 

We have set the performance bar prety high. Dont see us better that, for now, but we have to learn winning when we play poorly. Mr. Ferguson was a master of it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:59:59 am by rash sitting midfielder »

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2016, 11:01:26 am »
Because I think we played the best football against Hull in years, just cant see us better that so soon afterwards. Also played great vs Leicester and couple weeks before that. 

We have set the performance bar prety high. Dont see us better that, for now, but we have to learn winning when we play poorly. Mr. Ferguson was a master of it.

Naaah. We're gonna trounce Swansea and then dismantle United at Anfield after that. Can't wait.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2016, 11:04:06 am »

You're right, I hope the lads play poorly Tomoz so we can get a chance to win when we play shit football.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2016, 11:04:40 am »
OR

lets just keep playing well and winning

when the time comes we see our performances drop off and we need results, future-Klopp can deal with it

Since I last posted on this thread I've read this could be their manager's last game etc. hope we put the nail in his coffin. I think if we can have a great 10-15 mins in the first half and score a couple quick goals (which we're more than capable of doing going by recent form....) they won't have the will to fight their way back

If the game sits at 0-0 for a while could get tricky. Should be an interesting one!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2016, 11:13:00 am »
This could be a tough enough game. On other days Swansea could have beaten Chelsea and City previously so we shouldn't underestimate them particularly on their own patch. We should beat them but it will be a test. Swansea can be quite open at times so hopefully our counterpressing can expose the gaps in their side.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:55 am »

Just out of interest, how do you explain our 16 game unbeaten streak in the PL during the 2013/14 season? (14 wins, including a 10 game winning streak).

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2016, 11:53:38 am »
Keep thinking we'll win this 3-0 for a weird reason. Could do actually.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2016, 11:59:16 am »
Just out of interest, how do you explain our 16 game unbeaten streak in the PL during the 2013/14 season? (14 wins, including a 10 game winning streak).
Think it was a mix of Suarez/Sturridge geniality, a good feel factor in the dressing room, and just a genuine idea we´re going for the league (Leicester style). Despite occasionall dropp of form, you still can keep winning games. Clue is in the bar you have set - if its high just stay around that.

Lucas playes at 6-7/10 all his life, thats why all those Liverpool managers love him. Even when off form, he still keeps his performance at reasonable level.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2016, 12:26:32 pm »
Naaah. We're gonna trounce Swansea and then dismantle United at Anfield after that. Can't wait.
Will Henderson be part of the team sheet for both dismantlin'? Yes mate you've got yourself a reputation on here now. ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2016, 12:32:03 pm »
Don't think I've ever been so buzzed to watch every Liverpool game, save perhaps the 13/14 run-in. We are just so much fucking fun to watch.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2016, 12:41:42 pm »
I think we did beat them one year, Hendo got a winner after running through on goal.

Just win tomorrow, don't care how. This will be a tough one regardless of form.

Yeah, but we didn't play well that night did we? Which is what I said mate. A flukey Henderson goal and Gomis missing chance after chance. Now I'd accept a similar performance if the result was the same, but it would be nice if we could play well and win there for a change.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2016, 12:42:35 pm »
Think it was a mix of Suarez/Sturridge geniality, a good feel factor in the dressing room, and just a genuine idea we´re going for the league (Leicester style). Despite occasionall dropp of form, you still can keep winning games. Clue is in the bar you have set - if its high just stay around that.

Lucas playes at 6-7/10 all his life, thats why all those Liverpool managers love him. Even when off form, he still keeps his performance at reasonable level.

Not sure how the mods have let this poster slip through the net.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2016, 12:52:36 pm »
To be fair he may not be very fluent in English, leading to bizarre sounding points translated from normal ones.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »
Yeah, but we didn't play well that night did we? Which is what I said mate. A flukey Henderson goal and Gomis missing chance after chance. Now I'd accept a similar performance if the result was the same, but it would be nice if we could play well and win there for a change.

Wasn't that at the end of our really good form, because BR implemented the new 3-5-2 formation? I think Swansea was the first team to "find out" our playing style with that formation and we were lucky to win. If I remember correctly, the next game we comfortably beaten with that formation, but I don't remember against who...
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2016, 01:08:38 pm »
Its starting to feel like the 13/14 season all over again

I can't wait for the weekends to watch us play

We'll fuck these nicely. 3-0 I reckon.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2016, 01:15:30 pm »
Wasn't that at the end of our really good form, because BR implemented the new 3-5-2 formation? I think Swansea was the first team to "find out" our playing style with that formation and we were lucky to win. If I remember correctly, the next game we comfortably beaten with that formation, but I don't remember against who...

You are correct. And that next game was Man Utd, who as you said beat us easily. I don't think it helped Sterling refusing to sign a new deal was leaked a few days before that game though. Proper strange atmosphere that day. Funnily enough, our next game after this is against the mancs. Here's hoping we have a much, much better result than last time.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »
Because Swansea gave City a proper game people think it will be difficult for us. A quick look at their fixtures tells a different story, they have played the worst teams

this season and people are impressed beyond belief......imagine if Pep took 7 points from Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea away.... they'd be crowned champions already FFS.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2016, 01:28:45 pm »
Banana skin in the making, but if we can keep a good tempo, control midfield and take our chances then we certainly stand a chance.

This is the last-gasp saloon for the manager, so he'll be going all out to retain his job - he's already said he's probably for the chop if they lose.

I'm hoping we do keep it tight and continue defensively. A clean-sheet would be fantastic. A win would be utopia.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2016, 01:29:57 pm »
the nitty gritty shitty bread and butter wanna be successful 3 pointer game this....all about the right attitude, desire and peformace these games

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2016, 03:30:10 pm »
Its starting to feel like the 13/14 season all over again

I can't wait for the weekends to watch us play

We'll fuck these nicely. 3-0 I reckon.
..and with better defense (or defence not sure, not fluent in English sorry).

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »
Banana skin in the making, but if we can keep a good tempo, control midfield and take our chances then we certainly stand a chance.

This is the last-gasp saloon for the manager, so he'll be going all out to retain his job - he's already said he's probably for the chop if they lose.

I'm hoping we do keep it tight and continue defensively. A clean-sheet would be fantastic. A win would be utopia.

Gut feeling is we're not going to see to many banana skins anymore ?

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2016, 03:44:47 pm »
Not sure how the mods have let this poster slip through the net.
Get a nod as transfer forum moderator mate, you´ll catch me there in January.

I did not say anything wrong about Liverpool Football Club, nor anyone associated to it. I bet you have critized many LFC players and managers in the past. Dont be rude to new posters, especially those who are very positive about the club.
We will smash Swansea 2:0, Mané and Henderson with goals.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2016, 03:53:30 pm »
Looking forward to this, if we perform like we have done I think we have a good chance. Fit squad, rested etc.
Seems like bookies agree with Swansea at 7-1 at home which is amazing.
Because of shit planning I've got to be in Birmingham tomorrow, does anyone know any decent pubs that will have it on? sorry if wrong thread for that question.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2016, 03:56:40 pm »
Keep thinking we'll win this 3-0 for a weird reason. Could do actually.

Keep thinking we'll win this 3-0 for plenty of good reasons.  Will do actually. ;)
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2016, 04:05:34 pm »
What happens if our performance drops a bit and we only win 2-0? Does that mean were fucked for the United game or can we pick it up again by then?

This 3 to 5 week form thing is puzzling. 
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2016, 04:33:12 pm »
What happens if our performance drops a bit and we only win 2-0? Does that mean were fucked for the United game or can we pick it up again by then?

This 3 to 5 week form thing is puzzling.

We have to shut down the club I believe.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2016, 04:37:24 pm »
Swansea are shite with that Italian bloke in charge. We'll smash these 3-0.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2016, 04:47:42 pm »
Get a nod as transfer forum moderator mate, you´ll catch me there in January.

I did not say anything wrong about Liverpool Football Club, nor anyone associated to it. I bet you have critized many LFC players and managers in the past. Dont be rude to new posters, especially those who are very positive about the club.
We will smash Swansea 2:0, Mané and Henderson with goals.

We did not buy a DM. That is why we are fucked. You can not play football without defensive midfielder. Shame Klopp doesnt see that. Holding mid. We are fucked without him. If we had a Conte we would be better off with Matiť-Cante. Top class sitting mids. Shame we dont have them. We finish fourth or worse.

Goal scoring midfieder. Think its the end of Emre Can. Can we sell Emre for about 15 mil? He lost us two cup finals. Very poor. Nice player, love his hair and sliding tackles but not much on top of that. Thank you Emre

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2016, 04:57:53 pm »
Assuming this rash lad isn't a complete WUM, I wonder how many times somebody has to be pulled up for chatting shite before coming to the realisation that perhaps you should just shut the fuck up for a while.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2016, 07:42:34 pm »
Sorry to speak about 3-5 weeks form period. I was on couching course and was told so. Also fell that when I played.

As for Arsenal record, the defenders do not need to be at their peak to manage a game. They were at least reliable all the time, great when on form. Anyway.. I want us to win. We might not be at our best is all I am saying. Difficult ground, hope its not a last kick of dying horse.

I seriously don't know where to being.  RSM, either drop the dosage or stop missing your scheduled intake.

Assuming this rash lad isn't a complete WUM, I wonder how many times somebody has to be pulled up for chatting shite before coming to the realisation that perhaps you should just shut the fuck up for a while.

I have a feeling he's heading for legendary status on these forums.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2016, 08:43:42 pm »
Swansea 1 Liverpool 5 -coutinho, firminho , Milner , Henderson , Clyne

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2016, 08:46:18 pm »
rsm could be an alternative mod identity(like the original Fordy). I know I'd do that to spice things up from time to time and to have a little fun. ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »
Swansea 1 Liverpool 5 -coutinho, firminho , Milner , Henderson , Clyne

Good player that Firminho.....not as good as Firmino though.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2016, 09:06:18 pm »
Good player that Firminho.....not as good as Firmino though.

Pedant !!!!!

Auto correct initially wanted Clyne to be Clyde :)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2016, 09:06:41 pm »
Think this match is more of banana skin than Hull. Hope we come away with the 3 points.

I'll say 2-1 win.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2016, 09:09:45 pm »
No slip up here.
Swansea will have to work their socks off not to be blown away.
All teams will have to against us this season.

Bring them on, bring them all on.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »
I have been second guessing how good we are for the past few weeks, being afraid to believe the hype for fear of being disappointed. But we are good -- we are really, really good. Like make you wanna slap your momma good. None of this banana skin, tight-affair BS. We will twat them and we will twat them royally. 1-4 to the Reds. Upwards...
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2016, 09:18:07 pm »
I have been second guessing how good we are for the past few weeks, being afraid to believe the hype for fear of being disappointed. But we are good -- we are really, really good. Like make you wanna slap your momma good. None of this banana skin, tight-affair BS. We will twat them and we will twat them royally. 1-4 to the Reds. Upwards...

E-fucking-xactly.
Let them worry.
Let us be up for it.

Momentum is what dreams are built with.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2016, 10:21:12 pm »
Just win please reds.

Be a tough match this.

Same team as last week please !!
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2016, 10:30:05 pm »
Interested to see what sort of plan Guidolin comes up with seeing as he feels this is a must win for him.

I'd like to think that regardless of how they set up we won't deviate from pressing them intensely and basically out-footballing them with superior
quality over the 90 mins.

Come on you mighty Reds!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.