Author Topic: How will life change after Covid-19?  (Read 6292 times)

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
How will life change after Covid-19?
« on: April 3, 2020, 04:39:45 pm »
How do you see things when we come out the end of this?

Will we be more friendly?  Will more people keep online shopping?  Will we have more respect for the NHS and what they do?

Lots of other questions, what do you think?

« Last Edit: April 7, 2020, 08:34:34 pm by John C »
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How will life change after Co-Vid19?
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2020, 04:44:32 pm »
I think initially people will change for the better,  we'll appreciate society more, check on our neighbours, be closer and more caring.  That will soon evaporate though,  give it six months and we'll revert to the selfish animals we are.

We have an opportunity for permanent change,  we won't take it.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2020, 04:49:43 pm »
5G
Cashless Society
More State Power
Mandatory Vaccinations
Economical Crash

;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2020, 04:55:43 pm »
Everything will go back to normal. Tory ruled country full of selfish c*nts unfortunately.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2020, 04:56:11 pm »
Have you seen films set in post apocalyptic worlds?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2020, 05:07:49 pm »
There will be a world war.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6 on: April 3, 2020, 05:08:18 pm »
I expect zombies

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2020, 05:09:16 pm »
Everything will go back to normal. Tory ruled country full of selfish c*nts unfortunately.

This.

The fucking hypocrisy of c*nts standing on their front step clapping the NHS after putting a fucking X next to some Tory c*nts name sickens me.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: April 3, 2020, 05:10:19 pm »

That’s unusually pessimistic of you. :D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 3, 2020, 05:11:46 pm »

I hope so. I’ve just watched Band of Brothers again. I fancy myself as a Medic.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 3, 2020, 05:13:13 pm »
I think initially people will change for the better,  we'll appreciate society more, check on our neighbours, be closer and more caring.  That will soon evaporate though,  give it six months and we'll revert to the selfish animals we are.

Permanent change as in what though?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: April 3, 2020, 05:17:38 pm »
Biggest changes will probably be a greater awareness of personal hygiene, as well as a greater number remote working after businesses see the benefits of this.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 3, 2020, 05:20:46 pm »
I will go back to washing my hands once a month.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #13 on: April 3, 2020, 05:28:52 pm »

:lmao

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 3, 2020, 06:27:01 pm »
This.

The fucking hypocrisy of c*nts standing on their front step clapping the NHS after putting a fucking X next to some Tory c*nts name sickens me.

I find this argument (that I've several times online so don't think I'm picking on you) really weird.

At this time of national unity where everyone is showing their appreciation for health workers and the health service, should those people have stayed inside and felt ashamed of themselves, bashing their heads in with the guilty stick?

Maybe this will lead to those Tory voters reassessing, and more support for the NHS in terms of funding policy in the future. It would help if the opposition, when this is all over with, could press home that point very clearly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 3, 2020, 06:29:54 pm »
I find this argument (that I've several times online so don't think I'm picking on you) really weird.

At this time of national unity where everyone is showing their appreciation for health workers and the health service, should those people have stayed inside and felt ashamed of themselves, bashing their heads in with the guilty stick?

Maybe this will lead to those Tory voters reassessing, and more support for the NHS in terms of funding policy in the future. It would help if the opposition, when this is all over with, could press home that point very clearly.

They won't reassess though, they'll just think everything is all rosy and carry on being Tory voting c*nts - nothing ever changes. Brexit showed us this country is full of selfish c*nts and the way people continue to go out now, shows fuck all has changed.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 3, 2020, 06:32:44 pm »

That often 😀😀

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 3, 2020, 06:33:26 pm »
That often 😀😀

He does do it by pissing on them though
Jurgen YNWA

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 3, 2020, 06:35:21 pm »
They won't reassess though, they'll just think everything is all rosy and carry on being Tory voting c*nts - nothing ever changes. Brexit showed us this country is full of selfish c*nts and the way people continue to go out now, shows fuck all has changed.

I hope the Labour Party doesn't share this view Rob!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19 on: April 3, 2020, 07:02:18 pm »

Sadly, this covers it for me.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2020, 07:13:30 pm »
I hope the Labour Party doesn't share this view Rob!

So do I.

I'd love to say the country will fight back against the Tories, but seeing places like Blyth vote in a Tory MP shows how utterly selfish the English are.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2020, 07:14:20 pm »
He does do it by pissing on them though
That is only when i'm preparing your lunch my dear   ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2020, 07:16:02 pm »
That is only when i'm preparing your lunch my dear   ;D

You said that was vinegar you twat ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2020, 05:21:44 am »
Just to get away from Paul's depuratory regime for a moment (I'll never see vinegar in the same way again), I agree that generally things will go back to normal again. I'd worry that any lasting effects might be negative ones - increased suspicion of foreigners,etc, though there's always hope that we might value healthworkers and some unfashionable trades more highly, and maybe become a bit more progressive about work routines.

I also fear that all this noble largesse shown by dear Rishi and the gang will have to be paid for by some kind of super-austerity on the horizon...

For myself, personally, however, I'm really hoping this will be a watershed moment. Many things I took for granted now seem so much more valuable (and I don't mean big rolls, well not just...). I have this urge to carpe diem even as others are carpe-ing handwash and pasta. Or am I kidding myself and this will be just like New Year's resolutions; forgotten all too quickly?

Right now I'd settle just to be able to bike a trail or take a break by the sea again. Or hug a friend without fear and facemasks.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2020, 05:44:55 am »
Commercial landlords all over the world will be shitting themselves. We spend billions a year building glistening phallic symbols for corporations to house their staff in. Now those same staff members are working from home so why spend that money when all you need is a corporate hub, broadband and apps like Zoom. It will be much cheaper when a new staff member joins a business to give them a laptop, free internet and a hardware token then to rent out a workstation in corporate head office in the likes of London, Dublin, New York, Sydney, etc.

There's going to be lots of empty office buildings after this.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2020, 07:22:49 am »
Things really need to change, this should be the wake up call that we need to start changing for the better, planning for the future but guarantee the first thing most will do is go out on massive drinking sessions/parties.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #26 on: April 4, 2020, 07:49:12 am »
Things really need to change, this should be the wake up call that we need to start changing for the better, planning for the future but guarantee the first thing most will do is go out on massive drinking sessions/parties.

I hope we'll appreciate our friends more, there will be parties and piss ups galore!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 4, 2020, 08:32:25 am »
Biggest changes will probably be a greater awareness of personal hygiene, as well as a greater number remote working after businesses see the benefits of this.

This seems likely. Also because the technology skills are suddenly there - lots of people had to get used to video conferencing, remote log-in, vpn etc. I can see higher education moving more to online teaching too.

Also this.
5G
Cashless Society
More State Power
Mandatory Vaccinations
Economical Crash

;D

I do wonder if we ever get back to the level of gloablisation we have had. The ease of travel, open borders, but also production spread around the globe. Will companies prefer local suppliers as a lower risk alternative now?

Also really hope the NHS will never be so underfunded again. And that medical jobs become fashionable again as a career choice.

Oh, and I also think covid19 will become aa childhood disease, like chicken pox. Somethiing everybody gets when young, abd where its not causing much damage. A lot of childhood diseases are more dangerous when you're older.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2020, 08:45:48 am by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #28 on: April 4, 2020, 09:47:27 am »
Nothing will change 'cept the world will have 1,000,000 less people in it.

The human nature - not all of us of course and certainly not everyone on here - is an aggressive, selfish, war-mongering, violent one and this is why the world as we look at it has many wars going on, lots of poverty, child abuse, human abuse, violence, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, rich becoming richer, poor becoming poorer, technology advances but so does people living on the streets.

And if people say to me 'oh fuck off it's not that bad basically human beings are good' then leave your car unlocked with the keys in or your front door wide open or let your kids play out wherever they want with whoever they want. No? Thought not.

And I am an optimist and I try and help my fellow man as often as I can but you know what? I am also a realist and I've yet to meet ANYONE who says to me - in all my life this is - that the world is a lovely place were there are no wars, no killings, no abuses and we are all one big happy family.

It is what it is and we are what we are so I live my life with that knowledge and just blimmin get on with it.

Who's up for a war-based computer game - thought so  :wave

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2020, 10:50:30 am »
I'd like to think that the longer the restrictions last the less wasteful we'll be afterwards. 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2020, 10:57:29 am »
You will finally get Blue Passports...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 4, 2020, 12:15:59 pm »
This seems likely. Also because the technology skills are suddenly there - lots of people had to get used to video conferencing, remote log-in, vpn etc. I can see higher education moving more to online teaching too.

Also this.
I do wonder if we ever get back to the level of gloablisation we have had. The ease of travel, open borders, but also production spread around the globe. Will companies prefer local suppliers as a lower risk alternative now?

Also really hope the NHS will never be so underfunded again. And that medical jobs become fashionable again as a career choice.

Oh, and I also think covid19 will become aa childhood disease, like chicken pox. Somethiing everybody gets when young, abd where its not causing much damage. A lot of childhood diseases are more dangerous when you're older.

No - the rich at the top couldn't give two fucks for the rest of us - they will just look at ways of mitigating their losses. Maybe they'll just find a new workforce in somewhere like South America to exploit.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #32 on: April 4, 2020, 12:46:03 pm »
Commercial landlords all over the world will be shitting themselves. We spend billions a year building glistening phallic symbols for corporations to house their staff in. Now those same staff members are working from home so why spend that money when all you need is a corporate hub, broadband and apps like Zoom. It will be much cheaper when a new staff member joins a business to give them a laptop, free internet and a hardware token then to rent out a workstation in corporate head office in the likes of London, Dublin, New York, Sydney, etc.

There's going to be lots of empty office buildings after this.

Well in Dublin for one these properties need to be made in to apartments and houses.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 4, 2020, 12:50:14 pm »
Well in Dublin for one these properties need to be made in to apartments and houses.

The 3 storey office building I worked in until 2015 was coverted into 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. The current one I work in is 15 floors and 100 yards long, with a multi story car park at the rear - the amount of apartments that could be converted into.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 4, 2020, 12:54:57 pm »
Maybe that's what they need to do with all the big department stores that are closing too.

With planning restrictions being lifted it would bring some life back to the high streets and maybe have the knock on effect of helping keep the smaller independents open.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 4, 2020, 03:35:52 pm »

Agree. I said it last week in the main thread -- here in the US, in the 2-3 weeks after 9/11 people were much kinder with each other. Then it was back to normal.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 4, 2020, 03:50:57 pm »
Medical and dental care will change. We're seeing a lot of telemedicine and teledentistry emerging this month. Your healthcare providers will screen you via online meetings and wearable apps. If you think you are ill, you'll only visit a physical doctor's office if you exceed certain parameters. And this week I spoke to a major dental clinic that is buying teledentistry for their offices. They want to judge what your pain issue is, and see a photo of your affected tooth, before you ever step foot in their office. And they will also start screening with laser-based thermometers at the door and refuse service to patients exhibiting fever. Here's an example: https://operadds.com/covid-19-screening-form-for-dentists/

« Last Edit: April 4, 2020, 03:53:30 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: April 4, 2020, 03:59:10 pm »

Correct. The Caroline Flack be nice lasted a couple of weeks then people were fighting over bog roll. Can see it all going back to normal in no time unfortunately.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #38 on: April 4, 2020, 04:14:53 pm »
Medical and dental care will change. We're seeing a lot of telemedicine and teledentistry emerging this month. Your healthcare providers will screen you via online meetings and wearable apps. If you think you are ill, you'll only visit a physical doctor's office if you exceed certain parameters. And this week I spoke to a major dental clinic that is buying teledentistry for their offices. They want to judge what your pain issue is, and see a photo of your affected tooth, before you ever step foot in their office. And they will also start screening with laser-based thermometers at the door and refuse service to patients exhibiting fever. Here's an example: https://operadds.com/covid-19-screening-form-for-dentists/
Maybe in the US where healthcare is treated like disagreeable side effect to printing money, but can't see it catching on in the UK for a long time yet - unless, of course, our healthcare system goes all US as Trumpy wants
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: April 4, 2020, 04:16:58 pm »
Maybe in the US where healthcare is treated like disagreeable side effect to printing money, but can't see it catching on in the UK for a long time yet - unless, of course, our healthcare system goes all US as Trumpy wants

It's already becoming the case over here. My docs won't see you, and this was before Corona, without filling in an e-consult form first so they can then triage you how they think best.

It's a complete pain in the arse to fill out, and asks fucking pointless questions if you're just after a B12 injection which you've done a million times before, but it's not a big step from that to video.