Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1766942 times)

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #14560 on: June 5, 2022, 10:38:36 pm »
Im sure there were similar bids when we wanted Thiago but surely this can just be sorted out in a room somewhere in a few days. the price will be 35-40m up front i expect

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #14561 on: June 5, 2022, 10:39:22 pm »
I mean £21m plus Gnabry or Sane and then maybe we could talk

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14562 on: June 5, 2022, 10:40:55 pm »
These seem…. Absurdly small sums
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14563 on: June 5, 2022, 10:44:13 pm »
£21m is the opening offer with £4m in add-ons

Instantly rejected

I hope that Sadio's fans online can come to forgive Bayern for this disrespect.

In the last few seasons they've signed three centre backs for various multiples higher than they value Mane. And Sane cost them almost three times as much, off the back of horrific ligament injuries.

On top of those three, for reference, they signed that lummox of a centre back Sule for £18mil.

Can't believe Bayern are treating him with such disdain. I hope he can move on from Bayern quickly, to a club where he can appear on the official team calendar merchandise for two months minimum

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14564 on: June 5, 2022, 10:44:24 pm »
Im sure there were similar bids when we wanted Thiago but surely this can just be sorted out in a room somewhere in a few days. the price will be 35-40m up front i expect

Much lower price of course, being as we paid 20m in the end. But I’m sure there where lower bids - but can you remember what they where? I am pretty sure Liverpool where not breefing the press every single step of the way.

Bayern will play this out in the full glare, briefing the press on everything.  Respectful isn’t a word they know the meaning of.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14565 on: June 5, 2022, 10:45:28 pm »
Bayern. Haha . . get fucked you arrogant c*nts. That derisory shit may wash elsewhere.  :lmao

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14567 on: June 5, 2022, 10:49:01 pm »

Compare injury records for starters.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #14568 on: June 5, 2022, 10:49:30 pm »
Bayern must think we're Dortmund or one of the other forelock-tugging Bundesliga clubs with that offer.

Get tae fuck with that shite.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14569 on: June 5, 2022, 11:02:11 pm »
For me if we're going to sell it has to be about double that, before any add ons. An insulting opening bid but if that's where Mane himself is keen on going this could be a really sour dealing.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14570 on: June 5, 2022, 11:04:49 pm »
Fisco shared in good faith. To my mind a fair amount of it was based on inaccuracies, and it all carried a bit of a whiff of Yaya Toure’s birthday cake.

I only speak for myself but I have loved Sadio at Liverpool. He has been a great player for us, and has won the lot. He also seems like he is a genuine nice guy.

I hope he stays, but at this point it seems a foregone conclusion. If he leaves it will be for the fee the club accept, and we will also have a replacement lined up.

If he leaves, good luck and thanks for all that you did for us. In an alternate universe the shot that Courtois pushed on to the post goes in, we win the CL, and Sadio gets the ballon D’or. Still, I’m old school and don’t really care about individual prizes, but it would have been nice for Sadio.

Good luck, and Bayern can bugger off with their ridiculous lowball offer.

If we are interested in Gnabry, we should make an offer for him that matches what they offer for Mane, if they want to play tennis and go to and fro all summer.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14571 on: June 5, 2022, 11:42:29 pm »
Your issue is that people took umbrage with someone's post that many thought was asinine? So you resort to throwing some snide insults around about numerous posters? maybe take your own advice and pretend to be nice aye.

Many? No. Many aren't the usual 6-7 people spouting shit constantly everywhere, bullying and mocking everyone, and laughing at their own jokes. In you mean the most annoying ones, then yes.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14572 on: June 5, 2022, 11:49:35 pm »
Much lower price of course, being as we paid 20m in the end. But I’m sure there where lower bids - but can you remember what they where? I am pretty sure Liverpool where not breefing the press every single step of the way.

Bayern will play this out in the full glare, briefing the press on everything.  Respectful isn’t a word they know the meaning of.

But they are the MOST respected team in Germany! Or so I've been told.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14573 on: June 5, 2022, 11:58:17 pm »
I’d expect Sadio to still be a Liverpool player next season without them at least doubling that.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #14574 on: June 6, 2022, 12:38:47 am »
That's an insulting offer. Just keep him another year, it's the one thing we have control over. 

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14575 on: June 6, 2022, 01:01:11 am »
Explains the PR bullshit offensive he pulled in Senegal.

Knew the offer would be rejected and now he's forcing a move.
he was using sarcasm  which got lost in translation and even said so post match.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #14576 on: June 6, 2022, 01:25:24 am »
I’d expect Sadio to still be a Liverpool player next season without them at least doubling that.
Me too. I mean look at what they paid for Leroy  Sané

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #14577 on: June 6, 2022, 02:44:53 am »
Mane jokes: I'd pick Marseille over Bayern!

there a new clip of him being interviewd i think manes having a giggle dont know how to embed the vid
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #14578 on: June 6, 2022, 04:09:23 am »
But they are the MOST respected team in Germany! Or so I've been told.

Incorrect.

Bayern are the most hated team in Germany, closely followed by RB Leipzig.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2022, 04:14:10 am by eAyeAddio »
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14579 on: June 6, 2022, 04:38:41 am »
whether he should stay and play with Mo or not ("Don't do it! Shine lasers into his face instead!").

:lmao

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14580 on: June 6, 2022, 04:38:45 am »
Incorrect.

Bayern are the most hated team in Germany, closely followed by RB Leipzig.

Think Terp's comment was a dig at supposed American Bayern Fanboy from back in the thread...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14581 on: June 6, 2022, 06:44:51 am »
Probably ends up being £35m plus £5m in add ons…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14582 on: June 6, 2022, 06:58:56 am »
This is a club that paid 60M for Sane, 35M for Pavard, 80M for Lucas Hernandez, 40M for Tolisso, 42M for Upemecano. Admittedly all young players and they were paying for potential, but they have done little in the game and none of them would appear anywhere near anyone's top 10 list of players.

Mane on the other hand, is an African, Premier League and European Champion. Vastly experienced, extremely consistent and generally robust physically as well. 5 seasons where he has played roughly 50 games per season and scored at 1:2 or 1:3, was a Ballon d'Or contender and in general easily one of the top 10 winger/forwards in the world for the last 5 years. He's also a big game player. As far as football goes, he's done it all. I can understand that a 30 year old might fetch a lower figure than the same player at 26, but this offer of 21M is a complete piss take. I hope we laughed immediately and hung up the phone.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14583 on: June 6, 2022, 07:13:53 am »
Bayern actually meant £12m but mistyped £21m... Fucking state of things, fuck me.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14584 on: June 6, 2022, 07:19:26 am »
Probably ends up being £35m plus £5m in add ons…

Yeah around there imo,  since this is their opening bid.

Very likely Bayern are bidding with an understanding of the player's desire to move and terms,  so how much the player is willing to burn bridges,  cause issues will help set the price.

Might get a  bit ugly but we've seen that before.  The work's already done on the pitch,  nothing is taking that away.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #14585 on: June 6, 2022, 08:03:07 am »
Sadio thinks he's going to be the star at a club that values him at 21M?

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14586 on: June 6, 2022, 08:08:43 am »
Someone just needs to remind Sadio of Coutinho & Gini (& numerous others) if he thinks the grass will be greener on the other side.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14587 on: June 6, 2022, 08:16:25 am »
Yeah around there imo,  since this is their opening bid.

Very likely Bayern are bidding with an understanding of the player's desire to move and terms,  so how much the player is willing to burn bridges,  cause issues will help set the price.

Might get a  bit ugly but we've seen that before.  The work's already done on the pitch,  nothing is taking that away.

Yeah,the offer is so low i can smell some shenanigans coming.

This coming familiar dance doesn't faze me one bit but some people will be saying at some point 'just take the offer and get it over with' when they get tired of it.

I'm sure the club doesn't fall for them though and will extract the maximum amount of money from Bayern.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14588 on: June 6, 2022, 08:21:09 am »
Mane doesn't need to be reminded about Gini or Coutinho. He knows their background. He's obviously not that attached to our club as we would like and that's fair enough. An employee who has done great work for us and been handsomely paid for It.
And he enjoys a joke, we've been told. Well so do we. 22 million will get you your move to Olympique Marseille! Or maybe it won't and maybe you'll have to sit on a bench for a year. Only joking.....

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #14589 on: June 6, 2022, 08:26:36 am »
What a joke from Bayern.

Offline Fisco

• Boys Pen
« Reply #14590 on: June 6, 2022, 08:28:28 am »
We let that info in, treat him in a civil manner universally, maybe we might get some insight into Mane's next move and his motivations. Be discerning of course.

We probably disagree on a few points but as a recognition of the respect you and others showed me , i'll add this insight

https://youtu.be/TdYzNxqAwZM

It's Sadio's interview  after Saturday 's game  . Go at 1:29. The journalist aks " So are you going to Paris or Bayern or where else?"

He answers with a laugh " Stop. You gotta stop. I joked 
 yesterday with a little humor and it went around the world. Now you got to stop there. I think  we will see what happens. I Have a contract with Liverpool. It's a club that I respect and the fans adopted me since day 1. So about the future we will see"
« Last Edit: June 6, 2022, 08:48:15 am by Fisco »

Offline Redknight60

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14591 on: June 6, 2022, 08:38:29 am »
People saying mane should look at coutinho /Gini are well off the mark here imo. Think you are totally misunderstanding the club's position on this one. Everything feels like we are very welcome to selling and quite possibly more the driving force than the player.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14592 on: June 6, 2022, 08:47:58 am »
Fisco, are the Senagalese people going to be upset that Bayern only value Sadio at 21 million?

Its quite a demeaning valuation
« Last Edit: June 6, 2022, 08:54:40 am by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14593 on: June 6, 2022, 08:50:16 am »
Fisco, are Nigerians going to be upset that Bayern only value Sadio at 21 million?

Senegalese would probably be more upset than Nigerians I reckon.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #14594 on: June 6, 2022, 08:51:23 am »
Fisco, are Nigerians going to be upset that Bayern only value Sadio at 21 million?

My god :lmao

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14595 on: June 6, 2022, 08:53:10 am »
Fuckinh hell... ive had a nightmare there   ;D

Edited now for world peace
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #14596 on: June 6, 2022, 08:55:49 am »
Opening bid rejected by LFC out of hand and correctly so.

Come back when you have a more realistic bid.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14597 on: June 6, 2022, 08:58:32 am »

Summer 2020 though at the height of the pandemic when clubs weren't spending. Very little money about that summer other than Chelsea. Bayern also wanted to sell because they wouldn't let him go for nothing the next year.

Bayern thinking they can pull a fast one and using the player to play silly beggars (and the Senegal internet posse).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14598 on: June 6, 2022, 09:07:01 am »
Thats an amazing bid :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #14599 on: June 6, 2022, 09:13:38 am »
Senegal must condemn