Author Topic: FSG discussion thread  (Read 749709 times)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FSG discussion thread
« Reply #8240 on: January 21, 2023, 06:40:54 pm »
My beloved LFC.

I'm not blaming anyone for this season.

I said it's a perfect storm.

I don't think recruitment is the issue, no.

Obviously we would like a new player or two, but it's not why we're a disjointed mess on the pitch this season & the whole team is struggling.

Yes I am pro FSG, pro Klopp, pro LFC.

Oh my lol, perfect storm in that movie the storm comes out of nowhere, if a blind man could see this problem before the season started I called it and so did loads of others this isn’t a perfect Storm it’s a complete an utter implosion, let’s be honest this collapse is unprecedented we have gone from being one of the top 3 sides in world football to struggling for top 10 at the moment and forget champions league football next season no chance. And this is all down to a net spend of £28mil per season that’s why we are Fucked.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:43:03 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8241 on: January 21, 2023, 06:43:54 pm »
My beloved LFC.

I'm not blaming anyone for this season.

I don't think recruitment is the issue, no.

Obviously we would like a new player or two, but it's not why we're a disjointed mess on the pitch this season & the whole team is struggling.

Yes I am pro FSG, pro Klopp, pro LFC.
I see you're still on here defending FSG to the death. You're not changing anyone's mind so just give it up. They most definitely are not great owners, they're the reason we're in the shit we are right now.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8242 on: January 21, 2023, 06:47:10 pm »
Not sure how anyone can blame klopp for what's going on. You do remember what he has achieved ok?
Under different more competitive owners than fsg the mess we are in wouldn't be happening. They have gotten lucky with klopp, he has built them An absolute fortune. Yes they have invested, but every single owner has invested , most of them significantly more than fsg, yet LFC are supposed to keep winning trophies even while being outspent season after season.
Give klopp Man Utd. Chelsea , city's squads and it's title after title after title with another couple of CL threw in

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8243 on: January 21, 2023, 06:47:35 pm »
My beloved LFC. FSG

I'm not blaming anyone FSG for this season.

I don't think recruitment FSG is the issue, no.

Yes I am pro FSG, pro Klopp FSG, pro LFC FSG.

Fixed it for you.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #8244 on: January 21, 2023, 06:56:13 pm »
For those talking about rejecting financial steroids, long-term (over next 10-15 years) without decent investment comparable to the top teams, it is likely upper mid-table mediocrity will become our norm.

I’d rather we got the financial boost than see what we saw today vs. Chelsea. If you saw that season after season I’d expect even the most ardent non-dopers would be changing their mind!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8245 on: January 21, 2023, 07:00:07 pm »
Owners who are looking for investment.  They haven't said anything that they are looking to sell, that's you believing everything you read & assuming.

Klopp has done nothing but praise FSG from day 1.

Playing squad is a mess?  Can't agree that our squad is a mess.  Not playing well, sure. Need a couple of additions in midfield, sure. Squad a mess? Nah, out of form & struggling due to many circumstances - sure.

It's easy to blame FSG, as they aren't liked.  FSG have had the blame whenever anything has gone wrong, even when we were winning the PL, CL etc FSG were getting criticised.

People just don't like owners, not unless they are spending bucket loads.  It's sad that's the situation, but our fans can be ungrateful.

I have watched our team not be able to pass the ball to each other.  A team that can't control the game against a very poor Chelsea side. 

Yet who get the blame - oh yes FSG!

Come on, be better!

I've defended FSG over the years. Many of our fans are incredibly grateful to them for a lot of what they've done. They have grown the club commercially to the point where we are realising our potential there after decades of letting others pull away from us and leave us behind. They brought in Klopp, who I was convinced beforehand would bring us the title. We then went on to win every available trophy in the game. Now that's a lot to appreciate and be thankful for.

They've also made mistakes though, and pointing them out does not negate previous praise. In life, we have to take responsibility. We cannot only accept praise but then reject all criticism if it arises.

For me, FSG are not disliked as such, but some of their actions / inactions are. Personally, I think that's fair.

Both success and failure are systemic things. They don't happen due to single factors. They happen because of a number of things coming together at the same time. FSG, Klopp and his staff had to get a lot right together for our amazing success to come into being, especially when the competition has been so heavily and unfairly stacked against us and all clubs playing by the rules. Our current decline has come from a number of factors too. Some of them absolutely basic errors. The first being not investing carefully and adequately when on top and in a position to do so. Unfortunately, that's on the ownership. This decline was seen on the horizon by people not even working in the game, so it's not come as any kind of major surprise. For me, the fact we managed to do so well last season was a surprise, but the effort pretty much broke us both mentally and physically.

How we've reached a point where only Real Madrid bring in more legitimate income than us in the entire world, yet we seemingly can't or won't invest to help maintain our position absolutely beggars belief. That, I'm afraid, is on the owners. Of course, injuries have conspired to hasten the decline too, but the writing has been on the wall for a while and no heed was taken.

I don't dislike FSG, but I think it's clear (to me at least) that they have taken us as far as they can under their current model. Klopp has worked miracles for both us and them, but he has limits too. He's also human and makes mistakes of his own. It feels like a pivotal time for FSG and the Club. FSG really do need to decide whether they are fully in or fully out. If they are in, they need to commit and act like the second highest earners on the planet and invest some of this money exactly where it's needed, when it's needed.

Do people simply want FSG to be ''spending bucketloads''? I'm not sure proper fans (not the Twitterati) expect that at all. What I think they do expect is for FSG (or any owner we have) to use the vast financial resources we do make to adequately refresh the squad in the areas of need whilst in a position to do so, rather than wait until decline sets in later. Personally, I see that as basic, good ownership with good vision and planning.

Yes, there are some entitled arses in this world. Many follow football, and some follow us. But put those aside for a moment and you will still see that there are plenty of proper fans with genuine concerns over how we are currently being run from upstairs. OK, we are not privvy to what might be going on behind the scenes just now, but the club looks and feels a bit rudderless at the moment. Good owners will be aware of this and look to address it one way or another. We will have to see what unfolds now...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 07:08:15 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8246 on: January 21, 2023, 07:01:42 pm »
I have a chart of c*nts but I wouldn't be allowed to post it.
PM it to me. I want to see if I'm on it.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8247 on: January 21, 2023, 07:02:21 pm »
I honestly don't understand why these owners get such a free ride our fan base is too kind.

They have always given Klopp the bare minimum and never gone above and beyond. Is it surprising we have ended up in such a shit state, you can't keep being clever and getting away with it.

Why does Klopp always have to be the only manager who has to be near flawless and get every decision right, while his rivals can spend 200-300 million even without  Champions League football and buy their way out of trouble.

I agree. Our fans and even Klopp have accepted this as a transition season. But why?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8248 on: January 21, 2023, 07:02:42 pm »
We don’t need doping, we earn more than enough. Just get rid of deadwood, buy some fit and hungry players and we’re good.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8249 on: January 21, 2023, 07:06:51 pm »
PM it to me. I want to see if I'm on it.  :D

A Chart Of C*nts would be a great name for a band.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8250 on: January 21, 2023, 07:08:24 pm »
For those talking about rejecting financial steroids, long-term (over next 10-15 years) without decent investment comparable to the top teams, it is likely upper mid-table mediocrity will become our norm.

I’d rather we got the financial boost than see what we saw today vs. Chelsea. If you saw that season after season I’d expect even the most ardent non-dopers would be changing their mind!

We have loads of money in the club without the need for the owners to put more in, what this season has shown is we need to spend it better. We have too big a squad taking too much in wages and not giving the performances to justify that. I don't think people realise how big the advantage we have built over the vast majority of other clubs in terms of resources actually is.

We need to get back to the singular focus on improvement and making good decisions that took us to the very top. There has been too much arrogance, loyalty and blind faith in the last 2 years

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8251 on: January 21, 2023, 07:11:29 pm »
A Chart Of C*nts would be a great name for a band.
We could make a RAWK punk band with that name.  ;D

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8252 on: January 21, 2023, 07:15:38 pm »
We could make a RAWK punk band with that name.  ;D

I'll play the sharpened spoons.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8253 on: January 21, 2023, 07:19:20 pm »
Once FSG put us up for sale maybe they have simply tuned out. Without reading the thread I’d guess I’m not the first with the comment.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8254 on: January 21, 2023, 07:24:08 pm »
4th is still possible if these fucking tightfisted gobshites back Klopp. But they won't.

Only interested in their 4 billion quid now
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 07:27:05 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8255 on: January 21, 2023, 07:28:47 pm »
Once FSG put us up for sale maybe they have simply tuned out. Without reading the thread I’d guess I’m not the first with the comment.

They have tuned out. Either they tune back quickly or they move on, quickly.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #8256 on: January 21, 2023, 07:29:16 pm »
And this is all down to a net spend of £28mil per season that’s why we are Fucked.

People really still think money is the answer.

Chelsea & Manchester United have spent the most in recently times and have won little.

The club has won every trophy under a policy that is highly successful.  Sometimes that requires patience, such as when we waited for Van Dijk or Keita or Konate - three examples of players we wanted but had to wait until their clubs would sell to us.  That patience has certainly paid off in Van Dijk & Konate's cases, it's debatable in Naby's (but I like him).

Since we won the league we have signed Tsimikas, Konate, Ramsey (not had much of a chance yet), Thiago, Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Carvalho, Gakpo - they all look like pretty dam good signings to me. 

Let's remember there was also a global crisis that occurred and we lost a third of a revenue for a season.  This obviously has to be factored into things when making a reasonable assessment (are FSG critics reasonable?  Not really, but you'd hope they can try to be in the future).

The age of our squad has significantly been reduced.  The midfield will be the last stage of being evolved.  We tried to do that in the summer but Tchoumeni decided to join another club, it happens.  Our other targets don't seem to be available yet (Bellingham for example).

I really don't see why FSGs policy still can't work.  It has worked in the past, we're still signing quality players.

Our fans are ridiculous when it comes to FSG, it's embarrassing and the ironic thing is if they sold us to the wrong new owners - they'd probably be appreciated more, then you'd be regretting all that criticism.

As LFC fans we should appreciate great owners more than anyone given the mess in the 90s signing players (and off the field), Hicks & Gillett...

Be careful what you wish for all you FSG critics.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8257 on: January 21, 2023, 07:33:22 pm »

Chelsea & Manchester United have spent the most in recently times and have won little.

The club has won every trophy under a policy that is highly successful.  Sometimes that requires patience, such as when we waited for Van Dijk or Keita or Konate - three examples of players we wanted but had to wait until their clubs would sell to us.  That patience has certainly paid off in Van Dijk & Konate's cases, it's debatable in Naby's (but I like him).

Since we won the league we have signed Tsimikas, Konate, Ramsey (not had much of a chance yet), Thiago, Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Carvalho, Gakpo - they all look like pretty dam good signings to me. 

Let's remember there was also a global crisis that occurred and we lost a third of a revenue for a season.  This obviously has to be factored into things when making a reasonable assessment (are FSG critics reasonable?  Not really, but you'd hope they can try to be in the future).

The age of our squad has significantly been reduced.  The midfield will be the last stage of being evolved.  We tried to do that in the summer but Tchoumeni decided to join another club, it happens.  Our other targets don't seem to be available yet (Bellingham for example).

I really don't see why FSGs policy still can't work.  It has worked in the past, we're still signing quality players.

Our fans are ridiculous when it comes to FSG, it's embarrassing and the ironic thing is if they sold us to the wrong new owners - they'd probably be appreciated more, then you'd be regretting all that criticism.

As LFC fans we should appreciate great owners more than anyone given the mess in the 90s signing players (and off the field), Hicks & Gillett...

The fella who was running the show Gordon is now looking to sell the club yet you think FSG's policy of sell to buy can still work?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8258 on: January 21, 2023, 07:33:32 pm »

We should all thank them yes? Be grateful for them yes?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8259 on: January 21, 2023, 07:33:42 pm »
FSG have been generally good (not great) owners, but my god, I’ve never seen anyone suck up to them as Mr Tremenderson is doing here, not even Craig :lmao

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8260 on: January 21, 2023, 07:34:20 pm »
I have a chart of c*nts but I wouldn't be allowed to post it.
You could send the list to Andy and he'll put a poll up for us all to guess the biggest.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8261 on: January 21, 2023, 07:34:26 pm »
People really still think money is the answer...

I don't think people are saying that. Well, not as in simply throwing money at a problem will automatically solve it.

It's more a case of strengthening weak areas adequately when necessary, rather than simply throwing money about for the hell of it. It's about using the vast income we generate wisely. That hasn't happened recently, and it's one of the big reasons why we are now where we are.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8262 on: January 21, 2023, 07:36:06 pm »
FSG have been generally good (not great) owners, but my god, I’ve never seen anyone suck up to them as Mr Tremenderson is doing here, not even Craig :lmao

Craig, you need to up your game mate.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8263 on: January 21, 2023, 07:38:53 pm »

If FSG stay and the continue on the current path, mid table mediocrity will be the norm, you really are a pro FSG to a point of blindness, our success is 99% down to the brilliance of klopp in spite of FSG not because of them.

• Kopite
« Reply #8264 on: January 21, 2023, 07:41:27 pm »

Don't get me wrong.

As I fan I would love us to sign Mbappe, Bellingham and have a team full of superstars.

I get just as excited for new players.  I want the club to be successful.

But I really do appreciate the job they have done (and are doing).  They inherited a mess, they have improved every part of the club, on & off the pitch.

If we get new owners who respect our traditions, listen to the fans (like FSG did when we were rightly not happy about certain plans) and will give Klopp total backing and more funds, then great.

But I think there is far more to owning a football club than just giving lots of funds.  If all our signings under FSG merely cost 5 times more than we paid, they maybe they'd be appreciated more as they've probably been too efficient in the market (that shouldn't be a negative thing).

I see certain fans just wanted new owners or FSG OUT, that I find very dangerous. 

I really appreciate being extremely well run, also when we did win the trophies complying with FFP etc for me it made them even more sweeter in victory.

I am not against new owners.  Ideally I've love the stability of FSG but more expenditure (be it from them or new investment). 

But I do not believe more money is the simple answer to our issues this season.  I do appreciate FSG and I think all our fans should respect them more, whether they want more from them or not.

All they get is criticism and that's not right!

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8265 on: January 21, 2023, 07:41:54 pm »
Yea, FSG have been fine, but it doesn't look great going forward.

But this "unfair" and "ungrateful" stuff is wild.  I've never forgotten this gem.  Calling our fans awful and the biggest issue while saying "FSG deserves better."

I don't want to keep piling on, so I'll leave it after this, but imagine saying a consortium of wealthy investors about to get a 10X return on investment "deserves better."

Our fans have been awful all season, won't blame him if he can't be arsed with them anymore. 

They just moan constantly, there's no support, no loyalty, no reasoning...

Most just want new players, money spent, act like an oil club and couldn't care less about anything else.

YNWA means nothing now days to many fans.  It's just something sung before the game. 

We sign Gakpo, what was most of the comments under his signing?  "He's not a midfielder" - disgusting!

Klopp deserves better, FSG deserves better, our players deserves better.

Our 'supporters' are the biggest issue with LFC.
King Kenny.

• Kopite
« Reply #8266 on: January 21, 2023, 07:45:59 pm »
Calling our fans awful and the biggest issue while saying "FSG deserves better."

Not the general ones who go to the games.  Today for example the support was brilliant for the team.

But yes, I do think a large % of our fans are the worst part of LFC for me. 

Just toxic haters, who behave disgraceful towards our owners & players.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #8267 on: January 21, 2023, 07:46:30 pm »
People come, people go.

Doesn't mean we're not extremely well run.

We know we are!

This reads like a parody account  ;D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

• Kopite
« Reply #8268 on: January 21, 2023, 07:48:09 pm »
This reads like a parody account  ;D

Because you disagree?

Great input!

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8269 on: January 21, 2023, 08:22:40 pm »
Don't get me wrong.

As I fan I would love us to sign Mbappe, Bellingham and have a team full of superstars.

I get just as excited for new players.  I want the club to be successful.

But I really do appreciate the job they have done (and are doing).  They inherited a mess, they have improved every part of the club, on & off the pitch.

If we get new owners who respect our traditions, listen to the fans (like FSG did when we were rightly not happy about certain plans) and will give Klopp total backing and more funds, then great.

But I think there is far more to owning a football club than just giving lots of funds.  If all our signings under FSG merely cost 5 times more than we paid, they maybe they'd be appreciated more as they've probably been too efficient in the market (that shouldn't be a negative thing).

I see certain fans just wanted new owners or FSG OUT, that I find very dangerous. 

I really appreciate being extremely well run, also when we did win the trophies complying with FFP etc for me it made them even more sweeter in victory.

I am not against new owners.  Ideally I've love the stability of FSG but more expenditure (be it from them or new investment). 

But I do not believe more money is the simple answer to our issues this season.  I do appreciate FSG and I think all our fans should respect them more, whether they want more from them or not.

All they get is criticism and that's not right!

They are businessmen who will make 3b profit when they sell. They couldn't care less about criticism so why do you care ?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8270 on: January 21, 2023, 08:27:55 pm »
They are businessmen who will make 3b profit when they sell. They couldn't care less about criticism so why do you care ?

Will somebody please think of the venture capitalists.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #8271 on: January 21, 2023, 08:53:22 pm »
Be great if we could have an event like the Red Sox and be able to ask John some serious questions.
Makes me laugh though the similarities. One of the most expensive tickets in baseball and aims for fans with £££ but they do have limited $9 tickets too… wonder what club does the exact same to keep some fans appeased.

Praying we can atleast get investors in soon. I don’t want to see anymore excuses of not being able to compete.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #8272 on: January 21, 2023, 08:59:16 pm »
Not the general ones who go to the games.  Today for example the support was brilliant for the team.

But yes, I do think a large % of our fans are the worst part of LFC for me. 

Just toxic haters, who behave disgraceful towards our owners & players.
Todays support was great?

Our home support has been dead apart from European games and a few big games.
Today with it being 12:30, cold and playing shite, it was horrendous.

Also toxic behaviour? No fan in anfield has been vocal towards the players or owners, while being shite. But still it’s not toxic to point out the obvious online.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8273 on: January 21, 2023, 09:05:31 pm »

You're not.

I don't agree with the notion that this is a "transition" season. Transitions are anticipated; they are managed. We have drifted into this mess. 2020 was a warning, but we managed to recover somewhat. But the warning was not heeded, and here we are again, even worse than before.

We can argue forever about who is responsible, but the bottom line is the club is drifting. Klopp can't steer the ship and man the engine room at the same time.

Of course the situation is still salvageable; but the longer this goes on, the more money it will cost, and the more money we'll be losing out on as we continue to stutter.

There's a difference between a transition - which implies movement and progress, despite obvious setbacks - and being aimless and rudderless, which seems to be the case right now. FSG have their eyes on a new shiny toy, and we've been left to fend for ourselves, but we can't actually DO anything without their say so.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 09:08:31 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8274 on: January 21, 2023, 09:23:43 pm »
You're not.

I don't agree with the notion that this is a "transition" season. Transitions are anticipated; they are managed. We have drifted into this mess. 2020 was a warning, but we managed to recover somewhat. But the warning was not heeded, and here we are again, even worse than before.

We can argue forever about who is responsible, but the bottom line is the club is drifting. Klopp can't steer the ship and man the engine room at the same time.

Of course the situation is still salvageable; but the longer this goes on, the more money it will cost, and the more money we'll be losing out on as we continue to stutter.

There's a difference between a transition - which implies movement and progress, despite obvious setbacks - and being aimless and rudderless, which seems to be the case right now. FSG have their eyes on a new shiny toy, and we've been left to fend for ourselves, but we can't actually DO anything without their say so.

Yep. This is just a shit season. If there is going to be a transition it will take place over the following two seasons.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #8275 on: January 21, 2023, 09:32:04 pm »
At Liverpool, hopes of a full sale are gradually fading and the compromise might be the sale of part of the club that raises funds that can be reinvested.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/21/big-expensive-buy-manchester-united-stuck-quandary/
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8276 on: January 21, 2023, 09:36:03 pm »
He' also said last week that FSG expect bids next month.  ;D

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #8277 on: January 21, 2023, 09:37:52 pm »
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8278 on: January 21, 2023, 09:39:29 pm »
You could send the list to Andy and he'll put a poll up for us all to guess the biggest.

I thought that had already been decided.

So just to give you all a shot,I will withdraw from contention.

c*nt that he is,SoS has already slipped into my dms trying to bribe me.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8279 on: January 21, 2023, 09:41:41 pm »
Could take a few seasons to get back to our best, by that time klopp will most likely have finished his time here and made fsg a very very tidy sum of money.
Even if the cheque book does open from fsg or new owners, it could take time for new players to gel, let's face it we need a few.
There are no guarantee's this so called transition season won't go into next season aswell.
Crazy amount of players could be moved on this summer who will need to be replaced with better players who hopefully dont get injured easily

Ox
Keita
Bobby
Milner
Possibly hendo though doubt it

Need cover for Trent

For me we need 5 x 1st team players coming in.
That ain't going to be cheap fsg or whoever !