Author Topic: The "It's on TV tonight" thread...  (Read 143459 times)

Offline ScouseGirl

• culé
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JJoanneuk is a ScouseGirl
Re: The "It's on TV tonight" thread...
« Reply #320 on: October 4, 2010, 09:45:57 pm »
Hells kitchen itv 2.................................we could do with Gordon Ramsay in the DRessing room , he is ranting
R.I.P Ray Osbourne AKA Shanklyboy, A Man I have never met but will remember in my prayers.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: October 8, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »
Not everyone's cup of tea, but am really enjoying the Henry Rollins show on Sky 157 right now, interviewing Patton Oswalt.  Funny man Patton, but some good comedy talk mixed with social commentary, I like the show, always look out for it.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: October 8, 2010, 11:43:18 pm »
Frank Skinner live on c4 now, funny fucker.
psn = Lents123

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2010, 09:28:47 pm »
Watching The Wedding House of Channel Four +1. It is pure and unadulterated tv gold.

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Utterly Lubberly but can't believe it's not buddha....
  • Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #324 on: November 8, 2010, 10:40:09 pm »

Kung Fu HUssle  Film4 ..
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

Nothing to do with football but
    We won it five times!

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:02 pm »
Tyson on more 4 now(138),repeated at 11 on sky 139 and at 1 on 138 and 2 on 139

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: January 1, 2011, 06:46:23 pm »
Father Ted night on channel 4 from 9oc

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »
Hopefully it won't be as shallow as might be expected of BBC pop science progs in recent years...

Horizon - What Is Reality? - BBC2 - 21.00

There is a strange and mysterious world that surrounds us, a world largely hidden from our senses. The quest to explain the true nature of reality is one of the great scientific detective stories.

Clues have been pieced together from deep within the atom, from the event horizon of black holes, and from the far reaches of the cosmos. It may be that that we are part of a cosmic hologram, projected from the edge of the universe. Or that we exist in an infinity of parallel worlds. Your reality may never look quite the same again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xxgbn

87:13

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »
Hopefully it won't be as shallow as might be expected of BBC pop science progs in recent years...

Horizon - What Is Reality? - BBC2 - 21.00

There is a strange and mysterious world that surrounds us, a world largely hidden from our senses. The quest to explain the true nature of reality is one of the great scientific detective stories.

Clues have been pieced together from deep within the atom, from the event horizon of black holes, and from the far reaches of the cosmos. It may be that that we are part of a cosmic hologram, projected from the edge of the universe. Or that we exist in an infinity of parallel worlds. Your reality may never look quite the same again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xxgbn

I've missed half of this, I'm assuming it'll be on the iplayer, anyone know for sure?
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
87:13

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2011, 08:16:21 pm »
My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, C4 9pm, it's class.
psn = Lents123

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan

Offline EvaRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #332 on: January 21, 2011, 03:43:21 pm »

True Blood season 3 on FX in UK tonight.
Not that I'm obsessed or anythnig.

TRU BLOOD - real blood is for suckers

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2011, 04:53:45 pm »
This Thursday (3rd Feb)

Louis Theroux: Ultra Zionists (Thu, 9pm, BBC2)
Lovely Louis heads to the Israeli-occupied West Bank to spend time with a group of hardcore Zionists who believe their presence there is a divine right and duty. Their daily lives are ones of constant conflict with their Palestinian neighbours, from low-level jostling to the terrible violence that’s all too familiar from news reports. Louis’ trademark disarming, faux-naïve style is a perfect way of bringing out the human stories behind the hard news, and this is a typically excellent piece of work that is warm, funny, frightening and sober in equal parts. The man’s a true TV one-off – and at least this can’t have been as scary to make as his programme with Jimmy Savile.

Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline ScouseGirl

• culé
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JJoanneuk is a ScouseGirl
« Reply #334 on: February 9, 2011, 08:47:06 pm »
dont forget koptalk of lfc tv tonight , 3 of our Rawk Lads 9pm koptalk
R.I.P Ray Osbourne AKA Shanklyboy, A Man I have never met but will remember in my prayers.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2011, 07:57:41 am »
Mad Dogs second episode on tonight on Sky1, I enjoyed last weeks
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #336 on: March 1, 2011, 09:43:13 am »
Horizon: 21:00 on BBC Two (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland only)

Dr Alice Roberts asks one of the great questions about our species: are we still evolving?

There's no doubt that we're a product of millions of years of evolution.

But thanks to modern technology and medicine, did we escape Darwin's law of the survival of the fittest?

Alice follows a trail of clues from ancient human bones, to studies of remarkable people living in the most inhospitable parts of the planet, to the frontiers of genetic research to discover if we are still evolving - and where we might be heading.

As well as the sexiest doctor on TV being on, THE man himself is back this week:

How TV Ruined Your Life, 22:00 on BBC Two (England, Wales only)

From the moon landings to Blake's 7 to CSI: Miami, Charlie Brooker argues that television has warped our relationship with technology. Warning: this episode contains a computerised Simon Cowell and a lady in a silver catsuit.

Two of my favourite TV presenters right there. Fuck Barca and the Arse or ManU and Chelsea, this is much better viewing imo.  :P

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #337 on: March 2, 2011, 10:59:06 am »
Today, 20:00 on BBC Two (except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue))

David Attenborough returns to the island of Madagascar on a very personal quest.

In 1960 he visited the island to film one of his first ever wildlife series, Zoo Quest. Whilst he was there, he acquired a giant egg. It was the egg of an extinct bird known as the 'elephant bird' - the largest bird that ever lived. It has been one of his most treasured possessions ever since.

Fifty years older, he now returns to the island to find out more about this amazing creature and to see how the island has changed. Could the elephant bird's fate provide lessons that may help protect Madagascar's remaining wildlife?

Using Zoo Quest archive and specially shot location footage, this film follows David as he revisits scenes from his youth and meets people at the front line of wildlife protection. On his return, scientists at Oxford University are able to reveal for the first time how old David's egg actually is - and what that might tell us about the legendary elephant bird.

OK, so I'm a TV and BBC freak, but I love Attenborough and due to age we not see a lot more of him on the telly for much longer. I believe he's retiring soon. Anyway, interesting topic, imo, and as always I fully expect it to be good TV. He never fails to enlighten me. It has been advertised a lot, but just thought I'd post in case anyone forgot or missed it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: March 6, 2011, 09:05:40 pm »
Wonders of the Universe just started on bbc2, with that Prof Cox guy who used to be in a band.  Followed of course by MOTD.  Sun night sorted.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: March 6, 2011, 09:23:37 pm »
Wonders of the Universe just started on bbc2, with that Prof Cox guy who used to be in a band. 

He's completely ruining what might otherwise have been a very interesting programme.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: March 6, 2011, 10:00:52 pm »
He's completely ruining what might otherwise have been a very interesting programme.

Why?  Thought he was ok like.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #341 on: March 6, 2011, 10:02:52 pm »
Why?  Thought he was ok like.

If he was a cake he'd eat himself.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: March 6, 2011, 10:20:19 pm »
If he was a cake he'd eat himself.

Yeah that was why. Annoying.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: March 11, 2011, 01:06:55 pm »
Taking on Tyson   Tonight 9oc Discovery channel

Mike goes beyond just raising his feathered friends - he will race them for the very first time. With unprecedented access to the neighborhood haunts he grew up in and lifelong friends who surround him, this six-part series introduces audiences to the highly competitive, bizarrely fascinating subculture of pigeon racing. The stakes are high in a sport that has just as much machismo as boxing. But this time it's not about money; it's about bragging rights.

From the rooftops of Jersey City to the streets of Brooklyn, this series provides a window into Mike Tyson's complex life as the boxing legend reconnects with his roots and return to his childhood neighborhood to face his next challenge.

Offline Sri Sudachan

• Utterly Lubberly but can't believe it's not buddha....
  • Legacy Fan
  • เบื่อๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆๆ
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2011, 07:43:49 pm »

Kung Fu Hustle Film4 9pm ...again  :wave
2000-2003-2004-2005-2007

Nothing to do with football but
    We won it five times!

Offline RedRabbit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #345 on: May 5, 2011, 02:33:43 pm »
Two excellent documentaries on BBC tonight. First is Micheal Mosley on BBC1 with the first in a series of four about the human body and then, fairly late on BBC4 is Jim Al-Khalili on, well, everything and nothing. Fuck Brian Cox. This guy is way better and explains stuff without the need for expensive CGI and exotic backdrops. It's a repeat, but if you haven't seen it and your interested in this sort of stuff, (astronomy, quantum physics, etc.), I can't recommend it highly enough. Amazed me the first time and deffo going to watch it again.

Today, 21:00 on BBC One

Series exploring the wonders of the human body. Using spectacular graphics based on real images and the latest scientific research, Michael Mosley takes viewers on a voyage through the workings of the inner human universe. Travelling through the body, tiny clusters of hairs loom as large as a forest and hidden chambers of the heart rise up like a vast cathedral. To illustrate the surprising ways bodies work, the series also tells the stories of remarkable people from around the world who have pushed theirs to the absolute limit. From the moment of creation to our last breath, the series reveals the human body's ability to amaze and delight.

Mosley tells the story of human biological creation. He brings to life surprising medical research, revealing the improbable sequence of events that lead to birth. State-of-the-art graphics follow millions of sperm on their dangerous race towards the egg, revealing the ingenious ways that a woman's body selects the best; illustrate a body begining to self-assemble; and, in a television first, show a human face coming together. The programme follows the progress of a couple who are expecting triplets, from the 4D scan when they first come face-to-face with their babies to the dramatic finale of birth. Plus, meet a woman expecting her 16th baby and the oldest conjoined twins in the world

Today, 23:45 on BBC Four

Two-part documentary which deals with two of the deepest questions there are - what is everything, and what is nothing?

In two epic, surreal and mind-expanding films, Professor Jim Al-Khalili searches for an answer to these questions as he explores the true size and shape of the universe and delves into the amazing science behind apparent nothingness.

The first part, Everything, sees Professor Al-Khalili set out to discover what the universe might actually look like. The journey takes him from the distant past to the boundaries of the known universe. Along the way he charts the remarkable stories of the men and women who discovered the truth about the cosmos and investigates how our understanding of space has been shaped by both mathematics and astronomy.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #346 on: May 31, 2011, 12:15:51 am »
There was a lot of good Beaver action on Spring watch tonight and more promised for tomorrow.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #347 on: May 31, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »
There was a lot of good Beaver action on Spring watch tonight and more promised for tomorrow.

:lmao  You twat!  :D
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2011, 12:35:43 pm »
BBC2 9pm tonight
Terry Pratchett follows a British man to Switzerland to take his own life, the man Peter Smedley was my godfather , i havent seen him for at least 10 years and as most god fathers he is/was a distant figure but the programme will be followed by a debate on assisted suicide, a highly immotive subject.
I wont watch the final moments but still will watch an amount of it to try and understand what were his thought patterns leading up to his decision

Theres a debate on after it which will be interesting
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2011, 09:09:53 pm »
Just a quick bump to let people know 'Terry Pratchett: Choosing to Die' has just started on BBC 1 now.
Justice for the 97

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #350 on: July 2, 2011, 05:49:37 pm »
Good Will Hunting - BBC One 23:35. Very good film, Robin Williams, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:24 pm »
This World: Italy's Bloodiest Mafia
9pm, BBC2

Despite frequent crackdowns and prosecutions, the Camorra, Naples's mafia, maintains a deadly grip on the city, mutating with the times and depending on the code of silence observed by both members and those they extort. Mark Francetti visits the city where the network is so endemic it is known as "the system", with one newspaper dedicated entirely to its activities. Silvio Berlusconi vowed to get tough on the Camorra, as well as the rubbish crisis in Naples on which they thrive, but, three years on, both Camorra and the garbage remain. Some, however, are fighting back. David Stubbs

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #352 on: July 16, 2011, 11:55:44 pm »
TOTP 64-75 on BBC2.  Steelers Wheel lead singer(GR?) looks well off his tits. ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: July 16, 2011, 11:59:12 pm »
Woman take me in your arms and rock me baby 8) get the fuck in there!!!!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2011, 12:00:26 am »
haha here comes your ABBA

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2011, 12:02:04 am »
ABBA!!!!!!!!!!

Waterloo four stops from Formby, Waterloo.....

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2011, 12:02:32 am »
haha here comes your ABBA
Am there biggest fan ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2011, 12:03:34 am »
Am there biggest fan ;D
I know mate, whenever i hear ABBA now, i think Chopper :)

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2011, 12:05:24 am »
I know mate, whenever i hear ABBA now, i think Chopper :)
I'll take that as compliment.

Freddy Mercury was a boss singer, but a raving hom none the less. Dodgy bloke that.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: July 17, 2011, 12:06:27 am »
Susie Q!  Go the fuck ed!