Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388361 times)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2011, 11:28:34 pm »
I think in the long run due to the pacing its something that will work very well as a box set, it would be like watching a loooong film and wouldnt drag so much.

Then again I dont have a problem with the pacing or dialogue, its pretty much standard for the horror genre, anyone expecting Shakespeare are watching the wrong show. Same goes for the long drawn out wordy scenes, they are setting the scene and externalising what the characters are going through, this is about how people might survive a zombie apocalypse over a long period of time if not completely, not the usual simple film version where they get in the helecopter at the end and fly off into the sunset, its about the practicalities, pitfalls and the new reality of the horror they are living with on a daily basis.

If I could say anything to the writers it would be to use what happened in New Orleans after Katrina as the basis, the break down and failure of society, how people coped with the most basic needs of food and water and how they didnt, so like all of that except with zombies.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2011, 12:57:33 am »
I do think it could be a bit better but..let's see how the rest of the season 2 pan's out...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2011, 01:11:18 am »
Just couldnt get into the 1st series...It started great but I guess when you've seen one zombie head blown to bits with a shotgun youve seen em all...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2011, 10:46:00 am »
It reminds me of the resident evil games when they first came out back in the late 90's...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »
Just couldnt get into the 1st series...It started great but I guess when you've seen one zombie head blown to bits with a shotgun youve seen em all...
The zombies are the real star of the show. When you see one of the featured zombies, at times I was left wondering how they did it. The Bicycle Girl make up prosthetics from the first episode are amazing enough on their own, but the fact that she was in half and crawling and it looks completely realistic is another thing. It puts big budget horror films to shame. Greg Nicotero and KNB have done an amazing job on this. The show wouldn't be the success it is without him. His prosthetic makeup effects are by far the best there is.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2011, 11:53:18 pm »
I thought the second episode was superb, not too much zombie action until later on, but there were some nice scenes otherwise. Hershel looks like he'll be a great character.

There has to be some pacing there, and I felt that the actors needed to flesh out the characters. There was some solid acting and writing in that episode. Nothing seemed dumb, and it brought the viewer a little bit of perspective that Rick has a family and that tragedy for him can be just around the corner. It was also a slow episode to introduce new characters, which was what was needed.

Totally agree lads, just watched S2 E2. Just what the doctor ordered and a great episode. Quite a bit of character development and introduction of some interesting new characters.

Nobody actually annoyed me this episode other than Ricks wife having a go at Herschel for some inexplicable reason.  The group seems to have sorted their shit out.

Thankfully not an episode crammed full of zombies getting their heads shot or crossbowed off. But did have a couple of edge of the seat moments especially at the end.

Looking forward to ep 3.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #406 on: October 31, 2011, 06:01:16 am »
First solid episode of the season me'thinks.  Some of the main actors are still pretty terrible. At dramatic moments, they all seem to like stopping in mid-sentence, look away or up, before proceeding with their thoughts. It's getting pretty damn old.

There were still a few niggling things that made no sense...
Spoiler
The lady sees all this equipment arriving and doesn't think to ask about her husband during the long minutes/hours that the operation took place? The Asian and Black dudes arrive and nobody thinks about asking them what their blood type is?  Black dude still has a hard on against crossbow dude even if that guy has already saved his life a gigillion times?
[close]
...but on the whole this was the first episode that had me fully engaged, since maybe S1E1.  This is how it should be done, and I hope they keep the same standard for the remaining episodes.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: October 31, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »
Decent episode this week.
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: October 31, 2011, 03:51:56 pm »
Yep.

Good ending as well.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: October 31, 2011, 04:16:56 pm »
Thought the episode was brilliant, really liking this series. Some of the acting is a bit dodgy, especially the actor who plays Shane. But on the whole it's an enjoyable show albeit shoddy in parts. Still hoping that the little girl comes back zombified.

Spoiler
So blatantly obvious that Shane would shoot Otis to get away, suspected it from the start.
[close]

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: October 31, 2011, 04:19:21 pm »
Thought the episode was brilliant, really liking this series. Some of the acting is a bit dodgy, especially the actor who plays Shane. But on the whole it's an enjoyable show albeit shoddy in parts. Still hoping that the little girl comes back zombified.

Spoiler
So blatantly obvious that Shane would shoot Otis to get away, suspected it from the start.
[close]

It was obvious.

Shame.
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: October 31, 2011, 11:05:19 pm »
Comic book spoilers
Spoiler
Are they setting it up so that Shane becomes the Guvnor down the line? they seem to be setting up something big him anyway.

Don't think Jon Bernthal has anything like the acting chops to pull it off that kind of character mind.

Think they're going to have a hard time selling the audience on Andrea and Dale getting together, if they have that happen. Wouldn't blame them if they didn't, and kept it as more of a father daughter type thing.
[close]

Though it was a very solid episode overall, we got to see more of the other characters given more to do and say.

Could see the ending coming a mile away like, as would most i imagine given how the episode started, so the big build up to it kind of fell flat.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:07:52 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: October 31, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »
I am hoping episode 3 picks up a bit from episode 2 which was a bit flat despite the fact of what had happened in part 1 and part 2 with the _____.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31:20 pm »
Spoiler
Am I the only one that doesn't give a flying fuck about the missing girl? Seriously, if I were in that position I think I'd take the mother out in the woods & use her for target practice with the crossbow. The whole thing is boring me to sleep!
[close]
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: October 31, 2011, 11:34:37 pm »
Spoiler
Am I the only one that doesn't give a flying fuck about the missing girl? Seriously, if I were in that position I think I'd take the mother out in the woods & use her for target practice with the crossbow. The whole thing is boring me to sleep!
[close]

"The whole thing is ______ me to sleep" isn't far off...a bit of an anti-climax from episode 1 thus far...here's hoping episode 3 picks up.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Walking Dead
« Reply #415 on: November 1, 2011, 02:21:19 am »
Comic book spoilers
Spoiler
Are they setting it up so that Shane becomes the Guvnor down the line? they seem to be setting up something big him anyway.

Don't think Jon Bernthal has anything like the acting chops to pull it off that kind of character mind.
[close]

Spoiler
I still think that role is going to be played by the one handed redneck guy from the first series. Fairly well known actor, was already a horrible twat, purposely didn't show him dying etc. He'll back as the main antagonist this series I reckon, even if he isn't the Guvnor.

I can see them maybe combining the Guvnor and Prison plots into one. They're obviously keeping to the comic storyline only in the broadest sense so why not?
[close]

Watched the second episode and found it much, much better than the first. Much tighter plotting and pacing, less awful speeches, interesting new characters and a pretty good cliffhanger. That fat Red Shirt is deffo a buffet for the walkers.

Loved that shot of Laurie walking in the woods and the walker coming out from behind the tree right next to her, that shit me up a bit.

The show needs more Dale, lots more Dale. He's the only decent actor among the lot of them and he really knows how to sell the cheesy dialogue without it coming off as lame.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: November 1, 2011, 10:55:33 am »
Bugger. I Need to be careful with some of these spoilers as they are from episode 3 wich isn't shown here until Friday but I believe is shown in the US on the previous Sunday or Monday.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: November 1, 2011, 11:02:05 am »
Bugger. I Need to be careful with some of these spoilers as they are from episode 3 wich isn't shown here until Friday but I believe is shown in the US on the previous Sunday or Monday.

I am sadly going to miss episode 3 as we are away on exercises all week...hope I can catch a repeat though...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: November 1, 2011, 06:39:15 pm »
The show is now definitely starting to find it's true identity now. At the start the characters didn't really know what they were up against or facing. Now they know, and you can see it's starting to change them. I loved the first episode, but the second one started showing signs of returning to the kind of pace and direction shown in the pilot; the third episode built on that, and I think it's been the best one since the opening yet. A lot has been said about the dialogue and acting, but I personally think it's decent enough for what the show is, in fact it's better than decent, because going by the rule, most horror at even a big budget level is extremely ropey almost by rule of thumb, but here it gels well IMO. For a zombie genre anyway, nothing else compares to it. Shows like True Blood have infinitely worse acting and dialogue, but still manage to entertain.

Spoiler
I liked the scene with the walker hanging from the tree. It's small details like that that really bring the world they inhabit alive. Funny, but really grim at the same time. Oh, and Shane shooting Otis was obvious, but the fact that you see him doing it and then showing him getting torn apart was the surprise part in it all.
[close]

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: November 1, 2011, 07:02:46 pm »
The characters are more braindead than the zombies though.

Every single week they do something mind-blowingly stupid, that anyone who'd even caught a trailer for a zombie film would know not to. They seem to basically wander around with their kids out in front waiting for them to get attacked/shot/frightened and then we spend god knows how long watching them get all emotional about their kids' plight. They drive down a freeway that's obviously going to be full of abandoned cars and then when they inevitably get caught in a pile-up,  just wander around waiting for the undead to turn up.  That's why I find it hard to care about any of them, except hillbilly boy with the crossbow - who usually sorts out all the shit the rest of them are too dumb, or too emotional to do for themselves. I actually want half of them to get killed just for being such morons. I need to use a thesaurus Shane is a dreadful actor too, as well as massively boring character.

I know they need these set-pieces and manufactured drama to make the show work but it seems they get themselves into those situations by being idiots (also 'cause the writers can't think up convincing ways for them to be in those situations). The writing is still piss-poor this season. At least we haven't had another conversation about how someone's fishing technique reflects them as a person like we did last series. That was the fucking nadir of all TV script-writing.

I watch this for the zombies and effects and hope the characters don't get so annoying that they ruin that part of the show for me. I don't buy into any of the relationship/group dynamics stuff.

But I still watch, hoping it gets better.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #420 on: November 1, 2011, 08:13:45 pm »
The characters are more braindead than the zombies though.

The writing is still piss-poor this season.

Wasn't there a bit of a hoo haa about it deviating too much from the comics and one of the main writers walked out on it this series or something?

It's not the kind of thing I usually watch but I loved the pilot episode of series one so stuck with it. The big kid in me isn't interested so much in the group dynamic thing- I just want to see zombies being smashed up for an hour! ;)
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: November 1, 2011, 09:23:35 pm »
I'm not really buying the "it's standard for the genre" when it comes to the bad dialogue to be honest. How many zombie tv shows have there been full stop? So there's no standard there to speak of really, It'd be a lazy excuse even if there were.

Can anyone explain what the story is with the zombies in terms of how fast they can move. Sometimes they are practically running, and other times they stumble along really slowly, usually at whatever is most convenient for a given scene.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2011, 09:27:12 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: November 1, 2011, 11:29:11 pm »

Can anyone explain what the story is with the zombies in terms of how fast they can move. Sometimes they are practically running, and other times they stumble along really slowly, usually at whatever is most convenient for a given scene.

Same thing crossed my mind....but..haven't got an answer for that...

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 1, 2011, 11:52:32 pm »
I'm not really buying the "it's standard for the genre" when it comes to the bad dialogue to be honest. How many zombie tv shows have there been full stop? So there's no standard there to speak of really, It'd be a lazy excuse even if there were.

The only genre there is is in film form, so this is basically breaking new ground. For that, and that alone, the series is worth watching as much as any on TV regardless if the script isn't Golden Globe worthy or not. To expect that is expecting far too much. I think the writers are doing well with what they've got considering this is all based from a comic book.
 I'm not sure if it mentions in the comic about the mobility of the zombies, but I'm fairly sure it says that they can move a bit, while some others are the slower type (more decayed) that tend to creep up without making much of a noise called lurkers or something like that. Once a herd or a group gets moving, they don't run out of steam, and they don't run out of breath or cramp up like the living do, so it's difficult to outrun them over a distance. World War Z has a good and fun explanation of stuff like that if you haven't gave it a read already.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: November 2, 2011, 02:01:37 am »
Quick questions on their eating habits too. Will they eventually die out if they don't eat anything for a long period like in 28 days later?

Also, why don't they eat their own kind?
Spoiler
For instance, they'll all stop to eat the fat guy on the floor but won't even bother stopping when three zombies next to them fall over from being shot.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 2, 2011, 03:04:43 am by Seebab »
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: November 2, 2011, 03:19:35 am »
Quick questions on their eating habits too. Will they eventually die out if they don't eat anything for a long period like in 28 days later?

Also, why don't they eat their own kind?
Spoiler
For instance, they'll all stop to eat the fat guy on the floor but won't even bother stopping when three zombies next to them fall over from being shot.
[close]
No. Only the very basic part of their brain is active. Motor reflexes and stuff like hearing and sight work, as well as the the most basic instinct of all - to feed. They don't die out because they are already dead. In 28 Days Later, it was just a virus. They weren't undead zombies like the Romero sort as they are in this.

Here, let Dr Logan explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMj13_n7CYw&feature=related

8:30 onwards.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: November 2, 2011, 10:58:34 am »
This season has been poor so far apart from the first episode, hope it picks up.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: November 2, 2011, 12:55:32 pm »
I think it's a pretty piss poor show in general to be honest, thought I'd give it another go this season in case it'd suddenly got exciting but nothing's changed. Every week it's just the same old bollocks, someone makes a stupid decision then the rest of the group put themselves in jeopardy trying to fix it rather than sucking it up & moving on.

Spoiler
Like all this horse shit with the girl. It's gonna be a minor miracle if she's not dead so why bother putting everyone else at risk looking for her? I'd just pack my shit up & move on. That'll fucking learn her for not following instructions.
[close]
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #428 on: November 2, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »

I'm sure a zombified Usain Bolt was in the last episode

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: November 2, 2011, 04:02:19 pm »
I think the writers are doing well with what they've got considering this is all based from a comic book.

I suggest you go and pick up a few issues of that 'comic book' and then come back here and apologise for your ignorance.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=the+walking+dead+comics&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=6194102754&ref=pd_sl_20od9ejez4_b
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: November 2, 2011, 05:47:44 pm »
I suggest you go and pick up a few issues of that 'comic book' and then come back here and apologise for your ignorance.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=the+walking+dead+comics&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=6194102754&ref=pd_sl_20od9ejez4_b
Sorry, fella, the only person being ignorant here is yourself with that tone. I've read the comics. They are great as a comic book format, but that would not work for TV, and the simple reason for that is the pace of them. Things happen at 100 mph, characters drop like flies, and events move on in what feels like hours instead of weeks and months like it would in a series spanned out over a couple of seasons. If it followed the comic page-for-page, we'd be at
Spoiler
the prison by now, Laurie would be dead, and Rick would be running about with one hand
[close]
all by half way through this season.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: November 2, 2011, 07:41:01 pm »
I found the comics pretty poorly written myself, Kirkman has got an absolutely terrible ear for dialogue (actually I mean exposition because thats all that they spout) and he has no real handle on pacing which either far too fast or too slow. Strangely enough these problems have translated really well to TV even though they're barely following the comic storylines. Finally gave up on them when they got to the gated/walled community and have no desire to go back to it.

www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: November 2, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »
I found the comics pretty poorly written myself, Kirkman has got an absolutely terrible ear for dialogue (actually I mean exposition because thats all that they spout) and he has no real handle on pacing which either far too fast or too slow. Strangely enough these problems have translated really well to TV even though they're barely following the comic storylines. Finally gave up on them when they got to the gated/walled community and have no desire to go back to it.

Yeah, I agree. That walled community story might actually be good for TV, but it's stopped the comic in it's tracks. It's probably a fairly realistic scenario where a group of people would try to organise and get some sense of normality back, but it's sadly predictable, as you know the walls will come down one way or another eventually. I think that the comics being released on a monthly basis considering the success of the TV show and comic overall is shocking. It needs to at least be released fortnightly to get things moving again. Hire a few artists and get it done FFS. Once per month is abysmal.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #433 on: November 2, 2011, 11:23:17 pm »
I think people are expecting far too much of this show, its a zombie film drawn out over a series, everyone in zombie films is fucking stupid, they all die because they do something stupid, if you sit there looking for flaws you are easily going to find them, just switch off and go along for the ride, stop watching with a critical eye, the genre does not stand up to hard criticism and you are always going to be left feeling short changed if you dig too deep.

As a cynical veiwer I think of myself as a supposed hard case, yes like to think I would of fucked the kid off for dead by now, at least thats what I say sat watching it, but in that reality, I cant say what I would do, in fact I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be so cold in reality, so I think its very realistic that they continue to look for her, its what people do, its lost causes and particularly kids, people go out their way when its a kid in trouble.
If you think about it as well, if they give up on her, without even knowing what happened to her, well thats it for them as a group, they whole thing falls apart, if they arent willing to go the extra inch for each other in this circumstance then they are fucked, they cant trust each other at all.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: November 2, 2011, 11:29:02 pm »
Great Post Mouth.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: November 2, 2011, 11:43:23 pm »
Yep, Mouth, very much what I wanted to write but couldn't be arsed with it, really. If people expect logic when logic went out the window practically with the premise that the dead can walk, then they are watching the wrong show. For me it's about the ride, and the situations the characters find themselves in, and the zombies themselves of course. There has been nothing else like this on TV, so just enjoy it while it lasts.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #436 on: November 2, 2011, 11:56:51 pm »
Just downloaded and am watching syfy's tv zombie movie, really anyone complaining about the Walking Dead should give it a look, its woeful, watchable, but what you would expect from a tv budget zombie flick, the acting is dodgy, so is the writing "they killed Kevin, now they are trying to kill us" or the ever brilliant lets wander about the street shouting hello anyone there, really puts Walking Dead in perspective :D

Great Post Mouth.
Cheers :)

Yep, Mouth, very much what I wanted to write but couldn't be arsed with it, really. If people expect logic when logic went out the window practically with the premise that the dead can walk, then they are watching the wrong show. For me it's about the ride, and the situations the characters find themselves in, and the zombies themselves of course. There has been nothing else like this on TV, so just enjoy it while it lasts.
Exactly, you have to suspend disbelief at any stupid thing the characters might do or say given its about zombies, they are trying where they can to inject a little realism, but some things you just have to say oh well, like with the church bell thing, why werent there loads of walkers drawn by the bells? Well any number of reasons, maybe they didnt hear it, maybe there arent that many in the area, the bell only goes off for a short period, maybe it isnt enough time for them to get a bearing on it, any number of reasons and if you sit wondering why or calling it poor writing you are missing the point of the show, its about the ride.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #437 on: November 3, 2011, 12:50:42 am »
What i love about this series is the fact that i care about what happens to the characters. In zombie films, and horror movies in general, i just don't care if anyone in the film dies but in the first episode i found myself generally fearing for the characters. By adding these 'drawn out' character development scenes the writers are creating people we can all relate to and it's not something i realised until this series. Just wish it would stick slightly more to the graphic novels but hey ho, can't complain.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: November 3, 2011, 05:46:17 pm »
What i love about this series is the fact that i care about what happens to the characters. In zombie films, and horror movies in general, i just don't care if anyone in the film dies but in the first episode i found myself generally fearing for the characters. By adding these 'drawn out' character development scenes the writers are creating people we can all relate to and it's not something i realised until this series. Just wish it would stick slightly more to the graphic novels but hey ho, can't complain.
Yeah, you just want to see the gore in films, but in this you'd be left a bit shocked when one of the main characters gets it. Example
Spoiler
I felt a bit shit for Otis. He got a bit of a harsh deal from Shane there when he was only trying to make amends for his accident with the kid. He seemed a kindly fella and didn't deserve to die like that, so it was a tad shocking to see the fat fucker getting torn to pieces like that. Harsh. At least the zombies got a good feed. Good thinking from Shane I suppose.
[close]

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: November 3, 2011, 11:26:50 pm »
One of the best Zombie shows (the only one at the moment?) ever on the telly...going to miss episode 3 tonight sadly...but hopefully, will catch a repeat next week...