Author Topic: The Labour Party (*)  (Read 884238 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #5720 on: April 18, 2017, 07:46:25 am »
I see the chicken coup MPs have come out in force to change any good news back to bad news.

They are as predicable as the seasons.

Time to deselect them a waste of space.

If only they spent has much effort into bring down the Tories as they do the Labour party.

If a Tory leader had Corbyn's poll numbers, there would be far more dissent. For a leader with unprecedentedly poor numbers, the lack of dissent is more remarkable than the dissent that happens. Disciplinary measures have been invoked against an MP, who protests his innocence. It is unclear at this stage what has happened, but from the MPs side he is claiming that it arises from a private letter to the leadership criticising media strategy and the response to Brexit. If this was the trigger, it is incompetent party management triggering a public row from a private disagreement. Of course there could be more, the MP appears to have had an effective media strategy to get his defence out there. The labour leadership ironically not so much.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5721 on: April 18, 2017, 07:48:41 am »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5723 on: April 18, 2017, 08:12:49 am »
I see the chicken coup MPs have come out in force to change any good news back to bad news.
So it's only Corbyn that doesn't know how to use the media

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #5724 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:05 am »
@andyburnhammp
Bit bizarre hearing these right-wing calls for a "Barista Visa". God forbid the idea of waiting longer in the morning for their posh coffee.

:butt

However bad Corbyn is, it could possibly have been worse.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5725 on: April 18, 2017, 08:31:57 am »
So Corbyn wants to increase Carers' Allowance by a massive £10 per week.  We currently receive £63 per week!  I use up most of that on petrol.  The worse paid benefit of all for the work that is done.  Of course they know they could pay us nothing because most of us do this out of love.

He can stick his measly £10 where the sun don't shine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-to-announce-policy-to-increase-carers-allowance-by-10-a-week-for-unsung-heroes-a7687581.html
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:35:30 am by In Fowler We Trust »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5726 on: April 18, 2017, 11:16:10 am »
Well it's all up for grabs now. Election called for the 8th June. With those opinion polls they'd have been crazy not to.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5727 on: April 18, 2017, 11:20:02 am »
There is a line of attack that if Brexit is so important, twatting about for a couple of months out of only 24 available for Brexit negotiations is self-indulgent. 

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #5728 on: April 18, 2017, 11:20:36 am »
There is a line of attack that if Brexit is so important, twatting about for a couple of months out of only 24 available for Brexit negotiations is self-indulgent. 

And IndyRef2 causes instability, but this doesn't?

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5729 on: April 18, 2017, 11:22:15 am »

Indeed, but the counter is that France and Germany both have elections and so nothing would get done anyway. It could be argued that May getting a mandate in parallel is a wise use of time so everyone starts with a full mandate.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5730 on: April 18, 2017, 11:23:14 am »

And who makes that attack? Corbyn is pro-Brexit.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5731 on: April 18, 2017, 11:30:24 am »
And who makes that attack? Corbyn is pro-Brexit.

Corbyn does not do media. He also does not really do party discipline. I would expect some senior figures to break ranks.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5732 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:13 pm »
Has Corbyn had some media training. His phrasing was decidedly odd when interviewed on 5 live. Did not sound good.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #5733 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54:08 pm »
Has Corbyn had some media training. His phrasing was decidedly odd when interviewed on 5 live. Did not sound good.

I expect, now having to face up to the stark reality of the start of the countdown to electoral oblivion that, short of a miracle on a par with the raising of Lazarus, is quite possibly about to engulf him and his team, he desperately needs some immodium more than any media training.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5734 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54:59 pm »
he desperately needs some immodium more than any media training.

Did not work, he was still spouting shit.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #5735 on: April 18, 2017, 01:13:02 pm »
@andyburnhammp
Bit bizarre hearing these right-wing calls for a "Barista Visa". God forbid the idea of waiting longer in the morning for their posh coffee.

:butt

However bad Corbyn is, it could possibly have been worse.

Burnham would have been infinitely better than Corbyn. He still wouldn't have been good. But he'd have been better.

Moment of truth now. Lets see if this secret army of uber Bennites turns out on the day and works its magic for Jeremy.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5736 on: April 18, 2017, 01:18:08 pm »
Turkeys....why on earth would they vote for Christmas?

Why would you vote to repeal the fixed term parliament act?  Almost certain destruction at the election giving this awful government a much bigger mandate.  Very odd.

And social media is full of those predicting 2017 as being the end of Corbyn's rule.

Do we really think he would step down?  Some very optimistic people out there I must say.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5737 on: April 18, 2017, 01:23:58 pm »
Turkeys....why on earth would they vote for Christmas?

Why would you vote to repeal the fixed term parliament act?  Almost certain destruction at the election giving this awful government a much bigger mandate.  Very odd.

And social media is full of those predicting 2017 as being the end of Corbyn's rule.

Do we really think he would step down?  Some very optimistic people out there I must say.

He will be challenged after an election loss. There is a real chance that enough Labour members will react against a Labour wipeout. Pointing to the large number of members who supported him looks really weak if the electorate did not support him.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5738 on: April 18, 2017, 01:30:22 pm »
Tom Blenkinsop, MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland has announced he won't be standing in the GE. His majority is 4.9%.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2017-04-18/tom-blenkinsop-mp-will-not-seek-re-election/

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5739 on: April 18, 2017, 01:36:19 pm »
2,200 majority Lab over Con. 6,900 UKIP votes. 

LD had dropped from over 7,000 in 2010 to about 1,500 in 2015.

UKIP swing to Tory, Lab swing back to Lib Dem, loss of an incumbent. Looks very shaky. 

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5740 on: April 18, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »
Tom Blenkinsop, MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland has announced he won't be standing in the GE. His majority is 4.9%.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2017-04-18/tom-blenkinsop-mp-will-not-seek-re-election/

Tom Blenkinsop, Member of Parliament for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland has announced he will not be seeking re-election at the upcoming General Election.

Tom Blenkinsop has served as the Member of Parliament for the constituency, in which he was raised, went to school and worked prior to becoming an MP, since 2010.
Tom said:
“I will not seeking re-election as the member of Parliament for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland.

“I have made no secret about my significant and irreconcilable differences with the current Labour leadership. It is because of these differences I feel I cannot in good faith stand as the Labour candidate for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland.

“Representing the people of Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland has been the proudest years of my life.

“I will do all I can in my time remaining as an MP to champion my constituents and the area that means so much to me, as I have been proud to do over the last 7 years.”
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5741 on: April 18, 2017, 02:31:12 pm »
He was on Good Morning Britain if anyone can bear to see him alongside Trump's favourite British gormless gimp.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5742 on: April 18, 2017, 03:53:21 pm »
Alan Johnson too. Fleeing a sinking ship? Wonder if there'll be many more.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5743 on: April 18, 2017, 04:03:26 pm »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5744 on: April 18, 2017, 04:18:36 pm »
Alan Johnson too. Fleeing a sinking ship? Wonder if there'll be many more.

Quite a few I'd expect. Facing obliteration at the polls and deselection by whichever of McDonnell, Thornberry or Abbott Momentum elect if Corbyn stands down.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5745 on: April 18, 2017, 04:29:03 pm »
Burnham would have been infinitely better than Corbyn. He still wouldn't have been good. But he'd have been better.

Moment of truth now. Lets see if this secret army of uber Bennites turns out on the day and works its magic for Jeremy.

Hasn't Labour got the most party members in Europe? Be interesting to see how many actually get out and canvass.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #5746 on: April 18, 2017, 05:04:07 pm »
Nothing positive from ICM's snap poll today

Conservatives: 46% (up 2 from Guardian/ICM over the weekend)

Labour: 25% (down 1)

Lib Dems: 11% (up 1)

Ukip: 8% (down 3)

Greens: 4% (no change)

People were asked if they supported or opposed Theresa May’s decision to call an election.

Support: 55%

Oppose: 15%

It was then put to respondents that May used to be adamant that she would not call an early election. They were asked which of these three statements they most agreed with.

The situation has changed, and May is right to change her mind: 54%

Nothing has changed and May is wrong to hold an election: 21%

Don’t know: 25%

There was a question about which team is best able to manage the economy.

Theresa May and Philip Hammond: 51%

Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell: 12%

And finally there were questions about whether leaders are doing a good or bad job.

May

Good job: 57%

Bad job: 24%

Net score: +33

Corbyn

Good job: 13%

Bad job: 61%

Net score: -48

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5747 on: April 18, 2017, 05:16:02 pm »
Nothing positive from ICM's snap poll today

Conservatives: 46% (up 2 from Guardian/ICM over the weekend)

Labour: 25% (down 1)

Lib Dems: 11% (up 1)

Ukip: 8% (down 3)

Greens: 4% (no change)

People were asked if they supported or opposed Theresa May’s decision to call an election.

Support: 55%

Oppose: 15%

It was then put to respondents that May used to be adamant that she would not call an early election. They were asked which of these three statements they most agreed with.

The situation has changed, and May is right to change her mind: 54%

Nothing has changed and May is wrong to hold an election: 21%

Don’t know: 25%

There was a question about which team is best able to manage the economy.

Theresa May and Philip Hammond: 51%

Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell: 12%

And finally there were questions about whether leaders are doing a good or bad job.

May

Good job: 57%

Bad job: 24%

Net score: +33

Corbyn

Good job: 13%

Bad job: 61%

Net score: -48

Still - six weeks to turn it round!...

I honestly think it could get worse once Steve Hilton really gets going on Corbyn and his team.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5748 on: April 18, 2017, 05:31:55 pm »

I honestly think it could get worse once Steve Hilton really gets going on Corbyn and his team.
Is it worrying that polls normally shift towards the ruling party towards the end?

I'm just concerned that there may be very little party to resurect.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5749 on: April 18, 2017, 05:40:39 pm »
Corbyn to oppose automatic re selection.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58f638a7e4b0b9e9848ec795

I suspect that the short time frame will scupper these plans, as the leadership is unable to do anything quickly and effectively.
W

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5750 on: April 18, 2017, 05:42:09 pm »
This is Steve Hilton's work:

And they'll be dragging this up:

I'll be voting Labour and will do what I can in my constituency but Jesus wept, talk about going in to a fight with your hands tied behind your back.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #5751 on: April 18, 2017, 05:44:47 pm »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5752 on: April 18, 2017, 05:47:02 pm »
Clive Lewis who was the new darling of the left seems certain to lose his seat.

A shame as he didn't seem to be utterly incompetent.
W

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5753 on: April 18, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »
The Unite leadership vote closes tomorrow, with the results being announced on the 28th of April. Might McCluskey decide to ditch his support for Corbyn in light of today's news, if/when his position is secured? Will the other unions call for him to go too?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5754 on: April 18, 2017, 06:10:24 pm »
The Unite leadership vote closes tomorrow, with the results being announced on the 28th of April. Might McCluskey decide to ditch his support for Corbyn in light of today's news, if/when his position is secured? Will the other unions call for him to go too?
Of course not.  That would involve common sense..
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5755 on: April 18, 2017, 06:24:51 pm »
Deselection looks like it could be tricky to achieve

The NEC could change the rules, but I find this very unlikely.

Edit: the deputy political editor of the Guardian says that it's been agreed behind closed doors that deselection won't happen.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:26:23 pm by itching like a tramp's hairy ballbag »
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5756 on: April 18, 2017, 07:55:30 pm »
PLP meeting delayed as Corbyn is stuck on a train...

He's incredibly hapless isn't he?
W

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #5757 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:58 pm »
So Corbyn wants to increase Carers' Allowance by a massive £10 per week.  We currently receive £63 per week!  I use up most of that on petrol.  The worse paid benefit of all for the work that is done.  Of course they know they could pay us nothing because most of us do this out of love.

He can stick his measly £10 where the sun don't shine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-to-announce-policy-to-increase-carers-allowance-by-10-a-week-for-unsung-heroes-a7687581.html

He asked that it be increased in line with the Job seekers allowance - as it indeed should at least be. If you're caring for a relative permanently you can't be going looking for a job can you - even if you'd love to do that.

Interested in why you appear not at all angry with the Tories and they are offering you and others like you Jack Shit.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5758 on: April 18, 2017, 08:18:21 pm »
He asked that it be increased in line with the Job seekers allowance - as it indeed should at least be. If you're caring for a relative permanently you can't be going looking for a job can you - even if you'd love to do that.

Interested in why you appear not at all angry with the Tories and they are offering you and others like you Jack Shit.
His name isn't Jack
W

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #5759 on: April 18, 2017, 08:21:20 pm »

Hilton and Crosby. We haven't got a fucking chance, here.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."