Author Topic: Nottingham Forest  (Read 34415 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Nottingham Forest
« Reply #240 on: September 2, 2022, 07:23:47 am »
how much did they spend in total?
£145m I believe
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #241 on: September 2, 2022, 08:27:47 am »
how much did they spend in total?

Around 145 million

The players left from last season squad are:

Jordan Smith (3rd choice GK)
Joe Worral CB
Steve Cook CB
Loic Soh CB
Scott McKenna CB
Jack Colback CM
Ryan Yates CM
Harry Arter CM
Cafu CM
Brennan Johnson CM
Sam Surridge ST
Lyle Taylor ST
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #242 on: September 2, 2022, 09:34:04 am »
@mattrushbrooke

Imagine the Nottingham Forest summer signings doing their initiation songs in the hotel the night before their next away game, it’ll be like fucking Live Aid.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #243 on: September 2, 2022, 12:26:27 pm »
At least they've gotten the toughest part of the schedule out but no doubt a convincing win at home to Bournemouth is going to be crucial to lift the pressure off the shoulders of Cooper and the new guys. It was set up in a way where they could've easily been on say one point after five games but now they're on five so it's going to be game on for them from here. Looks like Forest have a very high mid-table ceiling if they gel the different parts together but they could also go down if they don't. Which in turn risks leading to the demise of the whole club.
Linudden.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #244 on: September 2, 2022, 12:30:32 pm »
21 players in one window is insane.

I'd love to know who our 21st player back is we signed.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #245 on: September 2, 2022, 12:33:37 pm »

As the world's most expensive players flock to the Premier League driving up the quality of mid-table teams compared to in the past, this type of transfer window will be more common in the future. That is unless enough money gets into the Championship that predicted mid-table sides like Forest last year had squads of handy enough players to actually stay up if they got promoted. Bournemouth getting smashed 9-0 with a scoreline that could've been a lot more is probably proof enough that you nowadays need to do something in order to stay up.
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #246 on: September 2, 2022, 12:40:58 pm »

Billy Liddell.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #247 on: September 2, 2022, 12:44:40 pm »
I wouldnt say they've actually signed anyone particularly surprising for a newly promoted team needing a lot of players. Lodi is probably the only one who stands out that he's taken a bit of a dive from where he was. Its just the quantity thats surprising
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #248 on: September 2, 2022, 12:53:17 pm »

Mo Salah!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #249 on: September 2, 2022, 12:58:56 pm »
I have it as Andy Lonergan   Middlesbrough   Free   15 Jul, 2019

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #250 on: September 2, 2022, 01:06:59 pm »
Pretty sure they’ll get relegated. They look championship level, and introducing so many players is just an impossible task…

It's quite curious this team chemistry thing. How much it really means. Spain obviously benefitted from some time from the Xavi/Iniesta connection but they still managed to play like Barcelona without much of the team present. For me, I have no doubts that good players gel pretty quickly. If you'd put together the French national team minus Mbappé and had them play against PSG in Ligue 1, I'm not so certain that 'not playing together' would be an issue for too long. The issue is, are the Forest players really good enough? For me they look like a team a touch above Everton and Aston Villa so far, but it's very tight in that region of the table.

Above all, it's an interesting experiment from a sports science perspective as in: how long does it take to gel a team of average Premier League players into playing average Premier League football and can it be done in time?
Linudden.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2022, 09:35:22 am »
It would be disastrous for them if they get relegated after spending 150M.
They have to win a few before they face us and Arsenal or they are fucked.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2022, 09:44:00 am »
They are getting relegated but will score a stupid amount of goals for a relegated side.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2022, 10:26:08 am »
Wont be surprised to see sean dyche takeover.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2022, 10:51:28 am »
Straight back down and with the money they've spent, they'll never come back. What a shame.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #255 on: October 7, 2022, 12:07:53 pm »
BREAKING:  Not really a surprise given their start to the season, but Steve Cooper has been sacked  given a contract extension to 2025 by Nottingham Forest.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 7, 2022, 03:23:43 pm »
BREAKING:  Not really a surprise given their start to the season, but Steve Cooper has been sacked  given a contract extension to 2025 by Nottingham Forest.

The supporters are absolutely buzzing. He's their best manager in a long time and I reckon they were getting worried the owner would do something stupid. I know some Forest fans and fair to say no other manager has had this kind of backing from the fans since they used to be good. Nice to see Marinakis stick with it; hopefully they see it through, even if they get relegated.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #257 on: October 7, 2022, 03:44:24 pm »
The supporters are absolutely buzzing. He's their best manager in a long time and I reckon they were getting worried the owner would do something stupid. I know some Forest fans and fair to say no other manager has had this kind of backing from the fans since they used to be good. Nice to see Marinakis stick with it; hopefully they see it through, even if they get relegated.

If he's still there by the end of the season i'd be surprised.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #258 on: October 7, 2022, 04:35:23 pm »
Very good chance he'll see out the season then
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #259 on: October 7, 2022, 05:11:36 pm »
If he's still there by the end of the season i'd be surprised Johnny Buzzkill, still.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 8, 2022, 10:42:22 am »
Straight back down and with the money they've spent, they'll never come back. What a shame.

Haven't they basically just blown their pl tv money windfall, depending on who stays there if they are relegated, they should have a decent chance of becoming a yoyo club rather than ending up stuck in the championship.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 8, 2022, 11:50:15 am »
Very good chance he'll see out the season then

He could do but he'll get sacked if they keep losing or if they're cut adrift by the new year. They look like getting beat every week at the minute. I think they've took the gamble that tte new contract will remove doubt and give the squad a boost. Results have to follow though.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2022, 11:13:54 pm »

Followed-up by sacking their heads of recruitment & scouting: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/11/nottingham-forest-sack-heads-of-recruitment-and-scouting

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2022, 10:13:41 am »
Have sacked their head of recruitment and head scout.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 10:23:16 am by sinnermichael »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2022, 10:32:32 am »

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2022, 04:10:55 pm »
Really strange recruitment.  Cooper's known for working well with young players.  They definitely needed to bring in experienced established footballers, but Cooper's presence can also get some good loan deals.  A combination that results in several new signings should do.

Instead, they go on a crazy buying binge and then sack their heads of recruitment and scouting?
King Kenny.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2022, 05:32:00 pm »
Seems there was internal infighting between the two fellas who were sacked and the son of the owner according to the Athletic.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2022, 07:28:32 pm »
Some very interesting reading to be had about their owner too..
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative, A smile would crack your face.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2022, 08:48:44 am »
They remind me of when Middlesbrough came up a few years ago. Defensive, boring football hoping to grind out results so they stay up. They couldn't and neither will Forest. They'll go down with less than 30 points.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2022, 08:51:38 am »
They remind me of when Middlesbrough came up a few years ago. Defensive, boring football hoping to grind out results so they stay up. They couldn't and neither will Forest. They'll go down with less than 30 points.

Forest just haven't got a clean sheet in them to grind out results. Even the West Ham win they should have scored a bagful.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2022, 10:44:14 am »

I hope so

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2022, 11:27:40 am »
That's not how they won promotion though or how they enjoyed good cup runs.  I think they've had to become more 'pragmatic' because they were getting played through really, really easily.

I guess they'll be looking to nick a few points here and there before the World Cup then work on getting the vast collection of new players to play the managers preferred style of football.

I think they were on to a bit of a loser from the day they won promotion.  Either they took the Fulham approach of spending big and hoping enough of the new players hit the ground running, or they took the Norwich approach of just banking the windfall and then building again in the Championship.  Bournemouth and Fulham both had much stronger starting squads this summer.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #272 on: October 19, 2022, 04:12:47 pm »
Not on Twitter, but this was passed onto me by a mate....

https://twitter.com/ziggerzagger67/status/1582663742164123648?t=ADvEhxqjHZlAlk7rJ2IiHw&s=08&fbclid=IwAR00oPUNrNd2uGv7cjI_luVViyHXrlUgVwr3O2EEJsIV-LcTPdw65lN6t20

Finally, a supporter from another club who gets us ;)
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #273 on: October 19, 2022, 04:17:06 pm »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2022, 04:19:09 pm »

https://twitter.com/ziggerzagger67/status/1582663742164123648?t=ADvEhxqjHZlAlk7rJ2IiHw&s=08&fbclid=IwAR00oPUNrNd2uGv7cjI_luVViyHXrlUgVwr3O2EEJsIV-LcTPdw65lN6t20

been following him on Twitter for a while, cos he’s a fan of FC Köln too. He’s one of the good uns for sure.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2022, 04:24:08 pm »

An excellent post.

But a minority of the responses? Chelsea and City fans are a weird bunch.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2022, 04:36:47 pm »
Fair play to the lad.

Agreed.

Well-written and well-argued...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2023, 04:19:45 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66180483

Harry Toffolo: Nottingham Forest defender charged by FA over breaching betting rules 375 times

Nottingham Forest defender Harry Toffolo has been charged by the Football Association for breaching its betting rules.

It is alleged he breached FA rules, which ban players from placing bets or passing on information that could be used for betting, 375 times between 22 January 2014 and 18 March 2017.

He was signed to Norwich City at the time, and played on loan for Swindon, Rotherham, Peterborough and Scunthorpe.

Toffolo has until 19 July to respond.

It comes after Brentford and England striker Ivan Toney was banned for eight months in May after admitting to 232 breaches of the FA's betting rules.

Toney, 27, was initially charged in November 2022 and missed out on a place in Gareth Southgate's 26-man squad for the 2022 World Cup.

However, Toney 's ban was reduced from 11 months to eight, because of a diagnosed gambling addiction and he will not be allowed to play again until 17 January 2024.

Forest signed 27-year-old Toffolo from Huddersfield Town last summer, in a deal which also included Terriers midfielder Lewis O'Brien, for around £10m.

Toffolo made 19 Premier League appearances for the newly-promoted side during the 2022-23 season.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2023, 04:29:48 pm »
On loan at a slew of League Two clubs, he probably was hedging his bets that he might not even have a future in the pro game and looking to use whatever info he had to make some needed money.

Purely speculative on my part mind.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2023, 04:35:32 pm »
Doesn't seem fair to punish someone for doing something like this 6 years ago, unless he was full on betting on his own team and doing things to ensure he won. Even more so given that his standing in football is completely different to how it was back then.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.