Author Topic: Sean Cox still in hospital but 'recovers consciousness'.  (Read 93372 times)

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
Re: Sean Cox still in hospital but 'recovers consciousness'.
« Reply #240 on: October 8, 2018, 10:31:25 am »
Disgusting those bastards have only been done with "violent disorder", 2 and half years inside and will only serve a portion for basically ruining someone else's life.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 8, 2018, 11:43:24 am »
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liverpool/we-will-do-whatever-we-have-to-do-to-get-him-back-wife-of-assaulted-liverpool-fan-sean-cox-tells-of-long-road-ahead-37393061.html

Interview with his wife

It’s painful to hear the slow progress being made. But thankful progress is being made and that Sean is with us.

Can’t believe they are having to worry about rehab funding. Sean was attacked cold blooded. Seriously wherver funding comes from (government, private healthcare, clubs, players, supporters) it must come and cannot fall is the shoulders of his family.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #242 on: October 8, 2018, 11:50:01 am »
i am sure with a good bit of publicity it will be raised

perhaps not the point though, it never should have come to this

and i agree with kelvin, 2.5 years is extremely lenient
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #243 on: October 8, 2018, 12:29:26 pm »
SOS and LFC should organise a Sean testimonial.

No one is more befitting of the gift.  He's one of us ffs.

This is for a supporter, by supporters.

« Last Edit: October 8, 2018, 12:49:40 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 8, 2018, 03:49:15 pm »
BREAKING!

A man has been arrested in Rome over an alleged assault on a Liverpool fan before the team's Champions League semi-final against Roma.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-45788122

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/italian-man-extradited-uk-after-15253232
« Last Edit: October 8, 2018, 03:51:29 pm by Paragon »
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #246 on: October 8, 2018, 10:29:13 pm »
What can we the fans do to help sean and his family.I stay in Scotland but would help where I can if any can be set up.There is loads of reds up here in fife aswell as Edinburgh and other places that would get involved I think.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #247 on: October 9, 2018, 09:49:29 am »
Just saw that one of our supporters clubs in Arizona has donated £1300..brilliant that,and everyone else's contributions.  :wellin

« Last Edit: October 9, 2018, 09:53:25 am by Medellin »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #248 on: October 9, 2018, 09:55:49 am »
Just saw that one of our supporters clubs in Arizona has donated £1300..brilliant that,and everyone else's contributions.  :wellin

Brilliant.
#JFT97

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #249 on: October 9, 2018, 11:41:29 am »
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liverpool/we-will-do-whatever-we-have-to-do-to-get-him-back-wife-of-assaulted-liverpool-fan-sean-cox-tells-of-long-road-ahead-37393061.html

Interview with his wife

Heartbreaking to read the extent of the injuries that Sean suffered, and the road he now finds himself on. Those responsible should be facing far, far longer than 2 and a half years.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 9, 2018, 11:03:56 pm »
Heartbreaking but some encouraging signs in there too

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #252 on: October 9, 2018, 11:32:18 pm »
Stay strong Sean. Did what I could do with a little of my dollar, hopefully the club and players help as well.

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2018, 02:56:49 am »
https://www.gofundme.com/SupportSeanCox

A Roma supporter lashed out at a Liverpool fan as he fell to the ground during a joint attack ahead of a Champions League semi-final, a court has heard.

Filippo Lombardi, 21, is accused of inflicting grievous bodily harm on Sean Cox, 53, outside Anfield before the first leg of the game on April 24.

Opening the trial at Preston Crown Court on Thursday, Neville Biddle, prosecuting, said: "Before the match, a Liverpool supporter Sean Cox, a middle-aged family man, who was a lifelong Liverpool supporter and who had come to Liverpool with his older brother Martin, was assaulted and knocked unconscious and seriously injured."

He added: "It's the Crown's case that two men were involved in the assault on Sean Cox - this defendant and another.

"It was the other man that struck the blow that felled Sean Cox and rendered him unconscious.

"The Crown say this was a joint attack by the other man and the defendant, they were both acting together and therefore equally responsible for the injuries inflicted.

"The court was told a second man had been arrested in Rome and was awaiting extradition.

Mr Cox's wife and other family members sat in the public gallery for the start of the trial, along with about six members of Lombardi's family.

Mr Biddle said Lombardi and the man shown on footage punching Mr Cox, referred to as N40, were at the front of a group of about 50 fans who walked from Liverpool Lime Street station to the stadium ahead of the match.

He said: "A witness, Mykel Askew, was on Venmore Street when he noticed the group of Italian fans all walking in the same direction approaching the ground, many of them had their faces covered and they were chanting in Italian."

He believed that they were going to cause trouble."

Some of the group were taking their belts off and were holding them in a threatening manner."

The court heard Mr Cox, from Dunboyne, Co Meath, Ireland, and his brother had been outside the Albert pub when they heard the group chanting and Martin Cox had gone to move away from them.

Mr Biddle said: "Even as he did, he turned to see Sean Cox lying motionless on the ground."He said footage pieced together from CCTV and mobile phones showed Lombardi raising his belt as if to strike Sean Cox, before the other man punched him.

He added: "As he is falling to the ground, the defendant lashes out at him as he falls.

"It is quite clear, the Crown say, the defendant and N40 are acting together in a joint attack on an innocent bystander."

He said Lombardi was identified on footage by Italian officers and arrested before leaving the match.Alison Gurden, defending, said Lombardi, who had an Italian interpreter with him in the dock, had admitted an offence of violent disorder and accepted his behaviour following the attack on Mr Cox "went too far".

She said: "There's no dispute Mr Cox suffered catastrophic injuries and it's clear that Mr Cox suffered those injuries due to the fact he was punched but Mr Lombardi would tell you he didn't punch Mr Cox and he doesn't accept he assaulted either Sean Cox or his brother Martin Cox.

"She said Mr Lombardi had "no idea" N40 was going to assault Mr Cox or anyone else in an unprovoked attack.

The trial is expected to last until next week.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/sean-cox-liverpool-trial-roma-13400840

Best wishes to Sean and his family and friends - YNWA

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2018, 08:50:10 am »
some shower of bastards

they should get 10 years each, even that is generous

2 years is fucking pitiful

i havent donated yet but later this year instead of sending christmas cards im giving to charity, i made my mind up to do that a long time ago

thinking to split it between this and RNIB

it might be achieved by then but wait and see

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2018, 09:42:34 am »

"She said Mr Lombardi had "no idea" N40 was going to assault Mr Cox or anyone else in an unprovoked attack.

Surely the jury see right thro this crock of shit.
Joint enterprise has to be used here?

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2018, 03:25:54 pm »
Seans GAA club, St Peters Dunboyne, are in the Meath Senior Championship final today, starting in 5 minutes. Would be a nice boost for Sean if they were to win.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2018, 08:45:03 am »
Seans GAA club, St Peters Dunboyne, are in the Meath Senior Championship final today, starting in 5 minutes. Would be a nice boost for Sean if they were to win.
won by 5 points

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2018, 10:29:55 pm »
Jury in trial of Roma fan accused of attack on Sean Cox sent home

Filippo Lombardi (21) denies inflicting grievous bodily harm on Irish Liverpool fan

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/jury-in-trial-of-roma-fan-accused-of-attack-on-sean-cox-sent-home-1.3666566

The jury in the trial of a Roma supporter accused of a joint attack on a Liverpool fan from Co Meath outside Anfield is considering its verdict.

Filippo Lombardi (21), from Rome denies inflicting grievous bodily harm on father-of-three Sean Cox.

The 53-year-old from Dunboyne suffered “catastrophic injuries” when he was assaulted before the Champions League semi-final on April 24th.

Mr Cox suffered a severe, traumatic brain injury in the attack and is still unable to talk or sit up unaided, the jury has been told.

On Wednesday, as he summed up the case, Recorder of Preston Judge Mark Brown said: “Football has been described as the beautiful game but the terrible events that took place outside Anfield stadium when Sean Cox was assaulted and suffered catastrophic injuries surely have blighted its reputation.”

The jury at Preston Crown Court was told another man, referred to as N40, was responsible for the punch that knocked Mr Cox to the ground, causing his injuries.

The prosecution alleges Mr Lombardi swung his belt towards Mr Cox as he fell and was jointly responsible for the attack.

The trial, which began last Thursday, has heard MrLombardi arrived at the ground after walking from Liverpool Lime Street train station with a group of 20 to 30 Roma supporters.

Footage taken on Walton Breck Road, which was full of Liverpool supporters ahead of the game, appears to show Mr Lombardi swinging his belt in the direction of Mr Cox, who was standing with his brother Martin.

Neville Biddle, prosecuting, said: “The Coxs had done absolutely nothing other than walk peacefully down the road.

“I suggest to you it’s clear from those photos that Mr Lombardi, for whatever reason, was intent on causing trouble.

“He now realises that what he has done has has caused catastrophic injuries to Mr Cox and he is quite simply not able to bring himself to admit that that is what he had done.

“What he has done is tell you a whole series of untruths to try to cover his situation, maybe because he is ashamed of what he did and can’t bring himself to accept responsibility for it.”

Mr Lombardi, who had an Italian interpreter in court but gave most of his evidence in English, claimed he had taken his belt off because he became lost and feared he was walking into a dangerous situation among Liverpool fans outside the ground.

He said a man standing behind Martin Cox said something to him about a fight and he swung the belt at him to get him away but did not notice Sean Cox until he saw him lying on the ground.

In her closing speech, Alison Gurden, defending, said: “You don’t have to be certain that what Mr Lombardi has said is accurate, you just have to effectively have doubt in your mind as to whether prosecution have proved this case.”

The court has heard Mr Lombardi is a university student working at a debt recovery call centre and has no history of being involved in football-related violence.

Mr Lombardi has admitted a separate charge of violent disorder and said he made a “mistake” when he became involved in a fight following the assault on Mr Cox.

About half a dozen members of Mr Cox’s family, including his wife Martina, were in court as the jury were sent out to consider their verdict shortly after midday on Wednesday.

The jury was sent home for the evening and will resume deliberations at 10am on Thursday.

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2018, 03:40:07 pm »
Lombardi has just been found not guilty.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2018, 03:40:41 pm »
Found not guilty , which to be honest I wasn't expecting when he admits to swinging his belt .

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2018, 03:45:19 pm »
WTF

How the fuck Is he found not guilty

I’m a bit confused , Is there proof he didn’t make contact with his belt

Are they saying a punch did all the damage ?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:48:55 pm by rocco »

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2018, 03:46:46 pm »
Not going to comment :(

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2018, 03:48:36 pm »
WTF

Dont know if the guy referred to in court as N40 has been charged also , but he is the one who is alleged to have thrown the punch that caused Sean Cox to fall looks like the jury has believed Lombardis version how he was lost and scared ...is that with the other ultras he was with on Walton Breck Rad

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2018, 03:49:36 pm »
Dont know if the guy referred to in court as N40 has been charged also , but he is the one who is alleged to have thrown the punch that caused Sean Cox to fall looks like the jury has believed Lombardis version how he was lost and scared ...is that with the other ultras he was with on Walton Breck Rad

Lost and scared , seriously

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2018, 03:56:03 pm »
WTF

One punch can do a lot of damage. If it knocked him unconscious and he hit his head on the ground as he fell all it would need is one punch.

As far as I know the only argument from the prosecution was that Lombardi lashed out at Sean after the punch at landed. There's no evidence the belt hit Sean but also no evidence that it didn't. Ultimately it comes down to whether the jury believes there is just cause to sentence a man for GBH when there is video evidence showing that he wasn't the one who landed the crucial blow.

Lombardi has still pleaded guilty to violent disorder and should still get sentenced for that.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2018, 03:59:00 pm »

I think it is probably more a case that the prosecution have failed to prove a case of joint enterprise rather than the jury believing his lost and scared version.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2018, 03:59:23 pm »

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2018, 04:02:22 pm »
Italian football fan NOT GUILTY of GBH on Liverpool fan Sean Cox

But the 21-year-old will be sentenced for violent disorder - a charge he previously admitted

An Italian football fan has been found not guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm on Liverpool fan Sean Cox.

Filippo Lombardi, 21, was jailed for 3 years after admitting violent disorder ahead of Liverpool’s game in April at an earlier hearing.

Lombardi had been in custody since April, charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm on the 53-year-old Irishman at last season's Champions League semi-final.

Sean Cox suffered life-changing brain injuries when he was felled by a punch on April 24.

Lombardi was part of a group of 50 Roma fans who attended the Champions League clash and who walked from Lime Street Station to Anfield on the evening of the match.

He admitted wrapping his buckled belt around his hand "to protect himself" from Reds supporters who were starting to "get more aggressive" after Mr Cox had been punched and collapsed to the floor.

On Wednesday, as he summed up the case, Recorder of Preston Judge Mark Brown said: "Football has been described as the beautiful game but the terrible events that took place outside Anfield stadium when Sean Cox was assaulted and suffered catastrophic injuries surely have blighted its reputation."

The jury at Preston Crown Court was told another man, referred to as N40, was responsible for the punch that knocked Mr Cox to the ground, causing his injuries.

Lombardi, of Viale Antonio Ciamarra, Rome, has pleaded guilty to violent disorder but denied inflicting grievous bodily harm on Mr Cox, who suffered serious head injuries which left him unable to sit up straight by himself.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/italian-football-fan-not-guilty-15298169

A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2018, 04:05:02 pm »
Complete bs but I guess there wasn't enough evidence  >:(

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2018, 04:09:21 pm »
One punch can do a lot of damage. If it knocked him unconscious and he hit his head on the ground as he fell all it would need is one punch.

As far as I know the only argument from the prosecution was that Lombardi lashed out at Sean after the punch at landed. There's no evidence the belt hit Sean but also no evidence that it didn't. Ultimately it comes down to whether the jury believes there is just cause to sentence a man for GBH when there is video evidence showing that he wasn't the one who landed the crucial blow.

Lombardi has still pleaded guilty to violent disorder and should still get sentenced for that.

He is saying he swung the belt and didn’t make contact and was afraid and scared for his own safety but still accepted a violent disorder charge

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2018, 04:12:24 pm »
Hold on who is N40, has that person been identified?

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2018, 04:16:56 pm »

Edit:

Arrested in Rome and pending extradition.

BREAKING!

A man has been arrested in Rome over an alleged assault on a Liverpool fan before the team's Champions League semi-final against Roma.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-45788122

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/italian-man-extradited-uk-after-15253232
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:19:00 pm by Rhi »
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2018, 04:18:12 pm »

I believe an extradition agreement is in place with the italian authorities for this person.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2018, 05:00:52 pm »
Do people have to lose their lives for joint enterprise to be used?
Fucking joke that is.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2018, 11:40:11 pm »
He is saying he swung the belt and didn’t make contact and was afraid and scared for his own safety but still accepted a violent disorder charge

It's a joke and he is clearly lying. I'd say that he was intent on causing injury to Sean and therefore he should be heavily punished. When anyone lashes out at an innocent person then they are not in control of the end result (similar to violent conduct in football.......if you tackle somebody and are not in control then it's a red card even if you don't injure the other player).
i
If you swing your belt at somebody and miss then it should be treated in exactly the same way as if you connected and caused serious injury. Anyone doing this in, say a shopping mall at innocent bystanders would be dealt with very severely.

Violent attacks by fans should be dealt with by long jail sentences as a deterrent to other idiots.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:45:06 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97