Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759878 times)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #6600 on: September 19, 2018, 10:02:16 am »
I picked him to be our top goalscorer this year.  He was the best of the front three towards the end of last season and he's started in the same form.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6601 on: September 19, 2018, 11:11:05 am »
When he skinned Neymar at the edge of their box  :o ;D ;D

I feel like he's stepped it up a level from last year, and still has more to give I think as the front 3 haven't looked as cohesive but still banging them in, so so happy for him and for us as a fanbase

That moment and at the end when he lobbed the defender and almost scored, deserved a goal.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #6602 on: September 19, 2018, 11:16:00 am »
I think he is the best of the 3 musketeers in terms of ability. Was really on it yesterday
He's the best of the 3 right now anyway.
He holds on to the ball a bit too long sometimes, but it also allows the teammates to advance. It's highly needed when our midfielders treat the ball as a hot potato.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6603 on: September 19, 2018, 11:59:47 am »
number change did him good :)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6604 on: September 19, 2018, 12:21:40 pm »
I love their banter!  ;D
"I think Bobby doesn't need his eye to play so I told him," Mane said to reporters. "I sent him a message on Monday saying: 'Hey Bobby, come on, we need you.'

"You've all seen the 'no look' goals so I think he doesn't need his eye to play. I texted him saying: 'You don't need your eye!'"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:53:51 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6605 on: September 19, 2018, 01:27:23 pm »
Yeah but he's not happy because sometimes he doesn't smile when he's playing...

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6606 on: September 19, 2018, 02:53:03 pm »

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #6607 on: September 19, 2018, 03:34:03 pm »
My favourite thing about our front three is that you could make a legitimate case for any of the three of them at any given point that they are the best player in the team. Long may it last!
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6608 on: September 26, 2018, 02:31:06 pm »
From the Echo

Liverpool opened preliminary talks with Sadio Mane’s agent towards the end of last season. The Reds made it clear that they were willing to reward the winger’s progress with a lucrative new deal which would put him among the club’s top earners.

Those discussions have yet to lead to an extension being agreed but I think it’s too soon to be worrying about that.

For a start, his current deal runs until the summer of 2021 and secondly, Mane is clearly happy at Anfield. That’s underlined by his development as a player under Jurgen Klopp and the performances he’s put in so far this season.

Liverpool are hopeful that Mane will follow Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah and commit his long-term future to the club.

They enjoy a good relationship with Mane’s agent Bjorn Bezemer, who also represents Naby Keita.

If the situation is still unresolved come the start of next season that’s when I’d be getting concerned.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6609 on: September 26, 2018, 02:48:21 pm »
It's sounds very much an opinion piece - who wrote it?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6610 on: September 26, 2018, 03:12:17 pm »
It's sounds very much an opinion piece - who wrote it?

Q&A with Pearce

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6611 on: September 27, 2018, 01:08:18 pm »
Good performance yesterday. Think his absence was felt as soon as he was subbed off yesterday i.e. no runs behind Chelsea's defense.

Just a hunch but I think he gets rested for the Napoli game.

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6612 on: September 27, 2018, 04:24:15 pm »
Mane just gets on with it - hard-working, talented and eager.

His face when he misses a chance - it's like shit I'll get that right next time and he just smiles that smile.

Luv him - in a totally platonic way of course!

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6613 on: October 1, 2018, 08:56:00 pm »
Good performance yesterday. Think his absence was felt as soon as he was subbed off yesterday i.e. no runs behind Chelsea's defense.

Just a hunch but I think he gets rested for the Napoli game.

He was our best player in europe last season, reckon he definitely starts, i think Mo is more at risk of being dropped

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6614 on: October 1, 2018, 09:01:39 pm »
He was our best player in europe last season, reckon he definitely starts, i think Mo is more at risk of being dropped

I'm ok with this - barring PSG - when Bobby comes in it seems to take him time to get into the flow of the game, no so much so with Salah as his afterburners kick in right away.

I'd play Mane - Bobby - Sturridge..... the only downside is shifting Firmino out of the middle.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6615 on: October 1, 2018, 09:05:05 pm »
I can't see Mane playing 5 consecutive matches in a row [Soton,Chelsea,Chelsea,Napoli and City] it's not feasible especially 4 in 10 days so I imagine he starts on the bench against Napoli

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6616 on: October 1, 2018, 09:07:11 pm »
I can't see Mane playing 5 consecutive matches in a row [Soton,Chelsea,Chelsea,Napoli and City] it's not feasible especially 4 in 10 days so I imagine he starts on the bench against Napoli

that's right - I forgot he played the League Cup

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6617 on: October 12, 2018, 01:21:37 pm »
Orphans in Malawi are set to receive over 100 Sadio Mane Liverpool shirts donated after the forward changed squad number in the summer.

Mane took up Liverpool's No. 10 jersey in July after it had previously been worn by Philippe Coutinho. Liverpool then offered supporters who had purchased Mane No. 19 shirts before the switch was announced the opportunity of a like-for-like exchange for a Mane No. 10 strip.

Those No. 19 shirts have now been gathered and handed to KitAid, who are working with Friends of Mulanje Orphans (FOMO) to distribute the kit to the underprivileged children in Malawi.

"It's like a dream for the children in the villages, getting a t-shirt that they never thought they would get," Mary Woodworth, founder of FOMO told ESPN FC. "It's just magical basically.

"Sadio Mane is from Africa, his name is just everywhere. To see the t-shirt of Sadio Mane will just be overwhelming.

"It will make a big difference, especially in the villages. Because they don't have the means of getting any money or to be able to buy one t-shirt. It's a dream come true [for them]."

KitAid is a charity that recycles unwanted football kits and then distributes them to some of the world's poorest countries.

On Saturday, ESPN FC attended one of their kit-sorting sessions at a church near Everton's Goodison Park, where over 2,200 pieces of kit were packed ahead of being sent to Africa.

"We have a saying, which is: 'It's more than just a shirt,'" founder Derrick Williams told ESPN FC. "And it really is because when you go out you see the kids that are desperate for football kit to be part of a team.

"We hear stories where if they haven't got kit then their team isn't allowed into a league, which is really heartbreaking. So it's great that we can provide that by working through organisations like FOMO in Malawi.

"We work through the whole football pyramid. So it's great that we get Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Watford helping us, but it's actually important that we're there as an outlet all the way down the pyramid.

"When I started KitAid 20 years ago, I would say 80 percent of kit came from grassroots. It's just shifted over the years since we've become a bit more well known, so it's probably 60 percent from the bigger clubs, 40 percent from the grassroots.

"But we saw it ourselves when we were out in Malawi, it doesn't matter if it's Liverpool, they're equally happy to receive the kit of a boys' team because it means they can participate in a proper league."

The late Graham Taylor, former England manager, was a patron for KitAid and helped remove barriers between the charity and professional clubs by writing to every kit manager in the top four tiers of English football.

Williams has examples that receiving football kits can have life-changing consequences.

"We sent some Man United kit to Kibera, Kenya, which is a massive slum," he said. "They used the kit and they selected 60 guys and trained them as coaches.

"They then went out into the Kibera slum and worked with gangs. They've got evidence that the gun-related deaths in that area where they worked have gone down.

"That's why we say: 'It's more than just a shirt.' A football shirt can play a part in stopping people from dying."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool/story/3667443/liverpools-sadio-mane-to-send-over-100-shirts-to-orphans-in-malawi

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6618 on: October 12, 2018, 04:52:40 pm »
Orphans in Malawi are set to receive over 100 Sadio Mane Liverpool shirts donated after the forward changed squad number in the summer.

Mane took up Liverpool's No. 10 jersey in July after it had previously been worn by Philippe Coutinho. Liverpool then offered supporters who had purchased Mane No. 19 shirts before the switch was announced the opportunity of a like-for-like exchange for a Mane No. 10 strip.

Those No. 19 shirts have now been gathered and handed to KitAid, who are working with Friends of Mulanje Orphans (FOMO) to distribute the kit to the underprivileged children in Malawi.

"It's like a dream for the children in the villages, getting a t-shirt that they never thought they would get," Mary Woodworth, founder of FOMO told ESPN FC. "It's just magical basically.

"Sadio Mane is from Africa, his name is just everywhere. To see the t-shirt of Sadio Mane will just be overwhelming.

"It will make a big difference, especially in the villages. Because they don't have the means of getting any money or to be able to buy one t-shirt. It's a dream come true [for them]."

KitAid is a charity that recycles unwanted football kits and then distributes them to some of the world's poorest countries.

On Saturday, ESPN FC attended one of their kit-sorting sessions at a church near Everton's Goodison Park, where over 2,200 pieces of kit were packed ahead of being sent to Africa.

"We have a saying, which is: 'It's more than just a shirt,'" founder Derrick Williams told ESPN FC. "And it really is because when you go out you see the kids that are desperate for football kit to be part of a team.

"We hear stories where if they haven't got kit then their team isn't allowed into a league, which is really heartbreaking. So it's great that we can provide that by working through organisations like FOMO in Malawi.

"We work through the whole football pyramid. So it's great that we get Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Watford helping us, but it's actually important that we're there as an outlet all the way down the pyramid.

"When I started KitAid 20 years ago, I would say 80 percent of kit came from grassroots. It's just shifted over the years since we've become a bit more well known, so it's probably 60 percent from the bigger clubs, 40 percent from the grassroots.

"But we saw it ourselves when we were out in Malawi, it doesn't matter if it's Liverpool, they're equally happy to receive the kit of a boys' team because it means they can participate in a proper league."

The late Graham Taylor, former England manager, was a patron for KitAid and helped remove barriers between the charity and professional clubs by writing to every kit manager in the top four tiers of English football.

Williams has examples that receiving football kits can have life-changing consequences.

"We sent some Man United kit to Kibera, Kenya, which is a massive slum," he said. "They used the kit and they selected 60 guys and trained them as coaches.

"They then went out into the Kibera slum and worked with gangs. They've got evidence that the gun-related deaths in that area where they worked have gone down.

"That's why we say: 'It's more than just a shirt.' A football shirt can play a part in stopping people from dying."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool/story/3667443/liverpools-sadio-mane-to-send-over-100-shirts-to-orphans-in-malawi

I'm getting soft in my old age. Eyes are legit watering as I read this. Great gesture

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6619 on: October 12, 2018, 08:45:40 pm »
They're football mad in Malawi, I used to sponsor a little girl there and they were always requesting football related gifts for the village.

What a fantastic organisationthis is and how great that so many clubs contribute.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6620 on: October 15, 2018, 07:18:26 pm »

Looks like he hurt his thumb,looking at the "cast" I doubt it is too severe.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:37:52 am by Titi Camara »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6621 on: October 15, 2018, 07:19:44 pm »
Looks like he hurt his thumb,looking at the "cast" I doubt it is too severe.

He’s broken it
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #6622 on: October 15, 2018, 07:26:18 pm »
He’s broken it
Looks like he played with it

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6623 on: October 15, 2018, 07:26:56 pm »
Looks like he played with it

Danger wank?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6624 on: October 15, 2018, 07:28:34 pm »
He’s broken it

Rules out thumb wars then.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6625 on: October 15, 2018, 07:29:29 pm »
Danger wank?

No , he is right handed

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6626 on: October 15, 2018, 07:30:19 pm »
No , he is right handed

Stranger danger wank?

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6627 on: October 15, 2018, 07:32:08 pm »

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6628 on: October 15, 2018, 07:33:41 pm »
Let it go ;)

Maybe if he had he wouldn't have broken his thumb.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #6629 on: October 20, 2018, 09:19:01 pm »
Bit one paced without this little beauty.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6630 on: October 24, 2018, 10:12:42 pm »
Well done Sadio, should have scored a couple more but played well and won us a pen as well as scoring of course

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6631 on: October 25, 2018, 12:37:51 am »
He missed the penalty because he forgot to fall down after hitting it.

Seriously though I’m pretty sure that for the majority of his goals he’s falling down.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6632 on: October 25, 2018, 01:25:46 am »
Glad to see him scoring after missing the pen.
Believer

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6633 on: October 25, 2018, 10:27:38 am »
Glad to see him scoring after missing the pen.
while falling down hahaaa  ;D

seriously though, the guy gets through some work! Constantly back defending like a midfielder alongside Robbo without the ball and always available as a striker when we have it. Klopp literally left the whole of the left hand side for those two to deal with. Special player 8)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6634 on: October 25, 2018, 10:33:57 am »
while falling down hahaaa  ;D

seriously though, the guy gets through some work! Constantly back defending like a midfielder alongside Robbo without the ball and always available as a striker when we have it. Klopp literally left the whole of the left hand side for those two to deal with. Special player 8)

t
He scores so many goals when he’s falling down.  It actually seems to help him
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6635 on: October 27, 2018, 04:46:11 pm »
Right back in form just before the big game. Sweet.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6636 on: October 27, 2018, 04:53:24 pm »
Looking back to his best again.

Watch out Arsenal and their porous defence.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6637 on: October 27, 2018, 04:54:06 pm »
Coming back in form at just the right time, great stuff.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6638 on: October 27, 2018, 04:55:19 pm »
I thought he was poor today along with Bobby but them 2 goals are a great confidence boost going forward.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6639 on: October 27, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »
Had a fairly disappointing first half, with balls bouncing off his shins all the time, but kept going and really profited from Cardiff tiring and having more space to operate in their box.