Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12305618 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #98240 on: October 17, 2018, 09:20:08 am »
Wow. You not learnt that football is a squad game yet?
I hope you are not being patronising Fordy. I know it is a squad game. But some players are more than a squad/team player. I see Wilson as someone who would be a weekly starter, just like Salah and Mane are at the moment.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #98241 on: October 17, 2018, 01:26:24 pm »
Wilson isn't good enough to be a weekly starter for us yet. He was non-existent in the first half yesterday and up to his goal in the second. He came alive afterwards. He isn't consistent enough in games right now let alone in a run of games. He'd well from the bench and starting here and there but that's obviously now what's good for his development.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #98242 on: October 17, 2018, 01:49:53 pm »
People getting slightly ahead of themselves on Wilson. He's nowhere close to being able to compete with Mane/Salah. He's been pretty hit and miss for Derby so far. Hopefully by the end of the season he'll be one of the best performers in the Championship and can come back in pre-season and push for a place in the squad for the 19/20 season.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98243 on: October 17, 2018, 01:56:06 pm »
Wilson isn't good enough to be a weekly starter for us yet. He was non-existent in the first half yesterday and up to his goal in the second. He came alive afterwards. He isn't consistent enough in games right now let alone in a run of games. He'd well from the bench and starting here and there but that's obviously now what's good for his development.

He wasn’t playing with a great team to be honest and the midfielders struggled to circulate the ball to the forwards, the Welsh cbs just as bad missing so many opportunities to split the lines because a lack of technique, before the goal he actually made the run of the match, beating 3 players from his own box to the oppositions half, they just didn’t give him the ball enough, I think many people will be surprised how good he is around some of our players, honestly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #98244 on: October 17, 2018, 02:50:05 pm »
David Brooks was far better then Wilson last night and he played with the same players. Wilson is going to be a very good player, and may be very important for us but he's just not ready yet.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98245 on: October 17, 2018, 02:57:06 pm »
David Brooks was far better then Wilson last night and he played with the same players. Wilson is going to be a very good player, and may be very important for us but he's just not ready yet.

There's a lot to be said for moments of decisiveness I think, it's what separates the best from the rest. Wilson decided that game. Not disagreeing with you though, but what's always separated Wilson from the rest for me is his final product. You do need a lot more than that to play for us for sure. but in terms of him actually making his way into the squad it helps a great deal I think.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98246 on: October 17, 2018, 03:02:31 pm »

Disagree and i watched the whole game, Wilson should have had a goal and assist in the last few minutes, Brooks was putting himself about but he had half the quality.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #98247 on: October 17, 2018, 04:11:16 pm »
There's a lot to be said for moments of decisiveness I think, it's what separates the best from the rest. Wilson decided that game. Not disagreeing with you though, but what's always separated Wilson from the rest for me is his final product. You do need a lot more than that to play for us for sure. but in terms of him actually making his way into the squad it helps a great deal I think.

In the squad yes but the original reply from myself was to a post from someone saying he sees him as a weekly started. Then there's another argument that is him being a bit part player for us good for his developent, because if Shaqiri isn't getting much game time then Wilson won't either

Disagree and i watched the whole game, Wilson should have had a goal and assist in the last few minutes, Brooks was putting himself about but he had half the quality.

Brooks was involved for the whole game but he didn't have the decisive moment like Wilson and you'd have been forgiven for thinking Wilson wasn't even on the pitch for the first hour. That's not good enough to be starting games week in week out for us.

Not saying Brooks is good enough for us either...and Wilson has way more potential than him as well but right now there's a reason one of them is playing week in week out in the Premier League and the other is in the Championship

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #98248 on: October 17, 2018, 04:13:48 pm »

Agree with this, the amount of times Wilson had made a good run off the ball only to not be found was criminal. If Lawrence wasn't a greedy twat Wilson could've had at least one if not two more gilt edged chances. Brooks doesn't impress me as much as the pundits would have you believe.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98249 on: October 17, 2018, 04:31:32 pm »
In the squad yes but the original reply from myself was to a post from someone saying he sees him as a weekly started. Then there's another argument that is him being a bit part player for us good for his developent, because if Shaqiri isn't getting much game time then Wilson won't either

Brooks was involved for the whole game but he didn't have the decisive moment like Wilson and you'd have been forgiven for thinking Wilson wasn't even on the pitch for the first hour. That's not good enough to be starting games week in week out for us.

Not saying Brooks is good enough for us either...and Wilson has way more potential than him as well but right now there's a reason one of them is playing week in week out in the Premier League and the other is in the Championship

Yes the reason is Wilson plays for Liverpool and Brooks came from the lower leagues after not making at City, that is literally it. Wales were horrible in the first half in general, can’t blame him when even here our forward players can looked out of the game when the midfield doesn’t do its job of getting them the ball on the right areas. Wilson has 2 goals in 5 starts, Brooks is yet to register a goal for Wales, you could say maybe because he is more of a midfielder, yet it was Wilson who Giggs chose to play as the number 10 that should show you an inclination to how he thinks of him, clearly the best attacker after Bale in that squad, clearly.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #98250 on: October 17, 2018, 04:35:02 pm »
If he was clearly the best attacker in the squad why is it that he's on the bench when Bale plays and Brooks starts? We're going off topic here anyway, we were talking about whether he's ready to be a starter for Liverpool and he's not,clearly.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98251 on: October 17, 2018, 04:40:54 pm »
If he was clearly the best attacker in the squad why is it that he's on the bench when Bale plays and Brooks starts? We're going off topic here anyway, we were talking about whether he's ready to be a starter for Liverpool and he's not,clearly.

He's 100% ready to start games against the shite in the league like Huddersfield and Cardiff.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98252 on: October 17, 2018, 06:24:29 pm »

We’ll see how that materializes..

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98253 on: October 17, 2018, 06:26:38 pm »
He's 100% ready to start games against the shite in the league like Huddersfield and Cardiff.

It’s ironic though people will say this but he’s scored had motm and got a penalty against the two top 6 clubs he’s faced in the last year.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #98254 on: October 17, 2018, 09:47:34 pm »

He may well be next season when they get relegated
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98255 on: October 17, 2018, 10:24:25 pm »
He may well be next season when they get relegated

They'll be replaced with more shite. There's always shite in the league.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98256 on: October 18, 2018, 10:41:46 pm »
Any footage of Fidel O'Rourke's goals for the U 23's?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98257 on: October 19, 2018, 02:36:06 pm »
Well done Harry!

He's been named League Cup Player of the Round for his free kick against the Mancs [emoji847][emoji847]

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/10/wilson-scoops-carabao-cup-player-of-the-round
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:40:23 pm by reddebs »

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98258 on: October 19, 2018, 02:43:23 pm »
Any footage of Fidel O'Rourke's goals for the U 23's?

Some name that. Hope he makes it for that alone. :D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98259 on: October 19, 2018, 04:37:44 pm »
Some name that. Hope he makes it for that alone. :D
Boss. Played in same team as my lad. A little beast of a player, strong, game as fuck and an absolute finisher. He had us speechless on the touchline when he was 9.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98260 on: October 20, 2018, 12:30:53 pm »
Glatzel again for the u18s. Was training with the first team this week as well.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #98261 on: October 20, 2018, 03:42:32 pm »
Finished 3-0👍. Glatzel two and Dixon bonner with the goals
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #98262 on: October 21, 2018, 12:47:07 pm »
Woodburn back with the 23s.

Offline BigRedLetterDay

• Kemlynite
« Reply #98263 on: October 21, 2018, 01:01:11 pm »
Woodburn back with the 23s.

Apparently still a Blades player, but back with our U23s for fitness and match practice. Slightly worried that he can't get a look in at Sheffield Utd, but perhaps says something about his development that after an initial hype he struggled to get a look in here last season, and so far on loan this season. Hope he turns it around - I think it was Critchley who was talking about Wilson this week and how development is often very non-linear - he's still young enough to recapture that early excitement that was whirling around him

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98264 on: October 21, 2018, 01:16:38 pm »
The recently turned 19 year old Ben Woodburn is at a crossroads in his career ;)

He'll be fine, he's a kid.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98265 on: October 21, 2018, 01:19:36 pm »
Anyone got a stream for the u23's?

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98266 on: October 21, 2018, 01:58:18 pm »
Glatzel looks like the perfect kind of forward for Klopp's style, if he can fill out a bit he could be sniffing around the first team squad in 12-18 months. A lot depends on Brewster I guess.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98267 on: October 21, 2018, 02:39:07 pm »
Glatzel looks like the perfect kind of forward for Klopp's style, if he can fill out a bit he could be sniffing around the first team squad in 12-18 months. A lot depends on Brewster I guess.

People talk about Ox’s injury - but Brewster’s seems pretty bad too. It’s going to take him a while to get his sharpness back. And after that let’s see if he even lives up to the hype.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #98268 on: October 21, 2018, 02:49:33 pm »
3-2 for Derby in the u23's couple of minutes left.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98269 on: October 21, 2018, 03:06:37 pm »
3-2 for Derby in the u23's couple of minutes left.

See Woodburn getting minutes

Presume solanke injured?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98270 on: October 21, 2018, 03:12:04 pm »
or maybe solanke is in the squad for the CL game.

whats the full time score?

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #98271 on: October 21, 2018, 03:14:11 pm »
or maybe solanke is in the squad for the CL game.

whats the full time score?

3-2 Derby.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98272 on: October 21, 2018, 03:14:41 pm »
Finished 2-3

Just assumed solanke injured given no sign of him yesterday and origi was on the bench. You’d think he’d have played a bit today

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #98273 on: October 21, 2018, 08:34:51 pm »
Woodburn looked poor today, lost all his confidence and didn’t look happy.
Other players like Camacho looked so much better.
YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98274 on: October 21, 2018, 10:20:51 pm »
Woodburn looked poor today, lost all his confidence and didn’t look happy.
Other players like Camacho looked so much better.

better get his attitude adjusted - I guess when he was fast tracked everything seemed rosy to him and now that he's got a bit of adversity - let's see what he does.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98275 on: October 21, 2018, 10:22:47 pm »
Is there any evidence/proof that he's got a poor attitude?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #98276 on: October 21, 2018, 11:40:00 pm »
Is there any evidence/proof that he's got a poor attitude?

Just hearsay I think!

Thing is, even if there is anything to it, he'd surely realise know he needs to sort that out

There is so many ways a young players career can go. There are so many that look the real deal as teenagers, but who just never make it at the highest level.

It really could go either way for Woodburn. Getting so hyped likely won't have helped, cos now it makes it seem so much worse that he's struggling. 

Not many make the grade at the very highest level here, it really wouldn't be surprising if he didn't, as harsh as that sounds.

But it doesn't mean he wouldn't go on and have a really nice career.

Or it just could be that he's having a crisis of confidence. If it doesn't work out on this loan, can they break the loan during the next window? If he's struggling there, he may as well be at Liverpool in an enviroment he knows for a while, get himself sorted.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98277 on: October 22, 2018, 12:06:19 am »
I’m just hoping it’s a confidence thing.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98278 on: October 22, 2018, 07:56:59 am »
I’m just hoping it’s a confidence thing.

But guessing its an attitude thing? ;)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98279 on: October 22, 2018, 12:22:43 pm »
But guessing its an attitude thing? ;)

correct - haha.

Body Language ExpertTM

:D