Author Topic: Pro Cycling 2023  (Read 1468224 times)

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
Re: Pro Cycling 2023
« Reply #30400 on: April 3, 2024, 06:27:25 pm »
Heavy crash for Roglic today in Basque Country. Not sure he should have been allowed to continue on....the concussion check protocol probably needs looking at in cycling....he looked really wobbly when he got to his feet and when he first started pedalling again. Also was pretty tore up....not sure he will be able to compete in the days ahead when Evenepoel and Vingegaard start attacking on the climbs.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30401 on: April 4, 2024, 08:49:26 am »
Feels like a big year for Remco. Can he keep his level throughout a grand tour? Or is he doomed to catastrophic drop offs in basically every 3 week race he enters.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30402 on: April 4, 2024, 04:12:55 pm »
Bad crash today in Itzulia. Reports it could be a broken collarbone for Remco...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #30403 on: April 4, 2024, 04:26:09 pm »
Roglic in team car as well. German media reported that both Roglic and Remco have broken collarbones. But again nothing confirmed. Vingo looked worst of the 3 as he was taken off to hospital in ambulance. Apparently all riders taken are conscious and talking so that is a small positive.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30404 on: April 4, 2024, 05:18:34 pm »
Yeah that sucks. All 3 of them. Rubbish.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30405 on: April 4, 2024, 06:26:31 pm »
Won't have to watch today's stage when I get back from the game... ;D ;)

Just kidding. Today was the only day I've tuned into this race live. Shit happens.

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #30406 on: April 5, 2024, 11:07:52 pm »
Roglic is apparently OK - no broken bones. Vingegaard has a collapsed lung though. Should all be OK for Le Tour, one would have thought.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30407 on: April 6, 2024, 11:06:09 pm »
Women's Paris-Roubaix was good. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #30408 on: April 7, 2024, 03:30:53 am »
Roglic is apparently OK - no broken bones. Vingegaard has a collapsed lung though. Should all be OK for Le Tour, one would have thought.
Lets hope so.....remember how undercooked Vingo was at the Tour last year after recovering from the broken wrist...the weeks off the bike will set back his training regime etc.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30409 on: April 7, 2024, 07:06:10 am »
Jonas being undercooked may make the tour more interesting. He’s far too dominant over 3 weeks otherwise.

Looking forward to today, rubbish time for the Liverpool game though.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #30410 on: May 6, 2024, 04:42:38 pm »
Pogacar today lit up an otherwise boring stage. What a man
YNWA

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #30411 on: May 6, 2024, 08:58:34 pm »
Pogacar today lit up an otherwise boring stage. What a man
Yeah he is going to make the Giro very exciting. Hope he doesn't do what Contador did in 2015 and kept attacking on random stages when he didn't need to and ended up being tired at the Tour. Since Pog is trying the double hopefully his DS has a few words with him so he keeps something back for the Tour. Although doesn't really seem in his nature to ride conservatively

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #30412 on: May 6, 2024, 09:12:23 pm »
Yeah he is going to make the Giro very exciting. Hope he doesn't do what Contador did in 2015 and kept attacking on random stages when he didn't need to and ended up being tired at the Tour. Since Pog is trying the double hopefully his DS has a few words with him so he keeps something back for the Tour. Although doesn't really seem in his nature to ride conservatively
I think he maybe wats to put it away early and use the rest of it as a training camp. The way he is riding though he's in danger of doing a Simon Yates.
YNWA

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #30413 on: May 6, 2024, 09:16:00 pm »
I think he maybe wats to put it away early and use the rest of it as a training camp. The way he is riding though he's in danger of doing a Simon Yates.
oh yeah totally forgot about the Simon Yates Giro.....he looked unbeatable and then he totally popped

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30414 on: May 6, 2024, 11:19:03 pm »
Nice bit of respect for Wouter from Tim.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30415 on: May 7, 2024, 06:12:27 am »
Pogacar is so incredibly entertaining. I caught the last 10 k yesterday and Pogacar turned what should have been a regulation sprint stage into a cracking finish. Shame he doesn’t have any competition this year. Geraint is the only one with the pedigree but even at his best he wouldn’t be beating Pogacar. Would have been great to have Roglic or Evenpoel here. They probably don’t beat him either but at least in theory they’d have more of a chance (assuming they stayed upright and Evenpoel has grown into a 3 week guy).
« Last Edit: May 7, 2024, 06:14:32 am by Knight »

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30416 on: May 7, 2024, 04:00:36 pm »
Very reminiscent of Kittel. 8)

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #30417 on: May 7, 2024, 04:04:08 pm »
Very reminiscent of Kittel. 8)

Indeed! Lots of similarities; let's see how his career progresses.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #30418 on: May 7, 2024, 04:34:10 pm »
Giro highlights on TV anywhere?

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30419 on: May 7, 2024, 05:48:11 pm »
Giro highlights on TV anywhere?
Can you access S4C? They have had live coverage and highlights in the last few years. I'm not sure if they are doing this Giro. If not,no. Today was a sprint stage. Here's a link to the full stage.

https://tiz-cycling.io/video_tag/grand-tour/

Here's the last 4 km. This is all you need, really.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RF1X7wH4WdQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RF1X7wH4WdQ</a>

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30420 on: May 7, 2024, 05:53:27 pm »
^^^

Watching that again. What a dominant ride from the winner. Like I said, Kittel at his best was that good.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30421 on: May 7, 2024, 08:39:11 pm »
Yeah was so strong.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30422 on: Yesterday at 05:49:44 am »
Would have been great to have Roglic or Evenpoel here. They probably don’t beat him either but at least in theory they’d have more of a chance

Just on this part it’s probably been the only slight negative about the Spring Classics and Giro so far, for me anyway. With Pog and MDVP being such heavy favourites going into all the major races they kind of lost the element of surprise a bit in that you know barring a crash or illness they’re almost guaranteed to win because of how dominant they are.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30423 on: Yesterday at 06:26:11 am »
Just on this part it’s probably been the only slight negative about the Spring Classics and Giro so far, for me anyway. With Pog and MDVP being such heavy favourites going into all the major races they kind of lost the element of surprise a bit in that you know barring a crash or illness they’re almost guaranteed to win because of how dominant they are.

Yeah it’s both very cool watching during an era where we have a bunch of greats riding and doing it, hopefully, clean. But it’s also a little boring at times. Pogacar is so far ahead of almost everyone else on almost every terrain. It takes Jonas at a grand tour to compete with him. But Jonas is so far ahead of everyone in a grand tour that it takes Pogacar at his absolute peak to compete with Jonas. Then in the classics there are some that only MVDP can compete with Pogacar at but with those ones only Pogacar can compete with MVDP and if he’s not there it’s almost a forebode conclusion that MVDP wins. I guess there’s one or two classics that it takes an Evenpoel to have someone to compete with Pogacar although we’ve not seen that yet. They keep missing each other at LBL for example. You can probably add Wout Van Aert and Roglic into those who can compete but the cycling calendar is so big and crashes can so quickly knock you out of a race that it often feels like only one of the ‘big 5’ or whatever is at any one race. At least there’s a bunch of high quality sprinters right now!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:36:40 am by Knight »

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30424 on: Yesterday at 11:21:09 am »
Tro Bro Leon. Raced over the Breton ribinou.

https://tiz-cycling.io/video/tro-bro-leon-2024-full-race/

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30425 on: Yesterday at 11:38:12 am »
Stage finish in Lucca today. Last time the race finished here was the infamous Giro that was won by Moser, with the aid of "shenanigans" from the race organisers.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30426 on: Yesterday at 04:14:00 pm »
What a great stage!

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #30427 on: Yesterday at 04:29:32 pm »
This has been a very good week so far. Drama on every stage
YNWA

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #30428 on: Yesterday at 04:29:37 pm »
That was unexpectedly exciting! Of course, the usual stunning scenery that the Giro always serves up, but the racing was a lot of fun today too.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30429 on: Yesterday at 04:51:18 pm »
This has been a very good week so far. Drama on every stage
That was unexpectedly exciting! Of course, the usual stunning scenery that the Giro always serves up, but the racing was a lot of fun today too.
This has been a great start to the race. Makes up for the paucity on show at the last two Giri. The transition/sprint stages have been really good.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #30430 on: Yesterday at 05:07:26 pm »
Anyone else look at the stelvio stage and think, fuck, pogacar might want to be first man over the top. Cause absolute havoc for the day
YNWA

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30431 on: Yesterday at 05:39:17 pm »
Why not? He rides with the elan of the greats of yesteryear, so why not try something like this. I think Stelvio is after the final rest day, yeah? If so...

After the ITT there's another MTF, up to Prati Di Tivo. This will be the moment we find out who has and hasn't got the form to win the rave overall.

Offline San Diego Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #30432 on: Yesterday at 06:38:24 pm »
Why not? He rides with the elan of the greats of yesteryear, so why not try something like this. I think Stelvio is after the final rest day, yeah? If so...

After the ITT there's another MTF, up to Prati Di Tivo. This will be the moment we find out who has and hasn't got the form to win the rave overall.

Wow that is a tough stage profile and that final climb of 14.6KM with 7-12% gradients will be a brute. Definitely shake things up along with the ITT. What is it with them putting a sprint point half way up a climb?

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30433 on: Yesterday at 07:09:33 pm »
Wow that is a tough stage profile and that final climb of 14.6KM with 7-12% gradients will be a brute. Definitely shake things up along with the ITT. What is it with them putting a sprint point half way up a climb?
Vicious bastards! Making the sprinters work for it. ;D

Before the weekend there's tomorrow to deal with. A lumpy day with Sterrato to deal with. As the race comes to the finish there's a vicious looking climb with a 20% section in it.This after a leg sapping 175 km. A good day for the break, or at the least a reduced bunch coming to the line.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30434 on: Yesterday at 07:39:02 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bf15EqR7wrU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bf15EqR7wrU</a>