Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4017196 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: For the auld arses ( Dedicated to the memory of Shanklyboy . R.I.P )
« Reply #12720 on: February 7, 2011, 02:27:06 am »
I know mate so do I, he was my first thought after the game, he woulda been ripping him tonight.

I reckon we should deffo do a Euro away next season in memory of him, me, you Slim from Bournemouth, after all the veggie soup he's been chucking down his neck and a few others, wouldn't it be sound with Rays banners getting pissed up in some bar somewhere having a good old sing song. Bring it on.
Bring it on indeed mate..
We all owe it to ourselves.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #12721 on: February 7, 2011, 02:40:38 am »
Bring it on indeed mate..
We all owe it to ourselves.
I reckon so mate, now if we can get Vic's nurses to give him a few days away as well that'll be the icing on the cake ;D

Shit he'll kill me when he sees that :)
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #12722 on: February 7, 2011, 08:42:53 am »
Sorry to hear that Vic.
I was thinking of Ray all the way through the match, more so when the final whistle went.
I then got a phone call from Raul who posts on here, from India, and he was obviously ecstatic.
I felt like I was walking on air, chest out, back straight, and then my Son phoned me to tell me that Gary Moore had gone.
BANG!
What a shit week.

Saw Gary Moore With Lizzy twice (Black Rose tour) and 3 times on solo blues tours. He was an awsome guitarist and although it was only for a minute or so, I met him after a show in Birmingham and he was a sound bloke too. Had just played for hours and must have been knackered but still had time to stop and pose for photos and sign stuff. I just wanted to shake his hand, and he was in great spirits. Brilliant rocker and bluesman. I think he was involved with getting Peter Green back on the road a while ago.

Ray, Eddie Spearritt massive losses to the club and it's supporters, Gary Moore and his music, big loss to me personally. Respects and best wishes to everybody who has been hit by loss this week.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #12723 on: February 7, 2011, 08:48:21 am »
Stick it in "......" marks to make sure we know it's a Ray quotation (if that is indeed the case).

I've asked a Well Known Artist to consider ideas for a banner too.

When it comes to deciding what, then Ray's family should (in my view) get the final say - when it comes to how then surely we can raise funds between us - when it comes to who, well, do we have contacts in the 'professional' banner-making community? Reply here or feel free to PM. :wave

Yes mate, the family must have the final say
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12724 on: February 7, 2011, 08:51:51 am »
I reckon so mate, now if we can get Vic's nurses to give him a few days away as well that'll be the icing on the cake ;D

Shit he'll kill me when he sees that :)

If all works out well for me and I sell my property, I shall be buying a motor home so we shall be doing a few aways in Europe  ;D    8)
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #12725 on: February 7, 2011, 10:06:11 am »
Ray was there all right.
I reckon Ray also possessed Agger when he chinned that rent boy number 9.

Said the same. shanklyboy was there for sure.

Loved that Agger touch.  A Great Dane!!!! :lickin
« Last Edit: February 7, 2011, 10:08:51 am by Rafa_La »
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #12726 on: February 7, 2011, 10:41:07 am »
Ray’s death seems to have revealed a strange thing to us all about the internet. A lot of people have learned how strange it is that we should become so ‘close’ to someone that we haven’t even met – obviously some on here did meet Ray, but I’m talking about the rest of us.

It is strange, we all (on this thread anyway) seem to think of each other as ol’ mates; we’re all very respectful to each other, share private jokes amongst each other and even leave things unsaid when we know they will be understood - but generally we haven’t got a clue what we look like.

Oldscrote, for instance, could be someone that I would cross the road to avoid if I saw him at a distance – obviously I’d have to cross the road in Fat Scouser’s case, but I digress. SmithdownAndy could be black, Chinese, or even an Eskimo; it simply doesn’t matter, and what a great thing that is. Jagged Princess could be Hattie Jacques or Noemi Campbell or even Fatima Whitbread – now there’s a thought.

Mind you it must be terrible if you do have severe prejudices. How do you know who to agree with and who to like?

Anyway it got me thinking about what it is about certain people that make them important to us and I must have come over all sentimental like, ‘cos in a quiet moment I penned this sonnet for our ol’ mate Ray –  I can be quite pretentious when I put me mind to it.

Laugh at death, for it curtails not the wise.
Whose thoughts become ideas, that once are said,
Do like caged birds which when released arise
And to the corners of the world are spread.
Aye, foolish words no headstones do adorn.
Too numerous are they to carve in stone.
They scarce outlive the breath on which they’re borne.
But wise words have the strength to stand alone.
What do we truly measure in a man.
Fine clothes and silver pieces don’t contend!
To match his words and deeds but when he can!
To stand beside his friends until the end.
   Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs,
   His wisdom marches on within our hearts.

RIP Ray,

Dr. B
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12727 on: February 7, 2011, 10:45:16 am »
Beautiful words Dr B.

I am sure your 'ol mate' will appreciate them
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12728 on: February 7, 2011, 10:47:42 am »
Ray’s death seems to have revealed a strange thing to us all about the internet. A lot of people have learned how strange it is that we should become so ‘close’ to someone that we haven’t even met – obviously some on here did meet Ray, but I’m talking about the rest of us.

It is strange, we all (on this thread anyway) seem to think of each other as ol’ mates; we’re all very respectful to each other, share private jokes amongst each other and even leave things unsaid when we know they will be understood - but generally we haven’t got a clue what we look like.

Oldscrote, for instance, could be someone that I would cross the road to avoid if I saw him at a distance – obviously I’d have to cross the road in Fat Scouser’s case, but I digress. SmithdownAndy could be black, Chinese, or even an Eskimo; it simply doesn’t matter, and what a great thing that is. Jagged Princess could be Hattie Jacques or Noemi Campbell or even Fatima Whitbread – now there’s a thought.

Mind you it must be terrible if you do have severe prejudices. How do you know who to agree with and who to like?

Anyway it got me thinking about what it is about certain people that make them important to us and I must have come over all sentimental like, ‘cos in a quiet moment I penned this sonnet for our ol’ mate Ray –  I can be quite pretentious when I put me mind to it.

RIP Ray,

Dr. B

That is a fucking belter that Doc, do you mind if I save it

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #12729 on: February 7, 2011, 10:51:23 am »
That is a fucking belter that Doc, do you mind if I save it

Not at all Vic.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12731 on: February 7, 2011, 01:41:56 pm »
Lovely words Doc and very fitting to Ray, the big man would've been proud of ye.

It is thought provoking though Doc, I think to all of us, in here at least, what makes people important to us is that they're genuine, exactly the same in real life as they are on here. It's never mattered to me in life whether someone was white, black, purple, orange or green, fat or thin, young or old. Surely it's how they treat you as a person that matters the most.

I do think if you could transport everyone off this thread into a pub and we all sat round talking to each other, none of us would be disappointed and feel let down by the person behind the username, no one would be any different to what they are in here.

I do love this thread, jokes are shared and everyone takes them in the spirit they're meant, there's always 100% respect, there's an absolute mountain of information and life history in here. It's fucking great but it's made great by the people in here.To me everyone in here is a mate whether I've met you or not, although I do feel that will change soon.

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #12732 on: February 7, 2011, 01:56:10 pm »

RIP Ray,

Dr. B

Brilliant words mate, the talent of some of the people on these threads amazes me, proper poetry that mate.
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #12733 on: February 7, 2011, 01:57:30 pm »
Ooh, Matron, what can I say apart from ……………  unfortunately, there’s more chance of Naomi Campbell being used as Fatima’s javelin than me being anything like her in build, that’s not to say though that I’m anything like Hattie ;)

I get where you are coming from though, although none of us have met there’s mutual respect and an unwritten understanding of each other and long may it continue. 

I loved your sonnet Doc, the last line rings so true as a fitting tribute to Ray ………. “His wisdom marches on within our hearts.”  You should post that in Ray’s thread Doc.

Edit: Andy, what a lovely reply to Doc’s post. 
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12734 on: February 7, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »
Every decent poster who I have met from RAWK have turned out to decent in the flesh.
I've also met one or 2 arseholes who are also arseholes on RAWK.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #12735 on: February 7, 2011, 02:30:22 pm »
Every decent poster who I have met from RAWK have turned out to decent in the flesh.

You've met them and they where 'decent in the Flesh!!!!'...I didnt realise what was going on behind scenes in the arl arse thread!!..in the Flesh..arl arse....really?....the arsehole pun is too obvious for me to dignify myself with..however I appreciate the beauty of the sole within....and theres are many here  ;)

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12736 on: February 7, 2011, 02:41:24 pm »

OK OK I was having a bad day

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12737 on: February 7, 2011, 02:42:27 pm »
OK OK I was having a bad day
You couldn't be an arsehole if you tried mate.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12738 on: February 7, 2011, 02:43:11 pm »

RIP Ray,

Dr. B

very good doc.

I have tried to cross the road to avoid myself but only when pissed - I think it worked because I dont remember meeting me................
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12739 on: February 7, 2011, 02:52:07 pm »

You get a very real idea of someone's personality on here, don't you? Saw the King's Speech at the weekend and there's a line in there about being a man who was a leader yet a brother. Sums Ray up from what I knew of him on here. Like the idea of him possessing Agger - I was thinking, how's he going to react when he wakes from his coma and finds out Torres has shafted us? But I knew how he'd react really - like Kenny, he'd have said no man is bigger than this club. Nice stories, Andy mate.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12740 on: February 7, 2011, 03:15:19 pm »

RIP Ray,

Dr. B

Beautiful.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #12741 on: February 7, 2011, 03:18:25 pm »
You've surpassed youself there,Doc,thanks very much for that.

One of the reasons we have a history and teams like Chelsea don't,is not just the trophies that we've won.

It's the reverence we,the fans,give to our past and to those who've shaped it. This reverence does not come from blind loyalty or by diktat from the top of the club. It comes from the hearts and minds of the ordinary supporters that recognize,even if we can't express it in words,what The Liverpool Way means and we hold dear forever those who have selflessly served it.

This reverence is fostered and propagated,passed down the generations by older fans (like Ray) in legends and stories,spread by word of mouth and by posts on forums. For this reason our history continues,through good times and bad,never to be forgotten.

Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #12742 on: February 7, 2011, 03:30:04 pm »
R.I.P. Shanklyboy - Ray, didn't realise it was so serious, I had hoped to see him posting back on here.  He'll be missed by lots of us, like myself I'm sure there are others who have had the odd tit-fo-tat row with Ray (shanklyboy) but, God rest his soul we both had one thing in common, We love Liverpool F.C.

Like someone pointed out with the internet although you don't 'know' someone personally and wouldn't know them if you bumped into them in the street, but on here you get to 'know' some people.  And I only 'knew' Ray through here but, he was obviously a cracking bloke and taken from us too early

Ray - YNWA R.I.P.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #12743 on: February 7, 2011, 03:31:58 pm »

gizza clue        :)
TRACUTHB  *****

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12744 on: February 7, 2011, 04:13:45 pm »
Doc... I'm actually a very young 32 year old, with a not much bigger sized waist. I stand 6 foot 2 inches tall soaking wet and I weigh 13 stone in me stocking feet. I've got all me own hair and my teeth are like stars. No they don't come out  of a night. They twinkle like the devil may care look in my eye. You other old bastards can talk for yourselves.

Terry did you know Gary Moore or was he just a fav of yours?

Funny one... I knew a lad from Huyton absolutely hated Thin Lizzy back when they was big. I used to put them on the jukie just to do his head in. Reason he hated them so much... Phil Lynot owed him 20 quid.
Straight up. I suppose you had to be there but funny listening to him rant and carp over boys are back in town for the umpteenth time.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12745 on: February 7, 2011, 04:14:54 pm »
It's never mattered to me in life whether someone was white, black, purple, orange or green, fat or thin, young or old.

Just aswell really considering the sort of birds you pull.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12746 on: February 7, 2011, 04:21:48 pm »

Terry did you know Gary Moore or was he just a fav of yours?

One of my big guitarist influences mate.
My third eldest lad was totally raised on his stuff, and plays the same style as him.
When I spoke to him yesterday he was in bits.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #12747 on: February 7, 2011, 05:35:12 pm »

RIP Ray,

Dr. B

Beautiful and thought-provoking words. Excellently penned Doctor B.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #12748 on: February 7, 2011, 05:36:39 pm »
Fantastic Dr Beaker.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12749 on: February 7, 2011, 05:36:49 pm »
One of my big guitarist influences mate.
My third eldest lad was totally raised on his stuff, and plays the same style as him.
When I spoke to him yesterday he was in bits.
I know what you mean, mate. I was near in bits meself when I heard Neil Young had gone, but then I realised it was just that bog eyed fella from down the road.

Nah. Shite that. Just messing round and sick and tired of moping. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm need of a good laugh. But I remember that Neil Young playing and that side. They were decent, and that's high praise from me for any team of our cross country cousins. You know the craic Johnno. 

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12750 on: February 7, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »
Just aswell really considering the sort of birds you pull.
Never taken an ugly bird home in my life, but I've woken up next to a few.

Ah the joys of alcohol eh.

Apologies to our fairer sex posters for any offence ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12751 on: February 7, 2011, 05:43:22 pm »
Never taken an ugly bird home in my life, but I've woken up next to a few.

Ah the joys of alcohol eh.

Apologies to our fairer sex posters for any offence ;D
Aye, you pick up Brigitte Bardot and wake up next to Hilda Ogden..  ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12752 on: February 7, 2011, 05:44:45 pm »
Never taken an ugly bird home in my life
HA! What was that about everyone telling the truth in here?

Mind you mate, if it wasn't for Missus FS I'd be bang in trouble.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12753 on: February 7, 2011, 05:45:30 pm »
Aye, you pick up Brigitte Bardot and wake up next to Hilda Ogden..  ;)
Terry Mate... he picked Hilda and woke up with Ena, Minny and Bobby

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12754 on: February 7, 2011, 05:48:35 pm »
Haha..

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12755 on: February 7, 2011, 05:49:46 pm »
What a fucking night that was ;)

I was just relieved when they took the video down off YouTube ;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12756 on: February 7, 2011, 06:00:20 pm »
What a fucking night that was ;)

I was just relieved when they took the video down off YouTube ;D
Now now Sonny Jim... ransom money or Bobby gets it.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12757 on: February 7, 2011, 07:13:48 pm »
Get on this...
The kids in Art's photoshop thread have arsed about with it, but, besides the bit they've messed with, the flag is an exact copy of the one that used to hang in the corner of the kop right down to the pattern on the bottom of the banner - which is the wrought iron work on the top of the Shankly Gates!
HA! Fucking Chelsea fans, eh.

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12758 on: February 7, 2011, 07:47:53 pm »
Get on this...
The kids in Art's photoshop thread have arsed about with it, but, besides the bit they've messed with, the flag is an exact copy of the one that used to hang in the corner of the kop right down to the pattern on the bottom of the banner - which is the wrought iron work on the top of the Shankly Gates!
HA! Fucking Chelsea fans, eh.

the two holding it think they are really funny. He who laughs last and all that

(PS FS second time in about 10 mins I have quoted you on different threads, Think I have missed my vocation as a stalker)

Offline Justin Siderbox

• Ben L. T. Given.
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #12759 on: February 7, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »

It's never mattered to me in life whether someone was white, black, purple, orange or green

Couldn't help notice you didn't say Blue.....oversight or deliberate?    ;)

...I'll get back to casually browsing the other threads now.

RIP SB

"It's our job that they can forget their problems for 90 minutes and then they can talk about the game, about the next game and that's how I want to live"

Jurgen Klopp
9th October 2015