Author Topic: I lied on my C.V. and now . . . .  (Read 13573 times)

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
Re: I lied on my C.V. and now . . . .
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:38 am »

Gaining by lying - simples.

Please see above.

"Illegally gained monetary advantage."

So accoring to your earlier post, he has used an illegally gained monetary advantage to gain employment.  Hmmmm.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:40 am »
He's fucked, get out of there!!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2009, 09:02:04 am »
Please see above.

"Illegally gained monetary advantage."

So accoring to your earlier post, he has used an illegally gained monetary advantage to gain employment.  Hmmmm.

He did, he bribed the person interviewing him using the proceeds of his earlier fraudulent career as a brain surgeon.

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2009, 09:04:14 am »
He did, he bribed the person interviewing him using the proceeds of his earlier fraudulent career as a brain surgeon.

;D

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2009, 09:38:06 am »
let us know how you get on dangerscouse

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2009, 10:00:14 am »
From a HR point of view I'd say quit asap. I'm assuming that he's still in his probationary period so it's likely he'll only need to give one weeks notice. He needs to get out of there quick before they find out, dismiss him for what is likely to be gross misconduct, thus resulting in awful furture references.

You are legally not allowed to give a bad reference. All you can do is refuse to give one.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2009, 10:05:15 am »
You are legally not allowed to give a bad reference. All you can do is refuse to give one.

You are allowed to give a bad reference. There is no explicit law forbidding it. But the person giving the reference (and thus the company) are liable for anything that they say. If anything in the reference cannot be proven, then the employee requesting the reference can sue. Thus many firms (and almost all large firms) forbid a manager from giving anything other than a factual record - length of service, attendance etc as they do not want the cost and hassle of legal action over an ex-employee.

Bad references are legal, but against most firms corporate policy.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:18:01 am by Southern Pansy »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2009, 10:26:35 am »
Definitely, 100% not true, as Mr Pansy has said.
So long as what you say is factual, it's fine.

"To Whom It May Concern

Mr DangerScouse['s friend] has been a lying twat and we sacked him for being a lying twat. If you give him, sorry, his friend, a job, be aware that he is a lying twat and an utterly useless wanker - I mean banker!

This is all factual and correct so you can't sue us - we read all about it on RAWK - so  :nirnir

Love and kisses,

Major Brigadier Tarquin Farquarson (retired)
LRSC, FRAS, MCP, BSc (hons), MSc, PhD
No really! I don't have to prove it either! :moon "

(Can you tell I am bored today? ;D )

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2009, 10:36:32 am »
The jammy fucker got away with it. He went to the woman from H.R. who'd sent him the original request for the documentation and told her he had never completed the course, she said that was grand and crossed it off her list of required documents. All he needs now is an up to date number for one of his references and he's laughing. He's in funds and the P.R. degree (in fact any degree) wasn't a prerequisite for the position he's in so presumably that's why she was so nonchalant about it.

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2009, 10:38:24 am »

They can't go into detail and base things on personal views of the person (i.e. his attitude was awful and he was half asleep most of the time etc) but they can say 'dismissed' as a reason for leaving, or under would you re-employ, they can put no, both of which with alot of companies will see as a bad reference.

From my point of view if someone has been dismissed we don't mention anything other than dates of employment, but I know alot of places are different and will put the above info.
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2009, 10:44:45 am »
The jammy fucker got away with it. He went to the woman from H.R. who'd sent him the original request for the documentation and told her he had never completed the course, she said that was grand and crossed it off her list of required documents. All he needs now is an up to date number for one of his references and he's laughing. He's in funds and the P.R. degree (in fact any degree) wasn't a prerequisite for the position he's in so presumably that's why she was so nonchalant about it.

I can do dat! Gizza job! What's her email address?! ;D

(Still, he lied on his CV, the bastard....)

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2009, 10:46:12 am »

for now!!! but what happens when this HR women tells a superior or passes that info on to head office etc

if hes got away with it then all is good but to be honest i would be forever shitting my self just incase they found out one day

would look for something else(by not lying on my C.V) and leave asap
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2009, 10:54:51 am »
Forge it, buy a degree of someone that does it. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who can get a certificate.

Or quit.

Or get sacked.

Nearly everyone lies on their CV, I did and got called into a interview with three people. Owned up in the interview that some stuff was a bit exaggerated. I got the job.

Sat1 at work...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35:23 am »
for now!!! but what happens when this HR women tells a superior or passes that info on to head office etc

if hes got away with it then all is good but to be honest i would be forever shitting my self just incase they found out one day

would look for something else(by not lying on my C.V) and leave asap

Nah, DangerScouse has got away with it. The key is a degree is not prerequisite for the job. Maybe they might make him stand on the table for being a naughty boy.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2009, 11:41:26 am »
 Admit you lied you may get a promotion ... they will See you are a proper banker .
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 11:43:30 am by rocco »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2009, 11:49:11 am »
Forge it, buy a degree of someone that does it. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who can get a certificate.

Or quit.

Or get sacked.

Nearly everyone lies on their CV, I did and got called into a interview with three people. Owned up in the interview that some stuff was a bit exaggerated. I got the job.

Maybe thats why I've been unemployed for the last three months - I'm not one of the people who lie on my C.V.

Theres a huge difference in making your role in something you worked on in a previous job sound much more important (beverage executive meaning I brewed up) and flat out lying about a qualification or something.

The 'mate' in question should quit and feel very bad about himself for a long time.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2009, 11:54:13 am »
The 'mate' in question should quit and feel very bad about himself for a long time.

get real mate ............  Ask Henry ..

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2009, 11:56:06 am »
Admit you lied you may get a promotion ... they will See you are a proper banker .

Exackerrly !   

A degree was not essential for the job but ability to pull the wool ticks the right boxes
for this HR dept. and business, lol.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2009, 11:57:12 am »

No way - incredible! My contract clearly states that if you lie during the recruitment process and get found out you'll be dismissed. Or something along these lines.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2009, 11:59:30 am »

Why were they checking up on it then?

He's struck lucky with the HR lady- as I know the very, very large international bank I worked for wouldn't be quite so forgiving.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2009, 12:00:18 pm »
Be interesting when the review they are doing is passed to management

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2009, 12:09:00 pm »

He's struck lucky with the HR lady- as I know the very, very large international bank I worked for wouldn't be quite so forgiving.

From my experience with companies in the banking industry, to get away with it so easily, I'd have to guess that they were just checking his last 2/3 years activity. They therefore just needed to know what he was doing during the 2/3 years previous before starting work, if he said he was at uni for those 3 years they'd have just asked to see his certificate to confirm that he was where he said he was.

By saying they just need reference details now instead makes me think that's what it was, rather than actually checking up on the qualification.
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2009, 12:12:45 pm »
From my experience with companies in the banking industry, to get away with it so easily, I'd have to guess that they were just checking his last 2/3 years activity. They therefore just needed to know what he was doing during the 2/3 years previous before starting work, if he said he was at uni for those 3 years they'd have just asked to see his certificate to confirm that he was where he said he was.

By saying they just need reference details now instead makes me think that's what it was, rather than actually checking up on the qualification.

Makes sense, I'd not realised that the degree was fairly recent- still maintain he's been incredibly lucky

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2009, 12:19:41 pm »

H.R. are doing audits in his place.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2009, 12:20:27 pm »
Be interesting when the review they are doing is passed to management

Good point.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2009, 12:22:50 pm »
Good point.

Just the way i see it, this broad has passed it off, however someone above her will not be so happy about this, and it will either be taken out on you..... and or your friend, or the HR for originally letting it pass. Either way, you and or your friend should prob look for another job, using the experience gained in this one to pump up your and or your friends cv and get out before any shit hits the fan.

however not being in the industry and not knowing how your and or your mates real qualifications and experiance is, and how valuable it is, I dont know how viable an option this is.

I just dont think that that would be the end of it.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2009, 12:27:05 pm »

Ever heard of the phrase "false sense of security"?

Don't get too comfortable, they're up there planning your friends demise as we speak. Mwah ha ha ha ha!!! ;)

RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2009, 12:42:00 pm »
I've lied on my CV.

Well not lied. just not given the whole information.

Bit of background. I fucked up my chemistry degree and got a third. Yes I deserved it (too much drinking, not enough working). Yes I should have done better. But thems the breaks and I accepted it. I dont feel its a true representation of who I am though and my ability i have.

So I left out my degree classification from any aplication form and took the mark out of my CV. If I had left it on my CV there would be no way i would have even been offered any interviews.

By doing so I've given myself a chance to show that its not just all about grades and marks that makes you employable. Its your personality and work ethic that gets you where you want to be.

Thats how I got my current job. Said I had got a degree but didn't say what grade. Then at the interview I made myself look so good that the interviewer never even asked me my grade or asked for any proof (an hons Masters degree from the University of Warwick sounds a hell of alot better than a third class degree). Now I have my foot in the door.

Good on the guy. In the real world there is no room for honesty and integrity. Dog eat dog world. He obviously looked more employable than those that may have been more academically experienced and got a chance to show it by telling a white lie. Good luck to him

Of course in a job where your qualifications DO matter (doctor, nurse, engineer etc) then of course its the responsibilty of the employer to ensure that the person is qualified properly. But in Chemistry there is no way any company would even give me an interview with a 3rd. So leaving it out is the only chance i have to prove myself
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:46:28 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2009, 12:45:14 pm »
I've lied on my CV.

Bit of background. I fucked up my chemistry degree and got a third. Yes I deserved it (too much drinking, not enough working). Yes I should have done better. But thems the breaks and I accepted it. I dont feel its a true representation of who I am though and my ability i have.

So I left out my degree classification from any aplication form and took the mark out of my CV. If I had left it on my CV there would be no way i would have even been offered any interviews.

By doing so I've given myself a chance to show that its not just all about grades and marks that makes you employable. Its your personality and work ethic that gets you where you want to be.

Thats how I got my current job. Said I had got a degree but didn't say what grade then at the interview I made myself look so good that the interviewer never even asked me my grade or asked for any proof (an hons Masters degree from the University of Warwick sounds a hell of alot better than a third class degree). Now I have my foot in the door.

Good on the guy. In the real world there is no room for honesty and integrity. Dog eat dog world. He obviously looked more employable than those that may have been more academically experienced and got a chance to show it by telling a white lie. Good luck to him

You've kept information from an employer, its not the same as flat out making something up that didn't happen.

If you'd been asked what grade you got what would you have said?

There is a world of difference between not being open about every part of your degree and just making up three years of your life.

EDIT: I don't think its about  not having the academic qualities that some RAWKites have a problem with, its lying to an employer, which with any reputable company is gross misconduct.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:48:02 pm by red_mark1980 »

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2009, 12:46:07 pm »
I've lied on my CV.

Thats how I got my current job. Said I had got a degree but didn't say what grade then at the interview I made myself look so good that the interviewer never even asked me my grade or asked for any proof (an hons Masters degree from the University of Warwick sounds a hell of alot better than a third class degree). Now I have my foot in the door.

a white lie, its fraud

Anyway, I too dont have the best acadmic background, got great gcse's shite a levels, three d's and an E, with the E in chemistry, to which I got my degree, I got a 2:2 in my degree after doing pretty much fuck all at uni, and managed to get a job. Came back and got on a MAsters, through a bit of luck to get on the course, worked my arse off and got a distinction.

Wanted to do a PhD and had a number of interviews for it, I showed all my accademic qualifications despite knowing the 2:2 and the shite A levels was an immediate disadvantage and had to forcefully discuss with the relevent people in interviews why I deserve the chance, the funding and the opportunity. I will add at this point that I nearly lost any chance because of my previous qualifications but worked hard, spoke with my potential supervisor, got his support, with everything in the open, and the rest is now history. I got it the fair way, in the dog eat dog world.

I applied for European funding a few months ago, had to put in my educational details, and knowing that my qualifications were below those requested I sent it off anyway and got the work on the strength of my proposal.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:48:51 pm by Something Else »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2009, 12:54:23 pm »
If you'd been asked what grade you got what would you have said?

I have always told the truth and said my true grade. I always say that it was not a true reflection on my ability to work and feel that I would still be the perfect candidate for the job. And its never stopped my interview. Most times when it happens I can see them mentally crossing my name of their list. But at least i had the oppertunity to have that chance rather than just getting a rejection letter even before the interview

a white lie, its fraud

maybe but can you blame a guy for trying? To hire the guy and get him on payroll before actually checking his qualifications.

If I had gone into the same PhD interview as you with my 3rd I would be laughed out of the room. In our industry you are either dont have the qualifications or you dont have the industrial experience. Getting your foot on the ladder is so hard because you have no idea who you have to please.

I dont accept what i did was wrong. Even if the job application wanted a chemistry degree to at least a 2:1 standard I would still go in because I want to show that a degree should not make or break your career.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2009, 12:54:50 pm »
There is no burden of complete disclosure to a potential employer. You can tell them as much or as little as you want. They can infer what they want from the gaps. Not mentioning the grade on a degree suggests a 2:2 or a 3rd. Gaps in your CV means a spell unemployed or inside. I have a 6 month gap in my CV aged 27 - I travelled around the world - but I always get asked about it. You don't have to say anything. Although if you plead the 5th amendment, you may not get the job.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2009, 12:59:05 pm »
I've lied on my CV.

Thats how I got my current job. Said I had got a degree but didn't say what grade. Then at the interview I made myself look so good that the interviewer never even asked me my grade or asked for any proof (an hons Masters degree from the University of Warwick sounds a hell of alot better than a third class degree). Now I have my foot in the door.

Of course in a job where your qualifications DO matter (doctor, nurse, engineer etc) then of course its the responsibilty of the employer to ensure that the person is qualified properly. But in Chemistry there is no way any company would even give me an interview with a 3rd. So leaving it out is the only chance i have to prove myself

I've never put my grade alongside my degree.

I got a 3rd degree (just a pass). Although I accept a fair share of the blame, I also leave some blame on the Uni. As my final year project I was doing a website for a recruitment agency, they said I need to connect it to a database to be good enough for the degree. I'd been using Java at the time and thought I'd use this to connect to the database but was having a few problems. I emailed a lecturer early on with a question. After a couple of chase-ups I finally got a reply 2 weeks before the project was due in, saying "oh, you don't want to do it in java as you'll only get a limited number of connections to the database, you need to use something like ASP". Great, thanks. Now admittedly I should have researched it more, which is part of the project, but a quicker reply would have been nice - ended up having to learn ASP and get the website working, as well as finish the disertation, in 2 weeks. Managed to pass somehow.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2009, 01:01:16 pm »
I should mention that after my 4 year fuck up between 2004 and 2008 I returned to the same university to do another masters course in Analytical Chemistry and was 2% off a distinction. This helped me hide my 3rd away and push the Analytical side

I did think about a PhD but I wanted to get some industrial experience under my belt and experince the other side to chemistry

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2009, 01:02:33 pm »
I have always told the truth and said my true grade. I always say that it was not a true reflection on my ability to work and feel that I would still be the perfect candidate for the job. And its never stopped my interview. Most times when it happens I can see them mentally crossing my name of their list. But at least i had the oppertunity to have that chance rather than just getting a rejection letter even before the interview

I cant see any problem with what you did at all mate. You didn't put the grade on and you were not asked, I understand the reasons and you've not told a lie.

The OP's mate made up a degree he'd not got. Thats a flat out lie and most companies I've worked for would not bat an eyelid if it came up in conversation about you when you said "Oh I got a third" - saying "Yeah I made that up, I never got a degree or went to uni" is out the door speak.

I know what your saying in the world today about trying to get a job, but making up three years of your life (most employers look at uni as a long term commitment, grades are important to a relevant job but the fact that you committed to something and followed through is looked at as a plus) making it up is fraudulent and he may as well lied about jobs he'd done before

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2009, 01:03:57 pm »
I should mention that after my 4 year fuck up between 2004 and 2008 I returned to the same university to do another masters course in Analytical Chemistry and was 2% off a distinction. This helped me hide my 3rd away and push the Analytical side

I did think about a PhD but I wanted to get some industrial experience under my belt and experince the other side to chemistry

I worked at unilever for a year and really disliked industry, so ran back kicking and screaming and am now in the physics department....

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2009, 01:04:42 pm »
I worked at unilever for a year and really disliked industry, so ran back kicking and screaming and am now in the physics department....

Oh dear. I wont tell you where I'm working right now then mate ;)

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2009, 01:18:37 pm »
H.R. are doing audits in his place.

Having had Head Office come down to audit my H.R. records/employee files it is a massive panic to get every piece of documentation in every file. It may well be that the woman is so focused on the process of having 100% complete employee files that she has missed the concept of the deception. It could well be that this will be dealt with in the future once the audit is complete.

It could also be that if the mate is doing the job to a more than satisfactory level that they have decided to let the slip go. If he was crap they could use that as a means to dismiss.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2009, 01:20:03 pm »

It could also be that if the mate is doing the job to a more than satisfactory level that they have decided to let the slip go. If he was crap they could use that as a means to dismiss.

Cant imagine that decision would be made there and then by a person from HR though

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2009, 01:25:33 pm »
Cant imagine that decision would be made there and then by a person from HR though

Depends on her level I suppose and if she is in charge of recruitment. Like I said she could be so focused on just making sure that every file is up to date that the lie hasn't registered yet.
Maybe she hasn't told anyone else about it.
Maybe she is lonely and fancies the mate.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim