Author Topic: I lied on my C.V. and now . . . .  (Read 13573 times)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
Re: I lied on my C.V. and now . . . .
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2009, 04:47:12 pm »
In my old job, one of the lads was in the same boat and had been working there for over a year before being approached by H.R. The mad/stupid fucker forged his and got away with it.
which is why YOU decided to do it for your new job and now it got complicated. Admit it,you'll feel better! ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

royhendo

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2009, 04:48:15 pm »
Yes I have read it, and I know Frank Abagnale then worked to prevent people doing what he did.

It's a brilliant book isn't it? Much better than the film...

Anyway yeah - it doesn't happen enough does it? I got put through the ringer on this one - as Robbie Burns said "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." :)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 04:55:58 pm »
which is why YOU decided to do it for your new job and now it got complicated. Admit it,you'll feel better! ;D

;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 05:01:23 pm »
I thought it was all checked by going to the source? So instead of producing a certificate, which could, in theory, be fake, wouldn't they just go to the university and ask for proof that he was enrolled there and obtained a degree?

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2009, 05:02:36 pm »
Tell him to do the sensible thing and fake his own death.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2009, 05:05:46 pm »
Haha, some classic replies in this thread.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2009, 05:06:26 pm »
I thought it was all checked by going to the source? So instead of producing a certificate, which could, in theory, be fake, wouldn't they just go to the university and ask for proof that he was enrolled there and obtained a degree?

Are the university allowed to divulge that information? Isn't it personal information and covered by the DPA?

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2009, 05:12:04 pm »
"your friend"  ;)
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2009, 05:16:21 pm »
University are obliged to keep all work for minimum of 15 years, so I imagine its pretty easy to check these kind of things.
Over heard some cockney legal eagle talking about it, he'd been to Liverpool Hope to discuss it.....or something anyway.
As far as divulging information, my degree result was posted in the paper so its hardly confidential.

My sentiments are, he has taken someone else's job. Someone who spent 3 or 4 years at Uni, and probably getting into massive debt in doing so. So he should quit and open to the position up to someone who deserves it.

If the original poster is using 'my mate' story as a cover. That's bad form. Could deceit be in the blood
(Apologies if you are being truthful, just pass on these comments to your mate)

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2009, 05:19:13 pm »
Tell him to carry a knife from now on. I'll think about what he can do with it later...

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2009, 05:20:24 pm »
Are the university allowed to divulge that information? Isn't it personal information and covered by the DPA?

I guess it might be, but I think I've heard of employers checking up on employees from contacting their old uni etc. Perhaps they have to ask permission to do so though.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2009, 05:21:51 pm »
University are obliged to keep all work for minimum of 15 years, so I imagine its pretty easy to check these kind of things.
Over heard some cockney legal eagle talking about it, he'd been to Liverpool Hope to discuss it.....or something anyway.
As far as divulging information, my degree result was posted in the paper so its hardly confidential.

Does it matter whether the information is in the public domain? You could legally retrieve the newspaper version of the results. But I would think the employer would need a signed disclaimer from the employee to obtain that information directly.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2009, 05:22:18 pm »
;D

Lying to your employer is one thing but lying to RAWK is beyond the pale. You'll be shot at dawn if we find out it was you.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2009, 05:24:06 pm »
If he has been there for some time, and I assume has had an appraisal in that time, which shows he is competent at his job, then his HR manager might be nice to him and allow him to carry on.

I would own up, but be a real creep and tell them you (sorry, he) was so desperate to get the job you (sorry, he) lied about the qualification and if it causes a problem, you (sorry, he) would offer your resignation.

If you (sorry, he) resign, they cannot write you a "bad" reference!

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2009, 05:24:24 pm »
Perhaps that's because a teaching qualification at a University and a job at a bank are different things?

Well for any job I went for in the year in between graduating and starting the PGCE it was the same. I had to bring my qualifications with me to the interview.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2009, 05:27:18 pm »
If he has been there for some time, and I assume has had an appraisal in that time, which shows he is competent at his job, then his HR manager might be nice to him and allow him to carry on.

I would own up, but be a real creep and tell them you (sorry, he) was so desperate to get the job you (sorry, he) lied about the qualification and if it causes a problem, you (sorry, he) would offer your resignation.

If you (sorry, he) resign, they cannot write you a "bad" reference!

Is "He lied on his CV to get the job and resigned as soon as we found him out" not a bad reference?

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 05:30:25 pm »
Is "He lied on his CV to get the job and resigned as soon as we found him out" not a bad reference?

If he resigns and says his reason for leaving was due to personal reasons, they cannot, by employment law mention what happened.
If he has a chat with the HR manager, and it is apparant that the company will have him up on a misconduct hearing, then he can resign before any disciplinary hearing without the firm being able to mention it.

He won't get a glowing reference, but they can't give him a bad reference.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2009, 05:36:23 pm »
Send HR a link to this thread.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2009, 05:50:11 pm »
If he resigns and says his reason for leaving was due to personal reasons, they cannot, by employment law mention what happened.
If he has a chat with the HR manager, and it is apparant that the company will have him up on a misconduct hearing, then he can resign before any disciplinary hearing without the firm being able to mention it.

He won't get a glowing reference, but they can't give him a bad reference.

That's a shame

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2009, 06:05:05 pm »

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2009, 06:10:12 pm »
Forge it, buy a degree of someone that does it. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who can get a certificate.

Or quit.

Or get sacked.

Nearly everyone lies on their CV, I did and got called into a interview with three people. Owned up in the interview that some stuff was a bit exaggerated. I got the job.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2009, 06:11:43 pm »
Yep thats the main reason, people go to Uni for years to get the qualifications for their dream job and then some c*nt just lies about his? Not right if you ask me.

Is right. Hopefully he wont put this job as work experience in his updated cv and get another job by making look at he's got the experience
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2009, 06:35:59 pm »
He works for a very large international bank and lied in his C.V. by stating he had a degree in public relations.

He is a banker!!!  Burn him in the middle of the village!!!!

what kind of cock put a fake degree?  fake about other things but degrees are the last things you fake!
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2009, 06:40:52 pm »
Just tell them it was a mistake, you/your mate downloaded the CV template, and forgot to delete that line from it. You/he never claimed to have a degree, and can therefore not be held responsible :)

Failing that, I've got plenty of emails offering degree certificates if it will be of assistance :)
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 06:42:05 pm »
KILL EVERYBODY.
It is most odd.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 06:44:20 pm »
Is this not fraud, so if found out serious trouble

Surely leaving as soon as possible is the only option`

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 06:50:29 pm »
Tell your 'friend' not to turn up to work in the morning. We are on to him.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Troglodyte

• Cave dwelling Sun reader. That'll be the target demographic nailed then.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2009, 06:53:41 pm »
well it wasn't me but a good mate of mine did. He works for a very large international bank and lied in his C.V. by stating he had a degree in public relations. H.R. have been onto him twice this week looking for confirmation of his degree. Any suggestions as to the best way to resolve this? He isn't keen in forging any documents as this will make matters far worse if he's found out.

How the fuck? Its standard corporate practice , they will check the photocopies of your certificates and degrees  right after you are hired. If you are waiting for your degree and haven't received it yet , they'll ask you when can you submit it and you'll have to produce it on that date.
Olus , most of these larger corp. hire background checking companies whose job is to meticulously verify details for veracity.Any discrepancy and you are screwed unless you come up with a credible explanation.

I know , I have interviewed Interns for our org.
And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 06:56:59 pm »
Tell your 'friend' not to turn up to work in the morning. We are on to him.

Mr Anderson!!!!!!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 07:00:05 pm »
It's not me ya bunch of cretins! Don't make be the first rawkite to bring lawsuits against other posters for defamation. I've already lined up Corkboy to represent me!!;D

Am i right in presuming that the normal course of action would be dismissal if he came clean? :wave
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:03:52 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 07:02:47 pm »
It's not me ya bunch of cretins!

Am i right in presuming that the normal course of action would be dismissal if he came clean? :wave

As a minimum I can imagine, firstly its lieing, secondly it may affect their coorporate insurance if someone does not have the neccesary qualifications, it does in my area, and thirdly, as I said, is it not fraud so therefore can they not sue

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 07:05:10 pm »
It's not me ya bunch of cretins! Don't make be the first rawkite to bring lawsuits against other posters for defamation.;D

Depends how good he is at his job I suppose - if he's particularly good at it they might want to keep hold of him, but could possibly reduce his wages (?). But it would be a bloody good excuse to get rid of him, he'd have absolutely no comeback.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 07:05:17 pm »
It's not me ya bunch of cretins! Don't make be the first rawkite to bring lawsuits against other posters for defamation. I've already lined up Corkboy to represent me!!;D

I'd be amazed if it wasn't

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 07:07:49 pm »
Depends how good he is at his job I suppose - if he's particularly good at it they might want to keep hold of him, but could possibly reduce his wages (?). But it would be a bloody good excuse to get rid of him, he'd have absolutely no comeback.

If he's lasted 18 months maybe he's alright at it.

Keep quiet, resign and chalk it down to experience.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 07:10:18 pm »
Expect DangerScouses post count to rocket soon, he'll have a lot more time on his hands it seems ;)

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2009, 07:26:18 pm »

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:09 pm »
In the IT contracting world, you meet an endless stream of people who claim to have qualifications but who in fact used to be posties, plumbers, and so on and so forth. I'd recommend reading "Catch Me If You Can".
Had a cisco engineer turn up at out place to fit some new routers and fibre, he didnt know what the fibre connection was and was looking for an RJ45 plug to fit on the end of the fibre cable :D   They were paying £85 per hour for this muppet and I just watched in disbelief as he was mullering the patch cabinet.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2009, 07:52:58 pm »
Your mate might get a squeaky bum if he reads sections 1,2 and 3 of the Fraud Act 2006.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2009, 08:01:01 pm »

Pfft. Corky isn't really a lawyer. His diploma is written in crayon.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2009, 08:05:51 pm »
He's fucked. Plain and simple. He needs to resign, imo. If he's found out, then it's shitload of trouble for him.