Author Topic: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2  (Read 97271 times)

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
Re: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2
« Reply #760 on: December 13, 2015, 11:09:34 pm »
You would've never have guessed at how one sided the match was just by watching those highlights!

I guess they can put across whatever story they want.

Yeah im gutted i missed todays game but read a different reveiw than what i just seen on MOTD2

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: December 13, 2015, 11:10:07 pm »
Very happy. Just back from the match now.

Klopp gets us. He got the Kop bouncing. He got the ground bouncing.

We came back from a deffo loss. Anyone taking negatives from that should just fuck off. Honestly. Fuck. Off.

We are a work in progress. We have big issues. We need work. We are not good enough.

But Klopp gets it. He gets us.

That was a loss today. Stone wall loss.

And we drew. Obviously I'd rather we fucking won 8-0 but we didn't.

Made up. Draw from a loss.

I couldn't agree more! We used to lose this kind of games for a very, very long time under various managers way, way back.

But we don't anymore and for everyone it should be clear that this doesn't happen out of the blue and because of some motivation speeches only.. the football already has changed, it's just not that visible from the outside until now.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: December 13, 2015, 11:11:16 pm »
Loved how Klopp has basically sent a message out to managers like Pulis telling them that their football is shit and to stick their stone age, sunday league pub team tactics up their holes.

Unreal how they're on MoTD defending that horror tackle on Lovren. Fucking hell.

Thing is Pulis' anti-football nearly won them the match so I doubt he cares. To really look like title contenders LFC need to win comprehensively against just this sort of team. Keep going lads, we'll get there.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #763 on: December 13, 2015, 11:11:24 pm »
Pissed off we didn't win but you can't blame west Brom for the long ball game. Can't expect teams with few resources to play like barca. We've just got ta find a way of beating them.

bullshit....take a look at Bournemouth and Leicester....its terrible, bottom rung anti-football...but its the easy way out for phoney c*nts like Pulis and Allardyce.....who always pull the no-resources card to disguise their lack of genuine footballing nouse ....hope the shitbag gets relegated
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: December 13, 2015, 11:11:32 pm »
it was dangerous, but i don't think it was a red.. how he got away without a booking is nuts though.
Dangerous tackles are usually red card tackles, though, if contact is made. That was fucking shocking. How the player is even thinking about diving in full pelt like that without the regard of the other player is beyond my comprehension. It was a cert that any contact was going to leave Lovren in a mess on the deck. Funny how Skrtel's tackle that more scrutiny, and it was similar, yet nowhere near as much danger to the player involved.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:14:48 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: December 13, 2015, 11:11:42 pm »
given that Pulis teams play for set pieces, I suspect he practices corners and free kicks a hefty amount rather than worrying about possession football.

To be fair to Brunt he's always had a decent left foot that could take a good set piece.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #766 on: December 13, 2015, 11:13:14 pm »
Fuck off Shearer. Bet he'd love to be on the receiving end of that shit.

Winning the ball doesn't matter, so why the fuck do they keep going on about it? It meets the reckless, careless and excessive force rules for a tackle- the shithouse knew he was following through. The fact he finished knee high shows how much he launched in- it was a red card and a fucking disgrace not even a foul was given

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 13, 2015, 11:14:03 pm »
Loved how Klopp has basically sent a message out to managers like Pulis telling them that their football is shit and to stick their stone age, sunday league pub team tactics up their holes.

It will be payback the next time around, you can be sure Klopp will make them look stupid very soon..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: December 13, 2015, 11:16:22 pm »
bullshit....take a look at Bournemouth and Leicester....its terrible, bottom rung anti-football...but its the easy way out for phoney c*nts like Pulis and Allardyce.....who always pull the no-resources card to disguise their lack of genuine footballing nouse ....hope the shitbag gets relegated

Exactly this, Klopp took an instant dislike to West Brom and it's easy to see why!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #769 on: December 13, 2015, 11:16:38 pm »
Seen the Klopp interview now

:lmao

Looks like a crazed mad fan loving the club and hating the journalists.

You'll do for me kidda :)

Fucking love him. Hates the fucking shithouse media more than I do  :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #770 on: December 13, 2015, 11:16:53 pm »
Pissed off we didn't win but you can't blame west Brom for the long ball game. Can't expect teams with few resources to play like barca. We've just got ta find a way of beating them.
They have plenty of resources compared to similarly placed clubs on the continent, yet you generally see this type of "football" only in England.  They also have more resources than the likes of Bournmouth and Leicester.  Not being a wealthy club is no excuse for playing the way all Pulis teams do.  There is no joy in that style because it simply feels wrong.               

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: December 13, 2015, 11:18:27 pm »
Winning the ball doesn't matter, so why the fuck do they keep going on about it? It meets the reckless, careless and excessive force rules for a tackle- the shithouse knew he was following through. The fact he finished knee high shows how much he launched in- it was a red card and a fucking disgrace not even a foul was given

I think Henderson should've given the ref an earful, it was fucking awful!

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #772 on: December 13, 2015, 11:19:28 pm »
Unreal how they're on MoTD defending that horror tackle on Lovren. Fucking hell.
Really? I honestly think we'd be singing a different tune if that was one of our players. It was committed he didnt leave the ground and for me he went for the ball. Skrtel's tackle was wild and off the ground, could have got a red for it quite easily. In other words I'm with Al on this :)

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: December 13, 2015, 11:20:20 pm »
I think Henderson should've given the ref an earful, it was fucking awful!

Agree, someone should have grabbed Gardner by the throat and everyone pile in- force the ref to blow and see blood pouring from Lovren's knee. Would have made his decision for him- need to have more nous in these situations.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #774 on: December 13, 2015, 11:21:09 pm »
it was an overthetop challenge, he knew exactly what he was doing, roll the foot over the ball and onto the leg of the player.   

Hope he's fucking proud of himself the utter shitbag.

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 13, 2015, 11:21:22 pm »
Really? I honestly think we'd be singing a different tune if that was one of our players. It was committed he didnt leave the ground and for me he went for the ball. Skrtel's tackle was wild and off the ground, could have got a red for it quite easily. In other words I'm with Al on this :)

How has Lovren got his studs in his knee if he didn't leave the ground?

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #776 on: December 13, 2015, 11:22:46 pm »
How has Lovren got his studs in his knee if he didn't leave the ground?
It's a contact sport, these things happen when players are flinging their bodies around the place.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: December 13, 2015, 11:22:58 pm »

Gardner's foot has knee high..

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 13, 2015, 11:28:07 pm »

but it's pretty effective no? thats why pulis teams always sit comfortably mid table, sure he's never really going to achieve much other than keeping his club healthy financially. He's never claimed to be anything else. It's up to us to make him think twice about bringing those tactics to anfield again.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 13, 2015, 11:28:12 pm »
It's a contact sport, these things happen when players are flinging their bodies around the place.

Just because it's a contact sport, doesn't mean players are free to do what they want.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: December 13, 2015, 11:29:09 pm »
but it's pretty effective no? thats why pulis teams always sit comfortably mid table, sure he's never really going to achieve much other than keeping his club healthy financially. He's never claimed to be anything else. It's up to us to make him think twice about bringing those tactics to anfield again.

If fans are happy with watching that shite week in, week out, then they must have some pretty damn low standards. Sure it'll get you mid-table at very best, but that's the grand sum of what you'll achieve in this league.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 13, 2015, 11:29:28 pm »
I enjoy watching his teams against our rivals. When its you a nightmare game though.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: December 13, 2015, 11:30:00 pm »
Benteke is a very expensive plan B. We play a lot better with him out of the team.

The dropped points are on Mignolet.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #783 on: December 13, 2015, 11:31:41 pm »
I don't like the way Pulis sets up his teams but the clubs he manages are happy to stay in the league and are not bothered how pretty the football is.
The clubs and the fans know what they are getting with Pulis
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #784 on: December 13, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »
Gardner's foot has knee high..
Just because it's a contact sport, doesn't mean players are free to do what they want.
Let's see what Citizen Khan has to say about it, let him have the final word.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: December 13, 2015, 11:33:49 pm »
Honestly, I don't there's a clear cut decision the referee can make there. It's not really a challenge for the ball per se in that Gardner's already got there and it's on the follow through of him kicking the ball that he catches Lovren (which can happen). The doubt for me is caused by him leaning back as he goes to kick the ball and whether he consciously knows he's going to catch Lovren. It could be he kicks it and wants to hurt Lovren in some way afterwards or whether he's expecting a more even contest to get to the ball and goes to the floor to try and win it and accidentally ends up catching Lovren on the follow through because he comfortably gets there before Lovren.

I totally understand why nothing was given there. I think only Gardner knows if that was intentional.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #786 on: December 13, 2015, 11:35:59 pm »
To be fair to Brunt he's always had a decent left foot that could take a good set piece.

I know how we can change that.

Sign him up.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #787 on: December 13, 2015, 11:36:33 pm »
I don't like the way Pulis sets up his teams but the clubs he manages are happy to stay in the league and are not bothered how pretty the football is.
The clubs and the fans know what they are getting with Pulis

Correct. Small time complaining about their tactics. These are a bunch of pussies compared to Wimbedon back in the day and we found ways of beating them.  We knew what to expect and we couldn't beat them. We've got to find a way of doing that.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: December 13, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »
Watch again how he looks not at the ball but ahead of it. He knew what he was doing
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: December 13, 2015, 11:38:33 pm »
If fans are happy with watching that shite week in, week out, then they must have some pretty damn low standards. Sure it'll get you mid-table at very best, but that's the grand sum of what you'll achieve in this league.

Well I imagine for WBA fans it beats the hell out of being in a relegation dogfight each season. The guy just plays to his own strengths and always has, sure it's shit but it works for him and has done for years. It's up to the team to make sure it doesn't work for pulis here again.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: December 13, 2015, 11:41:54 pm »
Watch again how he looks not at the ball but ahead of it. He knew what he was doing

After the Milner foul he was itching to nail somebody

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #791 on: December 13, 2015, 11:42:15 pm »
I enjoy watching his teams against our rivals. When its you a nightmare game though.

Hate the prick. Sanctimonious bell of the highest order. Small man with small club capability talking small time shite. Forever.

Delighted that the boss has enough passion to call the fucker out and to to explain why he didn't shake his hand - this sort of shite we've put up with for too long. I've no problem at all with Brendan, but he'd have pursed his lips and given a tight handshake at the end despite the bullshit that Pulis would have been chirping in with throughout the game and then in the presser. Glad that he wasn't given that free ride today and delighted that Jurgen is making it clear that these types of team won't come here and pick up points by playng with those tactics in the future. (whether he achieves it or not it just another of those carefully considered but emotionally honest lines from a future hero of ours.)

Take the posts from Stussy & Andy @ Allerton & frame them somewhere in RAWK towers please.

We're lucky to have Klopp and still enough in the ground who know it. This guy isn't just managing the team and it's spirit, he's attempting to manage the whole club and the city in a way we haven't seen for years.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #792 on: December 13, 2015, 11:42:32 pm »
Just back in. Whew, long day with train delays etc. So, what of the game?

Well, there are draws and there are draws. That honestly felt like a win. The fervour in the stand after the equalizer was unbelievable, 4 or 5 minute sof 'hair on the back of your enck standing up' stuff. What a c*nt awful team Pulis has created, time-wasting, kicking, booting. From my vantage I didn't see the Skrtel and Milner fouls, but thought the Lovren one was innocuous enough to be fair.

Was the slap on Benteke in the penalty box a penalty? Very strange not give it. Was their disallowed goal definitely offside? Looked it to me, but old lad beside me disagreed. They took an awful long time to decide. Thought the ref had a poor game, but then it always appears so when you are furstrated in the stand.

Far more egregious was Mignolet ballsing up for their goal; he came, missed it and then got lost while WBA kicked it into the back of the net. Before that Liverpool looked bright and dangerous, scored one and looked like they would paste a shit team. After that WBA just booted everything long and created all kinds of panic. I don't think the backline were great today, Lovrena dn Skrtel both let players run past them a few times, a better pass would have killed them. Also, Skrtel and Lovren were very poor with their distribution, not helped by Mignolet playing a lot of strange balls back across the line. Have to say, two corners, far post and near post, backs don't deal with either; shameful stuff. While Lovren has been solid in Sahko's absence, you do miss Sahko's quality, he is just a better defender than either Lovren or Skrtel.

In the middle, Can was superb at times, a head wreck at others. Henderson played some very poor balls, but is feeling his way back to full fitness. I would credit him with trying to play progessive balls, but very badly. Milner had blinkers on all game, he kept playing balls behind the full backs, instead of in front of them to run on to. This alone fucked me off more than I could say. It's one thing Firmino does very well, a weighted pass for players to run on to. All game long the Liverpool midfield played to feet instead of in to space, it slows the attack down and gives shit sides a chance to recover. Frustrating.

The front three were hit and miss. Coutinho played some lovely stuff, but just back from injury got subbed unsurprisingly.  Lallana was all kinds of Frustrating, how you miss a 1-on-1 with so much time is beyond me. All game long he was doing good things followed by stupid things. Benteke didn't help. No attempt to run ion behind, no attempt to chase, no attempt for a ball just a yard from him. His entire game today was to either stand between two CBs or go far post waiting for a deep cross. He did some good hold up play, but overall he just looked ordinary to my eyes. We were crying out for someone to run in behind.

When Ibe, Firmino and Origi came on they made a big difference. Ibe in particular with his direct running, but Origi also helped with some good wing play and of course the all important deflected goal. Firmino also took up good positions and made good runs.

Whwn the equalizer went in the main stand went mental. Thr Klopp spat with Pulis was cheered to the rafters and Klopp's decision to go cheer the fans with the team was inspirational stuff. The Kop loved it and rightly so. I love what he is tryong to do, connecting fans with the teama nd making teh team realise how important that link is; it was a hard game but I think by the end everyone realised how hard the team had tried. There ws more than one player blowing hard and with his hands on nhis knees (I will give Lallana a break because eventhiugh he was a bit shit at time, he put in ana mazing shift all the same).

So, a draw, but a good result in the circumstances. the fortitude ti fight to the end was great to see. Its the kind of thing that builds reputations. Liverpool, a team that fights to the 98 minute, Anfield a place where you can still drop points in extra- extra-time. No bad thing that. Lets be honest, we haven't seen that fight for a year and a bit now. 1 point closer to 4th is a decent result and all.

Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #793 on: December 13, 2015, 11:43:36 pm »
Going against the general opinion here with regards to style of play offered by today's opposition. If I supported West Brom I'd rather have them stay in the league playing poor football and making enemies than get relegated but be showered with plaudits. In an ideal world you combine the two best parts, and maybe a team like Bournemouth will do just that. Ultimately though, football is about getting the result you want. Pre-match threads on here are always full of people begging for a win of any kind, no matter how scrappy. Pulis and West Brom knew their best chance at winning or drawing today was to play the way they did. It's wound everyone on this forum up, myself included, so it clearly worked.

Of course it should go without saying that I think we're incredibly lucky to have a manager who aspires to more than that. And I'm stunned that anyone could misinterpret the gesture towards the fans at the end of the match.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: December 13, 2015, 11:45:38 pm »
Let's see what Citizen Khan has to say about it, let him have the final word.

He's too busy slicing cakes with a chainsaw I believe  ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: December 13, 2015, 11:46:19 pm »
Doesn't have to be off the ground for it to be a terrible tackle. He's near took Lovrens leg off at the knee.

OK, maybe not that bad, but he's left evidence of a shithouse challenge on his kneecap.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #796 on: December 13, 2015, 11:47:22 pm »
Going against the general opinion here with regards to style of play offered by today's opposition. If I supported West Brom I'd rather have them stay in the league playing poor football and making enemies than get relegated but be showered with plaudits. In an ideal world you combine the two best parts, and maybe a team like Bournemouth will do just that. Ultimately though, football is about getting the result you want. Pre-match threads on here are always full of people begging for a win of any kind, no matter how scrappy. Pulis and West Brom knew their best chance at winning or drawing today was to play the way they did. It's wound everyone on this forum up, myself included, so it clearly worked.

Of course it should go without saying that I think we're incredibly lucky to have a manager who aspires to more than that. And I'm stunned that anyone could misinterpret the gesture towards the fans at the end of the match.

Agree with all that.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #797 on: December 13, 2015, 11:49:24 pm »

A decent summary on today's game, opponents and their manager.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: December 13, 2015, 11:50:54 pm »
commentary on MOTD2 says there was no malice on the part of gardner for the challenge on lovren ? is he crackers  ::)

it was cold and callous from where i am looking. very nasty follow through if you ask me by the c*nt

Analysts on sports nbc said it was premeditated, knew exactly what he was doing and was a straight red.

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: December 13, 2015, 11:51:33 pm »
Analysts on sports nbc said it was premeditated, knew exactly what he was doing and was a straight red.

Klopp thought he played the ball though.