Author Topic: Liverpool vs Southampton (FA Cup Fifth Round) - 20:00, Wednesday 28th February  (Read 20386 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Mac Allister endo konate are not playing.
Konate would get a muscle injury. Endo 120 mins same with eliott. Mac allister's endurance isnt his strong point either & he is vital

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Who's the ref on this one do we know yet?  Im sure the PGMOL loved hearing Klopp highlight how great their refs are and will reward us with a really good impartial ref like Tierney or someone

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Who's the ref on this one do we know yet?  Im sure the PGMOL loved hearing Klopp highlight how great their refs are and will reward us with a really good impartial ref like Tierney or someone

Referee: Gary Neville

Fourth Official: Duncan Ferguson

Linos: Alex Ferguson, Jim Ratcliffe
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Pawson I believe.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
Listening to some Southampton fans they feel as if they should go strong as they feel automatic promotion is beyond them.

Online tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
I'd start Adrian. I wouldn't risk Kelleher with Alisson being out until the international break.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Kelleher should deffo play. We're already having to field a weaker side due to injuries and resting, so it's important we don't weaken ourselves further. There's more chance Kelleher gets injured in training, also he doesn't exactly need a rest as a goalkeeper, he should be in there adding another match on to his record, this is the first time in his career he's ever had what you'd call a proper run in the side and there's no reason to put an end to that in a knockout game (a must win!)

As for rests no problems in VVD/Konate/Mac Allister/Endo etc missing out. I'd like Salah and Nunez to at least make the bench, which in general should be stronger than it was for the last couple of games. In terms of senior players who should start, I'd say Gomez, Tsimikas and Gakpo which should give us a good base at home to a Championship side who might even make changes themselves. Kelleher as well as I've mentioned. I just see no reason to play an ageing goalkeeper who has no future at the club, he's an emergency option and it isn't an emergency.

I also imagine Bradley can go again, if the thinking is that he can play against Forest too and maybe we get Trent back for Prague away?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Listening to some Southampton fans they feel as if they should go strong as they feel automatic promotion is beyond them.

12 games to go and 5 points off second.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks Jack.

Sneaking suspicion we'll see Nunez and Salah start this, maybe even Szobo and them come off at half time.

Will be great to see more of the kids get more minutes, exciting times.

If, and it's a big if, they are fit enough to play I think it would be better for them to come on at halftime and finish the game rather then start the game. 

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
We should still be able to field a decent team whilst resting Kelleher, Ibou, Virg, Endo, Mac and Diaz.

Adrian, Bradley, Gomez, Quansah, Tsimikas, McConnell, Clark, Scanlon, Danns, Gakpo, Gordon or something in more of a 4-2-4 system. Robbo, Dom, Mo, Darwin, Harvey on the bench.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Thanks Jack  :thumbup

I'd expect Kelleher will play as there's not really a red zone for goalkeepers.  I guess there is inherently more chance of him picking up a knock through playing than not playing but still think he'll start.

Defence is the only area we have any established cover at the moment so I'd expect we'll go quite strong there.  It's also the area where we've struggled in the past when we've got with very youthful teams - the match against Villa particularly comes to mind where we matched them in open play but lost 5-0 mostly through defensive mix-ups.

I'm not sure if Jay Spearing is registered to play for the first team but he has a squad number and has turned out for the under 21s so maybe he is.  Ignoring the bantz, I wouldn't mind him doing the Milner/Lallana role of being the experienced head in midfield but I expect McConnell will be the starting #6.

Even if some of our injured senior players are available I'd not have them anywhere near this game.  Youthful exuberance in attacking areas is always welcome (and, of course, they've got plenty of talent!).

Kelleher
Pitt/Bradley - Gomez - Quansah - Tsimikas
Nyoni - McConnell - Clark
Gordon - Danns - Kane-Doherty

Adrian, Spearing (?) and the remaining kids on the bench.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:00:28 pm by thaddeus »

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Presser at 1.30

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pOK0rSqT30I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pOK0rSqT30I</a>

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Grav out of next two.

Endo took a proper knock too.

No actual news on the other three bar ‘wait and see’.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:44:52 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Anyone else watching the press conference. Klopp is actually laughing again! He's not been so upbeat in one of these for ages
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Anyone else watching the press conference. Klopp is actually laughing again! He's not been so upbeat in one of these for ages

Looks relaxed. I think the decision made means a weight has been lifted.

He was asked about Thiago and the impression I got is that he probably won`t be playing again this season, although when asked about Bajcteic he was a lot more upbeat. Not quite in full training but it doesn`t sound as though he is a million miles off
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I also imagine Bradley can go again, if the thinking is that he can play against Forest too and maybe we get Trent back for Prague away?

Errr... I think Trent was confirmed to be out until after the international break and not even immediately after. So Trent, Ali and Jones are all 'post-international' with Jones being the first one of those three to probably return. We won't be seeing Trent back any time soon I'm afraid. Bradley adn Gomez need careful managing now.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
As you were then

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Soooo we're pretty much down to an U21 squad tomorrow with only probably Kelleher and Kostas keeping their spots. Is Rhys Williams still around to partner Quansah? None of the first teamers (that we have left) should be risked, unfortunately the FA Cup will need to be sacrificed.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Will need a solid base in defence then hope our kids have enough.

It might be one we have to sacrifice given the schedule and injuries.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Soooo we're pretty much down to an U21 squad tomorrow with only probably Kelleher and Kostas keeping their spots. Is Rhys Williams still around to partner Quansah? None of the first teamers (that we have left) should be risked, unfortunately the FA Cup will need to be sacrificed.

Currently injured I think.
Joined Aberdeen last summer, didn't make an appearance. Joined Port Vale in January then was recalled to get rehab on an injury.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp on resting the likes of Bradley, Elliot & Kelleher:

"Yeah, In an ideal world you would think about these kind of things, but we obviously don't live in an ideal world."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Currently injured I think.
Joined Aberdeen last summer, didn't make an appearance. Joined Port Vale in January then was recalled to get rehab on an injury.
Of course he is, the curse continues.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer

I think to a point that is true, but if Mo, Darwin and Szobo are now in need of minutes then I can see them playing some part just to give them some sharpness for the weekend. Perhaps 1st or last 30 mins depending on the score etc.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
                    Kelleher

Bradley   Gomez    Quanseh    Tsimikas

McConnell  McAllister   Clarke

?        Gakpo         ?

If we can start with a team like this, with either Nunez or Salah playing the first half, and the other playing the second half, then I am actually quite optimistic. McAllister is my big worry, if we break him we are in major doo-doo but I see no alternative.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
                    Kelleher

?        Gakpo         ?

If we can start with a team like this, with either Nunez or Salah playing the first half, and the other playing the second half, then I am actually quite optimistic. McAllister is my big worry, if we break him we are in major doo-doo but I see no alternative.

No to Mac Allister. Has had injury issues already this season.

? - Daniel Craig

? - Melanie C
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
                    Kelleher

?        Gakpo         ?

Can’t afford to lose Max or Endo given we only have three fit midfielders.

You play Don if he’s ok.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
Is Jordan Ibe still cup-tied?  Could do with him for this one.....

If Salah, Nunez or Dom can play for an hour it will make all the difference, otherwise we are struggling to put out an 11.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
Can’t afford to lose Max or Endo given we only have three fit midfielders.

You play Don if he’s ok.

You'd worry about playing him twice in four days though and you'd rather him for Forest. 30-35 minutes off the bench would help a lot. I think we risk Endo and/or Elliott in the starting XI and then get them off asap.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Scanlon, Mabaya, Nyoni, Frauendorf, Koumas, Clark, Danns, Kone-Doherty, Gordon, Musialowski, Cannonier

Get em ON!!!!!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
You'd worry about playing him twice in four days though and you'd rather him for Forest. 30-35 minutes off the bench would help a lot. I think we risk Endo and/or Elliott in the starting XI and then get them off asap.

Why would you risk two players that played 120 minutes and have to start on Saturday ?

Endo is also being monitored as took heavy knock.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
Why would you risk two players that played 120 minutes and have to start on Saturday ?

Because the last time we brought Dom back from injury he was back out again for weeks. Him, Nunez and Salah need to be fit and firing for Forest and City.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Because the last time we brought Dom back from injury he was back out again for weeks. Him, Nunez and Salah need to be fit and firing for Forest and City.

You need to give them minutes.

You can’t just throw them in cold against Forest.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
From Klopp's presser, it sounds like the likelihood of fielding only one experienced player (Gakpo) in the front six from the start is high. Besides Clark and McConnell, which other youngster can play in midfield? See others mentioning Nyoni being namedropped.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
From Klopp's presser, it sounds like the likelihood of fielding only one experienced player (Gakpo) in the front six from the start is high. Besides Clark and McConnell, which other youngster can play in midfield? See others mentioning Nyoni being namedropped.

Klopp said this:

“We need miracles with a few players. That’s why I don’t want to rule anyone out, but it’s touch and go. Darwin, Mo, Dom, we have to see.”

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers

His time has come

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt

Morrison

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away

His time has come

Ah, the evergreen one. He might at least make the bench at this rate!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Klopp said this:

“We need miracles with a few players. That’s why I don’t want to rule anyone out, but it’s touch and go. Darwin, Mo, Dom, we have to see.”

Doesn't help that there's extra time so 30 mins can become 60 or 90 mins 120.

Mac, Endo and Elliott should be rested so it'll be an inexperienced midfield. Dom might make the bench and maybe Elliott.

I'd start Gakpo and maybe Gordon and Danns.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Doesn't help that there's extra time so 30 mins can become 60 or 90 mins 120.

Mac, Endo and Elliott should be rested so it'll be an inexperienced midfield. Dom might make the bench and maybe Elliott.

I'd start Gakpo and maybe Gordon and Danns.

Does it not go straight to pens ?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Klopp on resting the likes of Bradley, Elliot & Kelleher:

"Yeah, In an ideal world you would think about these kind of things, but we obviously don't live in an ideal world."

looks like we have 3/11 of our line up named.

never thought we say this at the start of the season but the back up for bradley have humungous boots to fill ;D

and dont say is gomez. at least both our Left backs are fit. can we put tsimikas at right back and start a double inverted full back role?

hope spearing is registered as he is really needed now.